• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on February 01, 2012, 03:21:12 AM
Katherine Albrecht is one of the few whip-smart C2C guests who have rational thoughts. Her area of expertise is broadly the right of the individual "to be left alone". More specifically she keeps up with ever encroaching corporate and gov't surveillance attempts, as well as the coming "death of privacy". Smart lady who should be listened to.

Yes, but her constant pimping for 'startpage' (in which she has a financial interest) gets a little old.

Last night's show was mostly about her breast cancer, though, and I thought she came off as just like the callers who appear any time the subject is anything having to do with health: obsessed with her own health issues and prone to chattering on and on about them. The fact that the 'alternative' measures she used to recover were all Simple George wanted to talk about didn't help, either. 

valdez

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on February 01, 2012, 02:39:01 AM
Katherine Albrecht is on the air...saying she tried “natural remedies” for her cancer and they didn’t work... just testimonials and not science...blasted the idea that “the medical establishment just wants you to die from chemo and radiation so they can make money off of you.”  Noory couldn’t really argue with her...
Katherine Albrecht is one of the few whip-smart C2C guests who have rational thoughts...Smart lady who should be listened to.

Noory never stands up for all the stuff he is "convinced" about when he has a guest on of opposing views.  I was impressed with Katherine Albrecht, more than usual, maybe because she was on longer than twenty minutes.  Her explanation of the business model behind google, providing all it's product services for free, because, infact, "you are the product",  was about as well said as I had ever heard it said brfore.  It was the usual banter with "hair boy," and George's partner in Ancient Aliens crime, Giorgio Tsoukalos.  I don't know if I'm just paying more attention to it, but it sure seems like George is interupting these guest more and more.  Is he trying to come across as more conversational?  Is he purposely derailing a guest to avoid certain subjects?  Is he just a dolt?  I think he's a dolt.  Yeah, that's it.

http://www.anomalyradio.com/images/albrecht.jpg
Katherine Albrecht

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:12:49 PM
Hmm...to be on a date with George Noory. Well, look, as long as my fiance is cool with it, I'd be more than willing to go out on a date with Noory, as long as it's a decent bad ass zombie flick, and afterwards three pitchers of  Danish beer, sizzlin' and spicy beef fajitas and tacos, followed by a double espresso shot latte and blueberry cheesecake. Of course, my date would be a secret mission...yes...I, Natasha, secret agent woman spy, would do my utmost to ensure the sleeping potion placed in George's beer would send him into sweet slumber. Then, my accomplice, Boris, who would be shadowing us, would drive George to the port, where a slow boat to China would be waiting to depart.

Yes, boys, I would do this for all of you...and of course, the beer.
[/b]

And the Coastgab survey SAYS:

Jane you Ignorant slut

;)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: valdez on February 01, 2012, 05:56:51 AM
I don't know if I'm just paying more attention to it, but it sure seems like George is interupting these guest more and more.  Is he trying to come across as more conversational?  Is he purposely derailing a guest to avoid certain subjects?
I've noticed a change in his demeanor lately.  More involved.  Trying to be humorous.  I honestly think he's trying something different for change...a slight improvement.  Though I don't like the interruptions. Maybe he's feeling the competition from 'Beck Lite' Wells. Too early to tell if its a trend.  Or maybe he's simply discovered Red Bull. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 01, 2012, 11:49:07 AM
I've noticed a change in his demeanor lately.  More involved.  Trying to be humorous.  I honestly think he's trying something different for change...a slight improvement. 

Imagine what it's like to be Noory.  You're 61 years old, constantly reminding folks you've "been around this 'bidness'" since you were 19.  But deep down you've got the nagging feeling those awful haters have a point.  You aren't any good.  Or maybe you're getting pressure from PremRat to clean up your act and that's starting to make you wonder if you've got any chops. 

It's awfully late in your career to be trying to learn what you should have learned at 19. 

I'd feel sorry for the guy if he wasn't such a tool. 

b_dubb

Quote from: expat on January 31, 2012, 05:52:48 PM
I nearly vommed into my pillow last night ... C2C isn't supposed to do this.
Has Coast to Coast become ipecac radio? That's a rhetorical question

Sardondi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 01, 2012, 12:00:06 PM
Imagine what it's like to be Noory.  You're 61 years old, constantly reminding folks you've "been around this 'bidness'" since you were 19.  But deep down you've got the nagging feeling those awful haters have a point.  You aren't any good.  Or maybe you're getting pressure from PremRat to clean up your act and that's starting to make you wonder if you've got any chops. 

It's awfully late in your career to be trying to learn what you should have learned at 19. 

I'd feel sorry for the guy if he wasn't such a tool.

