• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chefist's BlogGab: A Gossip Thread About BellGab!

Started by chefist, April 10, 2016, 04:10:11 PM

Would you go to Vegas if Falkie was attending?

Yes
No

chefist

Quote from: brig on April 11, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
;D

I don't think he meant any harm, I just feel like if people don't like my post, too bad, it's bellgab.  lol's

Great post, Brig! We are finally free of the constants of the previous regime! Post as you will! I for one am delighted you are exercising your freedom without worrying about what the "in crowd or clique" thinks!

#FREEBELLGAB
#FREEBRIG

I'm neutral on Falkie. I like some of the shit he says and don't like some of the shit he says. But watching the beginning of the Falkenburg Fortress is like watching the inception of why he has the reputation he does. I still can't tell if he's trying to be funny or not.

I don't like his ego trips and him ordering brig around. But again, I can't tell if that's an attempt to be amusing or if he's serious.

Ok  got the green light from Chefist so here it goes.

So the young fellah that sits in the cube next to me at work is coming unglued.  He's been a real piece of work from day one and he is headed for one helluva crash landing.

I work at a large firm that in recent years has had trouble attracting young talent.   The lad, let us  call him Thomas - graduated from one of the top engineering schools in the country last May.   Somehow he sweet talked the company into delaying his start date until January 2 of this year.   The official story was he wanted to relax and travel a bit before entering the corporate arena.   From what he has said and from some of the pictures he has shown me, he spent the time whoring around Thailand and Brazil.  Fair enough - if someone is willing to cut you that kind of deal, grab all the gusto you can.

So young Thomas started his gig this January and it has been quite an adventure.  We are located in Raleigh, NC so Myrtle Beach is not that far away.   Dude leaves work every Friday at 11:00AM to cruise down to Myrtle to party with the strippers or whatever else he can scarf up down there.   Thomas is pretty committed - spent a week  there "working from home" when  the colleges had spring break.   

There have been other incidents as well.   Back when the PowerBall was way up there in value he bought 200 tickets.  He just *knew* he was gonna win.   It was like dude - you can't win if you don't buy a ticket but there is no appreciable difference in the odds between holding 1 ticket and 200 with that volume of sales.   "nah man - that bitch is mine!".   Of course pffftt.   Nothing.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada.    $400 right in the shitter.

Then one day he walked in and said "Aren't you gonna congratulate me?".  I'm like "Why?".   "Got a new ride".   So went down to the lot and he had just bought a brand new Audi S5.   He already had a really nice Mustang so now a single dude in his early 20's has two cars.   Great.

He missed one Friday totally.   He came in the following Monday and told us he met a girl at the bar on Thursday night, they hit it off so they drove down to South of the Border off  of I-95 and partied up a storm.   If you live on the East Coast and deal with I-95 you have seen the South of the Border signs in all likelihood. If you don't it is hard to describe - it is pretty damn greasy -> http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

Recently there are a times when Thomas' eyes are as big as saucers and he has been snuffling like crazy.   Could be just spring allergies or could be blow.  I really don't know.   I do know he start tripping balls one day - they asked him to look at some shit that our Asian brothers put together.  As usual it was a damn mess - there was an option for "Old" or "Not Old" in the software.   One of the statements was something like 'if not notOld' and he just started freaking............

Our manager at work is in Europe so he doesn't see any of this shit firsthand.  He really has just started so they have not given him much yet that he is solely responsible for.  So as an "older and wiser" guy do I take the lad aside and try tell him he needs to slow down? Or do I just grab a bag of popcorn and wait for the inevitable  implosion?    Mrs. Walks_At_Night says I should just mind my own beeswax - what say you?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 11, 2016, 07:29:02 PM

So the young fellah that sits in the cube next to me at work is coming unglued.  He's been a real piece of work from day one and he is headed for one helluva crash landing.

I work at a large firm that in recent years has had trouble attracting young talent.   The lad, let us  call him Thomas - graduated from one of the top engineering schools in the country last May.   Somehow he sweet talked the company into delaying his start date until January 2 of this year.   The official story was he wanted to relax and travel a bit before entering the corporate arena.   From what he has said and from some of the pictures he has shown me, he spent the time whoring around Thailand and Brazil.  Fair enough - if someone is willing to cut you that kind of deal, grab all the gusto you can.

So young Thomas started his gig this January and it has been quite an adventure.  We are located in Raleigh, NC so Myrtle Beach is not that far away.   Dude leaves work every Friday at 11:00AM to cruise down to Myrtle to party with the strippers or whatever else he can scarf up down there.   Thomas is pretty committed - spent a week down there "working from home" when  the colleges had spring break.   

