• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

She seems to be getting better, more focused now, surpassing Noory.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Glutton For Punishment on October 19, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

A marshmallow could surpass Noory.   :D 

Lisa Garr better start sending out resumes, because it looks like C2C is starting to audition replacements.

Good lord, I haven't heard State of Shock since 1983 or'84. Not a bad song but Jackson never seemed to have the machismo to carry off a sexually aggressive song.

PChirp

PChirp

"Did she see anything or just feel it?", Connie Willis   ;D

She is getting better but still not really the type I want to see hosting Coast on a regular basis. She is better than Noory. 

paladin1991

oh goodie!  When we return we'll hear something really scary!  I was falling asleep.  I'll stick around a few more minutes.

zeebo

Quote from: Glutton For Punishment on October 19, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

I dunno she just used one of Noory's fave question boilerplates .... "Of all the xxxx you've xxxx what is the number one most xxxx of them all?"

Her mannerisms get a little irritating after a while.  I wonder if she likes to take a nip every now and then.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 19, 2014, 01:49:37 AM
Her mannerisms get a little irritating after a while.  I wonder if she likes to take a nip every now and then.

From the start, she did kinda sound like that lady at the end of the bar who'll talk about anything and sometimes blurts out odd giggles and yelps.

Heather Wade

She is way too happy.  Bateman could knock this interview out of the park.

paladin1991

Alright.  I'm done here.  Night everyone.  Even you jackstar.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 19, 2014, 01:55:08 AM
She is way too happy.  Bateman could knock this interview out of the park.

Yeah she's enthusiastic/loopy in kind of a weird way, and what's with the bumper music - it's way out-of-sync with the subject matter.  This one could use the bateman touch.

Heather Wade

Wait... Material Girl... we're talking about demons, wha...?  It's not right!!  Followed by Texas Superfood.  Don't know if I want to bang my head with a hammer, or have someone just drop a piano on me.

Scully

I was very hopeful about Willis when I watched 20 minutes of the video Cweb provided yesterday on the GNS thread.  I still think she COULD do a reasonable hosting job, if she had the right guidance. Of course, she ain't gonna get no useful guidance from the cretins she's working with.

She's acting like silly little Miss Merry Sunshine and using bumper music that is far from the haunting and mysterious stuff Art used so well.

It's almost Hallowe'en, for pete's sake.  When are we gonna get some creepy stuff?  If you can't make UFO's and exorcism creepy, you may be on the wrong program, Ms. Willis.  :P

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 19, 2014, 02:11:58 AM
Wait... Material Girl... we're talking about demons, wha...?  It's not right!!  Followed by Texas Superfood.  Don't know if I want to bang my head with a hammer, or have someone just drop a piano on me.

I've gotta think "Walkin' on Sunshine" is next.

zeebo

Quote from: Scully on October 19, 2014, 02:12:12 AM
...If you can't make UFO's and exorcism creepy, you may be on the wrong program, Ms. Willis.  :P

So far all this show's done is give me the munchies for chow mein and cheesesteaks.

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on October 19, 2014, 02:13:16 AM
I've gotta think "Walkin' on Sunshine" is next.

or "Pink Cadillac", the absurdity is strong with this one.

popple

Lets take all the interviews, and give them to Bateman!

bateman

Quote from: popple on October 19, 2014, 02:23:55 AM
Lets take all the interviews, and give them to Bateman!

Oh Popple, I can only dream of interviewing the likes of Ty Bollinger.

Oh good lord.  The caller who likes to exorcise every person he meets.  Connie should have axed the caller after 30 seconds.

popple

Quote from: bateman on October 19, 2014, 02:29:41 AM
Oh Popple, I can only dream of interviewing the likes of Ty Bollinger.

DREAMS CAN COME TREWWWWW  ;D

bateman

P.S. Roger Stone is actually on with me tomorrow. His new book is beeyond bleef.

To be fair to Connie, she made a comment that leads me to believe she is not picking the bumpers tonight. 

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 19, 2014, 02:33:06 AM
To be fair to Connie ....

Now why you wanna go ruin our fun.   :P    :D

Heather Wade

*facepalm* "You Shook Me" was one of my guesses for the What Ridiculous Song Will Connie Play Next game.   ::)

The only thing about this show that is mildly entertaining is the incredible suckage.

zeebo

"The night's just getting going ... but we've only got a little time left."  I fear Noory's had some kind of influence on her already.  Hopefully she can snap out of it.

popple

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 19, 2014, 02:33:06 AM
To be fair to Connie, she made a comment that leads me to believe she is not picking the bumpers tonight.

Who is trying to sabotage our dear Connie?

Good lord, the 'tards are calling in droves tonight.  I must be a bigger 'tard to actually continue listening to it.  :-[