• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Heather Wade

"You and Lisa are bringing this community to a whole 'nother higher level."   :(

Did the caller just say 'it's a forest field?'

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 19, 2014, 02:48:04 AM
Did the caller just say 'it's a forest field?'

Must be George's relatives calling in.

zeebo

Guest just said "These Coast to Coast callers are solid thinkers".  Instant credibility evaporation.

zeebo

Ms. Willis said she wants to do the ayahuasca route in S. America.  Once Noory finds out it's stronger than chocolate milk he's gonna have a problem with her.

The bishop was quite a suck-up but I guess he's a friend.

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

I'm outta here. G'night.

Heather Wade

No mention of Art at the end of the show is criminal.  But, I do understand that he may not want his name associated with... whatever that was.  It was like listening in on a beer-fueled conversation at a bar, with commercials.  It wasn't radio.

ZHero

I tuned out Cannabis-Connie after the first hour and listened to a Ground Zero rebroadcast. Connie was awful.  By yall's post, it doesn't sound like I missed much.  'Night 'Gabbers!

Still ten times better than Wells.

DanTSX

Quote from: zeebo on October 19, 2014, 01:54:44 AM
From the start, she did kinda sound like that lady at the end of the bar who'll talk about anything and sometimes blurts out odd giggles and yelps.

They can be useful at 2.am.

DanTSX

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 19, 2014, 02:50:26 AM
Must be George's relatives calling in.

Wow, and Art quit abruptly because only truckers and austrauloids called his show.

Dateline

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 19, 2014, 03:02:02 AM
No mention of Art at the end of the show is criminal.  But, I do understand that he may not want his name associated with... whatever that was.  It was like listening in on a beer-fueled conversation at a bar, with commercials.  It wasn't radio.

It was not radio.  I turned in out of curiosity, was not hearing an interview, but match.com jokes and strange screams that were not funny or amusing, and I will not be turning it back on.  There are just too many choices out there.

VtaGeezer

Chuckles Willis lacks the chops for C2C and was, I thought, the most lightweight host in memory.  I thought she sounded more like what you'd hear on a local morning show, not one where the host is expected to be tuned-in to, if not conversant on the topics.  I wondered too if she hadn't toked a bit more than necessary to settle her nerves.  I give Long credit for being up front about his mail-order "ordination" and not being in or sanctioned by the Roman Catholic Church. He was better than I expected once he got past the stumbles about  credentials. He actually made some pretty interesting points about demons and showed more depth than the typical C2C exorcist. But Willis wouldn't go past the superficial and sensational.  When she asked Long to describe "the creepy stuff" she became embarrassing.

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 19, 2014, 11:14:47 AM
Chuckles Willis lacks the chops for C2C and was, I thought, the most lightweight host in memory.  I thought she sounded more like what you'd hear on a local morning show, not one where the host is expected to be tuned-in to, if not conversant on the topics.  I wondered too if she hadn't toked a bit more than necessary to settle her nerves.  I give Long credit for being up front about his mail-order "ordination" and not being in or sanctioned by the Roman Catholic Church. He was better than I expected once he got past the stumbles about  credentials. He actually made some pretty interesting points about demons and showed more depth than the typical C2C exorcist. But Willis wouldn't go past the superficial and sensational.  When she asked Long to describe "the creepy stuff" she became embarrassing.

Well said......my sentiments exactly.  She's too "happy happy" for Coast.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 19, 2014, 03:26:10 AM
Still ten times better than Wells.

And she deserves some credit for not slipping chakras into the conversation.  I have a feeling this show was an audition, and Lisa Garr is being not so subtly eased toward the C2C exit portal.

Nick el Ass

Not all that good, but I think George was squirming when she opened the show by mentioning she wanted a pizza with pepperoni & SAUSAGE in a somewhat seductive manner. In the end she was better than Noory, and actually listened to what he guest had to say while asking some fairly good follow ups. The food comments just made me hungry.

WOTR

I got in the car and just heard her announce her name before it went to commercial.  I spent a few minutes in the store, came out and it was another commercial.  By the time I drove home I had heard roughly 1 minute of her (I left the station tuned in wanting to see how a different host would be.)

Commercial 2 commercial radio made it a little difficult for me to judge her as a host.  I had meant to tune in once i got home- but quickly forgot and started cooking instead.  From the little I heard of her she sounded alright- but one minute is not long enough to tell and the comments here have been less than favourable...  I actually came here today because I was holding out hope that there would be glowing reviews and that we may have found somebody on the weekends who did not completely suck aside from Knapp.)

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 19, 2014, 12:25:41 AM
Anybody else check out her bio at c2c?  She's working with a Dr. Muldur in producing 'Wish Machines."  They make your wishes come true! 
I gotta have 295 bux in the cushions of my sofa.....
Was it Morton who produced a wishing machine which was a box full of wires and switches with no power source?  As I recall, his was closer to $500... and you got at least $2 worth of copper wire if you ever took it in for scrap.  I have to confess that I now have less respect for her than almost any other host.  Anybody producing a "wishing machine" and selling it to people who are desperate for hundreds of $ actually turns my stomach a little.  Perhaps they can sell it to patients with terminal cancer as a package deal.  Well could toss in his radiation detector to show people how bad Chemo is for them, Noory could throw in some Turmeric and pamphlet about how you should stop taking your drugs and Willis can add the wishing machine all for a small, one time charge of $1000.  It has to be a one time charge because you do not want to extend credit to a terminal patient when you have to rely on your wishing machine to keep them alive...

