• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on April 21, 2014, 09:02:47 PM
or around 4 years if you listen to 1 a day lol

I listen to about 30 to 40 mins a day on the commute to and from work so I should be good for the next 2 decades.

phrodo

Quote from: williedee on April 21, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
I had to upload it to kickass.to because the pirate bay wouldn't accept the .torrent file because it was too large. Just Google "the ultimate art bell collection" and its the first hit.

Went to kickass and it tried to download some BS program to download the torrent. Don't need that... what's the deal with that??

zeebo

Quote from: Renton on April 20, 2014, 03:29:57 AM
You and your team will go down as legends in the Art Bell realm - thanks for all the hard work and dedication....

The Council has spoken - Williedee & co. are immortalized as gods of bellgab for the ages.

[attachimg=1]

bigchucka

Quote from: williedee on April 21, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
I had to upload it to kickass.to because the pirate bay wouldn't accept the .torrent file because it was too large. Just Google "the ultimate art bell collection" and its the first hit.

Demonoid might be another good place to put that now that it's back up.

bigchucka

Quote from: zeebo on April 21, 2014, 11:07:48 PM
The Council has spoken - Williedee & co. are immortalized as gods of bellgab for the ages.

[attachimg=1]

George Norry....

[attachimg=1]

phrodo

Quote from: phrodo on April 21, 2014, 10:27:17 PM
Went to kickass and it tried to download some BS program to download the torrent. Don't need that... what's the deal with that??

nevermind .. figured it out .. but still not getting anything -- 0 (12) on seeds rite now.... I'll seed it if I ever get anything to seed....  :o

byte9

@williedee I'm making good. 3Megabytes/s down and 1Megabyte/s up. Big guns firing. I'll keep this up until we get a bigger hive going.

Jtown

I'm gonna go full force on my upload.. 2.5 meg for 10 hours tonight!

Jackstar

Quote from: phrodo on April 21, 2014, 11:58:18 PM
nevermind .. figured it out .. but still not getting anything -- 0 (12) on seeds rite now.... I'll seed it if I ever get anything to seed....  :o

You have a configuration problem. Try enabling UPnP.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. Google is your friend!

cweb

Throttlin' mine to 750k down so the lady can watch her shows. But letting it go full blast on the upload!

Should be done today-ish. Then will probably have the Raspberry Pi seed it.

devoidzero

Is this torrent Gandalfs approved (i.e. does it contain all the AB shows on his cloud server), and does it contain all of Widespread's recently unearthed shows?  I've got like 2 other "definitive" art bell torrents... Should I delete them and get this one instead?

williedee

Quote from: devoidzero on April 22, 2014, 08:28:54 AM
Is this torrent Gandalfs approved (i.e. does it contain all the AB shows on his cloud server), and does it contain all of Widespread's recently unearthed shows?  I've got like 2 other "definitive" art bell torrents... Should I delete them and get this one instead?

Yes, this has basically everything you just described. Plus hundreds of errors have been corrected.

williedee

Quote from: byte9 on April 22, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
@williedee I'm making good. 3Megabytes/s down and 1Megabyte/s up. Big guns firing. I'll keep this up until we get a bigger hive going.

Thanks, that'd be great. I'm burning through a ton of bandwidth on my server, I've throttled back to 4 MB/s since we have a decent seed base.

I'm going through close to 500gb a day -.- haha. Thats in addition to the 300+gb a day another server is doing, plus whatever other seeders are out there![attachimg=1]

Aristarchus

Quote from: williedee on April 22, 2014, 12:17:42 PM
Thanks, that'd be great. I'm burning through a ton of bandwidth on my server, I've throttled back to 4 MB/s since we have a decent seed base.

I'm going through close to 500gb a day -.- haha. Thats in addition to the 300+gb a day another server is doing, plus whatever other seeders are out there![attachimg=1]

That's awesome. And from what I can see, we've got plenty of people seeding right now. I hope that folks stay on board with that. These huge torrents can suffer if people drop out quickly.

byte9

Quote from: williedee on April 22, 2014, 12:17:42 PM

We need to get it out there so the swarm becomes larger than just 1st day adopters. I'm going to let it go onwards in night hours. I have some places to get it tweeted out to larger audiences.

No Quarter

Considering the entire effort, any form Thank You seems insufficient to williedee and everyone else that helped make this happen.  I am eagerly downloading the torrent now. Though I was not able to contribute any content to this epic undertaking, I will be happy to donate my bandwidth, too, for the cause  :)

phrodo

Quote from: Jackstar on April 22, 2014, 01:18:12 AM
You have a configuration problem. Try enabling UPnP.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. Google is your friend!

It's already enabled. It finally started late this morning and I have over 55 percent so far. Will leave it up all night again tonite. Rite now am throwing up 10x more than getting.

Jackstar

I hadn't looked for a few hours, and I saw that my seeding ratio jumped from 0.46 to 1.64 while I wasn't looking. What is 1.64 * 62.10? Awesome, that's what!

I had imagined that it would take longer. I was going to make a celebratory post when I surpassed 1.00, or something. I guess I missed that!

Quote from: phrodo on April 22, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
It's already enabled. It finally started late this morning and I have over 55 percent so far. Will leave it up all night again tonite. Rite now am throwing up 10x more than getting.

