• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 28, 2015, 02:35:33 AM
"A program is a program, dick."

I enjoyed that.  Don't think RCH has been referred to as 'Dick' on air before.

ShayP

Now RCH has to force his belief and interpretations on this guest.  It's insulting.  The direction of the show was great and now Hoagie has to ruin it.  It's clear Dick Bertel wants nothing to do with this, but he is being amicable. 

Quote from: ShayP on July 28, 2015, 02:53:35 AM
Now RCH has to force his belief and interpretations on this guest.  It's insulting.  The direction of the show was great and now Hoagie has to ruin it.  It's clear Dick Bertel wants nothing to do with this, but he is being amicable.

1:53am, Hoagie starts to lose it.
The guest is trying to be amicable but he sounds slightly confused with how to handle this RCH theory.
Oh 19.5 got in there as well.

ShayP

Richard C. Hoagland!  You are pathetic sir.  Putting Mr. Bertel on the spot is bullshit.  Be thankful he's a friend.  Clearly he doesn't "get" what your talking about.

Yes, I'm talking to myself.   :P

GOODNIGHT!!!

shell88

The first 10 minutes of the show last night was absolutely the most hilarious piece of radio I have heard in a long time.  It literally had me in stitches.  I have not had a laugh like that for a while - especially when the phone rang and Richard said "what the heck is going on?"  then answers it and promptly hangs up. His guest asks "What was that?" and Richard says "I don't know, it doesn't matter", or something to that effect.  Even his guest was laughing at the whole situation. 
It's fantastic comedy folks.  It will be interesting to see what develops with this show -  nothing like a good laugh before one falls off to sleep!

castromiller

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 28, 2015, 02:06:40 AM
Do you remember anything they talked about?
I remember some banter about the good old days of radio and the like, but I'll mostly remember the first 10 min. of  unintentionally hilarious antics by the incomparable Mr. Richard C. Hoagland.

ShayP

Quote from: shell88 on July 28, 2015, 10:17:45 AM
The first 10 minutes of the show last night was absolutely the most hilarious piece of radio I have heard in a long time.  It literally had me in stitches.  I have not had a laugh like that for a while - especially when the phone rang and Richard said "what the heck is going on?"  then answers it and promptly hangs up. His guest asks "What was that?" and Richard says "I don't know, it doesn't matter", or something to that effect.  Even his guest was laughing at the whole situation. 
It's fantastic comedy folks.  It will be interesting to see what develops with this show -  nothing like a good laugh before one falls off to sleep!

Quote from: castromiller on July 28, 2015, 11:05:16 AM
I remember some banter about the good old days of radio and the like, but I'll mostly remember the first 10 min. of  unintentionally hilarious antics by the incomparable Mr. Richard C. Hoagland.

It was funny but at the end I just became irritated.  Even though there seemed to be no definitive topic, I found the guest interesting and it was nice to listen to.  Then, of course, Hoagie goes into the pics, data, blah, blah, blah.  :P

I hope you caught the very beginning when Hoagie was struggling and you could hear another voice say, what sounded like, "press the button."  Then he mumbled and the music started playing.  ;D

bateman

Quote from: shell88 on July 28, 2015, 10:17:45 AM

This. So much this. I am so glad I caught the beginning of last night's show.

popple

Can anyone with a hoagie sub tell me if they edit the shows before they upload them? They are perfect exactly the way they are! Made me laugh so hard in bed that my legs flew up in the air and I couldn't breathe.

chefist

Quote from: bateman on July 28, 2015, 01:53:48 PM
This. So much this. I am so glad I caught the beginning of last night's show.

Are you prepared to work 5 nights a week, Steve?  ;)

Oh, had a BLAST! with Aldous, his friends and Eddie last night! Wish you were there!

coaster

I havent got through a full show yet. Does Hoagland take calls? And if so, are they screened?

coaster

Quote from: chefist on July 28, 2015, 01:59:01 PM
Are you prepared to work 5 nights a week, Steve?  ;)

Oh, had a BLAST! with Aldous, his friends and Eddie last night! Wish you were there!
Sounds fun. I bet hanging out with aldous would be a hoot. He is a good dude.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on July 28, 2015, 02:19:00 PM
Sounds fun. I bet hanging out with aldous would be a hoot. He is a good dude.

OMG the time before the concert FLEW by! We had a blast at Alice Cooperstown! The 15 year old Macallan was kicking in for sure!

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on July 28, 2015, 02:17:55 PM
I havent got through a full show yet. Does Hoagland take calls? And if so, are they screened?
Hoagland doesn't have all the equipment installed yet to take callers, so he only has guests so far.
But he did mention last week he will have callers too soon.

popple

Quote from: Morgus on July 28, 2015, 03:23:26 PM
Hoagland doesn't have all the equipment installed yet to take callers, so he only has guests so far.
But he did mention last week he will have callers too soon.

He tried to take a call last night  ;D

astroguy

Who caught the last 22 minutes? As someone mentioned earlier, he completely steamrolled the guest with Pluto cities and such.  The guest seemed to be thinking, "we were reminiscing about the old days  of radio, 60 years ago, now WTF are you talking about.  I thought you were cool, but in stead you're a Dick."

And yes, I realize the nickname for the guest was also Dick.

astroguy

Quote from: popple on July 28, 2015, 03:50:06 PM
He tried to take a call last night  ;D
THAT was comedy gold.  The other stuff was annoying.  The trying to take a call was just ... wow.

ShayP

Richard C. Hoagland!!!...BRING ME OPEN LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

castromiller

Ohhhh YEAH!  RCH and open lines!  This is going to be hilarious, I am so glad I'm awake tonight!

castromiller

I really love that Time Traveler spot Art does, it's really funny. 

ShayP

I planned on going to bed before Art, and just listening tomorrow.  Nope.

5 hour energy followed by booze.

coaster

castromiller

And the throat cleaning begins!  The microphone glitch makes it sound like he's walking through ten feet of snow.