• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 03, 2017, 01:03:09 PM
Okay yiddles, AKA, "TheOne."  I will reply to you once.

I am, and have always been Pro-Israel!

Bye bye Yiddles..

Praise MV ..

aldousburbank

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 03, 2017, 01:03:09 PM
Okay yiddles, AKA, "TheOne."  I will reply to you once.

I am, and have always been Pro-Israel!

I am, and have always been pro-parenthesis!

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 03, 2017, 03:19:40 PM
I am, and have always been pro-parenthesis!
Me too (I can't whisper without them, shhhhh). ;D

mikuthing01

Quote from: White Crow on February 25, 2017, 06:05:42 PM
I prefer bowling during the Cold Winter months.. but

When the ice melts on the lake ..I switch to a canoe.   Love Canoeing  ..Like bowling takes years of practice to get it right .. Once Hoagie explained the torsion field it all made more sense.  Pivot, turn, twist, rock, and roll.

https://youtu.be/ecStrF15o-4

Interesting video I'm pretty sure i do what that guys describing already. I have a 17' 1976 Grumman canoe that i take on river trips every summer it's a lot of fun except for all of the log jams.

A friend of mine bought a Kayak and it was so much easier to use i thought about buying one, I was looking at something cheap like a sun dolphin Aruba 12.

I also tried out a cheap old sit on top kayak a few years ago and it took serious balance i flipped off of it several times trying to get the hang of the piece of crap. It was so small and stubby you couldent steer it and you were damn lucky to even sit on it without flipping over. It looked somewhat like this

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ☯️mikuthing01☯️ on March 03, 2017, 07:34:22 PM
Interesting video I'm pretty sure i do what that guys describing already. I have a 17' 1976 Grumman canoe that i take on river trips every summer it's a lot of fun except for all of the log jams.

A friend of mine bought a Kayak and it was so much easier to use i thought about buying one, I was looking at something cheap like a sun dolphin Aruba 12.

I also tried out a cheap old sit on top kayak a few years ago and it took serious balance i flipped off of it several times trying to get the hang of the piece of crap. It was so small and stubby you couldent steer it and you were damn lucky to even sit on it without flipping over. It looked somewhat like this

Glad to read that you enjoy Canoeing!

There is something about old fashioned Canoeing with a partner that appeals to me.

The J-Stoke is an important stroke to master that is especially useful when Canoeing with an inexperienced partner!

The J-Stroke allows your partner to stoke at any speed they want or even take a rest. Once mastered it makes the whole experience much more enjoyable for both.

https://youtu.be/kSOu0jyuqN8

Ciardelo

Why are you waning WhiteCrow?  :(  :'(

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 04, 2017, 02:28:14 AM
Why are you waning WhiteCrow?  :(  :'(

Thank you for your concern... But I'm not waning, I'm soaring to new heights.

I'm hosting a Solar Eclipse gathering on August 21, 2017. The best viewing spot in the world is a few hours drive away from where I live.

Faith Hope Love.. for a clear day on this once in a lifetime event!

Ciardelo

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 04, 2017, 02:40:46 AM
Thank you for your concern... But I'm not waning, I'm soaring to new heights.

I'm hosting a Solar Eclipse gathering on August 21, 2017. The best viewing spot in the world is a few hours drive away from where I live.

Faith Hope Love.. for a clear day on this once in a lifetime event!

kewl! Where is the best spot?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 04, 2017, 02:43:25 AM
kewl! Where is the best spot?

Southern Illinois..Is  Maximum Eclipse ..I'm working presently on securing a fantastic special place to hang out during the "event"..

Maximum Eclipse (also known as "mid-eclipse") - this is the midpoint of the eclipse. If you are in the path of totality, it is the middle of the total phase.
This is the ONLY time it is ever safe to look at the eclipsed Sun directly! The Moon is covering all of the Sun, and the sight is not any brighter than the full Moon...THIS is what all the excitement is about, and it is why you MUST be in the path of totality to see the main event! (In fact, if you try to look at totality through your eclipse glasses during totality, you will not see anything at all!)
(If you are not in the path of totality, you will not see this phase at all - and in that case, you must watch the ENTIRE ECLIPSE through your eclipse glasses!)

