• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

wr250

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 27, 2014, 02:37:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing last night - From QVC to C2C by way of Dr. Mulder's Wishing Machine and Mysterious Helmet.  She needs to dial it down a bit, too.  The eagerest, neediest, friskiest puppy is a model of restraint compared to her.
and tonight we get the meek,mild,lovenlight,newage  lisa garr.

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2014, 03:29:32 PM
Show last night was pretty bad. The one previous was ok. But this A-Z paranormal schtick is awful especially how she always chimes in with a "ooooo" after the horrible guest says something. For me "O" didn't mean occult, orbs, or "open calls" (as she calls open lines) but "O" for "off."

"O" also stood for Old Time Radio, which I switched to after about half an hour.  I found this station a few weeks ago, and it plays some great detective and sci-fi shows.

http://radio.macinmind.com/

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 03:33:22 PM
and tonight we get the meek,mild,lovenlight,newage  lisa garr.

The relentlessly bubbly Chakra Kahn.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 27, 2014, 04:08:41 PM
"O" also stood for Old Time Radio, which I switched to after about half an hour.  I found this station a few weeks ago, and it plays some great detective and sci-fi shows.

http://radio.macinmind.com/
Yes, I've been listening that that station for some time. Love OTR. FYI for others on TuneIn (etc) the station shows up as "AM 1710 Antioch".

scottydawg

Jezus Freekin" Keerist! WTF was that last night, Rainbow Brite on Speed? ::) Well the show has really gone in the shitter now. I like to listen to the show at night to break the monotony while on patrol. But this dingbat, then Lisa Garr tonite, "Oh Hell NO! >:( "
Guess I'm showing my age, but this time of night is Man Territory. Real Men who go hunting, fishing, arm wrestling and did some time in the military. Men who have seen weird and freeky stuff out in the woods or out at sea. ( I loved the Dog Watch at sea, the beauty of a million stars out at night, knowing which satellites would be going overhead at which times, seeing constellations in the Southern skies.) Art served in the USAF and could relate well with guests who were in the military. Even Jorch's time in the P.A. office in the Navy is a small asset. But now we're stuck with Airhead Angel bimbos at night? Call the Fat Lady to sing and stick a fork into C2C it's done!

Dateline

I don't mind women hosting.  Give me Linda Moulton Howe, even Katherine Albrecht, but I cannot take women putting on the ditz, as in being ditzy.  These subjects are prone to ridicule sometimes anyway, and you don't need a host that adds to that ridicule.

No Name Storm

Quote from: Dateline on December 27, 2014, 09:35:10 PM
I don't mind women hosting.  Give me Linda Moulton Howe, even Katherine Albrecht, but I cannot take women putting on the ditz, as in being ditzy.  These subjects are prone to ridicule sometimes anyway, and you don't need a host that adds to that ridicule.

I like Linda Moulton Howe and wouldn't mind giving her a real hosting gig. Doubt she'd want that. Don't think she wants to be in that deep with C2C or Premiere Crap Radio.

albrecht

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 27, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
I like Linda Moulton Howe and wouldn't mind giving her a real hosting gig. Doubt she'd want that. Don't think she wants to be in that deep with C2C or Premiere Crap Radio.
I like LMH a lot but I can't see here doing it. For one she likes to be active, investigating, and interviewing people. A second, she is not getting any younger and a daily grind of corporate bs and retard callers (and a staff of sycophantic, lazy people) wouldn't be healthy. Also she is a little to accepting- all good for a reporter with time for tape-recordings and review. But "live" I think she might exhibit a little bit too much credulity and would be taken in by every guest or ever caller. Norry does also, "of course" "that's true", but I think he doesn't really because he isn't listening he just trots out those lines "of course", "indeed", "that's true" as rote lines. LMH actually listens to her subjects and so might find it hard for the guests and callers these days.

