• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

Taco Bell

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 30, 2016, 11:33:33 PM
Looks like the Red wings are out for the fist time in 25 years. Not a bad run.

Both Boston and Detroit have 5 games to play, Boston is 1 point up in the standings.  Could go either way.
Boston has StL, Chi, Car, DET and Ott left to play.
Detroit has Min, Tor, Philly, BOS and NYR remaining.

That head to head will be huge as well as Detroit's game against Philly since claiming that last wild card spot could be their way in - philly currently has a 2 point advantage over Det for the last spot with 6 games remaining.
Philly's schedule goes Ott, Pit, DET, Tor, Pit, NYI.

If you're into numbers and probabilities...
Philly has 80.3% chance at playoffs, 17% at wild card 1, 68% at wild card 2
Boston has 73.6% chance at playoffs, 24% at wild card 1, 2% at wild card 2
Detroit has 38.5% chance at playoffs, 0% at wild card 1, 7% at wild card 2

Islanders currently hold the wild card 1 slot, 52% chance they finish there, 15% chance they finish in wild card 2
Pittsburgh who's already in the playoffs is 3rd in the Atlantic, but have a 23% at wild card 1 and 4% at wild card 2

TLDR - it could still happen for Detroit

Ms. C

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 31, 2016, 09:14:27 AM

TLDR - it could still happen for Detroit

Wings 3    Flyers   0
:D    👍  👏

trostol

I am not sure the Flyers actually got off the plane

ge30542

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 16, 2016, 08:49:52 PM
Flyers SUCK
They did tonight in Detroit.
Streak looks safe now.
Go Blues!

Taco Bell

Good bye Rexall Place. Good seeing all these old faces.

Taco Bell

Juicy matchups tonight with seeding implications...I hope the league scheduling guy gets a steak and a blow job for this.

Wings-Bs
Caps-Pens
Rags-Isles

Hawks-Blues
Ducks-Kings

Also hoping Colorado can smoke the Stars

albrecht

College hockey on ESPN2 in a bit though it conflicts with some NHL games I still love the Frozen Four and seeing future stars or just the kids playing for the sport and not high salary (not to take anything away from the NHL though.)

the_Stranger

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 06, 2016, 09:44:03 PM
Good bye Rexall Place. Good seeing all these old faces.

I'll always think of it as Northlands Coliseum.
Although I swear the announcer used to say NORTlands.
Which works, too, I suppose.
GKG!

Taco Bell

Just flipped it over to the DU/Fighting Sioux game.

Friend of mine works for DU, jaw dropped when he said how much it costs to attend there. He hates most of the kids that go there, their life of privilege must be rough. Just seeing some of the cars in student lots left me shaking my head...maybe I should visit more often, try to land one of those rich broads.

Go Sioux!

albrecht

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 07, 2016, 07:23:31 PM
Just flipped it over to the DU/Fighting Sioux game.

Friend of mine works for DU, jaw dropped when he said how much it costs to attend there. He hates most of the kids that go there, their life of privilege must be rough. Just seeing some of the cars in student lots left me shaking my head...maybe I should visit more often, try to land one of those rich broads.

Go Sioux!
Fighting Sioux won in a great game. Tomorrow night's final should be good. College hockey at this level is really fun to watch.

ps: even State Universities are getting crazy, I visited my alma mater after a FB game and walked around and was amazed. Pool with swim up bar (not sure if it sold booze but I think cokes and smoothies,) lounge chairs, outdoor tvs, WiFi everywhere, the gym had flat-screen tvs everywhere and A/C, etc etc. Some of the off-campus housing is also insane: roof top pools, concierge-like service, crazy rents, etc. If students are complaining about debt and staying in those kinds of places I have no sympathy!

Taco Bell

Big games today boys...here we go!

ge30542

Fuckin Blues!  Trailing Caps 4-1, as Stars trail Preds 1-0.

ge30542

Fuckin Stars have tied The Preds.

ge30542

Fuckin Pierre McGuire sure does suck.

albrecht

Congrats to the Sioux, they dominated. Not as good a game as some of the play-offs but still congratulations to ND!
Let's Go Stars!
Let's Go Caps!
Both of my teams cinch their divisions (and oddly Caps helped Stars do so) and so I might have some soul-searching to do if things continue along this way.

ge30542

The Blues ONCE again finish in the top 2 or 3, and now they have home ice in the first round against the Blackhawks. Could this be the year?
Wish me luck.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 10, 2016, 05:33:20 PM
The Blues ONCE again finish in the top 2 or 3, and now they have home ice in the first round against the Blackhawks. Could this be the year?
Wish me luck.

Nope. My beard has started. Hawks in 6.

ge30542

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 11, 2016, 12:22:51 PM
Nope. My beard has started. Hawks in 6.
Gravity, I hope you're wrong, my bracket has StL in 7.
Are you also a Cubs fan? StL could ALWAYS slap around the Cubs, but, Theo Epstein has done his magic, Cubs should be tough this year. As for my Cards, Matheny has basically been filling out LaRussa's lineup card for the last 3 years.
But this is the NHL thread. If the Blues do get past Hawks, we then get, LA, or ANA, or SAN JOSE.
The future is bleak, but, this could be the year, Hitchcock's job is definitely on the line.

ge30542

Opening night for the second season and this board ain't jumpin?
Wassup wit dat?
Go Blues!

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on April 13, 2016, 05:51:28 PM
Wassup wit dat?
Go Blues!
I am bust in my ass to get to a TV. I heard doc interviewed on mad dog radio and I am pumped for the playoffs

Ms. C

Quote from: ge30542 on April 13, 2016, 05:51:28 PM
Wassup wit dat?
Go Blues!
Go Wings!  2 to 1. Middle of second period

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 11, 2016, 05:32:34 PM
Gravity, I hope you're wrong, my bracket has StL in 7.
Are you also a Cubs fan? StL could ALWAYS slap around the Cubs, but, Theo Epstein has done his magic, Cubs should be tough this year. As for my Cards, Matheny has basically been filling out LaRussa's lineup card for the last 3 years.
But this is the NHL thread. If the Blues do get past Hawks, we then get, LA, or ANA, or SAN JOSE.
The future is bleak, but, this could be the year, Hitchcock's job is definitely on the line.

Lifelong Cubs and Hawks fan. Original Bleacher Bum. Still have my yellow hard hat somewhere. Bears until they got Cutler. Never a Bulls fan. I used to love the match ups between Gibson and Jenkins.

akwilly

Wings lightning game is turning into a brawl!

albrecht

Watching the Rangers/Pens and was just informed that the game was "TV-14 LV."  What kind of country do we have that our FCC says hockey is not suitable for under 14? And only "LV," well I guess play-offs and first games so maybe so. Go Caps! Go Stars!

trostol

the blonde behind the bolts coach was kinda cute

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on April 13, 2016, 06:37:51 PM
the blonde behind the bolts coach was kinda cute
yes I noticed that too

akwilly

Detroit Tampa was one hell of a game. Game two will be a boxing match with a little hockey thrown in