• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why So Technical

Started by heater, October 08, 2015, 05:25:30 PM

heater

I am starting a podcast called Why So Technical with some friends.  We will talk about current technology, video games, and whatever else comes up.  Its going to be a group discussion and live calls are welcome.  You can join us tonight for our first episode in the ufoship.com/chat and listen or we will live stream a video version on YouTube's new streaming system.

Shows will be archived on YouTube, more info coming soon.

We will start testing live tonight at 8pm EST and probably go until 10pm.

Here is how you can connect to us:

On Skype search for 'Why So Technical Podcast'
By phone: 317-708-4500

eddie dean

I'll give it a listen MK!
Thanks

starrmtn001

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!!!

Wait.  I don't know samsquanch about techy stuff either. :'(  Ah heck.  I'll be there!  Is there going to be a tech pool? ;D

twiki

Is this a new name for The Spec Sheet? Is MV involved too?

BobGrau

Great show. I've no particular interest in tech but I'd happily listen to Curtis read out his reciepts every other thursday. Although it's not the same without MV becoming outraged over the cashier's names.

wr250

Quote from: twiki on October 08, 2015, 06:45:30 PM
Is this a new name for The Spec Sheet? Is MV involved too?
no MV on this show. however MV has graciously allowed them to use the ufoship stream.
all hail MV

Ms. C

Thanks for a great podcast last night.  One of my favorite topics 'tech stuff' ... and I admire the way you guys are doing the youtube video portion.

Excellent all the way around.

Thanks again guys!

Ms. C

ponyboysunset

Curtis and crew your show was very enjoyable and the video aspect of youtube was really cool. Thanks and good luck. I'll see you next time you do a show!

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on October 08, 2015, 11:30:46 PM
Great show. I've no particular interest in tech but I'd happily listen to Curtis read out his reciepts every other thursday. Although it's not the same without MV becoming outraged over the cashier's names.

I've just realised this is bullshit, I'm very unlikely to ever listen to the NFL show.

heater

Quote from: BobGrau on October 09, 2015, 10:54:07 AM
I've just realised this is bullshit, I'm very unlikely to ever listen to the NFL show.

You're honesty is refreshing.  Now to get the other 95% of Bellgabbers to admit why they aren't listening to the best NFL podcast on bellgab!

Just for you BobGrau on the next episode I will not only read out receipts but we can begin to review my tax deductions for next year.  I'll find a sound clip of MV talking about taxes to give the back and forth you desire.

paladin1991

Well if this a tech show, can we discuss why taintco won't honor their warranty on the autosuck 3000 that I purchased? 
For a friend.

bateman

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 09, 2015, 02:42:24 PM
Well if this a tech show, can we discuss why taintco won't honor their warranty on the autosuck 3000 that I purchased? 
For a friend.

They are prone to clogging. Or so I've heard.

heater

Quote from: bateman on October 09, 2015, 03:19:17 PM
They are prone to clogging. Or so I've heard.

If you read the manual it says on page 69 section 4.20 to maintain a regular cleaning schedule to avoid messy clogs. This is right after the section about avoiding use of the device in areas that are prone to black light usage.

onan

It is completely user error regarding clogging. If the user were to compliment the device and take it to dinner once in a while...

Tarbaby

Quote from: themudking on October 14, 2015, 10:14:25 AM
If you read the manual it says on page 69 section 4.20 to maintain a regular cleaning schedule to avoid messy clogs. This is right after the section about avoiding use of the device in areas that are prone to black light usage.
this happened to me too… In my personal life. I was cleaning it and it went off.

paladin1991

Quote from: themudking on October 14, 2015, 10:14:25 AM

OH right!  That's the subsection labeled 'SOUP.'  I forgot to lightly simmer the parts to clean them.

paladin1991

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 14, 2015, 11:32:01 AM
this happened to me too… In my personal life. I was cleaning it and it went off.

did you have it pointed at the side of your head or was it in your mouth?

BobGrau

...Sometimes I take my Kindle Fire out of its cover/case and marvel at how light and sexy it becomes. D'you think I could be a geek someday?

Tarbaby

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 14, 2015, 12:55:02 PM
did you have it pointed at the side of your head or was it in your mouth?
The side of my head? What do you think I am, double-jointed?

MudKing: just listened to episode one. Nice, easy to listen to, good quality.  one thing, I always have trouble getting my volume loud enough on YouTube. my YouTube volumes are about 90% softer than the general system volume. Or for example the podcast levels. This is on an Apple iPad. and it's not just your program, it's many YouTube programs. I either need a way to turn up my YouTube volume levels or normalize the sound on all the apps here.

starrmtn001

Good day fellas.  I trust we will have a show tonight.  Yes? ;) :D

BobGrau

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 15, 2015, 02:24:54 PM
Good day fellas.  I trust we will have a show tonight.  Yes? ;) :D

They've all gone a bit quiet since the AutoSuck got fixed.

heater

Sorry for any confusion we are doing our show every other Thursday so this is the off week.  We will be back with upgraded camera's & audio.  I even bought a green screen to be more like gottoon.  We do this so you don't have to.

Lilith

Quote from: themudking on October 08, 2015, 05:25:30 PM
I am starting a podcast called Why So Technical with some friends.  We will talk about current technology, video games, and whatever else comes up.  Its going to be a group discussion and live calls are welcome.  You can join us tonight for our first episode in the ufoship.com/chat and listen or we will live stream a video version on YouTube's new streaming system.

Shows will be archived on YouTube, more info coming soon.

We will start testing live tonight at 8pm EST and probably go until 10pm.

Here is how you can connect to us:

On Skype search for 'Why So Technical Podcast'
By phone: 317-708-4500

Great News!!!  I missed the live test, but sure do hope not to miss anymore shows!!  I will be tuning in FOR SURE !!!!!!  :-*

Lilith

MK, I typed in Why So Technical Podcast in Skype, with and without spaces and cannot find it.....also, what time will the show be this coming Thursday?  I REALLY want to try not to miss it.  Would love to hear the first one you did if you saved a copy of it somewhere.  All this might already be posted somewhere, and I just missed it. :(

Tarbaby

Quote from: brig on October 18, 2015, 05:25:37 AM
MK, I typed in Why So Technical Podcast in Skype, with and without spaces and cannot find it.....also, what time will the show be this coming Thursday?  I REALLY want to try not to miss it.  Would love to hear the first one you did if you saved a copy of it somewhere.  All this might already be posted somewhere, and I just missed it. :(
as I remember, I just typed "why so technical" into YouTube and found it right away.

Lilith

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 18, 2015, 05:39:53 AM
as I remember, I just typed "why so technical" into YouTube and found it right away.

Thank you so MUCH!  Watching Now!  Now I just have to figure out how to add them as a contact on skype, lol's

berry

I'm watching now, too!  Thank you for the additional entertainment.

Lilith

Quote from: berry on October 18, 2015, 06:17:00 AM
I'm watching now, too!  Thank you for the additional entertainment.

Haha....GREAT to know somebody is watching with me  ;D  I am enjoying it SO MUCH!!  .........it's making me smile  :) :-*

berry

Quote from: brig on October 18, 2015, 06:19:32 AM
Haha....GREAT to know somebody is watching with me  ;D  I am enjoying it SO MUCH!!  .........it's making me smile  :) :-*

I really am enjoying the video. I thought that Gotoon (sp?) was a Bellgab member but I guess not?  Just Curtis' friend.

ziznak

sooooo.... I'm out of podcasts... wtf muddy my boy where you at?