• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Better Call Saul

Started by jazmunda, January 12, 2014, 03:06:52 PM

Delphi

I liked the first 2 episodes.. I'm excited for the 3rd

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Delphi on February 12, 2015, 03:26:11 PM
I liked the first 2 episodes.. I'm excited for the 3rd

me, too.  i think this is going to be another great show.

bateman

I've enjoyed it a lot so far. They apparently have like 80% of the Breaking Bad crew working on this, so they should actually be able to maintain this level of quality too.

basswood

Quote from: bateman on February 12, 2015, 04:17:57 PM
I've enjoyed it a lot so far. They apparently have like 80% of the Breaking Bad crew working on this, so they should actually be able to maintain this level of quality too.

My prediction is that I will watch every episode before it gets cancelled at the end of the first season.

bateman

Quote from: basswood on February 12, 2015, 04:19:50 PM
My prediction is that I will watch every episode before it gets cancelled at the end of the first season.

They already greenlit season 2: http://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-premiere-2015-season-2/

basswood

Quote from: bateman on February 12, 2015, 04:23:32 PM
They already greenlit season 2: http://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-premiere-2015-season-2/

That was 7 months ago, isn't that kind of like a college recruit "committing" to a school in his junior year. Everything looks sexy until the weekend before signing day. Besides, I forgot to mention I suck at predictions.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on February 12, 2015, 04:17:57 PM

it does have a certain similar feel.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 12, 2015, 04:38:17 PM
it does have a certain similar feel.

The style of the opening scene from episode 2 could have been from Breaking Bad.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on February 12, 2015, 04:40:17 PM
The style of the opening scene from episode 2 could have been from Breaking Bad.

Ab-suh-lootely

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on February 12, 2015, 04:44:02 PM
Ab-suh-lootely

Also the opening scene from episode one with the making of the Cinnabon buns.

nextgen.fm

i'm a big breaking bad fan, I liked Sauls character

I'll have to check this out, how is it so far?

basswood

OK. Episode 3 was pretty good. Gotta love Mike.

Juan

i wanted to hear that version of John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Quote from: Juan on February 17, 2015, 01:15:48 PM
i wanted to hear that version of John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

"And let's really have some fun with it!"

The best thing that could happen to the "Team Kettle" kids would be for their parents to go to prison for a very long time.

Juan

I've never wanted to kick someone's ass more than when I heard that answering machine message.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 17, 2015, 01:25:23 PM
"And let's really have some fun with it!"

The best thing that could happen to the "Team Kettle" kids would be for their parents to go to prison for a very long time.

heh heh

SredniVashtar

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but from the last two it was hard to see what direction the whole thing is going in, and whether the character is strong enough to sustain an entire series. He was light relief in BB more than anything, but I suppose it was one of those shows that was dominated totally by one amazing performance. I can't help feeling slightly sorry for the woman who played Hank's wife in BB, because she had almost no character at all, and the bit where they tried to make her somewhat interesting was a total failure. That was my one real criticism of the show, that most of the non-villainous characters were under-developed

I am probably being dim, but what was the deal of 'earthing' himself when he went to his brother's house? Is it some home-grown cancer treatment that I know nothing about? The answer is probably so obvious that I have embarrassed myself.

Juan

The reason for grounding/earthing onself has not been explained.  Maybe Chuck is nuts, maybe he's one of those rare people affected strongly by electromagnetic radiation.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 18, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
That was my one real criticism of the show, that most of the non-villainous characters were under-developed
yes.  hank's wife, walter jr., just horrible characters.  walt jr. was the worst by far, though.  i wanted to beat him with his walking stick.

