• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 03:28:12 AM
There should also be an apostrophe between Fry and s.  I think.  Who is this Fry anyway?  And by the way, you would still be allowed to vote if I ran things.  Don't worry.  You and Lena are permitted to vote.  And my wife.  And maybe Scully, I don't know.  I'd have to review all the ladies on a case by case basis.
I just love Futurama. I did not have one available, and a star would have been lame. Thanks for noticing.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 03:34:50 AM
Me and Herman Cain.

I don't really care about the affairs as much as how he encapsulates them in his mind.  It is his delusion that he could run for president without all this stuff coming to the surface that presents the problem.  A mind that is prone to self-delusion should not be a prime decision maker.

The General

Quote from: Vatar on November 30, 2011, 03:41:16 AM
How do you classify transgender people?
As confused as a fat kid with a salad.

The General

Quote from: High Strangeness on November 30, 2011, 09:57:58 AM
I don't really care about the affairs as much as how he encapsulates them in his mind.  It is his delusion that he could run for president without all this stuff coming to the surface that presents the problem.  A mind that is prone to self-delusion should not be a prime decision maker.
I know what you mean.  When the first lady came out, I thought to myself, "so what?  This has to be some kind of smear campaign."  By the time the sixth lady appeared, with telephone records and other evidence, I just don't know.  I think the Cain Train has reached its final destination.  It's too bad too, because he'd have been a great candidate to get the nomination.  And not that I care, but I think it makes him harder to elect.  Any republican with a trail of sexcapades like that should know that it's ALL going to come out.  At least he likes women, ya know, we have to be grateful for small things...  Christ, you'd think that Barney Frank could've been brought down a long time ago for scandalous shit, but no... that's where the double standard lies.  Democrats can get away with murder when it comes to scandals.  Republicans have to be clean as a whistle because the media will hunt down and pay ANYBODY with any dirt on them to come out and chirp like a canary.

Anyhow.  It doesn't actually bother me either.  He could've had a hundred affairs and I'd still vote for him.  I'm looking for a candidate that can think like a businessman fiscally and has a plan to deal with the high debt, tax, and spending problems.  I really don't care how he behaves in his sexual life.  It's interesting to think, if the European media dug up dirt on a candidate's affairs in Europe, they would say, "Yeah we know.  They all have mistresses.  Who cares."

I guess it's back to rooting for Ron Paul.  Who's also unelectable.  Sad. 

b_dubb

I think Ron Paul is the best candidate. I also think he's the most dangerous to the establishment. And therefore has no chance

Silent

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 10:43:14 AM
that's where the double standard lies.  Democrats can get away with murder when it comes to scandals.  Republicans have to be clean as a whistle because the media will hunt down and pay ANYBODY with any dirt on them to come out and chirp like a canary.

Anthony Weiner would disagree.

The General

Quote from: Silent on November 30, 2011, 11:48:00 AM
Anthony Weiner would disagree.
Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 12:23:59 PM
I am sure Bill Clinton would also disagree
Clinton got away with it.  And Weiner had to go, for other reasons.  They have the dirt on everybody, and will use it if they need to.  That's my opinion.  There are scandals galore just under the surface of the Obama admin, but nobody in the media goes there.  The main stream media and the government are one and the same, by the way.  Herman Cain was WAY too anti-establishment, they worked around the clock to dig up these women.  Or do you think these women just came out of their own accord?  I don't.  They can and will bring down anyone when they need to.

b_dubb

Who is 'they'? And Clinton got impeached. But only after Ken Star spent $45 million investigating him. But I suppose that was Clinton's fault too. Not Ken Starr

The media is driven by the bottom line like any for profit business. Improve ratings. Increase ad sales. Whatever it takes to drive ratings

Marc.Knight

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 12:45:46 PM
The Government/Media/Business power structure.

In other words those who are not subject to the democratic system.

The General

Quote from: High Strangeness on November 30, 2011, 01:40:28 PM

In other words those who are not subject to the democratic system.
Yes exactly.  The prime example that comes to my mind is Jeff Immelt.  He is CEO of General Electric.  That's the business side.  General Electric owns NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and has stakes in Comcast, Universal, and RCA.  That's the media side.  Quite a large piece of the media pie! He ALSO has a stake in the Obama cabinet as the Chairperson of the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Obama's "Job Czar."   So, he is in government, media, and business.  And AMAZINGLY, GE gets away with paying very little taxes and gets HUGE government bailouts.  The corruption is blatant and appalling.  People like this run your country. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 02:08:27 PM
Yes exactly.  The prime example that comes to my mind is Jeff Immelt.  He is CEO of General Electric.  That's the business side.  General Electric owns NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and has stakes in Comcast, Universal, and RCA.  That's the media side.  Quite a large piece of the media pie! He ALSO has a stake in the Obama cabinet as the Chairperson of the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Obama's "Job Czar."   So, he is in government, media, and business.  And AMAZINGLY, GE gets away with paying very little taxes and gets HUGE government bailouts.  The corruption is blatant and appalling.  People like this run your country.

