• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Northcoaster

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 23, 2015, 01:41:32 AM
I love it when they say "it's in the data" or "they're hiding the data" or whatever.

It's in the data that they're hiding, which is why we can't see the correct data!

Textor

Quote from: QuantumMystics on July 23, 2015, 01:55:48 AM
Yes nature can construct anything, it constructed humans in order to to construct plastic!

Materials and geometry are different. He has theories on the materials of these structures, but without having a sample as evidence it would be pure speculation even if these things were unnatural constructions.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on July 23, 2015, 01:55:48 AM
Yes nature can construct anything, it constructed humans in order to to construct plastic!

You cannot go against nature, because when you do go against nature, it's part of nature too.
-Love and Rockets.

HumanBeing

Not that I don't enjoy space and astronomy but I hope RCH starts covering topics outside of his comfort zone.

Northcoaster

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 23, 2015, 01:59:44 AM
Not that I don't enjoy space and astronomy but I hope RCH starts covering topics outside of his comfort zone.

Like Venus or something?

saucerlike

Quote: "Steve Troy received his BA Liberal Arts Degree from the University of Iowa in 1968 and in 1983 received his Bachelor of Science in Elementary and Secondary Art Education from Southwest State University in Marshall, MN.  He’s been an amateur astronomer since 1988..."

Yeah, he's plenty qualified for this job.  He just laid out how "extraordinarily" unfair NASA is.  Real scientists would be appalled at this, it has to be rigid to keep this crap away.  Nothing he's found would even be considered evidence.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Northcoaster on July 23, 2015, 02:01:29 AM
Like Venus or something?

I think the Russians did a lot of Venus missions. Yet for some reason Venus isn't as sexy to talk about so Mars gets all the glory.

Northcoaster

Richard is wetting himself over these new Pluto pics.

"It's geometry! Solid science!"

Morgus

Quote from: Ward on July 23, 2015, 01:36:59 AM
funny thing is i like RCH's bumper music.
It sounds like 1950s electronic scifi music...

Morgus

I noticed that the big shortwave station has Hoagland's show on right now, so they are carrying it as well as Art.

Kezar Stanyan

Quote from: Ward on July 23, 2015, 01:44:06 AM
completely off topic anyone here NOT multi-tasking?

actually i guess i want to know who is just listening to RCH and no doing anything else

I was drinking Chandon with my wife and playing ESO via PS4.  That count?

Personally imho, it was his best show to date.  His guests were easy to listen to.  Where he is learning fast.....be a host, first.  He had better balance tonight.  I sensed him holding off the filabuster button several times because his guests were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and focused.  In fact, of all the years I sifted through c2c, rch was in top form.  He will humble; confident in is ability to manage his own show, without regard to what came before him.  We know the numbers, bro.  No need to express how surprising the listening pop is. 

Great show.

Two things - first, who is that guy on with Richard who sounds just like Cleavland Brown from Family Guy?

Second - am I the only one creeped out by Richard's music? Is this what he listens to at home? He thought this would make good bumper music? Richard, if I may make a few suggestions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69GznN8HzDU

Skip the first 30 seconds with this next one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAt0X2nlXZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD3SLxibaH0

Jackstar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on July 23, 2015, 05:24:51 AM
am I the only one creeped out by Richard's music?

It is other-worldly. It creates an unusual emotional reaction when I listen to it. I wouldn't call it creepy. Whatever you're feeling is as creepy as you would like it to be, I think. All matter is simply energy condensed to a slower vibration.

Jackstar

sydtron

And now heres Steve with the weather.         Gotta love Bill Hicks

astroguy

I am close to figuring out my recording software, last night I just had an issue with the 4-hour time out of the popup player.  Can anyone hook me up with a recording of the last few nights?  Pretty please?

saucerlike

Quote from: astroguy on July 23, 2015, 06:58:38 AM
I am close to figuring out my recording software, last night I just had an issue with the 4-hour time out of the popup player.  Can anyone hook me up with a recording of the last few nights?  Pretty please?
I wish I had, or I'd send it asap.  I haven't heard so much b.s. in a LONG time.

Soylentblue

Quote from: Meatie Pie on July 22, 2015, 12:23:23 PM
The program actually put me to sleep last night. He is awful.

This is NOT surprising at all. RCH is past his due date. He is an example of "fool me once...".

My good friend Walter Cronkite who speaks to me through my C Crane radio when I sleep remote viewed RCH and said in four weeks that his show will be historic, er, I mean history.

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 23, 2015, 02:11:35 AM
I think the Russians did a lot of Venus missions. Yet for some reason Venus isn't as sexy to talk about so Mars gets all the glory.
==============================================================
'Allo!
With you i am stll.
I wasn't able to hear any of Hoagland's shpiels yet,time slash access contraints.
i've got much else on my agenda to deal with locally in the world & web.
Yet i feel these points are similar to my plaints about the lack of feminine touch on other shows calved from Mr.Bell's Glacier of KKool.
ie,C2C's shortage of feminine hosts.
Many of these fields of interest cry out for an feminine hand.
"B_B"

=Schlyder=

LOL ...the theme music sounds like a blend of Lost in Space, and the Trailer Park Boys.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Morgus on July 23, 2015, 02:42:35 AM
It sounds like 1950s electronic scifi music...

Finally found Hoagie's theme; it was apparently used by a proto-Art named Long John Nebel way back in the 50s-70s:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_John_Nebel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtDvFbi1e0

I like that stuff.

kingotnw

I'm curious what RCH hosting an entire show will be like. I always enjoyed him, even if I didn't agree with everything he thought. Has he been doing any shows of his own before this?

Northcoaster

Quote from: kingotnw on July 24, 2015, 01:13:05 AM
I'm curious what RCH hosting an entire show will be like. I always enjoyed him, even if I didn't agree with everything he thought. Has he been doing any shows of his own before this?

He started same night as Art

Morgus

Richard mentioned his guest for tonight is Joseph Farrell.