You make an excellent point. But I'm betting there aren't too many 61-year-olds that don't have those concerns nagging at them at least a little, even if they're masters at their game. It's a natural function of aging, because, while there is no substitute for experience, and you could beat the young version of yourself with both hands tied behind your back, there are a lot of things you just flatly cannot do like you used to.

But in Noory's case he's right to wonder if he's just a talentless hack who fell headlong into the prime gig out of pure dumb luck.

Jasmine

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on February 01, 2012, 09:05:27 AM
[/b] And the Coastgab survey SAYS:

Jane you Ignorant slut

;)

Well! Mr. Wild Card Guy, I'll have you know that I am deeply offended at being deemed ignorant! You, sir, are no gentleman...but I dig your sense of humor.  ;D

Katherine Albrecht is one of the few whip-smart C2C guests who have rational thoughts. Her area of expertise is broadly the right of the individual "to be left alone". More specifically she keeps up with ever encroaching corporate and gov't surveillance attempts, as well as the coming "death of privacy". Smart lady who should be listened to.

I concur; I rather like Katherine and what she has to say. My take on her is that she, like the few other reputable guests, realize the media avenues/opportunistic windows for them to convey their respective messages are in the few, as few mainstream media outlets would be receptive, obviously. Therefore me thinks she (and the few others) tolerate Georgie's inane stupidity and severe lack of interviewing skills in order to reach an audience. I can (like others here) always discern when a guest doesn't think much of Georgie. Too bad there's that damn seven second delay; imagine what uncensored words and music would be hurled at him over the airwaves from someone in the mood to really let him have it, but good. Then again, George is so bloody thick that one has to wonder if he does ingest and assimilate what's communicated to him. Thick as a bloody brick, that one is.

I'm going to tune into the Mike Heiser interview re ancient astronauts. Don't believe I've heard this guy before - hope he's decent, and although I'm adamantly non-religious, I find it interesting when someone presents an intriguing hypothesis re biblical studies.

Random thought: the 'Coast Insider' for less than 25 cents a day reminds me of those old Sally Struthers commercials about third world children sponsorship...don't know why and don't ask me why.

Ben Shockley

A prediction about Wednesday night's show:

The "Coast" site describes the show as being divided into "halves" (not particular "hours") between McKay Jenkins regarding synthetic chemicals in our bodies, and Hans Christian King regarding a bunch of absolutely made-up airy-fairy-ness.
Know where I'm going yet?
I predict --like Georgie, my gut tells me-- the first "half" will clock in at 1 hour.  Who needs to talk about all those chemicals with names that Georgie can't pronounce, and stuff about "parts per billion"...?  That makes Georgie's brain hurt.
Gwosh, Georgie just can't wait to talk to an "intuitive medium" about "cycles of energy," "The Void," "affecting lives," "experiencing loss," and "possibilities."  In other words, totally non-empirical, non-falsifiable  crap.
....Okay, maybe that first "half" will go 2 hours if Georgie can somehow bend it into an attack on traditional medicine and science.

Quote from: Jasmine on February 01, 2012, 03:01:14 PM
I'm going to tune into the Mike Heiser   interview re ancient astronauts. Don't believe I've heard this guy before - hope he's decent, and although I'm adamantly non-religious, I find it interesting when someone presents an intriguing hypothesis re biblical studies.
Prepare for an onslaught of ego.  First, Heiser is a true believer in the religion of the texts he studies; know that up front.  But my perception from hearing this guy for 12 years or so is that he's the type of academic who was Transformed by grad school, which Heiser apparently luxuriated in for well over a decade.   He now believes that he is the sole purveyor of truth; he is the Dr. Zaius --or Dr. Hawass-- of Middle-Eastern texts, the defender of the Cult of the Canon.
To make matters worse, he seems to think he --at long last, he-- has found some deep, underlying, nefarious story in the Judeo-Christian religious history, which he has conveniently turned into at least 1 fictional novel.
Anyway, when that kind of literal stuffed shirt runs up against Noory and the usual callers ~ well, Jasmine, just listen for how oh-so-world-weary Heiser sounds as he tries to explain things to mere mortals... sighing, sounding so pained and frustrated-- and that's just him ordering coffee.
Count on the topic of Zecharia Sitchin to come up.  Heiser has made a sideline business out of debunking Sitchin, which I give him some credit for.  Noory loves to "quote" Sitchin, but always comes up very short, since it's quite clear he's never actually read any of Sitchin's books, and has only memorized little conversational bullet-points like "3,600 year orbit," "mine for gold," and "genetic manipulation."   Heiser will brush right past it, and Noory won't try to defend it at all.

Quote from: Jasmine on February 01, 2012, 03:01:14 PMI can (like others here) always discern when a guest doesn't think much of Georgie...
That's pretty much Heiser; he'd consider Noory (and any of us) a dolt even if only for not sharing his educational background.  Otherwise, another one who just uses Noory as one of the few places he can get some exposure.

