• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ted Cruz

Started by Auslandia, February 09, 2016, 01:59:47 PM

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 10:58:27 AM
What a let down.  If you were as clever as I thought you were, you would had taken that comment as a compliment. ::). Sad!

I find myself asking the same question every time you get involved in my conversations:  What the Hell are you talking about?

I took FTF's greeting exactly as a compliment. I'm sorry if you missed my (admittedly weak) attempt at self deprecation in my reply.

I get you don't like me. I've clearly made it obvious I don't care. Be as snarky as you like but for Heaven's sake try to be coherent.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2016, 08:28:29 AM
Exactly why we need a balanced budget amendment. Thanks for making my point.

p.s. How do you feel about Trudeau doubling the budget deficit up there a few short months since he took over after campaigning on fiscal responsibility?

He campaigned on bringing in budget deficits.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 08, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
He campaigned on bringing in budget deficits.

And two weeks ago he announced he was doubling the deficit, I guess you could call that "bringing in".

136 or 142

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 08:57:34 AM
Most Canadians are urban / suburban softies that wouldn't know a maple tree if they walked into one.

The touque and flannel wearing lumberjack image represents a rapidly shrinking monitory.

Canada is considered to be the most urban country in the world.  That may be true but the percentage said to live in urban/suburban areas (around 80%) is overstated because this count considers anybody who lives in an area with a population of over 1,000 as living in a city.

Also, while the people who live in the big cities of Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal may be softies many of the suburbs of Vancouver contain large rural areas (Cloverdale, Delta, the eastern part of Richmond) and there are still fishing communities in the Steveston part of Richmond and in New Westminster.  In Alberta, Fort McMurray was a fairly large city with a population of 100,000 until a few days ago, but most of its residents worked in the oil patch.  Edmonton has some numbers of oil workers as well.  In Saskatchewan, a fair number of people who live in Regina and Saskatoon either work on or own farms.

I'm less aware of Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec but many people who live in the cities in the Atlantic provinces still have ties to the rural areas.  So, for quite a lot of Canadians who live in cities/suburbs there are still urban/rural connections.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2016, 02:57:48 PM
And two weeks ago he announced he was doubling the deficit, I guess you could call that "bringing in".

Tripling it, actually. But most budget experts believe they're deliberately inflating the numbers and the final deficit will be double of what they originally promised.

Canada's federal debt/GDP ratio is much lower than in the United States, so if the deficits go to spending on things that the cities (the ones who are getting much of the money) say they'll be spent on, I don't have a problem with it as long as they have a plan to get us back to a balanced budget.

Ontario has a genuine fiscal nightmare of high deficits and a high debt/GDP ratio but other than tiny Newfoundland and Labrador, no other province has these combined problems

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 08, 2016, 12:30:38 PM

I took FTF's greeting exactly as a compliment. I'm sorry if you missed my (admittedly weak) attempt at self deprecation in my reply.

You bet it was a compliment. You're alright in my book, my friend.

VtaGeezer

WASHINGTON (AP) - A top adviser from Sen. Ted Cruz's defunct presidential campaign wants supporters to push a conservative agenda, including limits on the bathrooms transgender people can use.

Say what you will; those Cruz folks certainly have the priorities of the nation in order. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mv on February 10, 2016, 01:32:35 PM
I already know Trump's answer to the question, as well as that of Cruz, which is yet another reason Reverend Cruz won't get my support. Trump wants to make Russia an ally against ISIS, while Cruz wants to set up a no fly zone in Syria and shoot down Russian jets who enter it. Insanity. Probably something in the bible tells him this is the way forward, but I'd like my kids to grow up eating fruits and vegetables free of radioactive fallout, if that's OK with Cruz's big money backers.

And it's all for what, by the way? American "control" over the cesspool that is Syria is worthy of risking a major military confrontation with Russia, a nuclear power? Christie, Fiorina, and Bush all want to do the same thing. Cruz is in great company. Such a"conserrrrrrrvative."

I can't wait to see the Cruz campaign fizzle. And it will.

"Carpet bomb."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmE9Jj-rEVs

Quote from: mv on September 26, 2016, 02:21:11 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmE9Jj-rEVs

Yeah, I saw that video too, troubling stuff.  It wouldn't surprise me if there are people in high places actually pushing for war with them, given what some diplomats have already been caught doing in Ukraine.  The thing I don't understand is, why?  I'm sure there are continuity of goverment plans in place, and heavily fortified underground installations where government officials could survive such a war, but I still can't understand it.  Even the most plush underground bunker with all the luxuries and amenities of a high-end hotel wouldn't be worth it if you can never breathe fresh air or be out in nature again.

Zetaspeak

You beat me by a minute