• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 18, 2013, 06:40:58 PM
...This forum did get really weird for a while there but seems to have righted itself...

Top Right Corner Dot Comment

McPhallus

I'll join the chorus for Eddie.

I also miss usagi, Fry's Girl, Hal 9000, Sardondi....  And roger.... His posts always read as if they were being channelled from another dimension.  They were fun to try to decipher.  I liked EvB, although she always seemed to be a sporadic poster.  Chewmouse always seemed to be a voice of reason.

And there are a few more I remember only by their avatar, for some reason.

aldousburbank

Oh yeah, AquaGoat man. Miss that dude, the most high.

I also miss EvB, and Frysgirl. Also Phan, for the older members.

BobGrau

I fear Sardondi may have DoctorWho-style morphed into Yorkie...

(If that doesn't flush him out I don't know what will)

EC of course.

I miss a lot of the posters at the other forum who migrated here for a time after our awesome The Original George Noory Sucks Thread was deleted.  3500 pages of genius - just gone. 

Sybil - that thread's OP, The Professor - the funniest and perhaps greatest poster of them all, Supernormal, Gumby Dammit - he did so many of the most classic photo shops, Is it Eevil, Mabuse, Spike Girl, shit - so many many more.

And the female posters here - some who've been listed earlier- I don't want to make a list because I'd leave too many out.

eddie dean

Quote from: BobGrau on December 18, 2013, 08:29:57 PM

Sardondi was one of the funniest story tellers. Forget L. Fanthorp (noorys story teller).
His dry humor and vivid descriptions had a way of sneeking up on you. He was a master of the dick joke, usually worded more creative than crude.
Reading his posts made me feel simultaniously smart and dumb. A few weeks before he left, he was obviously grumpy and annyoed at the influx of newbies.
I hope he finds his way back here, now that Bellgab is back to pre Dark Matter form.

Fry's Girl..... wonderful cute.
Sardondi..... everybody's uncle.

8)

I miss Anagrammy.  Terribly... She is a brilliant woman and her voice added so much  smarts to the waves of crap that often flow over us.  She is a outrageous voice of reason and yes, of the left wing of the spectrum.  She was a victim of disrespect.  And that makes me sad.  She gave the fuck up on you assholes and that is a shame.  To you folks who did not know of her, too bad.  I personally did not really interact with her, mostly because I was a lurker at the time and secondly, cause she is too smart.  She has not been here for a better part of a year and that makes this forum a lesser place.  She is a classy chick.  BTW so is Scully. ;D

I so do NOT miss the Liar who this who freaking forum is supposed to be about however.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on December 18, 2013, 08:29:57 PM

It has been said we've never been seen in the same room at the same time; Draw your own conclusions.. We can both be grumpy bastards!  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: canadiancommie on December 19, 2013, 03:11:35 AM
She was a victim of disrespect.  And that makes me sad.  She gave the fuck up on you assholes and that is a shame.

Respect is a two way street. Give it to get it.

BobGrau

Quote from: canadiancommie on December 19, 2013, 03:12:24 AM
I so do NOT miss the Liar who this who freaking forum is supposed to be about however.

You seem rather tense at the moment. Whats up?

aldousburbank

I miss Anagrammy.  Terribly...
She is a classy chick.  BTW so is Scully. ;D
Well, that makes two of you then.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 11:48:04 AM
Respect is a two way street. Give it to get it.

I like/ed Anagrammy a lot and I wish she would post here more, but I remember her pulling that 'racist' shit on you out of nowhere. Thumbs down on that one.

anagrammy

Hello  and high fives to all!

Thanks for the kind words and I definitely appreciate being remembered.  My keyboard is a teenager now t wants to do its own thing, so I have to keep this brief.  I have been very active in politics and cult recovery online with the candidacy of Mitt Romney.  It has been a source of ongoing delight to watch the downfall of Mormonism as my prophesied tipping point of 2012 came and went.  The confluence of the Book of Mormon musical, South Park's episode on Joseph Smith and the exposure of the American electorate to the personality of what we call a "royal Mormon" (money + heritage+celebrity) produced the expected result.  In 2010, Pugh polls reported most Americans thought Mormons were "weird."  In 2013, after the church and the Romney family of filthy rich supporters spent god-only-knows how much money to get their savior installed (by the grace and power....) and an internet Google  "I am a Mormon" campaign in which skaters, skiers, singers, and other admirable people admitted to being Mormon...the Pugh result?  Americans still thought Mormons were "weird."

