• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sell Your Stuff

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 18, 2013, 06:02:40 PM

b_dubb

Looking forward to a related thread where people post video of Sirius XM radios being shot, dragged behind cars, blown up and set ablaze. Seriously.

Foodlion

Would be nice if someone get's a video of bigfoot coming from the bushes, picking up a XM radio someone used for bait, and bashing it against a tree.

Falkie2013

Quote from: b_dubb on November 05, 2013, 10:21:39 AM
Looking forward to a related thread where people post video of Sirius XM radios being shot, dragged behind cars, blown up and set ablaze. Seriously.

Well it wasn't radio but I did post a video of what was left of a local car dealer and living quarters after it caught fire recently.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wJsW7LsfE

http://martinezgazette.com/images-from-pacheco-blvd-fire/

http://martinezgazette.com/fire-destroys-pacheco-car-dealership-residence/

Some fairly spectacular photos in the stories above.

It was around the time Art's show was due to start.

If you look at Pacheco Blvd on Google Maps they show what the place used to look like in 2011.

Caruthers612

I noticed this 'sell your stuff' section and thought as I'm now selling some of my rather excellent guitar gear on eBay, I'd try this as well. Gear ranges from DSP effects to one or two instruments, perhaps, and lots of sundry bits and pieces. How's that for vague. I'm just mentioning it here to see if there's even any interest. If so, I can provide as much details as ya like.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Caruthers612 on December 13, 2013, 03:16:27 AM
       I noticed this 'sell your stuff' section and thought as I'm now selling some of my rather excellent guitar gear on eBay, I'd try this as well. Gear ranges from DSP effects to one or two instruments, perhaps, and lots of sundry bits and pieces. How's that for vague. I'm just mentioning it here to see if there's even any interest. If so, I can provide as much details as ya like.

you might also consider linking to the ebay listing.

Quote from: MV on December 13, 2013, 01:28:56 PM
you might also consider linking to the ebay listing.

If he had, I would have clicked that shit.

"G SHIT WOULD YOU FUCK A GHOST?"

Anyone want to sell one of those sand art picture frames? I am looking to buy one of those things where you turn it around and the sand piles up in certain places.

Nova

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 26, 2014, 04:55:27 PM
Anyone want to sell one of those sand art picture frames? I am looking to buy one of those things where you turn it around and the sand piles up in certain places.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sand%20art%20picture%20frames

area51drone

For Sale:

Set up your own Anti-George Noory forum, and have thousands of posts instantly!   All of Bellgab.com's copyrighted Falkie (tm) and The Guy from Pittsburgh (tm) material is up for grabs to the highest bidder.   Yes, folks, you got it right, Bellgab.com has secretly been grabbing the rights to all the content from the Southwest's big guy himself.   Posts covering topics like creamed cheese whiz, old TV shows, farting chairs and copyright infringement can all be yours today.  EVERY post will be included, all 10,000+ of them, including the famed Bart Ell animated gif collection.  There is enough content here to get your new forum site enough daily traffic that it will pay for itself in ad revenue in just a few weeks!   Word your terms of service right and you can have a website that will pay your studio apartment rent for the rest of your life.   Included with the purchase will be the domain GeorgeNoorySucksTheBigFatOneAndFalkieSaysSo.com.   Act now, only one person can own the rights to all Falkie material from 2013 on, and it just might be you.  Contact Bellgab's hotline if interested.  1-800-555-FALKIE

Bellgab.com will not be held responsible if you are unable to rid your new forum of shit seeking flies.

FallenSeraph

In case we have any avid doll collectors here (LOL), I'm selling my Lucy of the Second Zombie Edition BJD (ball-jointed doll) on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCY-OF-THE-2ND-ZOMBIE-EDITION-LE-GLORYDOLL-BJD-new-w-box-creepy-doll-rare-/331124999390

[attachimg=1]

She's fabulous.

I will admit I cried when someone actually bid on her last night, though.  :(

Coming soon for the men: taxidermy.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 08, 2014, 03:09:14 PM
In case we have any avid doll collectors here (LOL), I'm selling my Lucy of the Second Zombie Edition BJD (ball-jointed doll) on eBay here:

Coming soon for the men: taxidermy.
That is a high-end doll! It seems like on of those collectibles that you can buy and when you sell it you can pretty much always sell it for what you bought it for or even make a few dollars (loses no value). I know some people that do that with guns. Pay $600, use it for a few years, then sell it for $600.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 08, 2014, 05:18:14 PM
That is a high-end doll! It seems like on of those collectibles that you can buy and when you sell it you can pretty much always sell it for what you bought it for or even make a few dollars (loses no value). I know some people that do that with guns. Pay $600, use it for a few years, then sell it for $600.

