• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Malliard Report

Started by malliard, December 17, 2013, 10:05:11 PM

ONeill

Quote from: malliard on July 07, 2015, 08:22:22 PM
i know i am a presenter with a .001% market share, and nothing about being a drama queen, i am moving off the stage so you all can enjoy the king.

Oh yeah, because if you don't we can;t...

chefist

i know i am a presenter with a .001% market share, and nothing about being a drama queen, i am moving off the stage so you all can enjoy the king.
You had an excellent forum here to help you learn how to improve.  This site is just full of professionals who can give you constructive criticism.  However, your ego chose your path for you. If you just would have been open and a little more humble, you could take a lot away from MV's advice and the advice from all those that use his site.  I know of others on BellGab that have paranormal and non-paranormal podcasts, and they use BG to effectively market their shows. They are always here to help, but your sensitivity is probably going to prevent you from growing professionally. Good luck to you, though.

bateman

Quote from: chefist on July 08, 2015, 12:07:58 PM
You had an excellent forum here to help you learn how to improve.  This site is just full of professionals who can give you constructive criticism.  However, your ego chose your path for you. If you just would have been open and a little more humble, you could take a lot away from MV's advice and the advice from all those that use his site.  I know of others on BellGab that have paranormal and non-paranormal podcasts, and they use BG to effectively market their shows. They are always here to help, but your sensitivity is probably going to prevent you from growing professionally. Good luck to you, though.

This site really is a brilliant resource. There are gems to be found all over the place to help an aspiring broadcaster tweak or improve their presentation. Came across this in the Schrader thread yesterday:

Quote from: ManiacMatt on July 06, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
I have also grown tired of a lot of the Darkness radio show.  They spend too much time promoting psychics, local Minnesota wrestling, Josh Warren and Noory.  I mostly listen on the true crime Tuesday or if one of the other nights has a good topic.  I never listen live.  I would agree that he does get a little preachy at times with his own brand of christianity.
I can't stand the paranormal news show because they just read to you.  It would be much better if Dave and Tim would read or tell the basic meat of the story and discuss it, not just read it as it is written.  In the first minute or so of the reading you get the idea, but they will go on for several minutes just reading off a web page.  This gets really boring.  Who likes to be read to anyway?
Dave can be funny and entertaining at times so I do continue to check into the show, but not as much as I used to.

It doesn't mean that every single post critical of a show should be taken as gospel, but when you hear super specific things like this, you kind of have to take notice unless you're dense as a brick. The people on this forum are P1s - the most enthusiastic and discerning talk radio listeners that aren't the bitter ex-radio guys you find on other forums. Just fans of the genre.

MV/Liberace!

i am moving off the stage so you all can enjoy the king.

but you weren't impeding our ability to enjoy him to begin with.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on July 07, 2015, 08:23:49 PM
funny thing is, he never took the time to visit my website and see the podcasts and free stream that have been there the same way as always.
i think mv doesnt like kgra

i know nothing about kgra.  but for you and jimmuh chooch, i'd have no idea they exist.

and to my knowledge, while you were on kgra, there were no free podcasts.  is that not correct?  so now you're saying your show was available in downloadable format free of charge this whole time?  because that's news to me. 

this fucking conversation is schizophrenic.

Quote from: MV on July 08, 2015, 04:59:45 PM

i know nothing about kgra.  but for you and jimmuh chooch, i'd have no idea they exist.

and to my knowledge, while you were on kgra, there were no free podcasts.  is that not correct?  so now you're saying your show was available in downloadable format free of charge this whole time?  because that's news to me. 

this fucking conversation is schizophrenic.

this schizophrenic is conversation fucking.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 08, 2015, 05:20:32 PM
this schizophrenic is conversation fucking.

I agree... and so do I.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 08, 2015, 05:34:57 PM
I agree... and so do I.

Once again we have successfully blurred the difference(s) between multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia.  At least I have. But I haven't. 

Tomorrow is the end of the world.

Stellar made me do it!!1

Perhaps Subway spokesman Jared Fogel's podcast can fill the void left by Malliard's departure.