There have been other incidents as well.   Back when the PowerBall was way up there in value he bought 200 tickets.  He just *knew* he was gonna win.   It was like dude - you can't win if you don't buy a ticket but there is no appreciable difference in the odds between holding 1 ticket and 200 with that volume of sales.   "nah man - that bitch is mine!".   Of course pffftt.   Nothing.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada.    $400 right in the shitter.

Then one day he walked in and said "Aren't you gonna congratulate me?".  I'm like "Why?".   "Got a new ride".   So went down to the lot and he had just bought a brand new Audi S5.   He already had a really nice Mustang so now a single dude in his early 20's has two cars.   Great.

He missed one Friday totally.   He came in the following Monday and told us he met a girl at the bar on Thursday night, they hit it off so they drove down to South of the Border off  of I-95 and partied up a storm.   If you live on the East Coast and deal with I-95 you have seen the South of the Border signs in all likelihood. If you don't it is hard to describe - it is pretty damn greasy -> http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

Recently there are a times when Thomas' eyes are as big as saucers and he has been snuffling like crazy.   Could be just spring allergies or could be blow.  I really don't know.   I do know he start tripping balls one day - they asked him to look at some shit that our Asian brothers put together.  As usual it was a damn mess - there was an option for "Old" or "Not Old" in the software.   One of the statements was something like 'if not notOld' and he just started tripping balls over that............

Our manager at work is in Europe so he doesn't see any of this shit firsthand.  He really has just started so they have not given him much yet that he is solely responsible for.  So as an "older and wiser" guy do I take the lad aside and try tell him he needs to slow down? Or do I just grab a bag of popcorn and wait for the inevitable  implosion?    Mrs. Walks_At_Night says I should just mind my own beeswax - what say you?
Ha. "South of the Border" used to go there as a kid for fireworks (that they made illegal in my state.) I say, unless he is impacting you directly (by hurting the firm, making you work harder, screwing up projects, hurting stockholders/shareholders, pissing off customers, etc) you let him learn his lessons in life. On the good side I think SC is pretty employer-friendly so if he is a f*ck-up or using he should be pretty easy to fire (although you mentioned boss in Europe, in which case the company might based their HR standards on a European, or Californian, model in which case it can be more costly- if the dude is smart enough not to do drugs on site and cover his tracks a bit.)

Let it blow up. You get nothing but resentment for getting involved. And what do you get out of it if you do?

GravitySucks

That fucker wouldn't have a userid on any system I administered.

chefist

Unless you are invested in the company and the guy could to serious damage, pull up a chair and watch the shit show! Also, if he is somehow causing you to pick up the slack, that would be an immediate call to blow the whistle.

My concern is, as I have my own company, is where is management? If they let this type of thing happen, what else is being overlooked in the company? Does this guy have some dirt on the management? Or is he just being overlooked?

If he is harmless, enjoy...if not, pull the trigger, brother!

oh, he's an engineer and didn't know the odds of the lottery? Did he get his degree at:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/winston-university/n9203

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2016, 07:34:06 PM
Ha. "South of the Border" used to go there as a kid for fireworks (that they made illegal in my state.) I say, unless he is impacting you directly (by hurting the firm, making you work harder, screwing up projects, hurting stockholders/shareholders, pissing off customers, etc) you let him learn his lessons in life. On the good side I think SC is pretty employer-friendly so if he is a f*ck-up or using he should be pretty easy to fire (although you mentioned boss in Europe, in which case the company might based their HR standards on a European, or Californian, model in which case it can be more costly- if the dude is smart enough not to do drugs on site and cover his tracks a bit.)

After graduating Culinary School, I remember my parents took me on an East Coast trip...we stayed at a Knight's Inn at "South of the Border"!

Lilith

So young Thomas started his gig this January and it has been quite an adventure.  We are located in Raleigh, NC so Myrtle Beach is not that far away.   Dude leaves work every Friday at 11:00AM to cruise down to Myrtle to party with the strippers or whatever else he can scarf up down there.   Thomas is pretty committed - spent a week  there "working from home" when  the colleges had spring break.   

Recently there are a times when Thomas' eyes are as big as saucers and he has been snuffling like crazy.   Could be just spring allergies or could be blow.  I really don't know.   I do know he start tripping balls one day - they asked him to look at some shit that our Asian brothers put together.  As usual it was a damn mess - there was an option for "Old" or "Not Old" in the software.   One of the statements was something like 'if not notOld' and he just started freaking............

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth or not.  Find out if he's related to anybody important before you make any decisions.

venix

It seems that Chefist has become bell gabs biggest troll. Kudos sir. Not getting credit for funding Art's promotion and laying off all those poor workers hardened you the fuck up.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on April 11, 2016, 07:38:47 PM
After graduating Culinary School, I remember my parents took me on an East Coast trip...we stayed at a Knight's Inn at "South of the Border"!
Nice. I hope you bought illegal fireworks. Haha. Btw, I recall hearing a while back something about missing girls and a possible serial killer "working" the Myrtle Beach area. Wonder when this unstable "kid" moved there?

