• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Nice to see so many people on Bellgab tonight.  Knapp is a class act, no doubt.  Very few people like him these days.  At least on the radio anyway.  I'm still a bit sad.  I was just thinking that I hoped Art didn't take fentanyl to ease his back pain.   Haven't heard so much of the last hour of the show as catching up on what people have posted on the Art Bell thread.  Caught up now.

Knapp should be doing MITD.

George..it was written FOR ART.

My God, R. LEE ERMEY is gone, too??

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 16, 2018, 12:09:16 AM
George..it was written FOR ART.

Heck yes!  Art adored Crystal!

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:08:16 AM
Nice to see so many people on Bellgab tonight.  Knapp is a class act, no doubt.  Very few people like him these days.  At least on the radio anyway.  I'm still a bit sad.  I was just thinking that I hoped Art didn't take fentanyl to ease his back pain.   Haven't heard so much of the last hour of the show as catching up on what people have posted on the Art Bell thread.  Caught up now.

Hi 21. I was listening to an archive on tunein and I don’t know the date. Art played an Elvis tune but I didn’t realize it was Elvis until right at the end. Art said that this song was not a typical Elvis song. Any idea what the song was?  I don’t think I have ever heard it as a bumper before.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:12:31 AM
Yep, pneumonia.

This is too much. Wow.

Somebody better see if Paladin is ok.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 16, 2018, 12:15:10 AM
This is too much. Wow.

Somebody better see if Paladin is ok.

I said in the Celebrity Deaths thread that if we never hear from him again we'll know it was him. ;)

I doubt it though. Paladin1991 has been VERY feisty lately. That and only the good die young.   ;)

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:08:16 AM
I was just thinking that I hoped Art didn't take fentanyl to ease his back pain.

Crikey!  With all the other things swirling about, that didn't even float near my transom!

Quite plausible.If Prince and Petty could die of it, AB sure can.

Falkie says Heather Wade has been doing animal sacrifice ceremonies at the compound, maybe a Friday the 13th holy day sacrifice was Art?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on April 16, 2018, 12:18:04 AM
You must have missed 'Repo Man'

Correct. In 1984 I had my head buried in Space Shuttle technical manuals.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:03:27 AM
I haven’t had any mudbugs this year. Yet.
Git em. Big this year. Lobsters. Harvey run-off? Ha. Fun times. New neighbor couple came. New baby n good folks n she encoiraged. He some kinda coder or something. Interesting how countemance changed when she came out around 2am n we are blasting Slayer n taking down tents, cleaning potsn n killing kegs n booze. Hahaha. She didn't say a word to us but glared at him. He crawfished quickly n spluttered apologizes about having to get home.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:20:07 AM

Imagine! Someone sacrificing all those cultural referrences to have a real life. It boggles the modern mind! :-\

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:12:34 AM
Hi 21. I was listening to an archive on tunein and I don’t know the date. Art played an Elvis tune but I didn’t realize it was Elvis until right at the end. Art said that this song was not a typical Elvis song. Any idea what the song was?  I don’t think I have ever heard it as a bumper before.

Do The Clam?  LOL. L'il joke. Gosh.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on since he pretty much straddled all themes and genres during his career.  I'm guessing it wasn't Charro or Mama Liked The Roses. Do you remember any of the lyrics?

COPD is the most probable cause.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:22:03 AM
Do The Clam?  LOL. L'il joke. Gosh.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on since he pretty much straddled all themes during his career.  I'm guessing it wasn't Charro or Mama Liked The Roses. Do you remember any of the lyrics?

Clambake! An Elvis highpoint!! ;D

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:20:07 AM

Then you definitely have to watch it for the space flight connection-

albrecht

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on April 16, 2018, 12:25:11 AM
Then you definitely have to watch it for the space flight connection-
And for the soundtrack!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 16, 2018, 12:21:48 AM
Imagine! Someone sacrificing all those cultural referrences to have a real life. It boggles the modern mind! :-\

And to think, the 4 years I was stationed in Omaha I wasted away going to UNO at night to get my bachelors degree. I did eat Runzas, feather bones and go to some college World Series games though. What else did I miss?

Elvis's most powerful song was probably An American Trilogy but I wouldn't call it atypical.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:22:03 AM
Do The Clam?  LOL. L'il joke. Gosh.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on since he pretty much straddled all themes during his career.  I'm guessing it wasn't Charro or Mama Liked The Roses. Do you remember any of the lyrics?

I dunno. I should probably ask Dyna-X.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
Elvis's most powerful song was probably An American Trilogy but I wouldn't call it atypical.

This song wasn’t a crooner and it wasn’t really rockabilly. Hard to describe.

Dr. MD MD

Damn it! My stream keeps going out on tunein. >:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 12:19:50 AM
Crikey!  With all the other things swirling about, that didn't even float near my transom!

Quite plausible.If Prince and Petty could die of it, AB sure can.

Falkie says Heather Wade has been doing animal sacrifice ceremonies at the compound, maybe a Friday the 13th holy day sacrifice was Art?

Richard Petty died too?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:32:28 AM

But it wasn't one of his earlier songs?

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on April 16, 2018, 12:23:27 AM
COPD is the most probable cause.

Yeah, ultimately it`s smoking that killed these guys. R Lee smoked like a Pittsburgh steel factory in full production. Ya just can`t do that, folks. It`s not going to end well for you.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:31:02 AM
And to think, the 4 years I was stationed in Omaha I wasted away going to UNO at night to get my bachelors degree. I did eat Runzas, feather bones and go to some college World Series games though. What else did I miss?

Bad music was a thing around then. Nintendo? Perfect Stragers? Not much, I guess.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 12:32:28 AM

Maybe If I Can Dream?.  50's Elvis or later Elvis?