• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 15, 2018, 01:01:07 AM
Maybe they stopped for a pizza on the way over.

I don’t remember it smelling like pizza.

Frikking emt in the ambulance lied to me. He said I could get a shot for pain in the ambulance.

When I asked for my shot the guy laughed. He said they always say that.

It was Friday afternoon at 5pm. In Houston at 5pm on Friday unless you got shot by in the head or the heart you are going to wait in line. For me, that meant getting a shot about 11pm.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 01:05:33 AM
I don’t remember it smelling like pizza.

Frikking emt in the ambulance lied to me. He said I could get a shot for pain in the ambulance.

When I asked for my shot the guy laughed. He said they always say that.

It was Friday afternoon at 5pm. In Houston at 5pm on Friday unless you got shot by in the head or the heart you are going to wait in line. For me, that meant getting a shot about 11pm.

Brutal ::)

Juan

Asia was born here. Art made a big deal of it, surprising us one night with “From the high desert.” He said they wanted her to be a US citizen without question. They only moved back to the Philippines when the government messes up Airyn’s immigration status.

Mels-hole1984

Heather Wade is complete garbage. Look at her self promoting on her facebook page. Don't even bother listening to her show. Her voice sounds like a dumpster truck scratching fingernails on a chalkboard!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 15, 2018, 06:20:46 AM
Heather Wade is complete garbage. Look at her self promoting on her facebook page. Don't even bother listening to her show. Her voice sounds like a dumpster truck scratching fingernails on a chalkboard!

I know she was Art's It Girl, so I did give her a chance. I just could never get over her voice. Or her guest choices. Or her way of handling stupid callers. Eventually I cancelled my subscription. My husband kept listening for quite a while longer, but eventually gave up  as well. Glad she's doing something she enjoys, and that she had Art for a mentor.. but I don't see how they keep this going the way Art envisioned. 

So, she moved onto his property, buying an out building or trailer or whatever you want to call it. She gets to use his equipment, I'm assuming. Cool beans. But now what? Airyn (unless she signed away her own rights as his widow) can tell her to take a flying leap.  If the Missus and the kiddies move back to the Philippines, it is already decided that Heather will buy up the rest of the property (or be official caretaker)? On the cheap?

DanTSX

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 15, 2018, 06:32:35 AM
I know she was Art's It Girl, so I did give her a chance. I just could never get over her voice. Or her guest choices. Or her way of handling stupid callers. Eventually I cancelled my subscription. My husband kept listening for quite a while longer, but eventually gave up  as well. Glad she's doing something she enjoys, and that she had Art for a mentor.. but I don't see how they keep this going the way Art envisioned. 

So, she moved onto his property, buying an out building or trailer or whatever you want to call it. She gets to use his equipment, I'm assuming. Cool beans. But now what? Airyn (unless she signed away her own rights as his widow) can tell her to take a flying leap.  If the Missus and the kiddies move back to the Philippines, it is already decided that Heather will buy up the rest of the property (or be official caretaker)? On the cheap?

That’s gonna take a lot of 1-900-see-benis calls

Art bought pahrump land when it was worth less than dirt.  Today it is actually worth quite a bit.

As this bad real life Cohen brothers movie unfolds, I expect to see heather make a break for the Mexican border and not Area 51 in the deathmobile (art’s RV).

Fyodor Gutman

Heather Wade wormed her way into Art's life around 2014-15. With this sudden outcome, she essentially robbed fans of two or three final years of Art Bell radio.

Instead of cementing his legacy, Art spent his final years on the planet propping up this lousy substitute.

ItsTelly

I bet Airyn moves back to the Philippines.  Don't they have a luxury condo there that Art used to do his show from?  I always thought it was in Makati City, the nicest part of Metro Manilla. 

Anyway, you have a young, attractive widow with two young kids who is now filthy rich- even more so by Philippine standards. 

I'm guessing Airyn has tons of family back there so that it the logical choice.  Here all she had was Art and his 'friends', most of whom she probably thought (correctly) were quite strange. Kids were born on US soil so they are automatically citizens and can be dual.

She could sell the Pahrump compound to Heather for a song and still be OK.  If she does stay in the US, she leaves Pahrump.  Buys a nice house in Vegas. 

Telly

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 15, 2018, 11:09:29 AM
I bet Airyn moves back to the Philippines.  Don't they have a luxury condo there that Art used to do his show from?  I always thought it was in Makati City, the nicest part of Metro Manilla. 

Anyway, you have a young, attractive widow with two young kids who is now filthy rich- even more so by Philippine standards. 

I'm guessing Airyn has tons of family back there so that it the logical choice.  Here all she had was Art and his 'friends', most of whom she probably thought (correctly) were quite strange. Kids were born on US soil so they are automatically citizens and can be dual.

She could sell the Pahrump compound to Heather for a song and still be OK.  If she does stay in the US, she leaves Pahrump.  Buys a nice house in Vegas. 

Telly

The dumbest thing to do is move back to a third world hell hole where you literally have 400 cousins.

She should get a nice luxury condo as far away as she can from Vegas, heather and her tonya Harding family,  and any flip expat communities and start over with an assumed name With a nice alpha Chad who only has used radio for the purpose to call in air strikes on a taliban wedding party.

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 15, 2018, 11:09:29 AM

Telly

I thought Art sold the flip condo?

Sean92008

Speculating that Airyn would moving back to the Philippines...