Yeah, I used to be an avid BJD (Asian ball-jointed doll, there's a whole BJD-enthusiast subculture out there) collector. My doll collection is worth about $12K. I used to be ashamed about paying $700 - $1,500 for a doll until I met women who paid that much and more for one pair of shoes or a purse. To each his/her own.

I could navel-gaze now and say that throwing money around on frivolous luxuries like that was exactly why I needed to lose it all and live a more humble lifestyle for a while. If I ever get back on my feet, I'm gonna look at money in a whole new light. You probably won't see me buying any more BJDs, unless it's to track down the person who buys this one and one day try to buy her back.

I have to hide them all any time people come over to my place anyway. Trying to tell a man you're dating that, "Oh by the way, I collect creepy dolls" is right up there with:

"Oh, by the way, this bra is totally padded."
"Oh, by the way, I live with my parents."
"Oh, by the way, I'm unemployed."

And I wouldn't know from personal experience but I imagine:

"Oh, by the way, I have genital warts."
"Oh, by the way, I have a penis."

gbneely

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 08, 2014, 05:29:41 PM
I have to hide them all any time people come over to my place anyway. Trying to tell a man you're dating that, "Oh by the way, I collect creepy dolls" is right up there with:

If I was picking someone up for a date, I think the last two would be much worse than any of the others, but that's just me.

Yeah, I used to be an avid BJD (Asian ball-jointed doll, there's a whole BJD-enthusiast subculture out there) collector. My doll collection is worth about $12K. ..To each his/her own.
Your doll collection probably outperformed my 401k...so maybe its not that bad a use of money.

Someone should make like folding background display dioramas for those dolls. One that looks like the inside of the Palace of Versailles, an ancient gothic castle, a roccoco ballroom. You could have one line of existing famous places (Buckingham Palace, Versailles, the Hermitage). A second line of original roccoco styled creations ballroom/drawing room/ music room (comes with a scale figure toy piano you can sit the doll at). And then a third line designed by a famous designer (Mark Ryden?) designed backgrounds.

Diroama B-1 Rococco Room

Foodlion

And here I was eating hot dogs for dinner :(

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 08, 2014, 05:44:08 PM

Someone should make like folding background display dioramas for those dolls. One that looks like the inside of the Palace of Versailles, an ancient gothic castle, a roccoco ballroom. You could have one line of existing famous places (Buckingham Palace, Versailles, the Hermitage). A second line of original roccoco styled creations ballroom/drawing room/ music room (comes with a scale figure toy piano you can sit the doll at). And then a third line designed by a famous designer (Mark Ryden?) designed backgrounds.

This is a brilliant idea, seriously. I'd be all over that.

And HEY, to you artistic types, there's a HUGE market in painting faceups for these dolls. These people don't blink at paying up to $3K for these dolls; they're not going to blink at spending another $100 to $500 for a OOAK face up that distinguishes theirs from the rest.

[attachimg=1]

One of my brothers is an artist. I keep trying to get him to get into doll faceups as an additional revenue stream. Hell, if I had the talent, I'd be all over it.

Quote from: Foodlion on February 08, 2014, 05:49:47 PM
And here I was eating hot dogs for dinner :(

LOL - sorry  ;D

Yeah, I used to be an avid BJD (Asian ball-jointed doll, there's a whole BJD-enthusiast subculture out there) collector. My doll collection is worth about $12K. I used to be ashamed about paying $700 - $1,500 for a doll until I met women who paid that much and more for one pair of shoes or a purse. To each his/her own.

I could navel-gaze now and say that throwing money around on frivolous luxuries like that was exactly why I needed to lose it all and live a more humble lifestyle for a while. If I ever get back on my feet, I'm gonna look at money in a whole new light. You probably won't see me buying any more BJDs, unless it's to track down the person who buys this one and one day try to buy her back.

Very interesting. You just never know what a person might find worth collecting. However, I see no reason why any man would feel uncomfortable around your collection.  If said potential  beaux does take issue with it, then he's not ''the one''

And you're right...my girl has a collection of designer bags and shoes that would put a dent in the national debt. Whatever, it's her ''thing'' and makes her happy.