What? Why not? What's the big deal? Did I say something wrong? You people are staring at me like I've grown a second head...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 08, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
Once again we have successfully blurred the difference(s) between multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia.  At least I have. But I haven't. 

Tomorrow is the end of the world.

Stellar made me do it!!1

Perhaps Subway spokesman Jared Fogel's podcast can fill the void left by Malliard's departure.

What? Why not? What's the big deal? Did I say something wrong? You people are staring at me like I've grown a second head...

I... I mean We prefer Dissociative identity disorder. We are all offended, except for the dude that isn't offended but he is kind of a jerk.

Yeah, well you don't have to live with him. Leaves the toilet seat up and shit.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 08, 2015, 06:02:37 PM
I... I mean We prefer Dissociative identity disorder. We are all offended, except for the dude that isn't offended but he is kind of a jerk.

Yeah, well you don't have to live with him. Leaves the toilet seat up and shit.

There is one in every group.

NXOEED

malliard

you will have to make some time for my show tuesday night july 21

Roswells, Art

Quote from: malliard on July 15, 2015, 08:44:14 PM

zzzz....huh, what?

malliard

George Noory, reactions Live to Art Bell's Return to Radio on The Malliard Report! for more info read @
http://www.paranormalheadlines.com/

Quote from: malliard on July 20, 2015, 06:47:14 PM
George Noory, reactions Live to Art Bell's Return to Radio on The Malliard Report! for more info read @

How can we listen to this show?

What was his general reaction?

ONeill

So, it looks like everyone who has a falling-out with Bellgab gets an interview with Dave Noorie.

starrmtn001

What time malliard?  This may be quite interesting . . . as long as it doesn't clash with Spec Sheet, GabCast, Midnight In The Desert, Bella-Havan, RCH . . . hmmmmm.  I'll catch it on your podcast.  K?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 21, 2015, 05:01:46 PM
as long as it doesn't clash with Spec Sheet, GabCast, Midnight In The Desert, Bella-Havan, RCH . . . hmmmmm.  I'll catch it on your podcast.  K?

heh heh

ItsOver

Quote from: malliard on July 15, 2015, 08:44:14 PM
I'll wait for Pete Noone's recap.

littlechris

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 21, 2015, 07:55:23 PM
Good interview, Malliard

Ditto. Good job man. Ill make sure to listen more often.

-

NightsAtSea

I tried to listen, but my ears went numb after the hundredth time Noorie said the word 'detractors...'

As far as I could tell: decent interviewer, lackluster guest.

WildCard

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 21, 2015, 08:01:04 PM
I tried to listen, but my ears went numb after the hundredth time Noorie said the word 'detractors...'

Haha! Now I gotta hear it. Is it on youtube?

Uncle Duke

Good interview, Jim.  Noory's explanation of RCH's C2C exit made more sense than Hoagland's.   Saying anyone is more rational than Hoagland isn't saying much, but Noory's take on the split seemed rational.  "Rational" is a term I've never used to describe RCH.

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 21, 2015, 08:19:32 PM
Good interview, Jim.  Noory's explanation of RCH's C2C exit made more sense than Hoagland's.   Saying anyone is more rational Hoagland isn't saying much, but Noory's take on the split seemed rational.  "Rational" is a term I've never used to describe RCH.
or noory , for that matter.

NightsAtSea

Quote from: WildCard on July 21, 2015, 08:13:48 PM
Haha! Now I gotta hear it. Is it on youtube?

I listened live, but I think they upload the podcasts for free to iTunes, so if you wait a bit it should be up there.

My biggest issue with the interview was Noorie's assertion that his detractors' issues are with his style, not the quality of the show. He said something like 'every show is my best show, and the next show is even better.' If interjecting with inane non sequiturs (when he's listening to the guests at all) is his 'style,' then I suppose he's right: this 'detractor' doesn't like his style.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on July 21, 2015, 08:26:26 PM
or noory , for that matter.

I wouldn't call Noory "irrational".  I would call him "lazy" and "marginally talented".  I cannot imagine being interviewed by him, unless I was a Quayle or Jones motor-mouth type.