• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 26, 2018, 01:09:20 AM
Of course, nowadays is it probably something more esoteric like “quantam data fusion forensic analysis and dissemination”

i.e. loads snack machine

Uncle Duke

Quote from: TigerLily on February 26, 2018, 01:15:40 AM
Emailed

Knapp seems frustrated with some of his answers, almost like he's not answering the questions asked.

The program was only funded between 2012 - 2017. With a paltry $22M. About $4+M/ year. In DOD terms, that`s just about enough to fund a decent coffee supply for the office over 5 years.

TigerLily

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2018, 01:17:34 AM
Knapp seems frustrated with some of his answers, almost like he's not answering the questions asked.

He's too long-winded getting to point. Just the time, please. Don't need to know how to build the watch

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 26, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
The program was only funded between 2012 - 2017. With a paltry $22M. About $4+M/ year. In DOD terms, that`s just about enough to fund a decent coffee supply for the office over 5 years.

Correction; funded between 2007 - 2012.

Did he work pro bono the last 5 years??

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 26, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
Somewhere I read they had over 40 people. They probably weren’t all fulltime but I still smell a porkbarrell earmark.

Quote from: TigerLily on February 26, 2018, 01:19:49 AM
He's too long-winded getting to point. Just the time, please. Don't need to know how to build the watch

GravitySucks

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 26, 2018, 01:20:14 AM
Correction; funded between 2007 - 2012.

Did he work pro bono the last 5 years??

I think Bigelow funded him but they must have kept the program open or he could not have kept his clearance.

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 26, 2018, 01:22:50 AM
Somewhere I read they had over 40 people. They probably weren’t all fulltime but I still smell a porkbarrell earmark.

From Wikipedia:

"Initiated by then U.S. Senator Harry Reid (D-Nevada) to study unexplained aerial phenomena at the urging of Reid's friend, Nevada businessman and governmental contractor Robert Bigelow,[6] and with support from the late Senators Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), the program began in the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2007 and ended after five years, with a budget of $22 million spread out over five years."

GravitySucks

I am just going on record that I believe the video released so far was captured in a high fidelity simulator. If you look at the clouds in the IR image as the F-18 turns the patterns of the clouds are too symmetrical. It seems to me like a repetitive pattern created by a scene generator

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on February 26, 2018, 01:11:58 AM
I'm kinda iffy on this guest, but Knapp's keeping me interested as usual.  Sometimes I forget what a real host sounds like!  Anyway enjoy all, I'm retiring to my warm offline cubbyhole for the rest of the show.

Who was that masked squirrel? I forgot to thank him

I can attest to the "something in the water" scenario. I once viewed a Soviet message requesting information from  Leningrad re: a "subsurface anomaly of concern."

No idea what it could be. 8)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 26, 2018, 01:22:50 AM

Yep. Pretty sure that $22M was plus-up money, and $4.4M/yr would be within a rounding error in the DoD.  Everything I've heard tonight confirms my initial suspicion, a small time pork program.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 26, 2018, 01:29:27 AM
I am just going on record that I believe the video released so far was captured in a high fidelity simulator. If you look at the clouds in the IR image as the F-18 turns the patterns of the clouds are too symmetrical. It seems to me like a repetitive pattern created by a scene generator

buzzkill

TigerLily

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2018, 01:36:41 AM
Yep. Pretty sure that $22M was plus-up money, and $4.4M/yr would be within a rounding error in the DoD.  Everything I've heard tonight confirms my initial suspicion, a small time pork program.

buzzkill II

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 26, 2018, 01:33:52 AM
I can attest to the "something in the water" scenario. I once viewed a Soviet message requesting information from  Leningrad re: a "subsurface anomaly of concern."

No idea what it could be. 8)

Paul Stonehill has told similar stories.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2018, 01:36:41 AM

It was a favor for Harry "porky" Reid`s numero uno financier, Big Bob Bigelow. End of story.

Uncle Duke

That's what I said here when this story broke back in the fall.

Looks like no calls are going to be taken, I'm calling it a night.  Will listen to Greenwald later.  Goodnight all.

Uncle Duke

"I'm not against God."  Good to know, Luis.

TigerLily

Going dark for the second half. Night all

GravitySucks

The project bluebook stuff I read in the AF was classified.

I liked the second half.  Worth staying up for.

See y`all in couple weeks. 8)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 26, 2018, 02:30:24 AM
The project bluebook stuff I read in the AF was classified.

Was it means/sources rather than event reported that caused the classification?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2018, 11:53:16 AM
Was it means/sources rather than event reported that caused the classification?

I read it in 75, after the project was over. I am not sure which part or parts I read. I remember a pale blue cover. I am guessing the classification was secret. It had to be classified or we would not have been allowed to keep it in our safe.

I remember being very disappointed. Lots of grainy b&w photos and some data tables and charts. I don’t remember any specifics 

TigerLily

Disappointed in the Elizondo interview. He took up all of Knapp's interview time talking a lot but saying nothing. George didn't have a chance with Luis' meanderings and all the commercial breaks to get into any real substance. I'm sure George was frustrated.

However, the second half was great.  Prolly three weeks until another Knapp Night. Can we survive the suckage in the meantime?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: TigerLily on February 26, 2018, 12:37:28 PM
Disappointed in the Elizondo interview. He took up all of Knapp's interview time talking a lot but saying nothing. George didn't have a chance with Luis' meanderings and all the commercial breaks to get into any real substance. I'm sure George was frustrated.

However, the second half was great.  Prolly three weeks until another Knapp Night. Can we survive the suckage in the meantime?

Elizondo came off as a self promoting lightweight who overstated his part time role in a small time pork program, the purpose of which he has been deliberately misrepresenting.  Nick Pope has done pretty much the same thing, but he does it with much more style and class.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2018, 02:02:43 PM
Elizondo came off as a self promoting lightweight who overstated his part time role in a small time pork program, the purpose of which he has been deliberately misrepresenting.  Nick Pope has done pretty much the same thing, but he does it with much more style and class.

At the least Luis could use the added credibility of an authoritative British accent.