Had the time of my life and helped a lot of people recover their families and their lives.   

Lately I have been moving away from that since the dominoes are falling all around the world and Mormonism is imploding.  I am moving more towards Buddhism, living in the now and working on being a more compassionate person. 

Paranormally speaking, I am very interested in the new mermaid discoveries and the deeper idea that our skepticism and confidence that we know all about this planet and need to explore new frontiers in space...may be keeping us from solving the many remaining mysteries here on earth:  bigfoot, mermaids, and one can only guess the wonders that the melting ice may reveal.

Peace and love to all of you!

Anagrammy

PS.  Aquagoat emails me occasionally.  He has gone through great changes in his life --you know when your interest in returning to "normal" exceeds your interest in the "paranormal" you have to drop out for a while.  :)

BobGrau

Excellent. Now all we need is Avi's musicilogically mutant balls.

And Gassy Man. Where the FUCK is Gassy Man?

Quote from: anagrammy on December 19, 2013, 01:10:40 PM

Thanks for the kind words and I definitely appreciate being remembered.  My keyboard is a teenager now t wants to do its own thing, so I have to keep this brief.  I have been very active in politics and cult recovery online with the candidacy of Mitt Romney.  It has been a source of ongoing delight to watch the downfall of Mormonism as my prophesied tipping point of 2012 came and went.  The confluence of the Book of Mormon musical, South Park's episode on Joseph Smith and the exposure of the American electorate to the personality of what we call a "royal Mormon" (money + heritage+celebrity) produced the expected result.  In 2010, Pugh polls reported most Americans thought Mormons were "weird."  In 2013, after the church and the Romney family of filthy rich supporters spent god-only-knows how much money to get their savior installed (by the grace and power....) and an internet Google  "I am a Mormon" campaign in which skaters, skiers, singers, and other admirable people admitted to being Mormon...the Pugh result?  Americans still thought Mormons were "weird."

Had the time of my life and helped a lot of people recover their families and their lives.   

Lately I have been moving away from that since the dominoes are falling all around the world and Mormonism is imploding.  I am moving more towards Buddhism, living in the now and working on being a more compassionate person. 

Paranormally speaking, I am very interested in the new mermaid discoveries and the deeper idea that our skepticism and confidence that we know all about this planet and need to explore new frontiers in space...may be keeping us from solving the many remaining mysteries here on earth:  bigfoot, mermaids, and one can only guess the wonders that the melting ice may reveal.

Peace and love to all of you!

Anagrammy

PS.  Aquagoat emails me occasionally.  He has gone through great changes in his life --you know when your interest in returning to "normal" exceeds your interest in the "paranormal" you have to drop out for a while.  :)

Is that shit for real?

The General

Oh the crutches and crosses folks carry around.

McPhallus

I miss Anagrammy.  Terribly... She is a brilliant woman and her voice added so much  smarts to the waves of crap that often flow over us.  She is a outrageous voice of reason and yes, of the left wing of the spectrum.  She was a victim of disrespect.  And that makes me sad.  She gave the fuck up on you assholes and that is a shame.  To you folks who did not know of her, too bad.  I personally did not really interact with her, mostly because I was a lurker at the time and secondly, cause she is too smart.  She has not been here for a better part of a year and that makes this forum a lesser place.  She is a classy chick.  BTW so is Scully. ;D

I was only a lurker during the anagrammy era, so I can't really comment.  She did have a strong presence, though. 

As for the coont known as scully, I have to disagree 10,000%, if not more. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 19, 2013, 02:10:33 PM

Is that shit for real?

Absolutely; Mormons are weird. All religions are fucking weird, but Mormonism is one of the more dangerously weird. Brain washing bastards.

Not that I feel strongly about it of course.

Little Hater

Quote from: anagrammy on December 19, 2013, 01:10:40 PM

This bigot is remembered fondly ? Glad I wasn't around back in the day.

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
but Mormonism is one of the more dangerously weird.
I agree that Mormonism is weird, but how is it dangerous? Do you mean mental contamination or something else?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
Absolutely; Mormons are weird. All religions are fucking weird, but Mormonism is one of the more dangerously weird. Brain washing bastards.

Not that I feel strongly about it of course.

The greatest man I have  ever known and one that I trusted with my life for years, is a Mormon.

My former business partners were Mormons, and I never, ever, had to worry about the tiniest impropriety.

Sorry, but I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for every Mormon I have ever crossed paths with.

Morgus

What about the Osmond family? ;)
I'm listening to some of their christmas music...  :D