• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Been absent since mitd very first came out..

Started by Delphi, June 28, 2016, 01:15:48 AM

Delphi

So why isn't art on the air and who the hell is the chick?  What happened to art

BobGrau

It'll be interesting if he suddenly comes back once the election's past.  :o

Delphi

Art was once my main man...  I don't believe this a bit,  glad it's done for good...so sick of disappointment. 

THa k you for the update guys

CuriousinUSA

Isn't Art suppose to be on dark matter digital?

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/

Or is he really done with it all? I think he did some things on periscope about 6 months ago.

Art we miss you! Those open lines are the best!

zeebo

It's not Art's show anymore.  But it's still called the name he picked, he still does promos for it, all his music is still played, and half the callers still mention him.  Hope that clears things up.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Delphi on June 28, 2016, 01:15:48 AM
So why isn't art on the air and who the hell is the chick?  What happened to art

Oh you ended up in that timeline ey?

Quote from: zeebo on June 29, 2016, 09:12:34 PM
It's not Art's show anymore.  But it's still called the name he picked, he still does promos for it, all his music is still played, and half the callers still mention him.  Hope that clears things up.

He says he has nothing to do with MITD. Nothing!

WOTR

Quote from: Delphi on June 28, 2016, 10:07:19 PM
Art was once my main man...  I don't believe this a bit,  glad it's done for good...so sick of disappointment. 

THa k you for the update guys
I was going to post my usual snark in response- but the screen name rung a Bell, so I took a quick look at your posts...

Yeah, Art came back, did a couple of months of shows and then more or less disappeared (still pops in here form time to time.)  The woman you hear on the show is (Redacted) from Bellgab.  I think she was quite active around the time that you were active here- so you may remember her.

She was Arts producer and took over when Art left.  Some people like her and her style, Art says she is getting better every day, and some people have been quite... well, lets say unkind in their criticism (right down to she was a phone sex worker and screwing Art...)  Needless to say, she is not active here anymore.

That should about sum it up.  As for being glad it is done for good and being sick of disappointment, I would suggest that you will find a way to mourn and move on.  You are still young, and there will be other (larger) disappointments in life than a talk show host quitting.  :(

starrmtn001

Quote from: WOTR on June 29, 2016, 10:08:37 PM
I was going to post my usual snark in response- but the screen name rung a Bell, so I took a quick look at your posts...

Yeah, Art came back, did a couple of months of shows and then more or less disappeared (still pops in here form time to time.)  The woman you hear on the show is (Redacted) from Bellgab.  I think she was quite active around the time that you were active here- so you may remember her.

She was Arts producer and took over when Art left.  Some people like her and her style, Art says she is getting better every day, and some people have been quite... well, lets say unkind in their criticism (right down to she was a phone sex worker and screwing Art...)  Needless to say, she is not active here anymore.

That should about sum it up.  As for being glad it is done for good and being sick of disappointment, I would suggest that you will find a way to mourn and move on.  You are still young, and there will be other (larger) disappointments in life than a talk show host quitting.  :(
Thank you for the unbiased up date, WOTR.  You're cool, man. ;) :-*

mikuthing01

Art picked yet another unqualified replacement and this time with no radio experience.

WOTR

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 29, 2016, 11:21:13 PM
Thank you for the unbiased up date, WOTR.  You're cool, man. ;) :-*
Thanks... I had to look at your profile as well (figured you must be a new joiner and I should say "post often" or warn you about all of the evil, long time posters.)   ;)

I must have missed the reasoning behind the name change a few days ago. I miss Star  :'( :)

Hollow Man

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 01:48:34 AM
It is.  You should be.

Wait, wait. You think Art's a liar, Starr? Damn, that's news to me. Since when? ???

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 30, 2016, 06:20:27 AM
Wait, wait. You think Art's a liar, Starr? Damn, that's news to me. Since when? ???

I've become more skeptical as we get further away from it all. I think Art for whatever reason just can't admit to others he doesn't want to do a show anymore. I'm sure he enjoys radio but the work and time he has to put into it on a daily basis is too much for a retired family man. It's just too bad what he's done to his reputation as a result.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 30, 2016, 03:48:21 PM
... what he's done to his reputation as a result.

The lies were bad enough - about being 'stalked' and 'shot at', but it was the absolute distain he showed for the audience and the insult to their intelligence that really galls.  We were supposed to believe that?  Really?  Stunning.

And by the way, keep up with your subscriptions because you never know when he'll do a show. 

zeebo

I've become more skeptical as we get further away from it all. I think Art for whatever reason just can't admit to others he doesn't want to do a show anymore. I'm sure he enjoys radio but the work and time he has to put into it on a daily basis is too much for a retired family man. It's just too bad what he's done to his reputation as a result.

