• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Chine

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2018, 08:10:04 PM
Listening to a recording, in the final half hour of the c2cam AB tribute show last night, in the intro for the final AB clip, Noory said referring to Art Bell about his health issues:
"That ultimately led to him retiring, coming back, retiring again, and then finally retiring for good. Then he came back with some of his internet based programs too."

So nobody last night on c2cam ever mentioned MITD show by name, only referred to a "little internet show or internet based program"

The link to 2 Coast Tribute articles are posted on MITD website.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 20, 2018, 08:15:29 PM
Ye were warned! Ye were all warned!! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ;D
Visions of the Salem Witch Trial are flashing in my head.  ;D

Sean92008

Quote from: infinitesadness on April 20, 2018, 08:04:36 PM
LOL Just googled "Heather Leonia Wade", and aside from finding her previous addresses & phone numbers in California (which I kind of feel sorry for her that that stuff comes up in google),  I found this amazing guest book post from 1999 (Heather would have been about 23):

"Posted by: Heather Leona Wade & Darren Lee Kafer at 10:55:52 A.M. on 11/26/99

Merry Morning to ye, We are a small coven without a name in central California. We are searching for information on a genuine Druid Grove in which we may enter our High Priest for apprenticeship. If you can send us information on how to accomplish this, would ye please be sending it to us: Unknown Coven (coven without a name) 1125 Loughborough Drive, Suite Five Merced, CA 95348 Attention: Darren Kafer Blessed be, Heather & Darren"
from: http://www.summerlands.com/crossroads/remembrance/guestbook/guestlog.html

Even more to dispel the "Heather Wade" stage name speculation.

Her birth mother's last name may not, is likely not, "Wade"

Her birth mother...  Uh, where are you yoursongs???

OH SHIT:  Darren Kafer...  MARTINEZ, CALIFORNIA???

FALKIE connection??!!!!??   NO COINCIDENCES!!!

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=QqDaWuTUFcuS0gLSnrCYBA&q=darren+kafer&oq=darren+kafer&gs_l=psy-ab.3...453.3150.0.3565.12.10.0.2.2.0.109.793.9j1.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.10.681...0j46j0i46k1j0i131k1j0i3k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.0.vgjVJFq0vwQ

Catsmile

LOL Just googled "Heather Leonia Wade", and aside from finding her previous addresses & phone numbers in California (which I kind of feel sorry for her that that stuff comes up in google),  I found this amazing guest book post from 1999 (Heather would have been about 23):

Merry Morning to ye, We are a small coven without a name in central California. We are searching for information on a genuine Druid Grove in which we may enter our High Priest for apprenticeship. If you can send us information on how to accomplish this, would ye please be sending it to us: Unknown Coven (coven without a name) 1125 Loughborough Drive, Suite Five Merced, CA 95348 Attention: Darren Kafer Blessed be, Heather & Darren"

# Hash-tag-less <douche chills>
# Oh, Wait
# Ye?
# Moar like Yeash
# FortRock Has a Sister?
# OooF

weeberwubber

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 06:05:58 PM
Ramona is buried in a cemetery in Pahrump. I sure hope Airyn buried Art next to Ramona.

Whitley said no one invloved with Coast to Coast was there except himself, Danion and Bob Crane because it was a very small very private service. What are the odds HW was excluded?

*Whose

Chine

Quote from: Catsmile on April 20, 2018, 08:22:36 PM
# Hash-tag-less <douche chills>
# Oh, Wait
# FortRocks Sister?
# OooF

Hey. Catsmile. Check your PMs.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 08:19:21 PM

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=QqDaWuTUFcuS0gLSnrCYBA&q=darren+kafer&oq=darren+kafer&gs_l=psy-ab.3...453.3150.0.3565.12.10.0.2.2.0.109.793.9j1.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.10.681...0j46j0i46k1j0i131k1j0i3k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.0.vgjVJFq0vwQ

Oy Vey!

https://www.hebrewsurnames.com/KAFER

Sean92008

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 20, 2018, 08:23:15 PM
*Whose

While a master of the spoken word, Art Bell was a total pahrump of a speller.  That bothered me to no ends...

found a photo of heather by searching one of her emails   

chefist

Bwahahaha...we have something like that in the Tucson area...Vampire LARP... ;D

http://burningnights.tripod.com/

Duke Kenyon

Sheriff Constantine

Catsmile

Quote from: Chine on April 20, 2018, 08:25:11 PM
Hey. Catsmile. Check your PMs.

# The Google Machineâ,,¢ cogitated the avatar image
# I Have No Idea Where It Comes From
# Thanks4AllTheFish 

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 20, 2018, 08:19:21 PM

Her coven-mate is terrifying looking .  He also appears to be into LARP'ING and heavy artillery fire arms.
https://myspace.com/darrenkafer/photos

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Bwahahaha...we have something like that in the Tucson area...Vampire LARP... ;D

http://burningnights.tripod.com/

Duke Kenyon

Sheriff Constantine

This stuff is too weird for me.

