• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

weeberwubber

Quote from: LadyFish on April 19, 2018, 03:13:00 PM
I concur with Lasha, that is NUTS.

Didn’t they used to stone witches? Sending painted rocks by mail takes it to a whole new level.

LOL!

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Grifynne on April 19, 2018, 02:27:22 PM
Right, but if she felt that she had the talent to do this, she could have built herself up and created her own legacy rather than riding on the coattails of Art Bell. Or took the existing show in her own direction (as Art stated he told her to do early on, if I recall correctly). Or, if she and Art really were that close, maybe he could have helped her advertise by telling his followers about what she was doing and how he supported it. He could have put links to her show on his Facebook page or wherever his fans would see it. He could have let her interview him to drum up listeners for her project. All of these things would have helped her without corralling her into being Art - assuming she had the talent to succeed. If she did have talent, pretending to be Art seems to have completely squelched it. It seems like the path she and Art chose was the worst path possible, at least where the show is concerned.

Precisely what I was thinking. She was naive to think she (or anyone) would come anywhere close to Art’s millions of listeners in his prime. Besides, Art was on AM radio, accessible to eveyone in the U.S. with a cheap radioâ€"for free, with advertisers providing the steady revenue that comes with a large audience. At podcasting, you have to be really spectacular to stand out from the crowded field, where any yahoo can podcast from mom’s basement. Art brought the majority of his Internet listeners from radio, as that medium moved away from terrestrial.

Art’s quiting episodes may have been driven by personal issues, but I think he lost his passion for broadcasting when he left the (real) airwaves.

I found George and Heather both lacking the passion and originality it takes for anyone to succeed in producing a show and making it captivating. Also, it always bothered me that both of them used Art’s bumper music, thunder, etc. “Coattails” indeed. I could never get used to hearing any voice but Art’s after The Chase, then the “Ride” intros. The lack of quality guests, and the poor interviewing skills of his replacements never pulled me in to listen to an entire show.

Juan

What everyone seemed to forget is that good radio hosts have years of experience on stations almost no one listens to. They don’t start on top.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Juan on April 19, 2018, 03:27:35 PM
What everyone seemed to forget is that good radio hosts have years of experience on stations almost no one listens to. They don’t start on top.

Excellent point. Also, in terrestrial radio, hosts and deejays were reularly axed if they didn’t bring in the listeners. Radio “personalities” experienced one of the highest rates of turnover of any profession. I guess if you took it personally, you’d move on to a career with more stability.

HumanBeing

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 03:05:57 PM
Looney tunes... from her favorite Canadian Septic
Heather.....you wanna know what's nuts? No magic, eh? I just woke up...was making myself a cup of coffee and I kept having this nagging feeling, like really intense, that there was something I had to do. Don't know where it came from.....ha....actually, maybe I do.......k.....suddenly I remembered the dream I had just had. In the dream I saw flashes of these long lines of conveyor belts with boxes on them....just going and going and going. And then, suddenly there would be a rock on the conveyor belt in between two of the boxes. And then more and more. And I heard the opening music from MITD and got a really quick 'flash' of Art's picture...you know...the one in the turtle neck with him smoking.   Now.....hear me out on this....cuz my brother had a friend who once went on a vacation to hawaii and his girlfriend had asked him to send a postcard. Well, he got a liqueured up one day and decided to write his girlfriends address on a coconut, put postage on it and mail it. And the damn thing got there!!!! ....k....I think, and I may be nuts, but I think it would be so kewl if anyone that wanted to send you a painted rock in Art Bell's honour could put your address on the back side of the rock, put  the right amount of postage on it and freakin' mail it to you. Now there would be some magic, eh?

I remember a time when she was reasonably sane. That was about 6 years or so ago though and a different radio show altogether.
She has a knack, even somewhat of a developed skill, of inserting herself into the conversation and weaseling her way into radio shows.
If you let her get her foot into the door though then look out. She craves to be the center of attention. Her focus is laser like. She is like a crack whore with a coloring book.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 19, 2018, 03:32:42 PM
Excellent point. Also, in terrestrial radio, hosts and deejays were reularly axed if they didn’t bring in the listeners. Radio “personalities” experienced one of the highest rates of turnover of any profession. I guess if you took it personally, you’d move on to a career with more stability.

They are notorious, for giving you the axe on holidays & weekends.

ItsTelly

Quote from: albrecht on April 19, 2018, 03:04:09 PM
Does Nevada have the equivalent to California's 5150 or Fla's "Baker Act?" Her posts are getting pretty dark and I don't wish her any real harm or rash decision making. She needs to get off Facebook and internet. Talk to real people, friends, and family or a counselor, pastor, or witchdoctor.

This is very sad.  Apparently, Art was Heather's only real friend.  I do think she should get counseling but I don't think she wants help...

In times of crisis, you do need human to human contact.  The internet and social media are the worst for this kind of thing.

Telly

Lilith

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 19, 2018, 02:22:50 PM
She could always move in with Noory. Keepin' the dream alive

Maybe Noory will let her make some of those cute little YouTubes like he used to let Senda do, except Senda couldn't just quite get right...

Juan

It looks like the GNS thread will be active again soon.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 02:35:10 PM
I know, right? Just log off and talk to someone real. It’s like people have lost reality. It’s so bizarre.

Yeah, I don't understand how she is not able to do a show, but she is able to get online to do FB.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on April 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM
Aldous had some interesting observations on Art, Heather and her reaction on the Gabcast. Never miss a Gabcast.
I like how that dude abides.

yoursongs

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:58:03 PM

I guess Aldous, nor anyone here, never really knew the real Heather. Only Art.

You know, reading her posts and all the goings on with HW, I'd say she has AGORAPHOBIA. 
1) She doesn't want to be seen
2) She wont let images of her online or anywhere else.  (this is quite odd for someone in the public eye so to speak)
3) She really never talks about going to the market, or anything a normal person would do in day to day life
4) She has chosen hours to be active (in old school, she has her days and nights mixed up)
5) She has always seemed paranoid, like someone has been out to "get her" from the gitgo
6) She presents herself with FALSE BRAVADO - "taking on" scientology, "let them try to find me", "the area 51 break in", "tell me why you hate me" shows, etc etc
7) She has said she is a witch and can cast spells
8) She has said she can remote view
9) She has said she's had an "OBE"
10) She has said she's had an "NDE"
11) She has no man in her life apparently (other than the late Art Bell), yes she is what...45 yrs. old?

in other words, she has not just a few personality disorders, but she has a whole set of them.  Listeners could handle a couple of these, but not this many.
I think that is why she isn't respected much.

whoozit

I have a bad feeling about all of this.  <munching popcorn.gif>

albrecht

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 04:08:45 PM

Local PDs do "welfare checks" all the time and if a real bad situation Nevada has "Nevada L2K" by which a person can involuntarily committed and held for evaluation for 72 hours. If Lasha is a friend and has real concerns she should get off FB and visit her or maybe get the police to do a welfare check.

Taco Bell

I imagine George sitting back with a glass of scotch as the tweets hot fire