I am probably being dim, but what was the deal of 'earthing' himself when he went to his brother's house? Is it some home-grown cancer treatment that I know nothing about? The answer is probably so obvious that I have embarrassed myself.

i think he's suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity.

onan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 18, 2015, 11:10:32 AM

There is some issue that has caused Mckeon's character from returning to work. Hence the scene where McGill(Saul) requests his brother's part of the firm be bought out. Then we see Mckeon's character in a house without electricity and Saul putting all his electrical devices in the mail box. I would guess Mckeon's character is delusional but still able to present as somewhat normal.

Heather Wade

My uneducated guess was some form of ocd.

Juan

Maybe he spent too much time with Squiggy.  Maybe Shirley cast a spell.

Quote from: Juan on February 18, 2015, 01:35:17 PM
Maybe he spent too much time with Squiggy.  Maybe Shirley cast a spell.

Lenny and the Squigtones--about the only thing I ever liked about Laverne and Shirley, and that's not saying much.

Lenny and the Squigtones - Night after Night

SredniVashtar

Quote from: onan on February 18, 2015, 12:07:50 PM
There is some issue that has caused Mckeon's character from returning to work. Hence the scene where McGill(Saul) requests his brother's part of the firm be bought out. Then we see Mckeon's character in a house without electricity and Saul putting all his electrical devices in the mail box. I would guess Mckeon's character is delusional but still able to present as somewhat normal.

I'm glad nobody else seems to really know either. I thought there was something I had missed; I imagine we will find out before too long, I just hope it has something interesting to do with the plot. I wonder if it is a show that has it mapped out from the beginning and knows where it is all headed, or they will be like Dexter and make most of it up as they go along? I used to be a fan of that show but it fell apart after two or three seasons when you could expect almost anything to happen. The last straw for me was the total waste of Peter Weller in one season, when they got him in the cast but didn't have a clue what to do with him.

I don't know who runs AMC but they have a very odd attitude towards language and violence. You can watch people being chewed to death and decapitated in the most gruesome ways on The Walking Dead or, as in BB, watch someone having their throat slit with a box cutter and then slowly bleed to death. The bosses say, ''that's all fine, but don't let me catch you saying 'fuck'.''

SredniVashtar

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 18, 2015, 12:50:19 PM
My uneducated guess was some form of ocd.

That makes more sense. For some reason, when Saul was discussing him in the office with the lawyers, I thought Chuck had a fatal illness, and the 'earthing' was connected to a wacky way of curing himself. I have no idea why I  thought that, but it's hard to know at the moment who anyone is, or what they are all up to, so it is no surprise that a lot of guesswork is involved.

BB loves to tease, doesn't it? The whole of the last season started with a colossal tease where you didn't know what Walter was up to at the beginning and wondered how it all was going to go in the end. Maybe it was because they set it all up so much at the beginning that the ending felt like a disappointment.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MV on February 18, 2015, 12:04:51 PM
yes.  hank's wife, walter jr., just horrible characters.  walt jr. was the worst by far, though.  i wanted to beat him with his walking stick.

They probably had plans for them at some stage in the beginning, but it would have been too hard to get rid of them so they stuck around like furniture without anything to contribute. I think Jesse was only supposed to last a short while but they liked him so much they made him a major character, so it can go both ways. Sklyar suffered from Lois Lane syndrome; we are supposed to believe that she is so stupid that she can't see what is staring her in the face. That said, I don't think many people really get much attention when Cranston is on the screen, he does rather dominate whenever he is on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 19, 2015, 05:46:21 AM
They probably had plans for them at some stage in the beginning, but it would have been too hard to get rid of them so they stuck around like furniture without anything to contribute. I think Jesse was only supposed to last a short while but they liked him so much they made him a major character, so it can go both ways. Sklyar suffered from Lois Lane syndrome; we are supposed to believe that she is so stupid that she can't see what is staring her in the face. That said, I don't think many people really get much attention when Cranston is on the screen, he does rather dominate whenever he is on.

he'll always be tim whatley to me.

Heather Wade

"...you need another one."  lmao

basswood

Every episode better than the previous one. Okay, it might last past the spring.