Quote from: Jasmine on February 01, 2012, 03:01:14 PMRandom thought: the 'Coast Insider' for less than 25 cents a day reminds me of those old Sally Struthers commercials  about third world children sponsorship...don't know why and don't ask me why.
'Why" stretch back 25 years to Sally Struthers?  Those kids are right on the "Coast" home page!
NoorCoast offers 1-stop shopping!  Get your subscription (to something you can get for free) and your little brown kid all in one place!

ManiacMatt

Here is a small piece of crap from GN's book, Journey to Nonsense.  Anyone who buys his books has to be at least a quart low.  He's always trying to inflate his importance and come off as some super intellectual.  High IQ?  Yeah right.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 01, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Here is a small piece of crap from GN's book, Journey to Nonsense.  Anyone who buys his books has to be at least a quart low.  He's always trying to inflate his importance and come off as some super intellectual.  High IQ?  Yeah right.
At least.  Read carefully: he's Jesus.   Calming the winds and waters and such.
And he sure seems to make a big deal out of graduating high school.  Like maybe it had been predicted that he wouldn't~ and he has to (lamely) rub it in the face of all the "haters" who said he wouldn't-- you know, "haters" like teachers and counselors... parents...

expat

Quote from: valdez on February 01, 2012, 05:56:51 AM
I was impressed with Katherine Albrecht, more than usual, maybe because she was on longer than twenty minutes.
I just <3 her girlish laugh.

jinwicked

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on February 01, 2012, 02:39:01 AM
Katherine Albrecht is on the air right now saying she tried “natural remedies” for her cancer and they didn’t work.  She also told Noory that she researched some of the purported remedies and found they were just testimonials and not science.  She also blasted the idea that “the medical establishment just wants you to die from chemo and radiation so they can make money off of you.”  Noory couldn’t really argue with her (she is pretty bright and has studied how to read statistics and scientific literature) -- so he claimed that his putting her on his Friday prayer list is what helped her.   ;D

I heard this and thoroughly enjoyed it. I need to start taking notes.

There are more Noory comics in my future, I think.

Katherine Albrecht is Art Bell guest material. I loved her being on. I especially like how she corrected Noory.

Noory seemed excited when she told him why the ads on his computer were for things that he searched on Google. He seemed to "get it." I figured he know 'somptin's gonna happen' but didn't realize that people still didn't understand how internet advertising works, especially in relation to Google.

Google is such a peeping tom.
I searched for "shows since 2002 hosted by people who suck" and this ad keeps popping up:

Somptin's gonna happen

Sherman Oaks, CA, PremRat building. 

Somewhere right now George Noory is being coached, practicing saying the word February.   

During the show, without a net - other than the 20 second delay - George will panic and continue to just say 'Feb'.

Welcome to February, George.

Maybe he will say "second month of the year!"

"Feberruaryie'"
"Febrary"
"Febpraire"
"Febinstinary"

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 01, 2012, 04:35:23 PM...(Disembowelment of Heiser)...

That...that was....wonderful. You slobberknocked him. It hardly matters who the subject is, or whether I agree - a wonderfully through ass-kicking like that is a work of art, entire unto itself.

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 01, 2012, 04:35:23 PM...Count on the topic of Zecharia Sitchin to come up.  Heiser has made a sideline business out of debunking Sitchin, which I give him some credit for.  Noory loves to "quote" Sitchin...

And if Sitchin is mentioned, my money is on Simple George trotting out the mummery of his Aunt Shafica Karagulla yet one more  time.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 01, 2012, 04:48:16 PM
Here is a small piece of crap from GN's book, Journey to Nonsense....

Holy crap. Frack me to tears, but that excerpt has to be some of the foulest autoamatoriana to ever be committed to paper. How can the author (hell, even the subject!) of something like that bear to look at himself in the mirror?!

jinwicked

I find these power of prayer peddling people extremely offensive.

My mother struggled, wasted away, and died of cancer with a whole church of people praying for her.

Did God choose to ignore them? Did they not pray hard enough? Always some bullshit excuse.

Her cancer is in my genetics. It is not some grand plan. It is a shit lottery.

Die in a fire George Noory with whoever your guest is tonight.

MDL5676

Lmao... A few minutes ago George briefly alluded to his "Great Escape" and told his guest how he was "almost kidnapped in Mexico a few weeks ago", which once again proves that George is a ull fledged card-carrying narcissist and pathlogical liar who also suffers from delusions of grandeur and an inabilty to differentiate between reality and events that only exist in his sick, demented mind. So once again SNoory has unequivocally managed to achieve an even more profound level of utter suckage...  :-\ Noory succeeds at failing...           