Quote from: wotr1 on October 19, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

Was it Morton who produced a wishing machine which was a box full of wires and switches with no power source?  As I recall, his was closer to $500... and you got at least $2 worth of copper wire if you ever took it in for scrap.  I have to confess that I now have less respect for her than almost any other host.  Anybody producing a "wishing machine" and selling it to people who are desperate for hundreds of $ actually turns my stomach a little. 

Yeah, but if you order the "Cat's Meow" package, you get an antenna and Dr. Mulder's mysterious wooden helmet for $455!  He's talking mysterious helmet here!  Where are you going to find a better deal?

http://drmulderswishingmachine.com/product/dr-mulders-cats-meow-with-dr-mulders-mysterious-helmet/

Here's Connie talking about the wishing machine on CNN's iReport site in a video "Not verified by CNN."  She was so excited about it she forgot to turn off the TV.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1147289

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 19, 2014, 12:31:45 PM
And she deserves some credit for not slipping chakras into the conversation....

Well, yep, I'll give her that much.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 19, 2014, 12:31:45 PM
... the C2C exit portal.

Sponsored by TaintCo.

Beyond Bleef

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 19, 2014, 12:24:54 AM
I have to agree.  He can call himself Catholic but there's no way the Catholic Church sanctions his order.

He said every bishop is autonomous.  I take that to mean each "Old Catholic" church does whatever it wants.

I listened for about 10 minutes and turned it off.  Not only is he not in the same ballpark as Fr. Malachi Martin, he's not in the same county.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 19, 2014, 02:49:17 PM
Yeah, but if you order the "Cat's Meow" package, you get an antenna and Dr. Mulder's mysterious wooden helmet for $455!  He's talking mysterious helmet here!  Where are you going to find a better deal?

http://drmulderswishingmachine.com/product/dr-mulders-cats-meow-with-dr-mulders-mysterious-helmet/

Here's Connie talking about the wishing machine on CNN's iReport site in a video "Not verified by CNN."  She was so excited about it she forgot to turn off the TV.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1147289

"Dr. Mulder went on to say his devices are based on the Double Slit Experiment which deals with quantum mechanics. Basically, when matter is observed is [sic] behaves differently. By tuning his machine for a wish, he claims the machine acts like an observer. This allegedly changes reality, to the intended wish."

Greeeaaaaat....

Quote from: wotr1 on October 19, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

Was it Morton who produced a wishing machine which was a box full of wires and switches with no power source?  As I recall, his was closer to $500... and you got at least $2 worth of copper wire if you ever took it in for scrap. 

Are you thinking of Joshua P. Warren?  He's offering them for $195, and if you purchase one today shipping and handling is free within the U.S.  Wonder what he has against foreigners?

http://www.wishingmachineproject.com/

Uncle Duke

She sounded a great deal like Ellen DeGeneres to me, so I found her annoying.

nextgen.fm

She will host more now!

More time off for George so he can pursue his real goal

NEWS ANCHOR FOR THE NIGHTLY NEWS

albrecht

Ok, at least a break from George, in the idea I used to use in school etc. And I think how politicians thinks: If you set the bar low than "everything" is progress and improvement. (Don't "ace" the first test etc.) But she seemed very hungry.  Couldn't George at least leave some pizza roles or a turkey sammich around (or send to her by take-out?) She kept mentioning how she wanted pizza and then several statements about wanting cheese-steaks. Made me hungry. But weird radio conversation. Is C2C deciding to use the Jack-n-The-Box marketing campaign idea and promoting to stoners?

Dateline

Quote from: nextgen.fm on October 19, 2014, 08:06:49 PM
She will host more now!

More time off for George so he can pursue his real goal

NEWS ANCHOR FOR THE NIGHTLY NEWS

He is already an anchor man according to him, he was in the Navy.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Beyond Bleef on October 19, 2014, 04:15:02 PM
He said every bishop is autonomous.  I take that to mean each "Old Catholic" church does whatever it wants.
Yeah...but they get to wear those all those cool RC vestments and everyone gets to be a bishop!   ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: Nick el Ass on October 19, 2014, 12:53:07 PM
Not all that good, but I think George was squirming when she opened the show by mentioning she wanted a pizza with pepperoni & SAUSAGE in a somewhat seductive manner. In the end she was better than Noory, and actually listened to what he guest had to say while asking some fairly good follow ups. The food comments just made me hungry.
Do you think the pizza comments made George's mouth burn for a taste?

WOTR

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 19, 2014, 05:02:39 PM
Are you thinking of Joshua P. Warren?  He's offering them for $195, and if you purchase one today shipping and handling is free within the U.S.  Wonder what he has against foreigners?

http://www.wishingmachineproject.com/
My apologies... I could not recall which jackass guest was selling them- and I could only recall that I was shocked at the price for what amounts to nothing.  It appears that both wishing machines are very similar.  Perhaps I should purchase one and see if I can wish George off the air?