• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Nemo418

Does Leo control nexusbroadcast.com? I ask because that page states:

QuoteTHE ART BELL DISTRIBUTION HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.  A NEW LONG FORM PROGRAM IS IN THE WORKS TO REPLACE MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT.  DETAILS COMING SOON.

Bonanza Pilot

This guy is a flat out lunatic. How can there possibly be this much drama over reading/recording a few minutes of news?

Now Leo plans on starting his own show to complete against Art? Good luck with that you queef monger.

coaster

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on October 06, 2015, 08:00:14 PM
This guy is a flat out lunatic. How can there possibly be this much drama over reading/recording a few minutes of news?

Now Leo plans on starting his own show to complete against Art? Good luck with that you queef monger.
Do you know how long it takes to prepare the news??? 36 hours a day, 11 days a week.

MV/Liberace!

How can there possibly be this much drama over reading/recording a few minutes of news?

heh heh, it sorta does boil down to this question, doesn't it.

norland2424

Quote from: coaster on October 06, 2015, 08:03:46 PM
Do you know how long it takes to prepare the news??? 36 hours a day, 11 days a week.

Remember Art had him working 20 hours a day 7 days of week with no pay  ::) ::), damn leo is a damn idiot.

norland2424

Quote from: MV on October 06, 2015, 08:04:23 PM
heh heh, it sorta does boil down to this question, doesn't it.

Is leo your avatar now lol ?

MisterChew

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 06, 2015, 06:50:12 PM
Apparently it started because Keith refused to place a link to Leo's website on artbell.com.  I think all of us can agree Keith was in the wrong there but Leo has acted like a jilted lover since he quit.
If indeed this is what happened then Keith is in the wrong here, but Leo shouldn't had escalated the situation, forced Art to choose sides, then threatened to quit. While at the same time made up a bunch of lies. Now I've heard he's in the process of competing against Art with a 3 hour program of his own. LOL! good luck with that! Good riddance!

bateman

I believe Keith did have a link, it just wasn't prominently placed. Ehh.

nextgen.fm

He also appears to be starting this own network

jazmunda

Quote from: Nemo418 on October 06, 2015, 07:32:04 PM
Does Leo control nexusbroadcast.com? I ask because that page states:

QuoteTHE ART BELL DISTRIBUTION HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.  A NEW LONG FORM PROGRAM IS IN THE WORKS TO REPLACE MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT.  DETAILS COMING SOON.

Yeah he might want to update/delete the rest of the page.

Rookie webmaster mistake.

And he wanted Keith's job.

Sheesh.

Bonanza Pilot

I think I could research, write, and record the news segment in about two hours max and would probably have it down to 45 minutes once I got the hang of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNuu9CpdjIo

Dateline

There may be more to this.  Leo owns Nexus and that is the springboard that Art was using to launch the satellite hook-up with the up to 4000 stations.  Nexus even wrote the PR release for this launch for Art.  There were comments that some of Leo's equipment was used and could that be some that involves the Nexus link.  Nexus is Leo, I think.  With him departing that has left.  This was the next level for Art or how this was presented and advertised. 

PremRat threw the steak out to Leo and he jumped at it.  That was part of the beginning of this shamble.  Leo got mad and took Nexus with him.  Now, Art may or may not have the capabilities to take it to the next level, at least as it was presented through Nexus. 

This was Art's big move and PremRat quashed it.  Now, Norry is trying to get PR through the weird news paranormal presidential articles.  It reads to me much deeper than Leo simply being the reader of the news.  That is one spin I am analyzing. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dateline on October 06, 2015, 09:41:53 PM
There may be more to this.  Leo owns Nexus and that is the springboard that Art was using to launch the satellite hook-up with the up to 4000 stations.  Nexus even wrote the PR release for this launch for Art.  There were comments that some of Leo's equipment was used and could that be some that involves the Nexus link.  Nexus is Leo, I think.  With him departing that has left.  This was the next level for Art or how this was presented and advertised. 

PremRat threw the steak out to Leo and he jumped at it.  That was part of the beginning of this shamble.  Leo got mad and took Nexus with him.  Now, Art may or may not have the capabilities to take it to the next level, at least as it was presented through Nexus. 

This was Art's big move and PremRat quashed it.  Now, Norry is trying to get PR through the weird news paranormal presidential articles.  It reads to me much deeper than Leo simply being the reader of the news.  That is one spin I am analyzing.

