• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: mv on April 18, 2018, 11:17:18 PM
It just occurred to me...

Tonight we had a chat with Art's replacement about Art's replacement.

Carry on.
Hey MV, Great job with Mr Noorey.  You gotta admit he has balls.  Can't we just all get along??? ;D

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 18, 2018, 09:16:53 PM
It's over?! I missed it. When can we hear the podcast?
Hey Girl, had to come back for this epic show...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on April 19, 2018, 09:10:51 AM
Hey MV, Great job with Mr Noorey.  You gotta admit he has balls.  Can't we just all get along??? ;D

Thanks babe.

How does cat litter get IN the bed?  I pull the sheets, covers, and comforter up and they sleep on top of that

AZZERAE

It was so great hearing Mr. Vandeven in my headphones once again.

MV, please do some more Trainwreck Radio. As I've expressed in multiple posts and to you personally, I love your commentary on American politics.

You're the next best thing to Rush.

ItsOver

Quote from: Zenman on April 18, 2018, 10:26:40 PM
Agreed.

georgenoorysucksslightlyless.com
Getting better every century.

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, mv! At least get a bimonthly poltical roundtable show going. These troubled times could use a demento universe McLaughlin Group. :)

SredniVashtar

I enjoyed the show, I hope there are many more of them. It was good to hear a bit of grounded discussion about Art and not just hagiography. I thought Element 115 sounded a bit like renegade ginger Curtis. I think anyone reasonably adept at reading between the lines figured out a lot from aldous's call, if they didn't know already.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 11:11:16 AM
Yeah, mv! At least get a bimonthly poltical roundtable show going. These troubled times could use a demento universe McLaughlin Group. :)

Come on, MV please! We're dying here!

The combination of that Art drone video where it ascends to the heavens, and listening to these past couple of Gabcasts has made me feel a little better about this whole sad situation.  Thanks mv & cohosts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 11:26:56 AM
I enjoyed the show, I hope there are many more of them. It was good to hear a bit of grounded discussion about Art and not just hagiography. I thought Element 115 sounded a bit like renegade ginger Curtis. I think anyone reasonably adept at reading between the lines figured out a lot from aldous's call, if they didn't know already.

So, are you going to share these between the line revelations with us? ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 19, 2018, 11:05:32 AM
How does cat litter get IN the bed?  I pull the sheets, covers, and comforter up and they sleep on top of that

Wipe your feet before you get into bed.

ponyboysunset

So I am re-listening to the bateman vs Heather episode of the gabcast and here are my thoughts (not that any of you asked for them  :P also it's 1-18-2016 for those interested.)

1. There was an attempt to make the forum into a censored place. God knows I've longed for moderation myself at times but I see the bigger picture now and why it's so important to protect free speech.

2. Lots of manipulation.

3. None of any of it should have ever been public. That reminds me a lot of what's happening now with Art's death regarding the sheriff, the song playing, the being pissed off at noory.

4. The amount of drama surrounded by Art and the inner group is very telling. Which goes back to aldous's candid points last night regrading secrecy. (PS aldous great call, and how stressful it must have been to try and remember what you can say and what you shouldn't say.)

5. In the end it's a fascinating mystery that I must pop more popcorn for.

MOAR Gabcasts.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

It sure did come off a tad cryptic, however, when he said read between the lines, I take it he intended for us to read between the lines

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 12:38:44 PM
It sure did come off a tad cryptic, however, when he said read between the lines, I take it he intended for us to read between the lines

I was there. I already have my own perceptions. I want to know what his are. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

It's like, all in the last verse of this song, man.

https://youtu.be/iqY35SYsyfQ

aldousburbank

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 12:38:25 PM
So I am re-listening to the bateman vs Heather episode of the gabcast and here are my thoughts (not that any of you asked for them  :P also it's 1-18-2016 for those interested.)

1. There was an attempt to make the forum into a censored place. God knows I've longed for moderation myself at times but I see the bigger picture now and why it's so important to protect free speech.

2. Lots of manipulation.

3. None of any of it should have ever been public. That reminds me a lot of what's happening now with Art's death regarding the sheriff, the song playing, the being pissed off at noory.

4. The amount of drama surrounded by Art and the inner group is very telling. Which goes back to aldous's candid points last night regrading secrecy. (PS aldous great call, and how stressful it must have been to try and remember what you can say and what you shouldn't say.)

5. In the end it's a fascinating mystery that I must pop more popcorn for.

MOAR Gabcasts.

Thanks PBS. It's hard for a hippie to act all CIA. If only the reverse were true.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 19, 2018, 12:43:32 PM
Thanks PBS. It's hard for a hippie to act all CIA. If only the reverse were true.
I could feel the stress in your voice. It's like you walked into a room and couldn't walk out and got fucking stuck man. And it's all because your cared about people too. Well better times ahead for sure. I loved your I got things to smoke and people to do line! ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 12:40:43 PM
I was there. I already have my own perceptions. I want to know what his are. ;)

Haw haw. Now that you mention it - so do I!

AZZERAE

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 19, 2018, 12:43:32 PM
It's hard for a hippie to act all CIA.

The experiences you shared on last nights show answered so many of the nagging questions I'm sure we all had. Thank you Aldous.

BobGrau

Goddamn it, I sat up all night obsessing over a dying pc and completely forgot about the show!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 12:38:44 PM

Aldous can correct me if I'm wrong, but he sounds like an honest guy who found himself in a false position and got tired of HW and co's BS. If her name is Heather Wade then I am Mae West. I think he wanted her to own up, she told him to go pound sand, and they haven't talked much since. He did it without betraying any secrets but dropped enough hints.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 01:08:08 PM
Aldous can correct me if I'm wrong, but he sounds like an honest guy who found himself in a false position and got tired of HW and co's BS. If her name is Heather Wade then I am Mae West. I think he wanted her to own up, she told him to go pound sand, and they haven't talked much since. He did it without betraying any secrets but dropped enough hints.

And this leads you to conclude?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 01:08:08 PM

aldous does sound like a guy.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 01:10:54 PM
And this leads you to conclude?

That she's his daughter and aldous got tired of putting up with her pretending. I think that's why they don't speak much now, because she's addicted to playing this role. That's also why she seems so fake. He's welcome to tell me I'm wrong but I don't expect him to confirm it if I am right.

Element 115

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 01:26:24 PM
That she's his daughter and aldous got tired of putting up with her pretending. I think that's why they don't speak much now, because she's addicted to playing this role. That's also why she seems so fake. He's welcome to tell me I'm wrong but I don't expect him to confirm it if I am right.

I tend to agree with this, great way of putting it.  I speculated this as well, it's the only thing that makes sense.  I believe Heather will disclose things soon.

AZZERAE

I'm not seeing what you're seeing exactly, Shreddy. But you've given me food for thought. Dayumn bra, you smart.

aldousburbank

I find the prodigal daughter theory inexplicably attractive but there is nothing that would make me think it to be so. I believe it to be BellGab chatter that bubbled up like speculative swampgas during the height of Heather Wade frustration and restless leg syndrome. Nonetheless, obfuscation was baked into this cake and it practically cries out for some decorative conspiratorial candles. As such, I'm giving an extra point for style.

Lord Grantham

It's too bad that to hear that Art was so down on the site, but there were some vicious trolls (who were later banned) in the AB thread at the time when he left so it's understandable.