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2014, 10:12:38 PM
I like LMH a lot but I can't see here doing it. For one she likes to be active, investigating, and interviewing people. A second, she is not getting any younger and a daily grind of corporate bs and retard callers (and a staff of sycophantic, lazy people) wouldn't be healthy. Also she is a little to accepting- all good for a reporter with time for tape-recordings and review. But "live" I think she might exhibit a little bit too much credulity and would be taken in by every guest or ever caller. Norry does also, "of course" "that's true", but I think he doesn't really because he isn't listening he just trots out those lines "of course", "indeed", "that's true" as rote lines. LMH actually listens to her subjects and so might find it hard for the guests and callers these days.
==================================================================
Heilsa,All!
I once more yust want to throw in my deperciated $00.00000002 worth about the obvious gynocracy adherents and victims of tosterone poisoning here,as well as in the executive suites at chancelor,i-heart radio,etc...
For some obscure reason,the obvious factoid that the moon is usually associated in myths as far back as sumeria and akkad,not to mention,greece..with the fair sex.
Lunar topicality,the night,and twilight-witching hours are almost universally associated with feminine issues clearly in history and myth.
That said,why are'nt many of the members of this forum more pro-'Churchez La Femme'??
It seems to me,if an real lady is hosting(vs.'tuck-n-roll'yob,a la Xtine Jorgenson,etc.)
suddenly,it's all hands on deck,the end of rational thought,and no holds barred mud-slinging,nasty sailor spews,you can fill in the blanks.
I like Mz.Willis,and thought the grown-up psychic kid's responses a-z were o.k.for the show.
I still want to shout out for putting Mz.Howe on more,and actually would like her to co-host on'Dork Matters'if it gets hot.
Ditto on other,competitor networked shout shows.
So there,boyo's.
"B_B"

BattyBrooke

A lycandroid? I've never heard of such a thing but it does sound scary as hell.

zeebo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 12, 2015, 12:25:28 AM
A lycandroid? I've never heard of such a thing but it does sound scary as hell.

I think the belief in these kinds of critters is proportional to how far out in the woods you are, how dark it is, and how alone you are.  Sure I wanna make some Reptoids vs. Lycandroids joke, but next time I'm out on a long hike by myself I'm sure I'll be lookin' over my shoulder for "wolfens" n' such.

AvDaBr

From what I'm hearing I can only conclude that Monsanto is behind the muscle bound Lycandroids.

"Copperhead Road" is a really good song on a serious note.

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2015, 12:45:45 AM
I think the belief in these kinds of critters is proportional to how far out in the woods you are, how dark it is, and how alone you are.  Sure I wanna make some Reptoids vs. Lycandroids joke, but next time I'm out on a long hike by myself I'm sure I'll be lookin' over my shoulder for "wolfens" n' such.

I'll stick to my fear of wolves, cougars, bears, and the occasional spider ;D .

This is worth a dozen Noory-Dames interviews.

Scully

Tip to C2C hosting newbies:  When a guest tells you that when it gets dark outside they lock the doors, don't cackle and tell them how funny that is.  This is a show for people who like to entertain the spookiness of such tales.

Tip to female hosting newbies:  Quit playing up your "femininity."  You turn off men and women alike. You're a host, not a "cutie" for at least the time you're playing at journalism.  :-*

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 12, 2015, 02:30:27 AM
This is worth a dozen Noory-Dames interviews.

Yeah, without question.

Love his visitation of ET bases in Australia and how people can use "remote viewing" to "heal themself (sic)."

I notice that the forward to his book is written by fellow kook Texan Jim Marrs.

Now he's talking about the technology trade we have concluded with aliens.

He also saw Jesus.

I guess it would all be rather impressive if you weren't too educated.

Dateline

Yeah Toots, Coast is not Bunny Club Rehab.  You don't just take the ears and tail off and scoot into the Captains' Chair.

Professionalism is the key as mentioned above.  She has turned me off with her presentation after the first show and I have not tuned in since.  Maybe my comment was not professional advise.  I'll change the tone when it gets more fitting.