Ciardelo

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 04, 2017, 02:54:04 AM
Southern Illinois..Is  Maximum Eclipse ..I'm working presently on securing a fantastic special place to hang out during the "event"..

Maximum Eclipse (also known as "mid-eclipse") - this is the midpoint of the eclipse. If you are in the path of totality, it is the middle of the total phase.
This is the ONLY time it is ever safe to look at the eclipsed Sun directly! The Moon is covering all of the Sun, and the sight is not any brighter than the full Moon...THIS is what all the excitement is about, and it is why you MUST be in the path of totality to see the main event! (In fact, if you try to look at totality through your eclipse glasses during totality, you will not see anything at all!)
(If you are not in the path of totality, you will not see this phase at all - and in that case, you must watch the ENTIRE ECLIPSE through your eclipse glasses!)

About 20 years ago, here in Tulsa we had solar eclipse around lunchtime. I can't remember if it was a total, probably not, but even the shadows on the ground from the tree leaves looked different somehow. Keep us posted on your spot, I might be free to go up there :)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 04, 2017, 03:02:27 AM
About 20 years ago, here in Tulsa we had solar eclipse around lunchtime. I can't remember if it was a total, probably not, but even the shadows on the ground from the tree leaves looked different somehow. Keep us posted on your spot, I might be free to go up there :)

If viewed from the right spot  .Just before and after total darkness,  shadows of light flicker like a moving  strobe light across the land scape.

WhiteCrow

Total solar Eclipse... you know... of the heart and eyes

https://youtu.be/lcOxhH8N3Bo

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on February 26, 2017, 09:24:45 PM
No matter the direction.. season ..Or mode of transportation.. I always take along peace offerings of Wisconsin's world famous Nueske's apple wood smoked bacon.

Canada  is on my ... short list..

That's some of the best bacon on the face of the planet. :)
Their smoked meats are second to none.
https://www.nueskes.com/  +  http://www.nueskemeats.com/store/bacon/ <--(wholesale)

Yelp review:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/nueskes-wittenberg-4
(They're right about the Pheasant  - YUMMY !  :) )

Don't forget your coupon codes...   https://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes/nueskes/
https://www.retailmenot.com/view/nueskes.com

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 04, 2017, 04:50:58 AM
:)

Faith Hope Love returning to the Haven.  White Crow is happy.

Love All

Praise Starr!

starrmtn001

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 04, 2017, 03:27:36 PM
Faith Hope Love returning to the Haven.  White Crow is happy.

Love All

Praise Starr!
Thank you, WhiteCrow, but why are you praising me? ???  I just post the same 'ol, same 'ol. ;)

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 04, 2017, 02:40:46 AM

I'm hosting a Solar Eclipse gathering on August 21, 2017.

Year of the Crow 2017

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 04, 2017, 06:31:03 PM
;D Will you be there?
I'm planning on it, health and finances willing.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 06:32:19 PM
I'm planning on it, health and finances willing.

Plan on about a week..  you won't go home disappointed!

starrmtn001

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 05, 2017, 03:51:08 AM
Plan on about a week..  you won't go home disappointed!
Never disappointed, WhiteCrow. ;) ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 05, 2017, 01:14:47 PM
Never disappointed, WhiteCrow. ;) ;D

And to think...  never been bowling or canoeing .. with you... :) ;)

whoozit

I'm supposed to relocate from NH to VA this summer.  I hope to catch the eclipse somewhere in NC or TN.  I'll think of you Whitecrow with your hoodied sycophants a few hunted miles away.  I'll be thankful for every one of those sweet, sweet miles.  ;) :P :-*

GravitySucks

From the top of Heavenly

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 08, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
From the top of Heavenly
Oh my, Gravity, that is beautiful!

The snow looks very deep, and the wind must be very cold.  I hope that doesn't interfere with you skills of articulation. ::)  ;)  ;D

GravitySucks

From the top of Kirkwood

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 09, 2017, 03:27:40 PM
From the top of Kirkwood
Another beautiful photo, Gravity.  I'm sorry the chemtrails ruined the sky.  Not your fault.