• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

The General

Quote from: brig on April 24, 2016, 06:30:35 AM
If you can't recognize a bad product, how can you create a good one?

I recognize bad product.
A shining example can be heard at http://www.ufoship.com/?p=2681

GravitySucks

Quote from: ( Amy ) on April 24, 2016, 01:14:56 PM

Let it never be said I don't engage actively with listeners. You're the reason I do this.

Be careful, or I'll have her showing up to my door with cookies. She's like that. You've been warned.

The point was to get her to show up at MY door. Not yours.

Will Amy sign the 'Falkenberg Pledge of Allegiance'?

We wait...

littlechris

Quote from: rekcuf on April 24, 2016, 02:24:52 PM

We wait...

Will she be having George "Falkie" Senda on as a guest?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: littlechris on April 24, 2016, 02:31:51 PM
Will she be having George "Falkie" Senda on as a guest?

Only if there is a god. Maybe they could compare qualifications and worldly knowledge. Yes?

WOTR

Quote from: ( Amy ) on April 24, 2016, 11:25:35 AM
I will say this. My views and opinions starkly contrast. I don't personally believe in miracles, angels, or what is largely regarded to be supernatural...

I do however find the nature of belief to be fascinating, and will make every effort in an attempt to understand nodes and origins of belief/reason in all areas of society.
What about aliens?  I have to admit those are the Knapp shows (and were the Art Bell shows) most likely to be turned off.  I just don't believe.  The other topics I can at least make an attempt to consider and find entertaining.  Zach Sitchen completely ruined the entire area for me with his declarations of fact (known only to him.)

As for the nature of belief, we all have / need something to believe in.  We all hold irrational views (some people understand that some of their views are not based on reason, others are completely oblivious.)  I have two rather long stories, but will leave them for another day.  One was a UFO (I don't believe in them, but spent 15 minutes "following one" on a deserted country road late one night.)  In the end, I got a good look and it was not a UFO.  The other actually relates to the time my father spent in a coma after a crash (yes, died of it.)  The last one is what made me realize that most of us are willing to believe what reason dictates is a lie...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 24, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
You're sure making up for it on here.. :)
I'm impressed that somebody can function in both forms.  I know I type far more than necessary to get a point across.  That is the reason that I have never even attempted a tweet.  That said, I was going to make the same observation...  ;)

littlechris

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 24, 2016, 02:34:35 PM
Only if there is a god. Maybe they could compare qualifications and worldly knowledge. Yes?

Her ratings surely will go through the roof if she has him on.

WOTR

Quote from: ( Amy ) on April 24, 2016, 11:57:12 AM
Fun fact: My MOM of all people reads Bellgab! And Twitter.... And Facebook groups. No joke.
Hello, Amy's mom!  If you don't have an account yet, you need to sign up and jump in! 8)

Quote from: littlechris on April 24, 2016, 02:38:10 PM
Her ratings surely will go through the roof if she has him on.

Yes Falkie fever!! We don't need more cowbell, we need more Falkie!!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 24, 2016, 02:43:08 PM
Yes Falkie fever!! We don't need more cowbell, we need more Falkie!!!!

Play his youtubes on a loop. You will be fine. Really.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2016, 02:44:15 PM
That's not enough! We need to hear another Falkie interview. Go Falkie!

littlechris

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 24, 2016, 02:46:31 PM
That's not enough! We need to hear another Falkie interview. Go Falkie!

Maybe George Senda can be a regular on Amy's show?

What do you guys think?

WOTR

Quote from: littlechris on April 24, 2016, 04:27:12 PM

What do you guys think?
I think that there is enough Falkie if confined to one corner of one thread... Not only should this thread not be YAFF, but the show cannot be another bellgab.

However, maybe Nancy would fill in host when Amy needed a break?

( Amy )

Quote from: The General on April 24, 2016, 01:31:27 PM
I recognize bad product.
A shining example can be heard at http://www.ufoship.com/?p=2681

I'm listening. Jesus Christ. 3 mins in. Red Bull just shot out of my nose.

Quote from: rekcuf on April 24, 2016, 02:24:52 PM

We wait...

What is this pledge you speak of?

Quote from: WOTR on April 24, 2016, 02:38:02 PM
What about aliens?  I have to admit those are the Knapp shows (and were the Art Bell shows) most likely to be turned off.  I just don't believe.  The other topics I can at least make an attempt to consider and find entertaining.  Zach Sitchen completely ruined the entire area for me with his declarations of fact (known only to him.)

As for the nature of belief, we all have / need something to believe in.  We all hold irrational views (some people understand that some of their views are not based on reason, others are completely oblivious.)  I have two rather long stories, but will leave them for another day.  One was a UFO (I don't believe in them, but spent 15 minutes "following one" on a deserted country road late one night.)  In the end, I got a good look and it was not a UFO.  The other actually relates to the time my father spent in a coma after a crash (yes, died of it.)  The last one is what made me realize that most of us are willing to believe what reason dictates is a lie...
I'm impressed that somebody can function in both forms.  I know I type far more than necessary to get a point across.  That is the reason that I have never even attempted a tweet.  That said, I was going to make the same observation...  ;)

I see at least one strange light in the sky on road trips, usually follow it for ages, and it turns out to be a plane.

No alien "experts." Unless they want to discuss Alien. I hope Blomkamp doesn't screw the next one up.
Also just finished Alien: Isolation last week. It wasn't bad.