A little money makes you a kidnapping target.

The Philippine kidnappers take checks.

Yup...

ShayP

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on April 15, 2018, 10:47:43 AM
Art spent his final years on the planet propping up this lousy substitute.

munbeam666

Someone here had previously theorized that heater might be Art's daughter
This might explain a lot
They do sort of look similar......

weeberwubber

Quote from: munbeam666 on April 15, 2018, 08:12:46 PM
Someone here had previously theorized that heater might be Art's daughter
This might explain a lot
They do sort of look similar......

I had speculated on that but I don't have proof. It's just the only way anything makes any sense. I think it would be enough for Columbo to keep hanging around and checking it out. :) I think they look a bit similar too, and I think she could have a slight familial resemblance to Art's first estranged daughter. I'm also thinking that if Art did sell her anything it was probably a trailer without land. They have some of those deals up here - whole communities. People own modulars on land they don't own and have to keep paying fees every month. It's a horrible deal.

DanTSX

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 15, 2018, 09:44:41 PM
I had speculated on that but I don't have proof. It's just the only way anything makes any sense. I think it would be enough for Columbo to keep hanging around and checking it out. :) I think they look a bit similar too, and I think she could have a slight familial resemblance to Art's first estranged daughter. I'm also thinking that if Art did sell her anything it was probably a trailer without land. They have some of those deals up here - whole communities. People own modulars on land they don't own and have to keep paying fees every month. It's a horrible deal.

Somewhere in here.....

http://boards.4chan.org/x/thread/20628847

Careful......JC warned us about this place.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 15, 2018, 09:44:41 PM

A caller asked Heather about Art being her father and she said  her father is named Charles and lives in California .

Sean92008

Quote from: Catsmile on April 15, 2018, 12:00:12 AM
Glad you cleared that up so succinctly, for the folks who don't understand how one path of legal immigration works.

Married 11+ years (I forget), two children, lived here over five years, no felonies, has at least a 10 year green card. She can choose to stay or leave, become a full citizen or not, same for Asia. Arts wife doesn't even need the "anchor baby", although it is a factor.

Asia I think might have to decide somewhere around 18-21 if she wants to keep her Philippine citizenship, or become 'Merican. I forget at the moment what citizenship agreements (which is apt to change) we have with the Philippines, and/or if the Republic of the Philippine Islands and USA allows for duel citizenship status with each other. (which is apt to change) The baby boy is 'Merican by birth.

My kids are dual citizens US/Japan...  There is no dual citizenship in Japan and I think the age of decision is 21 years old (maybe a decision must be made during year 20).

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Epaphroditus on April 16, 2018, 12:23:02 AM
A caller asked Heather about Art being her father and she said  her father is named Charles and lives in California .

I don't believe she's his kid. Why not tell the world (after a secret DNA test) if she was? He'd obviously be proud to be her dad, and it doesn't sound like something she'd keep quiet about.

As for "things she's said", she also said she’s half Chinese or something. I still don’t buy it.  You've seen her photo. Does she look even remotely Asian? Seeing a child who is "half" Asian and then to physically see no manifestation of this in her features, I think is probably pretty uncommon, if not rare. I don't care what she is or isn't. Makes no difference to me. But I've never believed this.

At any rate I hope the shows continues. Art wanted the show to keep going and his last FB post he was promoting it.

It isn't as terrible as people say.

CoolTen10

Get Excited folks! Because Art is coming back, yes from the grave to host a show tonight on MITD...oh wait that's a rerun. But still, nonetheless.... :-[

Taco Bell

Quote from: CoolTen10 on April 16, 2018, 07:39:15 AM
Get Excited folks! Because Art is coming back, yes from the grave to host a show tonight on MITD...oh wait that's a rerun. But still, nonetheless.... :-[

First episode of MITD is airing tonight.

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 07:48:41 AM
First episode of MITD is airing tonight.

Bio:

Graham Handcock is the author of the major international non-fiction bestsellers The Sign and the Seal, Fingerprints of the Gods, The Message of the Sphinx, Heaven’s Mirror, Underworld and Supernatural, and of the epic adventure novels Entangled and War God. His books have sold more than five million copies worldwide and have been translated into 30 languages. His public lectures, radio and TV appearances, including two major TV series for Channel 4 in the UK and The Learning Channel in the US â€" Quest For The Lost Civilization and Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age â€" have put his ideas before audiences of tens of millions. He has become recognized as an unconventional thinker who raises controversial questions about humanity’s past.

In February 2013 Hancock was voted No 55 in Watkins’ list of “The 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People”

http://midnightinthedesert.com/graham-hancock/

Quote from: WildCard on April 16, 2018, 08:24:16 AM

Is that the vegan woman who tried to shoot up Youtube? I wonder if she was a Bellgabber.

chiliace

Thank you, Art Bell for your many years of interesting and thought provoking radio programs. R.I.P.

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 14, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
He did live in the middle of nowhere.  Never been to Pahrump but I think it qualifies.

Art had some bucks when he sold to Preimer.  I wonder why he didn't move to a Penthouse on The Strip like at the Mandarin or Cosmo?  It would have been cool for him to broadcast from the heart of the LV Strip!

Telly

Art lived right down the street from the Chicken Ranch of all things...... :)
RIP Art. You will be and have been missed. If there is such a thing as a broadcasters heaven, say hi to Chick Hearn and Dick Enberg for me.