He sounds like he's dealing some yayo on the side too. Definitely wouldn't get involved. You got a .000001 chance you're getting involved straightens him out or management somehow gets their shit together and about a 99.99999 chance you get a bullseye on your back.

littlechris

Quote from: chefist on April 10, 2016, 04:28:36 PM

3. Not being exclusive hosts of the GabCast: this also is another biggie...many of the castaways just didn't like sharing the GabCast...plain and simple! Why? Well one can only imagine it is ego...but perhaps there were other grumblings as well that we do not know about...

This one is a big topic...so many have come and gone on BG...we can feel free to discuss here!

Lolz. So Jazzmunda, Eddie Dean and B-Dubb got butt hurt for not being made permanent regulars on the Gabcast?

Jazzmunda never even talked on the GabCast so what is he so mad about?

I actually prefer that there be different guest hosts on the Gabcast myself.

Mixing things up is always good and each show is fresh with a completely different direction and point of view.

-

chefist

Quote from: venix on April 11, 2016, 07:42:45 PM
It seems that Chefist has become bell gabs biggest troll. Kudos sir. Not getting credit for funding Art's promotion and laying off all those poor workers hardened you the fuck up.

Sir, you are welcome to post here as often as you like! I would recommend you get your head out of the OG's asses first! Oh, feel free to share that with your buddy Twink too!

Have a goodnight! Post often!

Oh, and one more thing...YOU ARE BORING!

#FREEBELLGAB

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 11, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
He sounds like he's dealing some yayo on the side too. Definitely wouldn't get involved. You got a .000001 chance you're getting involved straightens him out or management somehow gets their shit together and about a 99.99999 chance you get a bullseye on your back.

With corporations today...I think this is sound advice...

I'm with Mrs WAK. If you take him aside, he will not listen to you and then you will become the enemy. He will also blame you if someone in upper management calls his attention to his behavior. He will assume that you were the one who dropped the dime. He sounds like an arrogant SOB. He may not only be using drugs, he may be dealing by the way he seems to come by easy money. Who is his direct supervisor? If it's the guy in Europe, then maybe he needs to be informed of what is going on that could potentially harm his business and you and your other co-workers' livelihoods, to say nothing of the company reputation. What do your co-workers say? Surely they can't be pleased.

Quote from: chefist on April 11, 2016, 07:47:18 PM
With corporations today...I think this is sound advice...

I've seen family and friends experience so much crazy shit with corporations. I have no idea how the economy is still functioning as corporations seem like they do anything to counter productivity.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2016, 07:43:03 PM
Nice. I hope you bought illegal fireworks. Haha. Btw, I recall hearing a while back something about missing girls and a possible serial killer "working" the Myrtle Beach area. Wonder when this unstable "kid" moved there?

I grew up in So. Illinois...we had to cross the Mississippi to get fireworks in Missouri! It was just the most amazing feeling doing something naughty!

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 11, 2016, 07:50:23 PM
I'm with Mrs WAK. If you take him aside, he will not listen to you and then you will become the enemy. He will also blame you if someone in upper management calls his attention to his behavior. He will assume that you were the one who dropped the dime. He sounds like an arrogant SOB. He may not only be using drugs, he may be dealing by the way he seems to come by easy money. Who is his direct supervisor? If it's the guy in Europe, then maybe he needs to be informed of what is going on that could potentially harm his business and you and your other co-workers' livelihoods, to say nothing of the company reputation. What do your co-workers say? Surely they can't be pleased.

Yeah, he sounds like a stereotypical ya dealer. New cars and strippers don't just magically materialize.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 11, 2016, 07:51:41 PM
I've seen family and friends experience so much crazy shit with corporations. I have no idea how the economy is still functioning as corporations seem like they do anything to counter productivity.

The bureaucrats that run them have no idea what it is like to start from scratch with their own money at risk...that is the problem...

All and all sound advice from the thread,  which sync's up with Mrs. Walks who is an eminently sensible lady.   
I've got the popcorn all set to go so I'll stand aside and watch the impending train wreck.   

I'm not sure that the lad can top the weekend blower at  South of the Border but I'll keep the thread abreast
of any juicy developments.    ::)

Quote from: chefist on April 11, 2016, 07:53:42 PM
The bureaucrats that run them have no idea what it is like to start from scratch with their own money at risk...that is the problem...

It's fucking disgusting man. Especially growing up in a mom and pops business where you actually had to work and not be a candy ass. All this snowflake bullshit is maddening. Thank Christ I'm my own boss because I don't think I could handle being in the corporate world.