MDL5676

Lmao... Tonight George briefly alluded to his "Great Escape" from a while back and told his guest that he was "almost kidnapped in Mexico a few weeks ago", which once again proves that George is a full fledged card-carrying narcissist and pathlogical liar who suffers from delusions of grandeur and an inabilty to differentiate between what is reality and that which only exists in his sick, demented mind... So once again SNoory has unequivocally managed to achieve an even more profound level of utter suckage... Noory succeeds at failing...           

valdez

Quote from: jinwicked on February 02, 2012, 02:50:19 AM

Did God choose to ignore them?

I usually can't deal with environmentalist, but Mckay Jenkins was not too bad.  I'm sure he's right about all the dangerous crap laying around my house, but what am I gonna do?  Hans Christian King was also cool, talking about angels and such, but this week I've been walking around in a bit of a daze over the pastor who was killed in that big accident in Florida along with his wife and two kids.  They lived not too far from me, and my wife was acquainted with them, and folks around here are in shock.  I ain't angry at God, or his angels, but sometimes it seems the universe is awfully damn cold.

11angeleyes11

It would appear, the heavens have been good to George, Coast to Coast was laid at his feet, . . . . and he hosted.

Avi

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on February 02, 2012, 06:26:15 AM
It would appear, the heavens have been good to George, Coast to Coast was laid at his feet, . . . . and he hosted.

It would appear, the heavens have been good to George, a donkey dick was put to his lips,....and he sucked it.

Sorry, angeleyes, you are a mostly harmless nudge (punctuation aside), but I hear BobGrau is looking for some of what you're smokin'. He'll try anything.

expat

Quote from: valdez on February 02, 2012, 06:16:34 AM
Hans Christian King was also cool, talking about angels and such....
        Oh, he got the off-switch treatment from me as soon as he said "People are afraid of absolutely everything." I just knew Noory would fail to ask the follow-ups: a) Which people, Hans? b) How do you know that?

BobGrau

Quote from: jinwicked on February 02, 2012, 02:50:19 AM
I find these power of prayer peddling people extremely offensive.

My mother struggled, wasted away, and died of cancer with a whole church of people praying for her.

Did God choose to ignore them? Did they not pray hard enough? Always some bullshit excuse.

Her cancer is in my genetics. It is not some grand plan. It is a shit lottery.

Die in a fire George Noory with whoever your guest is tonight.

God loves cancer too, y'know. He's very indiscriminate like that.

(I have alzheimer's to look forward to. I wonder if it will help my future career as a talk radio host?)

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on February 02, 2012, 07:14:58 AM

Sorry, angeleyes, you are a mostly harmless nudge (punctuation aside), but I hear BobGrau is looking for some of what you're smokin'. He'll try anything.

yeah, hurry up and pass that. I haven't made a spelling mistake all day!

Wild Card Guy

Oh, wonderful. I just glanced at the C2C site, and at the top is:

The C2C Media Player is here!
Send us your submission for possible inclusion on our player. Anything goes: personal footage of UFOs, trips to exotic locations, unusual evidence or collections, video blogs about Coast...

WTF? How more off the rails can this show go? The Three Stooges - Tom, Lisa, and George, have now officially opened the gates to the asylum to let even more crazies inside. Just hearing the batshit loon callers East or West of the Rockies wasn't enough...no no no...plain on-air audio ramblings of Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff listeners is so yesterday. Now, let's see em', too! It's C2C Youtube.

Hmm...video blogs about Coast, huh? Hmmm *rubbing my chin* Interesting...very interesting.

JohnnieB

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on February 02, 2012, 12:00:39 PM
Oh, wonderful. I just glanced at the C2C site...

No! No! Look away! It burns! It burns!

The C2C Media Player is here!
Send us your submission for possible inclusion on our player. Anything goes: personal footage of UFOs, trips to exotic locations, unusual evidence or collections, video blogs about Coast...

Does this mean we now actually get to SEE Roseanne Barr at Tahiti Village?

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: JohnnieB on February 02, 2012, 12:12:13 PM
Does this mean we now actually get to SEE Roseanne Barr at Tahiti Village?

Don't know about Roseanne, but here is Coast Blogger Aloha Robert, who obviously took the George Noory Radio Broadcasting Correspondence School course (the one that Sally Struthers promoted on a commercial!). In this video blog, Aloha Robert tells us all about Tahiti Village, and clearly utilizes the AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE radio talk host skills that George offers radio superstar wannabees in his $999.99 correspondence course.

Aloha Robert graduated from the George Noory Radio Broadcasting Correspondence School with honors!

Aloha Robert Talks about Tahiti Village Resort in Las Vegas