FallenSeraph

One down, three to go.  :(

The next doll on the chopping block. A mere $2K and she can be yours. (laugh)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331130940088

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

She's soooooooo bad-ass, I can hardly stand it.

Tell your friends.

area51drone

Yeah, that would be a relationship ender for me.  The worst part is if you sell off all your dolls and then expect to use a guy's money once you are together to buy more for your collection.   If my wife did that I would be filing papers on short order.  There are plenty of worthwhile things to collect instead - like kids or animals.   A doll just sits on the shelf collecting dust.

My hobby is expensive - pinball machines that cost anywhere from $20-$5500 (the most I ever spent on one), but they bring in a good income stream for me and my family, and they've grown in value probably triple what my initial investment has been. 

Bart Ell

Quote from: area51drone on February 18, 2014, 06:29:26 AM
If my wife did that I would be filing papers on short order.

Would you have to mail her back to the country you purchased her from or is that only for the trip to you?

area51drone

Quote from: Bart Ell on February 18, 2014, 06:38:35 AM
Would you have to mail her back to the country you purchased her from or is that only for the trip to you?

I'd mail both my wives back, thank you very much.   Then I'd go get two more just like 'em, sans the doll fetish.

Yorkshire pud

Yeah, that would be a relationship ender for me.  The worst part is if you sell off all your dolls and then expect to use a guy's money once you are together to buy more for your collection.   If my wife did that I would be filing papers on short order.  There are plenty of worthwhile things to collect instead - like kids or animals.   A doll just sits on the shelf collecting dust.

Oh I bet you're fun to live with.

My hobby is expensive - pinball machines that cost anywhere from $20-$5500 (the most I ever spent on one), but they bring in a good income stream for me and my family, and they've grown in value probably triple what my initial investment has been.

You haven't bought them because they bring in income for you and your family; You couldn't care less if they did or didn't. You've bought them because you like collecting pin ball machines. If you're going to try and justify your selfish misogyny at least be honest about it.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 18, 2014, 10:54:46 AM
Oh I bet you're fun to live with.
You haven't bought them because they bring in income for you and your family; You couldn't care less if they did or didn't. You've bought them because you like collecting pin ball machines. If you're going to try and justify your selfish misogyny at least be honest about it.

Puddy, you take much of what I say too seriously.    Would I really go stop my wife from purchasing a bunch of dolls?  No, but I would be pretty unhappy if she shelled out thousands of dollars for useless trinkets.  She would be upset too if I did the same, and I can tell you there have been times when she was not so supportive of my pinball collecting habits.  But it has been a couple years since I bought a game, and she has seen the wisdom of my ways with regards to the income and the value, along with the fun the kids have with them.    She's quite glad when the money comes rolling in.  I could have done a lot worse for a hobby.   I don't monitor my wife's spending in the least - unless I see a gazillion amazon boxes coming in then I might ask her whats up.   Most of the time she is just buying household stuff, or stuff for her new expensive hobby, the chickens (see the "all in" post).   But she's loving it and it's giving back to the house so I'm very supportive of her.

awake

Quote from: area51drone on February 18, 2014, 11:23:55 AM
my pinball collecting habits. 

Area;
you collect these things?  I have a Chicago Coins Top Ten machine.  Restored and completely functioning.  Even the spin wheel.  What I cannot find is an approximate value.  Here is the description on the pinball museum website:  [size=78%]http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=15059[/size].

If you have any idea where I might get an idea on a value, just because it would be nice to know, I'd appreciate it. 

area51drone

Quote from: awake on February 18, 2014, 12:01:05 PM

Area;
you collect these things?  I have a Chicago Coins Top Ten machine.  Restored and completely functioning.  Even the spin wheel.  What I cannot find is an approximate value.  Here is the description on the pinball museum website:  [size=78%]http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=15059[/size].

If you have any idea where I might get an idea on a value, just because it would be nice to know, I'd appreciate it.

Here's a better link to reference your game:

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2591

Pricing:  $426 average sale price on ebay, that is probably the pick-up at my door price.  You can offer North American Van Lines shipping, but make them arrange it and pay for it separately if you're going to sell it that route.    The minimum that game sold for, again on ebay, was $100, the most it sold for was $1600, I don't know if that included shipping or not.

