• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Uncle Duke

I find her giggling off putting as well, but I actually like Connie's interviews.  She reminds me of Ian Punnett, more of a right-brain type who tends to ask more esoteric questions than the who/what/when/where we get from the other C2C hosts who come from a news background.  Being left brained, I don't think of the questions a host like Ian or Connie ask.  This can be frustrating when they don't ask what I think is an obvious question, but is frequently thought provoking in that their line of questioning opens discussion points I'd never have considered.

Nebraska888

Connie is terrible.  The giggling is terrible too.

zeebo

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on September 06, 2015, 01:41:02 AM
The buttocks were on your face, Les? ...

Haha I'm sorry I missed this one.

VtaGeezer

WTF is the matter the production people to allow a decent subject like Stroud call in as a guest on a nationwide show with a 99 Cent Store phone?

Chad Jacobs

I thought Connie did a wonderful job on this interview.  Les was comfortable, opened up and revealed experiences, perspectives and opinions before which I had not heard or considered.  Like all the hosts she has her strengths and weaknesses, but she was sincere, gave a good effort, and knew a good deal about the subject matter.  I haven't heard her enough to form a definitive opinion of her hosting abilities, but  at least for this guest on this show she was excellent.

RoseGirl

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on September 06, 2015, 01:41:02 AM
The buttocks were on your face, Les?

Connie, you idiot.

I can get you a dental dam, dude.

popple

Gnoory has just been keeping his seat warm for Connie all these years.

Quote from: zeebo on September 06, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
Haha I'm sorry I missed this one.

Already on YouTube. I'd find the minute mark for you but once was enough.

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on September 06, 2015, 09:26:04 PM
I thought Connie did a wonderful job on this interview.  Les was comfortable, opened up and revealed experiences, perspectives and opinions before which I had not heard or considered.  Like all the hosts she has her strengths and weaknesses, but she was sincere, gave a good effort, and knew a good deal about the subject matter.  I haven't heard her enough to form a definitive opinion of her hosting abilities, but  at least for this guest on this show she was excellent.

Wow, different strokes I guess. I thought she was smarmy and ingratiating to the point of disgustation (to borrow a JC-ism).

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on September 06, 2015, 11:35:48 PM
Wow, different strokes I guess. I thought she was smarmy and ingratiating to the point of disgustation (to borrow a JC-ism).
Let me give you a specific example. Les described seeing four very bright lights in the sky on the same night where he had some weird things take place with his cameras which were trained on apples in trees (Bigfoot bait if you will).  He also told of how the same night indeed within the same couple of hours while sleeping in his sleeping bag that he awoke suddenly to the feeling of something sitting on his rib cage which prevented him from moving.  As someone who has watched Les for many, many years on his Survivor man show and considered him to be about as "straight laced" as Andy Griffith these were "risky" revelations (in fact he told C. Willis that he didn't include them in the shows due to anticipated friction from producers who would consider them too fantastic they were already giving him grief he said about his departure from the strictly hominid/ape hypothesis for Bigfoot).  My point here is that he was comfortable enough with her (to her credit) to reveal these things and she also told her own fairly fantastic story of an encounter while camping in a "pop up" trailer in Alabama.  I will grant you that she comes across as gushy certainly compared to the sardonic, wit of say Art Bell (who no doubt would have also probably gotten Les to fess up as well), but George Noory would have probably taken the conversation in the direction of well who the heck knows maybe where Les would be doing his next public appearance, music jamb or how he felt about natural health and vaccinations.  Connie kept him on point and if anything got him more "invested" publicly in the paranormal (as opposed to someone like Josh Gates who after Destination Truth basically emerged as highly skeptical of the paranormal  certainly compared with much of his demeanor during the run of that show where he seemed to have quite a few interesting experiences).  Willis got Les to not "take the safe route" and expose more of himself than might have otherwise been the case. This is one mark of a good interviewer/host.

pate

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on September 07, 2015, 02:17:26 AM

sleeping in his sleeping bag

"... sleeping on my pillow ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ighSddnnaPE

Got lost after that part...

ediot:

on point

Fergot that bit, Chad!  Great Work!

ziznak

whoa les stroud!!!  how was the show?

