• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151026 - Dr. Michael Lynch – The Ghost Phenomenon - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 04:57:57 PM

trostol

so..i havent seen Jurassic World yet but i have been reading the main problem with it is the velociraptors?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: norland2424 on October 26, 2015, 10:17:45 PM

Somewhere I have a photo of me sitting at the mission commander console at launch control center at NASA Wallops Island.  Legit photo taken during a sounding rocket launch, I actually look like I'm doing something.

Seth is the last person on the planet that wants to confirm alien life, yet he's in charge of searching for alien life... Well done SETI saboteurs.

Spinner

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 26, 2015, 10:16:29 PM
Seth is downplaying this to the point of hilarity. It's absolutely absurd.
That may be because it wasn't the SETI Institute or he himself who made the discovery.  ::)

Designx

My theory is a destroyed planet orbiting close to the star probably due to a huge impact.

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on October 26, 2015, 10:22:11 PM
Hey now im pretty sure he was at least working as a janitor at the lewis center  ;D.
NASA doesn't have janitors. They have Workplace Sanitation Engineering Staff (WSES)

henge0stone

Quote from: Spinner on October 26, 2015, 10:23:39 PM

That may be because it wasn't the SETI Institute or he himself who made the discovery.  ::)

He's probably pessimistic beyond belief from finding nothing for so long.

maren

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 10:21:12 PM
Those are some strange tattoos on that woman. Fairly interesting show.

I can't imagine the writers having to come up with the meaning behind all those tattoos (or at least a lot of them) before the show even started.  I think she is a good actor.  And I like it when chicks kick ass.  ;D

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Spinner on October 26, 2015, 10:23:39 PM

That's definitely part of it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: coaster on October 26, 2015, 10:21:38 PM
I think it's a big assumption claiming its an alien dyson sphere. I'm glad Seth is giving Art a dose of reality.

It's a bigger assumption to claim it's a cloud of comets, an oblique star, or any of the other natural things they are desperately trying to pigeonhole into it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on October 26, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
I can't imagine the writers having to come up with the meaning behind all those tattoos (or at least a lot of them) before the show even started.  I think she is a good actor.  And I like it when chicks kick ass.  ;D
Yeah. I miss Covert Affairs.

coaster

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 26, 2015, 10:26:36 PM
It's a bigger assumption to claim it's a cloud of comets, an oblique star, or any of the other natural things they are desperately trying to pigeonhole into it.
Not really. More than likely, it is comets or some other natural cause. And if their were aliens, I highly doubt Seth would shit on it just because he didn't find them first. Some of this is just silly talk.

Spinner

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 26, 2015, 10:24:57 PM
Does it really surprise anyone that smoked meats are carcinogenic?
Nope. That has been known for decades.
Meat is good for you. Real, unadulterated meat, with plenty of fat in it. Yum!

coaster

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 26, 2015, 10:26:36 PM
Do you really think its a bigger assumption calling it a natural cause than to call it an alien dyson sphere? I mean, really?

Bradsmith313

A lot of people are calling shenanigans on the WHO report. And the story about hotdogs and human DNA.

Robert

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 26, 2015, 10:26:36 PMIt's a bigger assumption to claim it's a cloud of comets, an oblique star, or any of the other natural things they are desperately trying to pigeonhole into it.
But it's easy to imagine various things occulting a distant star periodically in a complex pattern.  I don't know of any way the occulting object(s) can be ranged, so there's no way to know how large it is.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Spinner on October 26, 2015, 10:30:32 PM

Nope. That has been known for decades.
Meat is good for you. Real, unadulterated meat, with plenty of fat in it. Yum!
You guys must be reading ahead, or my stream is way behind. That segment just ended.

maren

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 10:26:56 PM
Yeah. I miss Covert Affairs.

Me, too!   I was surprised when they just ended it -- thought it was a revenue darling for the network.

There was a flash in the pan (really unrealistic which I guess is right up my alley) with Katherine Heigl called State of Affairs that was axed.  I guess I was the only one watching.  Her character was like Annie on crack.