Art posted that this did nit affect the XFS distro. He said Leo had a server that was providing the internet relay link to some independent stations and that Keith had arranged for an alternate. In fact Leo posted Keith's email to the independents on how to get the stream.

Dateline

I am not techie so I know that the independents can get the stream, they could before the switch on October 1, 2015, but is it still as easy as "the flick of a switch" and they are connected? 

Did Leo provide something to Art that he does not know have, and that would be the direct link with satellite that makes it easier to make the switch?  That is what I am not clear on. 

Quote from: Dateline on October 06, 2015, 09:41:53 PM

Art should be getting better council. 

There is zero reason for Keith or this Leo person to own anything developed to get the show rolling and keep it going.  There ought to be a corporation set up that owns ALL the intellectual property, copyrights, websites, equipment, whatever else that's been created.  If there is an outside service, perhaps like this Nexus, that he needs to use - then get a contract in place so the owner of it can't just yank it out from under him.  He also shouldn't have one person - in this case Keith - that he relies on so completely, no company should. 

From a business standpoint, from the outside, this looks so poorly done, just bad business practices, needless problems waiting to happen. 

Then again, Art seems to enjoy drama.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 06, 2015, 10:15:54 PM

There is zero reason for Keith or this Leo person to own anything developed to get the show rolling and keep it going.  There ought to be a corporation set up that owns ALL the intellectual property, copyrights, websites, equipment, whatever else that's been created.  If there is an outside service, perhaps like this Nexus, that he needs to use - then get a contract in place so the owner of it can't just yank it out from under him.  He also shouldn't have one person - in this case Keith - that he relies on so completely, no company should. 

From a business standpoint, from the outside, this looks so poorly done, just bad business practices, needless problems waiting to happen. 

i have no idea how MITD is set up. But I am betting it is a shoe string budget. They do need to get an attorney involved and set it up as a corporation, it will also limit personal liabilities if they are ever sued.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 06, 2015, 11:36:08 PM
...it will also limit personal liabilities if they are ever sued.

i think that's a bit of a misconception.  anyone can sue anyone for any reason, and the process of being sued can be a financial disaster, even if you ultimately prevail.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2015, 01:33:23 AM
i think that's a bit of a misconception.  anyone can sue anyone for any reason, and the process of being sued can be a financial disaster, even if you ultimately prevail.

Your avatar reminded me to take my meds just before the coffee went cold. I hope this is a proud moment for you.

K_Dubb

Art's running things like a small, almost family business thirty years ago, presumably because he wants to.  His antipathy for corporate structure is well-known, and he said some pretty similar things about lawyers the other night.

Personally I like watching his mom-&-pop take on the big guys.  As long as he's happy and stays on the air, the drama is part of the ride.

paladin1991

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on October 06, 2015, 08:35:20 PM
I think I could research, write, and record the news segment in about two hours max and would probably have it down to 45 minutes once I got the hang of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNuu9CpdjIo

Who is that supposed to be, Leo or Keith?

paladin1991

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 06, 2015, 10:15:54 PM

Shhhhh, you may kill off this pARTy if you bring to much reasoning into it. ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 07, 2015, 08:47:39 AM
Art's running things like a small, almost family business thirty years ago, presumably because he wants to.  His antipathy for corporate structure is well-known, and he said some pretty similar things about lawyers the other night.

Personally I like watching his mom-&-pop take on the big guys.  As long as he's happy and stays on the air, the drama is part of the ride.

Hear, hear!

Waco Kid

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 05, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Nobody seems to be as amused by Hurricane Jokeen as I am...  :P Carbon dee-oxide seems to have taken off.

I had to be 4 years old, give or take, when I learned how to pronounce Joaquin because Joaquin Andujar (an-DOO-jar in Leonese) played for the Cardinals.

I'm sure he's heard it but he thinks it's spelled Walkeen or something...

I'm going to miss that silly incompetent bastard.

I'm right there with you on Jokeen. Yes, I will miss him, too. Like I miss watching airplane crash videos on Youtube when I finally decide I should go to bed at 1:30 AM.

Ms. C

+1

ItsOver

Art, the Floyd the Barber of radio.  Or should that be Sam Drucker?

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 07, 2015, 09:26:59 AM
Art, the Floyd the Barber of radio.  Or should that be Sam Drucker?

Haha yeah.  Both my last jobs were at small growing companies that went the corporate route.  Judging by efficiency and the quality of the product it's a net loss in my experience.  You trade dedicated innovators for people who excel at following routines.