Yeah, whatever, Dude, things are tough all over. Maybe someone else can help you by violating the DMCA on your anonymous behalf? Or maybe you can... you know... learn? Somehow, millions of Chinese tweens have managed to learn how to manipulate The Internet to their own profitable and productive devices in the last twenty years... but maybe you have a learning disability, or something. In any event, best of luck, Chuck!

Frankly, if you cannot figure this out, do you not wonder if you should ask yourself if you are even capable of understanding what you would be listening to anyway?

Also, btw, have you ever heard of Sharereactor? Because, about a dozen years ago, their forums were filled with alleged teenage mouthbreathers who posted over and over and over about how they could not figure out how to properly use freely documented technology, and damn, I gotta say... I haven't read a post from anyone who reminds me of those days, more than yours.

(see above, re: "google, motherfucker, use it", DMCA, narc)

Jackstar

Quote from: No Quarter on April 22, 2014, 10:04:47 PM
Considering the entire effort, any form Thank You seems insufficient to williedee and everyone else that helped make this happen.

There are a whole shitload of typos and labelling errors-- but really, who cares? Now that the .torrent release has occurred before the start of the hot war, there will be time later to fill in the blanks.

I apologize for my role, whatever it may have been, in inciting a premature release. In my defense, let me just say: "fuck you, I am seeding now"

Hey, did any of you skip right to the four 9/11 shows? You should, because they are awesome. Do you people remember those halcyon days, when no one, but no one, knew what was really going on and were willing to say it out loud?

Good times, good times.

williedee

Quote from: Jackstar on April 22, 2014, 10:53:14 PM
There are a whole shitload of typos and labelling errors-- but really, who cares? Now that the .torrent release has occurred before the start of the hot war, there will be time later to fill in the blanks.

I apologize for my role, whatever it may have been, in inciting a premature release. In my defense, let me just say: "fuck you, I am seeding now"

Hey, did any of you skip right to the four 9/11 shows? You should, because they are awesome. Do you people remember those halcyon days, when no one, but no one, knew what was really going on and were willing to say it out loud?

Good times, good times.

A whole shitload of typos and errors? Whatever man, if youre finding so many you can go ahead and correct them. Just make sure you're not spelling Fukushima fukishima

phrodo

Quote from: Jackstar on April 22, 2014, 10:47:37 PM
I hadn't looked for a few hours, and I saw that my seeding ratio jumped from 0.46 to 1.64 while I wasn't looking. What is 1.64 * 62.10? Awesome, that's what!

I had imagined that it would take longer. I was going to make a celebratory post when I surpassed 1.00, or something. I guess I missed that!

Yeah, whatever, Dude, things are tough all over. Maybe someone else can help you by violating the DMCA on your anonymous behalf? Or maybe you can... you know... learn? Somehow, millions of Chinese tweens have managed to learn how to manipulate The Internet to their own profitable and productive devices in the last twenty years... but maybe you have a learning disability, or something. In any event, best of luck, Chuck!

Frankly, if you cannot figure this out, do you not wonder if you should ask yourself if you are even capable of understanding what you would be listening to anyway?

Also, btw, have you ever heard of Sharereactor? Because, about a dozen years ago, their forums were filled with alleged teenage mouthbreathers who posted over and over and over about how they could not figure out how to properly use freely documented technology, and damn, I gotta say... I haven't read a post from anyone who reminds me of those days, more than yours.

(see above, re: "google, motherfucker, use it", DMCA, narc)

I don't know what your problem is (other than being an arrogant asshole) so kindly fuck off. I know what I'm doing - despite what you think. Evidently you're under the erroneous impression that you are king-brain of the interwebs... pardon me if I don't give a shit Jackstar ... HAHA Jackstar --at least the first half of your name is appropriate... ass or off is a better fit for the latter.

Khameleon808

I was able to finally get mine seeded and then some :)

I have no complaints. I completely understand what a labor of love & work this was for everyone. Thank you sooo much Will.

mikealden

Quote from: williedee on April 22, 2014, 11:43:14 PM
A whole shitload of typos and errors? Whatever man, if youre finding so many you can go ahead and correct them. Just make sure you're not spelling Fukushima fukishima

I haven't seen any errors yet… I think he/she thinks that all their misspellings and misdated files are correct?

williedee

Quote from: mikealden on April 23, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
I haven't seen any errors yet… I think he/she thinks that all their misspellings and misdated files are correct?

Exactly.

mikealden

Quote from: williedee on April 23, 2014, 10:08:55 AM
Exactly.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, btw. That goes for everyone involved!

TheSheriff

Thank's to all involved, will seed when it downloads.

Wooodyii2

My show of gratitude will be for me to seed for a long time for everyone else ;D

Vladimir

Downloaded fairly quickly and seeding now. Thanks Williedee... you Rock!

conbrio

You are all full of crap... I just came back from 2023 to tell you I just finished listening to the shows.  I'm not allowed to tell you much more, but Williedee was nominated for the Nobel prize. 

jazmunda

Quote from: conbrio on April 23, 2014, 01:25:40 PM
You are all full of crap... I just came back from 2023 to tell you I just finished listening to the shows.  I'm not allowed to tell you much more, but Williedee was nominated for the Nobel prize.

I hope there were more than 6 weeks worth of Art Bell's Super Fantastic 2015 Internet Show added to the torrent by then.