• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: onan on October 03, 2015, 09:44:26 AM
Mebbe glasses.

I think LittleChris is lobbying vigorously for that, and I don't think it could be much worse than the original version. The trouble is you know that Falkie couldn't manage more than a couple of days before complaining that he would need a day off, but I would like to hear him do a one-shot deal just for the hell of it. Perhaps a dry-run on the Gabcast?

bateman

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 03, 2015, 08:44:49 AM
My favorite was the scatological "news" story. A real touch of class. And that is coming from someone who posts regularly on the Falkie thread.

That one was unreal.

Uncle Duke

So was Ashcraft approached by C2C before or after he'd decided to ditch MITD because of Rowland's antics?  Once the guy is a former employee, who cares where he goes.......unless he has a no-compete.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 03, 2015, 10:18:52 AM
So was Ashcraft approached by C2C before or after he'd decided to ditch MITD because of Rowland's antics?  Once the guy is a former employee, who cares where he goes.......unless he has a no-compete.

Who knows?  As far as I'm concerned I'd rather hear Art talk about the news himself.  It was one of the things on the old show that made it great.

EarthAlien007

I think there's more to this.
Isn't Leo Ashcraft - Nexus Broadcast http://nexusbroadcast.com/ the satellite company bringing Art to all the new stations?
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Leo-Ashcraft/43260066

GravitySucks

I have mixed feelings. Sure Leo mispronounced some words, but if Amy was choosing the stories and doing the writing, you can't really fault him for the topics or timeliness of the stories.  I've heard Art mispronounce a word or too.  If it had been RCH mispronunciation Beyonce', it would have been added to the drinking game.

Keith will never win an award for congeniality and his tech skills/website design are not leading edge.

But... MITD was getting its own ambience (No Leo, that doesn't rhyme with Beyonce').

I don't like the postings by Leo, I can understand him saying he couldn't work with Keith, but the postings that followed were childish.

I will miss DMN and I hope Amy can fill the role and get comfortable and be relaxed.  I don't want to hear more commercials.

I know that Heather is busy, but I still think the winner would be "All the news that is (Redacted)"

And I hope Keith goes to charm school.

But most of all, I hope everyone moves past it and is successful in whatever they do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 07:06:47 AM
...if it's true that Keith wouldn't link to Leo's website on artbell.com then Keith is a moron, too.

Yeah, if true, that's pretty dumb on a number of levels.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on October 03, 2015, 11:06:35 AM
Yeah, if true, that's pretty dumb on a number of levels.
I would normally add the normal Praise MV, but I am boycotting that phrase until you change that avatar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2015, 11:11:39 AM
...until you change that avatar.

But why are you so confident you'd like the new one? You've seen my past avatars, right?

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on October 03, 2015, 11:14:37 AM
But why are you so confident you'd like the new one? You've seen my past avatars, right?
Yeah, but that one gives me the creeps

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on October 03, 2015, 11:14:37 AM
Since you put it that way, "you look marvelous."  ;)

https://youtu.be/hXydX9p_ZxA

Weirdoradio

Dark Matter News segments cut out from the podcast version of the episode.

BAZING.

Dateline

So be it.  I enjoy the Dark Matter News, and there is so much talent out there that would jump for an opportunity like this.  Please keep it.  Find someone else to fill the void and carry on.

Leo can join team Church consisting of Jimmy Church, and Falkie.  They sit at obedience until Norry throws them a crumb and then they pant and wag the tail.  I compare Team Church to the girlfriend you upkeep just so she is available when you want her, the rest of the time she is chewing gum, tanning, dying her hair, reading trashy novels and watching the soaps. 

Quote from: Dateline on October 03, 2015, 11:25:57 AM
I compare Team Church to the girlfriend you upkeep just so she is available when you want her, the rest of the time she is chewing gum, tanning, dying her hair, reading trashy novels and watching the soaps.

God Almighty, my dear man! Whom are you dating?!

Kolchak

Quote from: Dateline on October 03, 2015, 11:25:57 AM
Leo can join team Church consisting of Jimmy Church, and Falkie.

He already has one offer for a show that's sure to be a hit.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Kolchak on October 03, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
He already has one offer for a show that's sure to be a hit.

I would listen to that schizophrenic's show.  I'm sure it would be golden entertainment before they haul him away to the looney bin.

gx2music

Count me in to the "Redacted doing the news" fan club.   She's got a voice just MADE for radio.  Sexy as hell and very easy on the ear. 

Art is hitting 70 and sooner or later he's gotta think about handling the reins over.  What better place to test this out via that news segment. 

Badly want Redacted doing it.  She's sorely missed from the Gabcast ( sorry mv , Jazmunda , Chiefist and all the others.  You guys are great and I still listen... But it's missing that sexy Southern California female twang.  )

b_dubb

(redacted) would need someone to help collate weird news. But I agree she'd be great at this.

Kolchak

Whatever happens, I'll be very interested in hearing how Leo plans to fill 3 hours without Amy writing for him. If he thought he was working hard before, he's in for an awakening.

gx2music

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 11:35:50 AM
(redacted) would need someone to help collate weird news. But I agree she'd be great at this.

Apologies for not including you in my Gabcast shout out above.  How embarrassing.  Sorry about that.

AppealPlay

Quote from: gx2music on October 03, 2015, 11:33:27 AM
Art is hitting 70 and sooner or later he's gotta think about handling the reins over.  What better place to test this out via that news segment. 

Bite your tongue.

b_dubb

Quote from: gx2music on October 03, 2015, 11:38:58 AM
Apologies for not including you in my Gabcast shout out above.  How embarrassing.  Sorry about that.
No worries. But my contacts at Taintco are not happy that Taintco wasn't mentioned. At this rate we'll never get the tens of dollars from promoting the Taintco family of quality products.

Rocky4228

I actually had a dream about this whole situation last night.  Noory was featured prominently.  *shudders*

gx2music

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 11:40:57 AM
Bite your tongue.

Yeah I know.  I'll go back into the reality distortion universe where Art is immortal. 

Art is the only radio jock that has a legion of male , straight fans that actually love him like a brother. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 11:35:50 AM
So let it be written. So let it be done!

AppealPlay

Quote from: norland2424 on October 03, 2015, 12:03:45 PM
LOL it seems leo is still at it

Right or wrong can we all agree Leo is a clown?  Show of hands?

Kolchak

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 12:04:42 PM
Right or wrong can we all agree Leo is a clown?  Show of hands?

Totally unprofessional. Who would want to sign up for his "network" knowing he could flip that kind of switch any moment?