• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Anyone know whose version of  "High on the Mountain Top" Knapp played for his bumper, at about 1:35 am?  George didn't credit the band (which is unusual for him), and it was a very tasty version of this song.  Thanks.

Trivia:  it's an 1850's Latter Day Saints Hymn; originally named "Deseret", and is a standard in American Bluegrass.

Quote from: Étouffée on April 16, 2018, 02:55:59 AM
Anyone know whose version of  "High on the Mountain Top" Knapp played for his bumper, at about 1:35 am?  George didn't credit the band (which is unusual for him), and it was a very tasty version of this song.  Thanks.

Trivia:  it's an 1850's Latter Day Saints Hymn; originally named "Deseret", and is a standard in American Bluegrass.

I missed it, sorry.

Next week, David Paulides.   8)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 02:59:46 AM
Next week, David Paulides.   8)

Knapp and Paulides...like old times.  Nice.
Goodnight.

TigerLily

Should be another good Knapp Knight Knext Sunday with Paulides. Knight All

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on April 16, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

AZZERAE

Quote from: TigerLily on April 16, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

For real? Paulides next week??

How do you know this???

I've been awaiting his return for aeons!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2018, 11:31:28 PM
Your avatar reminded me of a random thought I had yesterday. If the Hindu types are right, I'm screwed. Also i thought it a bit mean, but sorta funny, when some random guy said "if you listen it sounds like many children screaming" to a random kid. (It doesn't but I thought an odd thing to do/say to some kid. But maybe an odd sense of humor or, as always my concern, keeps kids away from boiling pots.
Heh, heh.  The silence of the crawdads.

Quote from: Azzerae on April 16, 2018, 03:23:27 AM
For real? Paulides next week??

How do you know this???

I've been awaiting his return for aeons!

Knapp said Paulides was coming on next week.

Uncle Duke

After listening to Knapp's interview with Peter Robbins this morning, my first thought was Robbins, thankfully, must be back on his meds. That said, I was surprised to hear Robbins has distanced himself from his co-author Larry Warren relative to alleged disconnects/misrepresentations concerning his Rendlesham and related experiences.  Since Knapp only gave Robbins a few minutes to discuss this development, I went looking for further detail and found the following link.  For those interested, it includes a tome-like letter Robbins wrote to Warren, as well as Warren's response.  My advice is to find a comfortable chair and get some popcorn if you plan to read the entire thing.

http://sacha-christie-infomaniachousewife.blogspot.com/2017/06/peter-robbins-statement-regarding-larry.html

As for the interview itself,  I was disappointed Knapp or a caller failed to ask Robbins if his late sister ever had any children.  No shock to find Robbins is under psychiatric care, however.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 11:49:04 AM

Thanks man ... I didn't catch the show ... 'ppreciate it!

Has he had anything new to say since his first interview?

albrecht

Peter Robins under his breath says "Philip Glass, what an ass." According to IMDB Philip Glass composed for the show "UFO Files" (or they used one of his songs?) I wonder if that was where he questioned Robin's recollection as he saw another story and is misremembering?

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 02:31:20 PM
Peter Robins under his breath says "Philip Glass, what an ass." According to IMDB Philip Glass composed for the show "UFO Files" (or they used one of his songs?) I wonder if that was where he questioned Robin's recollection as he saw another story and is misremembering?
Wasn't he referring to arch debunker Philip Klass?

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on April 16, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
Wasn't he referring to arch debunker Philip Klass?

THAT makes a lot more sense. I must have misheard it.

Nebraska888

Excellent!!!  Can not wait!!!!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 16, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
After listening to Knapp's interview with Peter Robbins this morning, my first thought was Robbins, thankfully, must be back on his meds. That said, I was surprised to hear Robbins has distanced himself from his co-author Larry Warren relative to alleged disconnects/misrepresentations concerning his Rendlesham and related experiences.  Since Knapp only gave Robbins a few minutes to discuss this development, I went looking for further detail and found the following link.  For those interested, it includes a tome-like letter Robbins wrote to Warren, as well as Warren's response.  My advice is to find a comfortable chair and get some popcorn if you plan to read the entire thing.

http://sacha-christie-infomaniachousewife.blogspot.com/2017/06/peter-robbins-statement-regarding-larry.html

As for the interview itself,  I was disappointed Knapp or a caller failed to ask Robbins if his late sister ever had any children.  No shock to find Robbins is under psychiatric care, however.

Maybe Larry is working for the bad aliens? ???

ShayP

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 16, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
My advice is to find a comfortable chair and get some popcorn if you plan to read the entire thing.

Popcorn?  I need that converted into audio form so I can listen to it when I drive to Pennsylvania from Virginia.  :o  ;)  ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: ShayP on April 16, 2018, 08:31:41 PM
Popcorn?  I need that converted into audio form so I can listen to it when I drive to Pennsylvania from Virginia.  :o  ;)  ;D

:) :) :) :) :)

ShayP

DATE

Sunday - April 22, 2018

HOST

George Knapp

GUESTS

David Paulides, Sherry Anshara

David Paulides has been researching mysterious disappearances in U.S. national parks for over a decade with cases having eerie similarities. In the first half, he joins George Knapp for an update on new inexplicable instances.  Followed by Sherry Anshara, who was involved in an accident, and ended up 15 feet underwater in Connecticut. There she left her body and after a near-death-experience, her life completely changed and she lost everything. Anshara will discuss how this NDE helped her develop the Anshara Method - a process that reveals cellular memories that often hold the root cause of symptoms that have been recorded or imprinted since conception.

Nebraska888

Looking forward to the program, at least the first two hours.  Not sure about the second guest, but I am sure Knapp will make it interesting.

ItsOver

Same here, Neb.  After this week, I'm ready for a little Knapp and Paulides escapism. 

Always an interesting evening when DP stops by. AND I`m also looking forward to hearing about this young lady`s NDE,  a subject which I find particularly interesting.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 10:36:06 PM
  After this week, I'm ready for a little Knapp and Paulides escapism.

Hear; Hear!

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 10:36:06 PM
Same here, Neb.  After this week, I'm ready for a little Knapp and Paulides escapism.

Yes, friend!!!  Let it begin!

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 22, 2018, 10:38:08 PM
Always an interesting evening when DP stops by. AND I`m also looking forward to hearing about this young lady`s NDE,  a subject which I find particularly interesting.

I will be listening to her and will most likely be enlightened.

Time to start the coffee and uncork the Jameson`s. 8) Gotta be Irish coffee tonight. I may be a Knappyhead, but tonight I`m also a Sleepyhead.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 22, 2018, 10:50:03 PM
Time to start the coffee and uncork the Jameson`s. 8) Gotta be Irish coffee tonight. I may be a Knappyhead, but tonight I`m also a Sleepyhead.
Ha!  I've got chocolate chip cookies and milk.  A wild and crazy guy.