"Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree. It's like a chimp with a machine gun."

Rough.

So so rough.

Mike on the other hand is damn Batman.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on March 31, 2015, 12:14:29 AM

Rough.

Wow. I picked the Chuck betrayal. I just didn't think it would be so soon.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 31, 2015, 12:47:31 AM
So so rough.

Mike on the other hand is damn Batman.

Mike is the fucking man.

SredniVashtar

I didn't see the Chuck betrayal coming at all. I think in wrestling they call that a 'heel turn', but it made you remember one of the flashbacks where he had to get Jimmy out of jail and he was, 'oh god, not this again', so they have only got closer since the illness. At first I didn't like it, but it's quite easy to imagine being in Chuck's place and not wanting your fuck-up of a brother getting in the way - when you have spent so long building up your reputation, only to have your shifty brother ruining it. You tend to think of the younger sibling having issues, but I am sure the eldest ones can have their resentments too and I thought it was well brought out at the end.

Chuck has been so good I don't want him to die but it wouldn't surprise me if they have something lined up for the end of the season to set up the road to Saul in the second. I have been pretty much wrong all the way so far, but I would guess that, now Jimmy has cut him loose and he has to fend for himself, he tries to go out and run an errand for himself and gets hit by a car or something like that. Something that will change Jimmy for the worse come season 2. I wonder if we'll find out what Kim was offered to get Jimmy to agree?

bateman

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 01, 2015, 12:23:50 PM
I wonder if we'll find out what Kim was offered to get Jimmy to agree?

I actually don't think she was offered anything, I think Howard just told her that Chuck was the one who put the kibosh on HHM hiring Jimmy and she didn't have the heart to tell him.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on April 01, 2015, 05:12:38 PM
I actually don't think she was offered anything, I think Howard just told her that Chuck was the one who put the kibosh on HHM hiring Jimmy and she didn't have the heart to tell him.

Yeah exactly. I love that the writers expect the audience to be smart enough to pick up on things like this.

Juan

I think that's right.  I saw a clip from next week's show where Jimmy and Kim are talking in a parking garage, and Jimmy is apologizing for yelling at her.  She expresses concern for his emotional health.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: bateman on April 01, 2015, 05:12:38 PM

I was probably reading too much into it, but I thought she had a guilty look when she went to talk to him, as though she knew she was doing the dirty on him somehow. I can't believe he would turn into Saul without both of them screwing him over in one way or another.

basswood

Quote from: bateman on March 31, 2015, 12:14:29 AM

Rough.

[attachimg=1]

bateman

So now you know what a Chicago Sunroof is.

Juan

My favorite moment was hearing "Season of the Witch" by Al Kooper and Stephen Stills.

SnapT

I like that the nerdy guy who hired Mike to protect him in last week's episode is the same actor who played terrorist villain Abdul in the brilliant Adult Swim series DECKER.  Tim Heidecker tweeted that BETTER CALL SAUL was revealing intriguing backstory on Abdul with his appearance, making BETTER CALL SAUL a prequel to both BREAKING BAD and DECKER.

http://youtu.be/zA-EqQhF_9o

MrHippie

I can't believe the first season is over. Jazmunda predicted  the Chuck betrayal of Jimmy. But wow! That scene where Chuck told
Jimmy that he was at best a Mail Room Clerk and Jimmy told Chuck that he would no longer help him with his 'condition" was the
most compelling I've seen anywhere in a long time. Forgot that I was watching actors say lines from a script. The acting and writing
and storytelling the best.

And Bateman's post of the best TV quote ever has compelled me to start a new band.

Slippin' Jimmy and the Machine Gun Chimps

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on April 07, 2015, 12:13:08 AM
So now you know what a Chicago Sunroof is.

I didn't know it had an official name. I always just referred to it as The Jazmunda Maneuver.

Jackstar

I'm in a movie theater in there showed a commercial for better call Saul it was really unexpected that I really enjoyed it now the sort of the car commercial which was also a certified expected and I'm not enjoy it at all

Jackstar

https://youtu.be/xnRARXwOVFQ

Sorry, I'm not in a position to edit what my voice recognition came up with. Enjoy.

New season starts tonight at 10 Eastern. I'm looking forward to it!

onan

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 15, 2016, 03:32:37 PM
New season starts tonight at 10 Eastern. I'm looking forward to it!

I'll be there.

Jackstar

Somehow I had entered tomorrow's date into my calendar to remind me of when this was going to be on. So it wasn't until five minutes ago that I found out I get to watch this now. My delight is palpable!

coaster

Better Call Saul is the best show on tv right now.

glad its back on again !!!!!!    Talking Saul was good as well   

Jackstar

What do we think the switch controls?

Quote from: Jackstar on February 21, 2016, 01:13:23 AM

thats a good question something at arts house 

Quote from: Jackstar on February 21, 2016, 01:13:23 AM

On "Talking Saul" the writers claimed it was a meaningful contrast to the opening scene when he got locked in the trash room.  I'm not so sure, and am willing to entertain other interpretations.

Jackstar

Well sure, it's a story-telling prop, and so ultimately, it's just a massive troll.

I don't think it's just a one-off. I bet it ruins him somehow.

Also, I Googled "cocobolo" one time, and now the banner ads here are showing me desks, desks, desks. Hilarious and creepy, but mostly hilarious.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 21, 2016, 02:47:37 AM
Well sure, it's a story-telling prop, and so ultimately, it's just a massive troll.

I don't think it's just a one-off. I bet it ruins him somehow.

That would not surprise me, either. I'm not going to do any advance snooping, though, because I like watching it spoiler free. I won't even watch the previews.

QuoteAlso, I Googled "cocobolo" one time, and now the banner ads here are showing me desks, desks, desks. Hilarious and creepy, but mostly hilarious.

I should do that, because I don't know what a cocobolo desk is, either, and maybe the desk ads will get rid of all the mail order bride ads I get. I can't figure that one out, because I've never Googled the subject.