If you want to sell it in a short amount of time, $400-$500 is a reasonable price for a electro mechanical game like that, in average shape.  If you have had it completely restored and it looks awesome, then maybe $700 or even $800.   These are craigslist prices I'm telling you.    I am shocked someone got $1600 for it, but if you are willing to ebay it at a "buy it now price" for that high, then go for the gusto - I have friends who have gotten prices I didn't believe were possible on ebay.   You will not get that kind of money in a regular auction format.   I personally have only sold games on craigslist.   Sadly, if you put a bunch of money into it, you probably won't see that come back to you.

These figures come from Boston Pinball...   http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBay112013.htm

Feel free to post pictures or PM me with pictures and I'll tell you what kind of condition it's in.

FallenSeraph

There are plenty of worthwhile things to collect instead - like kids or animals.   A doll just sits on the shelf collecting dust.

Not if you train them to carry around little knives and creep around in the dark.

Sweet dreams, beeezotch!  ;) ;)

[attachimg=1]
(Look what Warner Bros. sent journalists to promote the movie "The Conjuring"! Most awesome press kit ever.)

area51drone

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 18, 2014, 12:37:32 PM
Not if you train them to carry around little knives and creep around in the dark.

Sweet dreams, beeezotch!  ;) ;)

[attachimg=1]
(Look what Warner Bros. sent journalists to promote the movie "The Conjuring"! Most awesome press kit ever.)

True!  And Chucky was definitely a little terror.  I'd pay $20k for one of those!

awake

Quote from: area51drone on February 18, 2014, 12:11:59 PM
Here's a better link to reference your game:

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2591

Pricing:  $426 average sale price on ebay, that is probably the pick-up at my door price.  You can offer North American Van Lines shipping, but make them arrange it and pay for it separately if you're going to sell it that route.    The minimum that game sold for, again on ebay, was $100, the most it sold for was $1600, I don't know if that included shipping or not.

If you want to sell it in a short amount of time, $400-$500 is a reasonable price for a electro mechanical game like that, in average shape.  If you have had it completely restored and it looks awesome, then maybe $700 or even $800.   These are craigslist prices I'm telling you.    I am shocked someone got $1600 for it, but if you are willing to ebay it at a "buy it now price" for that high, then go for the gusto - I have friends who have gotten prices I didn't believe were possible on ebay.   You will not get that kind of money in a regular auction format.   I personally have only sold games on craigslist.   Sadly, if you put a bunch of money into it, you probably won't see that come back to you.

These figures come from Boston Pinball...   http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBay112013.htm

Feel free to post pictures or PM me with pictures and I'll tell you what kind of condition it's in.

thanks Area51; I'm truly just asking out of curiosity.  I've just had it restored and all of that and wondered if I'd been on a fools errand.  I'm going to wax the wood with carnuba this weekend and then I'll take some shots and PM you.  Thank you very much for all the effort!  I could not find it on ebay for some reason.  I've had it since late 1970's so I had it brought back because of the memories of playing it as a child.  I think it looks great though so I will proud to send along some shots!  Thank you again.

area51drone

Quote from: awake on February 18, 2014, 01:30:01 PM

thanks Area51; I'm truly just asking out of curiosity.  I've just had it restored and all of that and wondered if I'd been on a fools errand.  I'm going to wax the wood with carnuba this weekend and then I'll take some shots and PM you.  Thank you very much for all the effort!  I could not find it on ebay for some reason.  I've had it since late 1970's so I had it brought back because of the memories of playing it as a child.  I think it looks great though so I will proud to send along some shots!  Thank you again.

Yeah definitely do, I would like to see it.  If you've had it that long, you've had it almost its entire life!  Should be in pretty good shape unless you never waxed it in the first place.   Those playfields tended to just get trashed back then.    They introduced Mylar in the 80's and Diamond Coat (like a hard coat for cars) in the 90's which helped, but only so much.   Games still got wear on them.    Pinballs are like a piece of art, and to each and every person you could assign a different value to different machines.   It's fun to have the one that you remember from back when.  My game of choice from the early days of playing was Black Knight 2000.   It was the first game I bought when I got my first job after college, and I still have it in my living room.   

Black Knight 2000 after a shop job

awake

That game looks great!  Yeah, it's nice to have few things from childhood that you can still enjoy as an adult.