Quote from: littlechris on April 24, 2016, 04:27:12 PM

What do you guys think?

After ten minutes of the Gabcast I just listened to, I don't foresee it.
(He can still call in.)

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2016, 02:44:15 PM

Ten minutes just did my head in.  :o

Quote from: WOTR on April 24, 2016, 05:32:35 PM
I think that there is enough Falkie if confined to one corner of one thread... Not only should this thread not be YAFF, but the show cannot be another bellgab.

However, maybe Nancy would fill in host when Amy needed a break?

I wouldn't have a prob w/ Nancy ever filling in, but it is "Amy" on the radio...
Nancy On The Radio?  ??? Could work.

SciFiAuthor

Well this certainly looks promising. I'll be tuning in. Best of luck Amy.

( Amy )

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 24, 2016, 10:36:32 PM
Well this certainly looks promising. I'll be tuning in. Best of luck Amy.

Thanks!

WOTR

Quote from: ( Amy ) on April 24, 2016, 10:23:21 PM
I'm listening. Jesus Christ. 3 mins in. Red Bull just shot out of my nose.

What is this pledge you speak of?

I see at least one strange light in the sky on road trips, usually follow it for ages, and it turns out to be a plane.

It was very overcast, and the light was far too white and large for an aircraft.  It would appear and disappear.  When it appeared, it looked like it was close and moving.  After 15 minutes, the multiple layers of clouds (one near the ground, one high up) left a clear view of my UFO.  A full, harvest moon.

Only "UFO" I ever did see.  And I realize that if the sky would have just clouded over completely before showing me the UFO, that I would probably still not believe in them, but it would have made me a little less skeptical...

TigerLily

Amy. I fondly remember you on OSOM. I kept visualizing Hoagie chasing you around a desk. And I've really enjoyed your posts here. Smart, well-informed, opinionated and great sense of humor.

Excited to have your show to look forward to.  But, girlfriend. 6 to 9 for the Westies? It will be nearly impossible for me to listen live  :( . I know you can't make everyone happy. But to paraphrase bobo," I am a very important person"  >:(  ;)

Very best to you on your new venture. I will be listening to the archives  :'(

Listening to Vara butcher the English language over on LNM.   Just a couple of more days..............

Amy, deliver us Eastern Time Zoners from Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ::)

JesusJuice

theONE has already turned on Amy and her show hasn't even started yet.

Amy, don't accept any phone calls from Malaysia.

Quote from: JesusJuice on April 27, 2016, 03:28:28 AM
theONE has already turned on Amy and her show hasn't even started yet.

Amy, don't accept any phone calls from Malaysia.

or Mongolia - just to be safe

( Amy )

Power out to main studio. Had a decent light show with live wires/debris/several splosions in backyard last night. They're thinking was small EF0/EF1 gustnado/tornado. Had small quake sev mins later. Going back to assess damages this morning. Have most everything needed for broadcast with me. If still no power, testing equipment at another location. For now, still a go for Thursday. Will post updates later this afternoon/evening.

Lilith

Quote from: ( Amy ) on April 27, 2016, 06:32:59 AM
Power out to main studio. Had a decent light show with live wires/debris/several splosions in backyard last night. They're thinking was small EF0/EF1 gustnado/tornado. Had small quake sev mins later. Going back to assess damages this morning. Have most everything needed for broadcast with me. If still no power, testing equipment at another location. For now, still a go for Thursday. Will post updates later this afternoon/evening.

I'm lost for words.  Glad you're OK.  Hope the damage is not extensive.

73s

Wow. Best of luck with that situation and glad you're ok.

TigerLily

Amy. Have you checked for Dave Rats? It would be just like them to play the Weather card.You might need a fumigation.

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on April 27, 2016, 12:44:42 PM
Amy. Have you checked for Dave Rats? It would be just like them to play the Weather card.You might need a fumigation.

lol cmon...really..Dave Rats?

( Amy )

UPDATE:

After assessing the situation, I've decided to start the show Thursday next week, May 5th. Still going to be on with Jack Brewer, same time (8PM-11PM Central).
Not going to put out a sub-par product, out of respect for both technical and personal considerations.

Details here
http://amyontheradio.com/2016/04/28/tornado-on-the-radio/
and here
http://amyontheradio.com/2016/04/20/thursday-may-5th-jack-brewer/

Once I have a few months of shows accumulated, I may attempt a mobile broadcast setup. At this time, I don't have a reliable network connection to interview and take calls outside of my studio back home. If it were just me talking about randomness for three hours, you'd get bored pretty fast, and that's not what this show is about.

Amy

( Amy )

Quote from: TigerLily on April 27, 2016, 12:44:42 PM

That would be some weather mage.

For a second, it DID look somewhat like this.

( Amy )

Quote from: 73s on April 27, 2016, 08:09:03 AM
Wow. Best of luck with that situation and glad you're ok.
Quote from: brig on April 27, 2016, 06:49:24 AM
I'm lost for words.  Glad you're OK.  Hope the damage is not extensive.

Thanks a bunch. Backyard looks unimpressive after the power company did some clean up. Some limbs scattered about, but did find a wheelbarrow and part of the neighbor's tree fort tossed against the kitchen wall. Still waiting on internet to be restored. We're expecting more of this in the region on Friday.

Hopefully for my neighborhood though, this was a ten year one-off.