It's weird because as he was building up to the re-launch alot of us were telling him we'd be happy with whatever schedule he wanted to do, even just one nite a week or even a podcast.  But he seemed determined to spin up a whole infrastructure and do five nites and create all these stressful dependencies, etc.  Didn't have to be that way imho.

mikuthing01

It's just too bad what he's done to his reputation as a result.

I can't even listen to his old shows anymore it really is sad how it ended. George Noory may suck but at least he shows up for his job unless he burns his mouth on a pizza roll, and for that he has my respect.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on June 30, 2016, 07:25:34 PM
It's weird because as he was building up to the re-launch alot of us were telling him we'd be happy with whatever schedule he wanted to do, even just one nite a week or even a podcast.  But he seemed determined to spin up a whole infrastructure and do five nites and create all these stressful dependencies, etc.  Didn't have to be that way imho.

I think you're right. Why does it have to be "all in"?  I think it was hard to say no all the stations. It's like a beautiful rich woman offers you Central Park when all you really want is just one scrubby acorn tree to be happy.  And ego.  Nevertheless whatever the reason it would be nice to hear him occasionally

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on June 30, 2016, 07:35:27 PM
I think you're right. Why does it have to be "all in"?  I think it was hard to say no all the stations. It's like a beautiful rich woman offers you Central Park when all you really want is just one scrubby acorn tree to be happy.  And ego.  Nevertheless whatever the reason it would be nice to hear him occasionally
Art's one of the best radio show hosts ever but when you get right down to it, he does some pretty odd, frustrating stuff.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2016, 07:48:52 PM
Art's one of the best radio show hosts ever but when you get right down to it, he does some pretty odd, frustrating stuff.

Yeah. He was great in his prime, now he's just a confused old man. At least that's how I've interpreted his behavior over the past 8 months.

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

Yes. Very true. But that odd side of him I think added to greatness.  Like a mad scientist. Brilliant and ... eccentric

Quote from: TigerLily on June 30, 2016, 08:03:08 PM
Yes. Very true. But that odd side of him I think added to greatness.  Like a mad scientist. Brilliant and ... eccentric

Making up a drive-by? Eccentric maybe, but that sounds too generous to me..

TigerLily

Quote from: rekcuf on June 30, 2016, 07:52:58 PM
Yeah. He was great in his prime, now he's just a confused old man. At least that's how I've interpreted his behavior over the past 8 months.

He is around the age of the top 3 presidential candidates. Seems not to have missed a step mentally from what I've heard. His health is not good.  Doing activity you love keeps young.  I think he is more conflicted than confused. His family's needs are not in line with his wants.

73s

The whole fiasco with Art's leaving has sort of burned me out on the genre I think. I gave Heather a shot but really can't stand her. Art had a certain way of approaching the subject, a kind of skepticism and distance and also curiosity, that drew me in. I just don't see that anywhere else. And he was of course very talented. I know there are a few shows I haven't tried yet but I'm kind of moving into "don't care" mode now. I check in at BellGab once in awhile to see if he's doing any interviews or filling in on MITD but that's it. I have given up trying to understand his odd departure and all the circumstances of his replacement. Would just like to hear a few new shows of his now and then.

TheSheriff

I think when Art left, MITD should have had multiple different hosts in the same way the Gabcast is done but obviously with a bit more structure.

That could have made the program more diverse and kept people tuning in, instead it's just another stale paranormal show with a very bland, uninspiring host.

As with many people on here however, I feel so deflated by the last few years of following Art Bell, I'm really struggling to care about the whole debacle.

73s

Quote from: TheSheriff on July 04, 2016, 04:23:21 PM
I think when Art left, MITD should have had multiple different hosts in the same way the Gabcast is done but obviously with a bit more structure.

That could have made the program more diverse and kept people tuning in, instead it's just another stale paranormal show with a very bland, uninspiring host.

I suggested this as did many others. But the sense I get is the network/Keith is too difficult or poorly conducted for most to work with. There's also a sense of "it's staying afloat as-is so why bother?". There seems to be little incentive to improve.

QuoteAs with many people on here however, I feel so deflated by the last few years of following Art Bell, I'm really struggling

Yep. Cheers.

ItsOver

...As with many people on here however, I feel so deflated by the last few years of following Art Bell, I'm really struggling to care about the whole debacle.
The thrill is gone.  Long gone.

zeebo

The whole "Let's carry on with the Art Bell tradition" idea, e.g. the same bumpers, guests, topics, and keeping the original name of the show and even the theme music was a bad idea from the start, and totally unnecessary. 

They should have killed MITD outright, and started something new without all the baggage.  I think Heather would have had a better reception and outcome that way, and, like you said, maybe some other hosts could have been tried out alongside.  Art was the show - there was no practical way it would ever just carry on like nothing had happened.

Although of course I wish the best for Art and his family, I lost interest in the whole drama quite awhile ago.  Though I'll say this, through the rise and fall of DM and MITD, it was indeed a wild ride.