• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150805 - Flat Earth Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

Coz

The funny thing for me is that I listen to satellites almost every day and can track their position in the sky at any given moment.

How do guys like this get past this kind of thing? How to they explain objects in orbit?

zeebo

If the earth is flat, then how can you fly around the world?

Alienmojo

Forget who books the guests... who the HELL books these commercials!?!

eddie dean

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 05, 2015, 10:18:16 PM
Heatheredacted: THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you! I hope we can get a rematch with last nights phony and this professor. This is great radio.  :)

Second!
I'm thoroughly entertained!

Quote from: urbie88 on August 05, 2015, 10:32:13 PM
My god - I haven't been on this site for nearly a year and I came on simply to say this:

Whoever booked this troll of a guest needs to be waterboarded. It's one thing to have a crack pot theory.  It's quite another to just troll the show and make a mockery of basic science and a respected physicist.  Jesus.... >:(

Jon hasn't been permitted to finish even one point.  As soon as Jon begins to give an opposing response, he is CUT OFF!  The astronomer needs some self confidence.

urbie88

The "Is the world flat" question needs to be asked at tomorrow's debate. 

Seriously - I think this is just Art trolling us all.  It's either an amazing example of the theater of the absurd or I'm hallucinating. 

Claudius

Quote from: bateman on August 05, 2015, 10:35:48 PM
I feel like everyone who's enjoying the show tonight is probably an Opie & Anthony fan. This is beautiful cringe radio.
Actually no, but I was a huge fan of a similar show from Detroit... Only show to beat out Stern in a market.

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 05, 2015, 10:30:17 PM
So....is Art going to the debate format now? Two days in a row he has had debates.

ROSE...unleash the posts! Love it!

Jocko Johnson

I feel like everyone who's enjoying the show tonight is probably an Opie & Anthony fan. This is beautiful cringe radio.
Douche chills!

saucerlike

Quote from: Jody Bell Ringer on August 05, 2015, 10:25:40 PM
The "astronomer" is ill equipped to debate.  He is argumentative, pompous,  condescending, insulting, and just plain rude.  I.e. over talking John when his point is about to be debunked.  And, Art...two against one?

See, see!  "John, you're getting mixed up here".  Let John make some points.  And, the doctor should not be so insecure to try and belittle his opposition.  Oh, yeah...laugh now Doctor.   You loser.
Uh, yeah... sure :P

Dixon Bawls

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 05, 2015, 10:35:23 PM
This is a great show already. I hope it goes the full 3 hours. This guy is a nut job and makes entertaining radio.

Yessir, it is.

Saltheart

Wormholed a question:

Art, If the earth is flat, please ask how thick it is!

Catops

Quote from: Jody Bell Ringer on August 05, 2015, 10:32:46 PM
Jon is not being permitted to make any points for his views.  The astronomer,Dr. is a hot-head, nervous Nilly that cannot tolerate any opposing views.  No, class, no character, he's a blow-hard.

Davebot.

Actually Dr. Doctor is holding up fairly well in this train wreck of a debate.  His opposite number doesn't have to be rational or make sense, but Dr. Dr. does and does so with a fair amount of equanimity as well.  Kudos and sympathies.

albrecht

Nope. Can't stand them or Stern. The Greaseman and Phil Hendrie is about the only "shock jocks" I could listen too (and I really wouldn't put those guys in the category due to their creativity and radio genius.)

rtz

If it's flat; I should be able to see the whole thing if the perspective is right?  What's on the bottom of a flat earth?  How thick is it?  What do the sides look like?  Shouldn't we have found out by now?  I think this guy is an ignorant troll/prankster that likes to be dead wrong just to rile people up.  He does it for the attention.

Textor

Quote from: popple on August 05, 2015, 10:36:31 PM
BellGabbers, can you conceive of a flat world riding on the backs of 4 elephants riding on the back of a sea turtle floating through space? Not even for a second?

WELL, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.....

I can conceive of this. I'd actually love to live on disc world. Death is rather nice there.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 05, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Hey people, so is bella haven still a thing, is it still on the air?

Yep, last time I checked they are still rocking it after Art's show. I got caught up in RCH talking down to bell gabbers last night, but the bella haven show is still going I believe.

Claudius

Quote from: zeebo on August 05, 2015, 10:36:32 PM
That's an old wives tale!

Art, why do you have such an obnoxious twit on your show?  Why, Art?

He needs a major takedown. The Professor needs to stop with the nice guy biz and body slam this dumbass.

eddie dean

Quote from: zeebo on August 05, 2015, 10:36:32 PM

NASA conspiracy my fury friend

nextgen.fm

IF IT IS FLAT...lol...how is the other side of earth having night and other side day...

Northcoaster

If the world was flat, we wouldn't have arctic chagga

Maxwell

I think John is actually Phil Hendrie having some fun with Art.

And, the Dr.'s passive-aggressive comments such as:  this is getting RIDICULOUS.  "Jon just doesn't understand."  I think that Jon will bait this blowhard and the Dr. will hang up.  I hope.

Fisheye Lens obviously
Quote from: rtz on August 05, 2015, 10:37:29 PM
If it's flat; I should be able to see the whole thing if the perspective is right?  What's on the bottom of a flat earth?  How thick is it?  What do the sides look like?  Shouldn't we have found out by now?  I think this guy is an ignorant troll/prankster that likes to be dead wrong just to rile people up.  He does it for the attention.