Bohemian Grove is in California, maybe they used that. (shudder)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: infinitesadness on April 20, 2018, 08:32:13 PM
This stuff is too weird for me.

I think the problem may be that you're not weird enough for it. ;)

Quote from: anon on April 20, 2018, 08:26:45 PM
doxxed LMAO!

Google searching her email address. Not literally searching her emails.

Chine

Quote from: Catsmile on April 20, 2018, 08:29:28 PM
# The Google Machineâ,,¢ cogitated the avatar image
# I Have No Idea Where It Comes From
# Thanks4AllTheFish

Thank you. I think it’s a lovely and sweet image.

ItsTelly

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2018, 08:10:04 PM
Listening to a recording, in the final half hour of the c2cam AB tribute show last night, in the intro for the final AB clip, Noory said referring to Art Bell about his health issues:
"That ultimately led to him retiring, coming back, retiring again, and then finally retiring for good. Then he came back with some of his internet based programs too."

So nobody last night on c2cam ever mentioned MITD show by name, only referred to a "little internet show or internet based program"

Also, George also announced that Airyn had personally requested a copy of C2C's tribute show to her late husband. George, of course, was happy to oblige.

Don't you think this is Airyn's subtly way of taking a shot at HW?  That she really thinks Mitd is a POS compared to C2C?

Telly

#TakeTheHint

ItsOver

Quote from: username on April 20, 2018, 08:32:28 PM
These last few pages.............

I need to start hanging at the Falkie thread to regain a sense of normalcy.

Quote from: infinitesadness on April 20, 2018, 08:33:28 PM
Google searching her email address. Not literally searching her emails.

nuts. imagine the comedy gold within those emails?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: infinitesadness on April 20, 2018, 08:30:47 PM
Her coven-mate is terrifying looking .  He also appears to be into LARP'ING and heavy artillery fire arms.
https://myspace.com/darrenkafer/photos

>Heavy artillery

literally just a shitty neutered California AR15 and a pistol

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 20, 2018, 08:34:50 PM
I need to start hanging at the Falkie thread to regain a sense of normalcy.

Beware. He has not changed his shirt since Art Bell died.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 08:34:28 PM
Also, George also announced that Airyn had personally requested a copy of C2C's tribute show to her late husband. George, of course, was happy to oblige.

Don't you think this is Airyn's subtly way of taking a shot at HW?  That she really thinks Mitd is a POS compared to C2C?

Telly

#TakeTheHint

Either that or it's in reference to a lawsuit she's planning. This may actually be the more likely of the two though. ;)

bateman

Quote from: anon on April 20, 2018, 08:35:17 PM
nuts. imagine the comedy gold within those emails?

While I believe everyone’s entitled to privacy, I guarantee you there’s enough in there to warrant a 5150

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 20, 2018, 08:35:42 PM
Beware. He has not changed his shirt since Art Bell died.

Do you think he ever will again? ???

Quote from: bateman on April 20, 2018, 08:36:56 PM
While I believe everyone’s entitled to privacy, I guarantee you there’s enough in there to warrant a 5150

#MAGA #Mentalillness

El Chorro

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 06:05:58 PM
Ramona is buried in a cemetery in Pahrump. I sure hope Airyn buried Art next to Ramona.

There's a typo on Ramona's tombstone? (who's/whose)

Had to "unlurk" just to ask, LOL.

I thought the show last night was terrific, though I fell asleep through parts. I even paid $7 today to download the show as a Coast Insider for the next month. (It's not the same without the bumper music.)

As a casual fan of Art Bell and Coast to Coast for many years, I have to say this intrigue with Heather and her show is such a footnote. I thought of her show as an extension of Art's ham radio hobby. The C2C tribute trolled it expertly, especially the casual bomb-drop of the Area 51 invasion as some random idea of Art's. That really makes her look small.

One of the things that I find amazing as I become more aware of Art's history is that his national profile was so short-lived. I would have thought he was practically doing play-by-play on the Patterson-Gimlin film. To learn he became well-known in the early 90's and that by the early 2000s was already phasing out of radio is amazing to me. Having him die just as I was learning so much about him here was really startling, and having the news break (on Twitter) as Noory was beginning one of his shows was a pretty stunning bit of timing.

I like George Noory but I don't see him as a replacement to Art...I've been listening for less than a year on a most-every-night basis, and only then for the first half hour or so. It's annoying when the pharmacist/veterinarian shows come on, but I don't love a lot of the guests Noory has. I agree with what I've read (soaking up BellGab in large doses these past few months) that paranormal guests aren't what they used to be, and that's one of the reasons I assumed Art had ridden his wave a lot longer, and started a lot sooner. By the 90s it was already on its way out, I think.