Quote from: Dateline on January 12, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
Yeah Toots, Coast is not Bunny Club Rehab.  You don't just take the ears and tail off and scoot into the Captains' Chair.

Professionalism is the key as mentioned above.  She has turned me off with her presentation after the first show and I have not tuned in since.  Maybe my comment was not professional advise.  I'll change the tone when it gets more fitting

...but...but...
but...

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 12, 2015, 01:32:38 AM
I'll stick to my fear of wolves, cougars, bears, and the occasional spider ;D .

Jeez, I'm a-scared of all those too.  It's amazing I ever leave my safe little doomsday bunker.   :-\

zeebo

Quote from: Scully on January 12, 2015, 02:43:45 AM
Tip to C2C hosting newbies:  When a guest tells you that when it gets dark outside they lock the doors, don't cackle and tell them how funny that is.  This is a show for people who like to entertain the spookiness of such tales....

Yep, I actually find Ms. Connie kind of personable, but she's gotta be a little less informal and giggly when she's addressing such fringe topics c2c is known for.  However, I did giggle a bit myself during the "bodybuilder wolfman" segment so I guess I'll give her some slack on that one.

UFQuack

I heard some of this show--here and there, I think she did a real sloppy job as host, just awful. Oh and she kept speaking on behalf of her guest and remote viewing instead of asking him what he thinks--extremely annoying!

Nebraska888

Quote from: UFQuack on January 12, 2015, 05:04:54 PM
I heard some of this show--here and there, I think she did a real sloppy job as host, just awful. Oh and she kept speaking on behalf of her guest and remote viewing instead of asking him what he thinks--extremely annoying!

AGREED.

yumyumtree

This first hour guest was so out there, as soon as I heard "Nazis" and "supersoldier" I wanted her to be on for two hours and the following guest on for one hour less. Especially in view of the number of callers and emails Connie claimed she was generating.  Can you envision the movie--"Hellboy" meets "Twilight."

b_dubb

Hellboy meets Twilight .... I cannot imagine that movie. Thankfully.

I like the Hellboy movies

yumyumtree

Quote from: b_dubb on January 16, 2015, 01:00:42 AM
Hellboy meets Twilight .... I cannot imagine that movie. Thankfully.

I like the Hellboy movies
[/quoteI had heard that they were good, the first one, anyway.  I started watching it, but I think I needed to see it on a bigger screen because I lost interest.  I need to try again now that I have a bigger screen. But that was the concept, right?  Some kind of nazi super-soldier?

I made the Twilight connection because of werewolves, but she made abundantly clear that they weren't werewolves, so I suppose that's not fair.

popple

Connie needs to help her fellow QVC'ers out!

http://youtu.be/DcP0beJ95oY

-"It almost looks like what the earth looks like when you're a bazillion miles away from the planet Moon"
-"Yes...from the planet Moon"
-"Isn't the Moon a star?" "No, the Moon is a planet darling."
-"Is the sun not a star?" "I don't know what the sun is. We don't know what the sun is."

Can they handle the moon being a satellite?

ItsOver

"Welcome to Moron Trivia!"

zeebo

At the library the other day, I walked right past "The Best of Connie Wilis".  I figured it must be the sci-fi writer, not the quirky sometimes c2c host.  However, I left it a mystery, imagining that instead of thought-provoking stories of the future, the book actually contained nacho recipes, cable tv shopping tips, and assorted things-that-make-ya-giggle.

SheilaVG

Quote from: DanTSX on October 18, 2014, 11:14:50 PM
She seems pretty comfortable, but she wants us to send a Pizza.  Hope she likes anchovies.  Because I do.

Has a Rolleye James Female Gym Teacher voice though.  But I liked Rolleye.

At least she isn't the goofy crystal power/yoga/herbal snuff GIAM ding dong they had a few other recent times now.

I'm beginning to dread hearing either of these ladies almost as much as I dread the sound of Snoory's voice.