just started listeneeeen

Uncle Duke

Let me give you a specific example. Les described seeing four very bright lights in the sky on the same night where he had some weird things take place with his cameras which were trained on apples in trees (Bigfoot bait if you will).  He also told of how the same night indeed within the same couple of hours while sleeping in his sleeping bag that he awoke suddenly to the feeling of something sitting on his rib cage which prevented him from moving.  As someone who has watched Les for many, many years on his Survivor man show and considered him to be about as "straight laced" as Andy Griffith these were "risky" revelations (in fact he told C. Willis that he didn't include them in the shows due to anticipated friction from producers who would consider them too fantastic they were already giving him grief he said about his departure from the strictly hominid/ape hypothesis for Bigfoot).  My point here is that he was comfortable enough with her (to her credit) to reveal these things and she also told her own fairly fantastic story of an encounter while camping in a "pop up" trailer in Alabama.  I will grant you that she comes across as gushy certainly compared to the sardonic, wit of say Art Bell (who no doubt would have also probably gotten Les to fess up as well), but George Noory would have probably taken the conversation in the direction of well who the heck knows maybe where Les would be doing his next public appearance, music jamb or how he felt about natural health and vaccinations.  Connie kept him on point and if anything got him more "invested" publicly in the paranormal (as opposed to someone like Josh Gates who after Destination Truth basically emerged as highly skeptical of the paranormal  certainly compared with much of his demeanor during the run of that show where he seemed to have quite a few interesting experiences).  Willis got Les to not "take the safe route" and expose more of himself than might have otherwise been the case. This is one mark of a good interviewer/host.

Great post!  As I've said before I enjoy Connie, but I think the bit about her getting Les to not take "the safe route" is a bit much.  She did a good interview here, but Les himself stressed he was the type who's always honest to a fault.  For example, he readily revealed how he first told the world at large of his initial Bigfoot encounter, answering a direct question on the moronic "Opie and Anthony" radio show.  The "safe route" for a guy who was thinking, even very early on, of leaving his "Survivor Man" comfort zone for a Bigfoot program would not be to tell that story on a shock-jock(s) show where the hosts are known for their sophmoric hijinks.
I do agree, however she did a great job keeping the interview grounded considering Stroud came off as something of a stream of conscienceness interviewee.  I think her biggest accomplishment at some points of the interview was just getting Les to be quiet long enough for her to get a word in edge wise.

ziznak

I got through to the last half hour before I have to head out.  Good show, I will definitely listen again.  I'm really hoping Les is "staying" honest with us.  I've always respected him since I first started watching "survivor-man" and it's gross lie of a counter-part "man vs wild."  His honesty in his filming and not having that crew there really impacted me.  For him to reveal these things here and not put them in the show because they seem too fantastical really kinda earns him even more points with me.  I just hope he keeps it this way... and does MITD soon!

bateman

IT'S A CONNIE WEEKEND!  ;D

popple

LONG LIVE KWEEN CONNIE!

albrecht

Norry mentioned he will not do Halloween (but, apparently, a G2G before it) so I hope Connie...getting her candy-on and maybe some weed beforehand and talkin' bigfootin' and takin' calls. Depending on how many candies (these days legal in Colorado and Washington) it could be a funny show!

littlechris

Quote from: bateman on October 02, 2015, 05:56:09 PM

OH GAWD SHE'S SUCH A MILF!!!!!!!

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

zeebo

Quote from: littlechris on October 02, 2015, 09:36:30 PM
NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

That reminds me, I better get my nacho fixin's ready for Connie's show.

akwilly

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

Holy fuck I would!

b_dubb

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

Such a bizarre photo. Is she stalking a pine cone? Wtf?

littlechris

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 02, 2015, 10:49:39 PM

I don't know B-dubby,  but I'd hit that morning noon and night.

Morgus

Quote from: bateman on October 02, 2015, 05:56:09 PM
Actually its only a Connie Saturday - Noory hosts Sunday for his darn first Sunday of the month Submerging Artists suckfest...  :P

zeebo

I think she's spotted a future tasty racoon-kabob.

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on October 02, 2015, 11:26:39 PM
I think she's spotted a future tasty racoon-kabob.
no way man.
theres a squirrel in the tree, and she thinks its a giant pizza roll ...

albrecht

She's bigfootin'. You got to creep up on them lest they throw rocks at you or disappear into a portal.

popple

MULTI ANGLED INNOVATIVE HAND POSE WOODLAND KWEEN

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on October 02, 2015, 11:22:53 PM
Actually its only a Connie Saturday - Noory hosts Sunday for his darn first Sunday of the month Submerging Artists suckfest...  :P

Bummer, I was going to dub the weekend Conniepalooza.  Well I'll just keep that on reserve for the right time.