It gets worse when we start looking at external influences such as the millions of Yuan being passed quietly under the table in the White House.  The Chinese and Russians were pleasantly amused by Bush's incompetence, but they are enthralled with Obama blissfully kneeling at their ruddy boots.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 12:34:26 PM
Who is 'they'? And Clinton got impeached. But only after Ken Star spent $45 million investigating him. But I suppose that was Clinton's fault too. Not Ken Starr

The media is driven by the bottom line like any for profit business. Improve ratings. Increase ad sales. Whatever it takes to drive ratings
All he had to do is say "we did it. We did it a lot and regularly. Now f off." Sometimes I wonder if he did it to get an edge. Probably not. Clinton is such a "serious" and "esteemed" guy. A Rhodes scholar who ate big macs like they were tic tacs.

b_dubb

so which media conglomerate is served by the Liberal agenda?  you know a lot of companies that WANT higher taxes?  name one. 

business is in bed with the right.  take a look at the US Chamber of Commerce which is effectively an extension of the republican party

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 07:16:14 PM

business is in bed with the right.  take a look at the US Chamber of Commerce which is effectively an extension of the republican party
Please. Bill Gates, Paul Allen et al, are of the Left. They've gotten tax breaks galore, send innumerable jobs overseas, specialize in technology that leads to downsizing. That the right and business are hand in hand is to ignore the last 20 years. Look at all of Clinton's pals that got even richer in the 90's. They are just as guilty as the Right.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 30, 2011, 07:26:30 PM
         Please. Bill Gates, Paul Allen et al, are of the Left. They've gotten tax breaks galore, send innumerable jobs overseas, specialize in technology that leads to downsizing. That the right and business are hand in hand is to ignore the last 20 years. Look at all of Clinton's pals that got even richer in the 90's. They are just as guilty as the Right.
i won't refute what you're saying.  but i certainly won't concede there's a vast left wing conspiracy

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 09:50:31 PM
i won't refute what you're saying.  but i certainly won't concede there's a vast left wing conspiracy
There's no vast left or right wing conspiracy. It's greedy fucks whose ideology is "how much for me" ranging from Rupert Murdoch to George Soros. They're all the same.
    To follow up on an earlier post of yours...I agree Ron Paul has no chance in the big picture. The media loves him in his current role as someone who frags other Republicans...but if he ever got the nomination-then they'd unearth his "dirt" and bury him with it.

Eddie Coyle

Things I despise: Fucking IFC interrupting "Zodiac" every goddamned 10th minute to run commercials. The least "Independent" channel ever.

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 07:16:14 PM
so which media conglomerate is served by the Liberal agenda?  you know a lot of companies that WANT higher taxes?  name one. 

The richest congressmen and senators are on the left.  And yes, they DO want higher taxes.  For you.  It's what drives me bats about the rich and powerful left; they think that they know better how to spend our money than we do.  But I'm with you on blaming Republicans for their fair share of greed and corruption.  I see very little difference between the two groups.  They may talk different talk, but they all walk the same walk.

Which is why we need an outsider. 

Frys Girl

Screw Harvey Weinstein and his "please tax me more!" Here are the solutions to your problems Harvey:

1. Go on a diet.

2. Don't take deductions. The IRS isn't going to complain.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 10:43:14 AM
When the first lady came out...

when i read that, i swear to god, i thought you were suggesting michelle obama had announced an unknown fact about herself.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2011, 10:46:04 AM
I think Ron Paul is the best candidate. I also think he's the most dangerous to the establishment. And therefore has no chance

agreed 1000%.

analog kid

Quote from: The General on November 30, 2011, 12:29:01 PM
Clinton got away with it.  And Weiner had to go, for other reasons.  They have the dirt on everybody, and will use it if they need to.  That's my opinion.  There are scandals galore just under the surface of the Obama admin, but nobody in the media goes there.  The main stream media and the government are one and the same, by the way.  Herman Cain was WAY too anti-establishment, they worked around the clock to dig up these women.  Or do you think these women just came out of their own accord?  I don't.  They can and will bring down anyone when they need to.

It goes both ways. The mainstream media didn't go after Bush on a number of scandals, like when he gave a gay hooker unlimited access the the White House for months.

The left would love nothing more than having Cain be the nomination though. You can't really blame his failure on them, and a lot of his accusers were other Republicans. Not that I know that's what you were suggesting, but I don't know who you mean by "they."

Frys Girl

It's 2011. Men still find that their penises prevent them from pursuing elected office if they don't have the right connections in media and public relations. Just amazing that after all this time, a single candidate hasn't had the courage to come clean and say "i have slept with at least 100 women. I have cheated. I have lied. However, I can govern." I know Wolf Blitzer (gah what a shitty name) and the rest of the cable tv jerks will have a line-up to debate even that simple a statement, but so what. It will blow over and people will eventually focus on the candidate's platform. I think this kind of honesty is important. I'd respect a man or woman more if he or she admits these weaknesses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want someone who boasts about being a hoe, but I'm pissed that Herman Cain is gone and a useless vegetable like Romney is going to stick around.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 01, 2011, 09:18:19 PM
It's 2011. Men still find that their penises prevent them from pursuing elected office if they don't have the right connections in media and public relations. Just amazing that after all this time, a single candidate hasn't had the courage to come clean and say "i have slept with at least 100 women. I have cheated. I have lied. However, I can govern." I know Wolf Blitzer (gah what a shitty name) and the rest of the cable tv jerks will have a line-up to debate even that simple a statement, but so what. It will blow over and people will eventually focus on the candidate's platform. I think this kind of honesty is important. I'd respect a man or woman more if he or she admits these weaknesses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want someone who boasts about being a hoe, but I'm pissed that Herman Cain is gone and a useless vegetable like Romney is going to stick around.
I feel your pain.  It's almost like the Republicans are going to run a puffy white guy just to lose the election on purpose.  Again.