• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

zeebo

Gotta say Ms. Connie was actually pretty good last nite, better than last time.  She was kind of a kick.  And she really shined during open lines where she had a good rapport with the callers. 

Scully

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2014, 03:22:14 PM
Do better callers wait until a non-Noory night to call? Or a different call screener? Calls were good. Bigfeet guest was ok also. And I didnt hear mentioning of food by Connie! (Though her "whoas" and "ooo's" were sort of annoying. -GNS

I've noticed the callers are often better on weekend shows.  They have different staff working then, and it shows.

I can't help but wonder if Ms. Connie read our constructive criticism and took it to heart, because she started out and continued as much less of a QVS/Cheerleader-type last night.  Sometimes old habits got the best of her, though, and those "whoas" and "ooo's" just couldn't be suppressed.  She seems to have realized she's not in Kansas any more, though.

Yeah, the "and all that stuff" caller was awful, but I have a Texas cousin who does the very same thing.  Same thing as the callers who say "right?" every few seconds.  These are just not people who will ever be accused of being articulate.

I enjoyed the show last night.  I love me some Bigfeet, and Connie was quite tolerable this time around.

Quote from: albrecht on November 29, 2014, 03:22:14 PM
Do better callers wait until a non-Noory night to call? Or a different call screener? Calls were good. Bigfeet guest was ok also. And I didnt hear mentioning of food by Connie! (Though her "whoas" and "ooo's" were sort of annoying.
-GNS
I think they do. I know Tommy screens callers during the week and then tells them to call on Fridays for George.
The callers I was awake through were much more interesting than the normal callers.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on November 29, 2014, 03:53:47 PM
Gotta say Ms. Connie was actually pretty good last nite, better than last time.  She was kind of a kick.  And she really shined during open lines where she had a good rapport with the callers.

I missed the program........but, I trust your judgment!   :)

WOTR

I did not catch all of the show last night- but from what I heard, she was not bad.  I do not really buy into the Sasquatch thing (nor aliens), but she was entertaining.  The guest seemed credible (at least as far as Sasquatch and alien investigator / researchers go.)  She even seemed to conduct an actual interview (a skill that the regular host appears to lack.)

Overall, I would tune in again to a CW show.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 29, 2014, 10:46:00 PM
I missed the program........but, I trust your judgment!   :)

Oh jeez, don't do that, I wouldn't trust me.   ;D

Quote from: DanTSX on October 18, 2014, 11:14:50 PM
She seems pretty comfortable, but she wants us to send a Pizza.  Hope she likes anchovies.  Because I do.

Has a Rolleye James Female Gym Teacher voice though.  But I liked Rolleye.

At least she isn't the goofy crystal power/yoga/herbal snuff GIAM ding dong they had a few other recent times now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heilsa,All!
Yust surfing for some old science fiction stuff,and found this..
========================================================================
[[size=78%]http://www.loa.org/sciencefiction/appreciation/willis.jsp[/size][size=78%]][/size]
Connie Willis’s most recent of more than a dozen novels are Blackout and All Clear, both published in 2010. She has also written short story and essay collections, and is a winnerâ€"â€"many times overâ€"â€"of Hugo, Nebula, and Locus Awards. She lives in Greeley, Colorado.[attachimg=1]
My Qvestion:
Is this photo recent?
VS.the one connecting to the mystery helmet??

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on December 01, 2014, 11:50:17 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heilsa,All!
[[size=78%]http://www.loa.org/sciencefiction/appreciation/willis.jsp[/size][size=78%]][/size]
Connie Willis’s most recent of more than a dozen novels are Blackout and All Clear, both published in 2010. She has also written short story and essay collections, and is a winnerâ€"â€"many times overâ€"â€"of Hugo, Nebula, and Locus Awards. She lives in Greeley, Colorado.[attachimg=1]
My Qvestion:
Is this photo recent?

Wrong Connie Willis.

[attachimg=1]

Scully

I believe this is C2C's Connie Willis. ;)

Connie Willis UFO Hunter

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 02, 2014, 12:10:33 AM
Wrong Connie Willis.

Maybe Ms. Connie can interview the other Ms. Connie.  Anyone who's written all that sci-fi might be an interesting guest. 

Heilsa,All!
My Qvestion:
Is this photo recent?

This Connie would make a much better host.

WOTR

Heilsa,All!

It's kind of too bad that is not her... She just seem to LOOK like she would be a great host for some reason...

zeebo

Hey guys give the original Ms. Connie another chance.  She's ok as long as she's had a pre-show nacho plate.   :D

cweb

Listened to the latest Connie show yesterday, and it wasn't half bad. She did really well with some of the callers. Just gotta get used to how chipper she can be. But she's improving.

I have been wrong about Connie Willis .. I thought she was the older helmet wearing creature .. didn't know it was the same Connie Willis that has appeared on QVC selling things.

I think this room is warming up to her a little.. I really do.
I think I am, too..
She's not awful. She is a bit strange on the radio, but she also seems to be just being herself. And that's cool.

Nick el Ass

I'll take Connie over George... so long as she takes Betty White's advice, and eats a Snickers first.

pate

I read a book by the older lady a while back (it was about time travel & the black death, Doomsday Book, I believe was the title, it was pretty good and gathering dust the other day...)

As to the guest host on C2CAM if she has any dust gathering anywhere, I would be happy to help her knock the dust off of it, one of those pics of her up above looked very nice<-(in my best Borat voice)...

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 02, 2014, 01:41:35 AM
This Connie would make a much better host.

I think she already is on DMRN with her husband.  She's the loon that wrote jorch's butter-soaked cookbook.

DanTSX

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 02, 2014, 12:10:33 AM
Wrong Connie Willis.

[attachimg=1]

Would totally get the munchies with her.

Yummy.

b_dubb

Quote from: Scully on December 02, 2014, 12:16:56 AM
I believe this is C2C's Connie Willis. ;)

Connie Willis UFO Hunter
Is there a public office for hunting UFOs that I don't know about? Because this seems like a campaign ad for such an office.  Weird.

I caught some of this painfully bad show while driving home tonight. The guest was some twinkletoes psychic that convinces parents he can train their psychic kids. I couldn't listen long, even with the promise of a night of batshit crazy callers convinced their kid is a starchild.

In other news, Tottenham won. COYS

MTB

This show is dreadful...X is for X Files, Y is for Yuck, why am I listening?

No Name Storm

Hmm....from television huckster to C2C....not much change. The entire Premiere operation is a huckster operation.

VtaGeezer

Willis' only virtue is that she makes Noory seem much better.  I don't know why they don't just use reruns (even Noory has some decent shows in the can after ten yrs) occasionally instead of airing poor shows run by amateurs going thru the motions badly.

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 27, 2014, 09:20:57 AM
Hmm....from television huckster to C2C....not much change. The entire Premiere operation is a huckster operation.

I was thinking the same thing last night - From QVC to C2C by way of Dr. Mulder's Wishing Machine and Mysterious Helmet.  She needs to dial it down a bit, too.  The eagerest, neediest, friskiest puppy is a model of restraint compared to her.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 27, 2014, 02:37:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing last night - From QVC to C2C by way of Dr. Mulder's Wishing Machine and Mysterious Helmet.  She needs to dial it down a bit, too.  The eagerest, neediest, friskiest puppy is a model of restraint compared to her.
Show last night was pretty bad. The one previous was ok. But this A-Z paranormal schtick is awful especially how she always chimes in with a "ooooo" after the horrible guest says something. For me "O" didn't mean occult, orbs, or "open calls" (as she calls open lines) but "O" for "off."