• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

if you ran into george on the street whats the first thing you would say?

Started by tweet75, March 21, 2013, 11:13:08 AM

Yorkshire pud

"Sorry mate, I'm running to catch my train/bus?"...  :)

"Hi George, are you the George Noory? Hey did you know you've been elevated to the Jerry Springer syndrome?"

"No, what's that?"

"A show that people love, but pretend to hate, must go George, bye"

Falkie2013

I don't think I could control myself. I'd probably go postal on him and start strangling him like I was in some movie scene yelling something like :

" You dumb son of a bitch. You've ruined my favorite show and you're a f*ucking moron. "

and screaming similar epithets over and over again, all the while looking for an open manhole cover to shove him into.

And after he choked to death, they'd take me away to the funny farm forever.

Or maybe the judge and jury would acquit me as performing a needed public service.

That's my gut reaction.

I do know that if I ever see him again at a UFO conference like I did in San Jose a few years ago I'm going to probably read him the riot act and tell him just how much he is hated and despised by so many. Maybe during a q & a session assuming that he dares to have one. I do know people did come up to him after his speeches and talk to him but he didn't stay long.

Probably needed to get away to inject his hourly turmerick fix in order to stay alive.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 21, 2013, 01:55:19 PM

I don't think I could control myself. I'd probably go postal on him and start strangling him like I was in some movie scene yelling something like :

" You dumb son of a bitch. You've ruined my favorite show and you're a f*ucking moron. "

and screaming similar epithets over and over again, all the while looking for an open manhole cover to shove him into.

And after he choked to death, they'd take me away to the funny farm forever.

Or maybe the judge and jury would acquit me as performing a needed public service.

That's my gut reaction.

I do know that if I ever see him again at a UFO conference like I did in San Jose a few years ago I'm going to probably read him the riot act and tell him just how much he is hated and despised by so many. Maybe during a q & a session assuming that he dares to have one. I do know people did come up to him after his speeches and talk to him but he didn't stay long.

Probably needed to get away to inject his hourly turmerick fix in order to stay alive.

Wow; you need to consider therapy if he can generate that much anger in you.. Seriously? Because of a radio show?  :-\

I would pretend to be his biggest fan and ask him all kinds of insider type information

ShayP

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 21, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
I would pretend to be his biggest fan and ask him all kinds of insider type information

I'd go that route too.  I'd ask him to be my mentor.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 21, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

Wow; you need to consider therapy if he can generate that much anger in you.. Seriously? Because of a radio show?  :-\

I've felt like I've been a victim of a type of weird Stockholm Syndrome listening to this guy on and off for the last 10 years and feel powerless that I can't do anything about it to improve the situation.

I normally can't stand stupidity in people and we get that every night from him.  There are times I've wound up yelling at the radio because he says something either so wrong or so stupid.

But then I and others I've hung out with had/have no compunction at yelling at the umpire either when we went to ball games.

Listening to Art was a joy for all those years. Listening to Snoory is the radio equivalent of waterboarding.

I wouldn't really do anything to him physically but I'm not going to lie and say I haven't thought about it.

Like Harrison Ford said in Air Force One :

" Get off MY airplane ! "

I say to Snoory :

" Get off MY radio ! "

I do have a temper and have had to physically attack people who were attacking me or when I had to defend myself from assault when I worked out in the open as a job a long, long time ago. I was robbed 4 times while working nights and the job I had back then stopping having all of us work nights because the streets got too dangerous, not only for us but drivers for the companies as well.

Listening to Snoory is like watching a train wreck. You see it in front of you but you cannot believe what your eyes are conveying to you.

Snoory is a train wreck waiting to happen. Night after gawdawful night.

Years ago, I'd have lost my temper if I had to deal with someone like Snoory on a regular basis. G*d only knows what it would be like to work with the idiot day after day.

You do seem to make assumptions about me that are quite far from the truth.

I am an emotional type and make no bones about it.

Comes from being a Taurus with all the positive and negative traits I guess. I only put up with so much from idiots.

Snoory's presence on the air is an insult to everyone who has ever and will ever listen to talk radio.

Meanandnasty

Pleased to meet your sir, and what everyone is saying about you on the streets of Hollywood is true, you suck.

b_dubb

I know where there are some children we can torture ... then lead him into a dark room where he is forced to watch stock footage of clowns till his head pops like a zit

And just to confirm ... the guy hates clowns right?

ItsOver

I think Jorch claims clowns scare him.  You'd think he might be avoiding mirrors, if that's the case.

analog kid

Quote from: b_dubb on March 21, 2013, 09:11:43 PM
I know where there are some children we can torture ... then lead him into a dark room where he is forced to watch stock footage of clowns till his head pops like a zit

And just to confirm ... the guy hates clowns right?

But the former would kindle his interests, and give him show material for months...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 21, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

I've felt like I've been a victim of a type of weird Stockholm Syndrome listening to this guy on and off for the last 10 years and feel powerless that I can't do anything about it to improve the situation.

I normally can't stand stupidity in people and we get that every night from him.  There are times I've wound up yelling at the radio because he says something either so wrong or so stupid.

Then can I suggest you listen to something else? Whale song or rain for example? Honestly, repeatedly banging your head against a wall and complaining it hurts isn't rational. Is it? Being amused by someones deluded idiocy (Hoagland for example) is one thing, but lining yourself up to have your blood pressure go through the roof is silly and if as you say makes you emotional, really not a good thing.

onan

Sometimes we speak metaphorically, well I do anyway, and many love to pitch a fit. A fit that will cause no fallout. I think that fits the situation... and Falkie may need, god knows sometimes I do, a place to vent with a bit more energy than others.
Not that most are leaning on my every word... but coping skills are very complex. They are set up with the underpinnings of an infant mind. Our first realization that we have any control in life comes from a mixture of confusion, frustration, fear, and anger. All brought on by a sense of loss of comfort. Now here comes the confusing part. Once an infant reacts, with the only tool they have, crying, they are rewarded with attention. So all the negative feelings and the crying bring about a positive response. So, it is very understandable why something that brought a great deal of comfort would at the same time bring about feelings of angst and anger.
ok imma done now you can come back in.

IvannZ

I would tell him what a talented man he is and that he is loved. I would then shake his hand and give him a big hug.

onan

Quote from: IvannZ on March 22, 2013, 07:02:49 AM
I would tell him what a talented man he is and that he is loved. I would then shake his hand and give him a big hug.
And then he would have you arrested for assault.

Yorkshire pud

No tongues though..

ItsOver

....then I'd be wiping the Kiwi polish off my clothes and heading for the shower.....

analog kid

McPhallus

Admit it, you LOVE George.  And in a man-to-man type of way.  You dream of a tryst between you, him, and Tommy Boy.

Quote from: IvannZ on March 22, 2013, 07:09:45 AM

Your always such a buzzkill  :(

McPhallus

Quote from: tweet75 on March 21, 2013, 11:13:08 AM
?

"What happened to your hair!?"

A while back, someone on this forum actually did bump into George Noory at the St. Louis airport (I forget who).  I don't think they interacted, though, apart from eye contact.

Excuse me sir, may I please use your mustache to clean the mud off the bottom of my boots.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 21, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

Listening to Art was a joy for all those years. Listening to Snoory is the radio equivalent of waterboarding.

Listening to Snoory is like watching a train wreck. You see it in front of you but you cannot believe what your eyes are conveying to you.
Snoory is a train wreck waiting to happen. Night after gawdawful night.
Years ago, I'd have lost my temper if I had to deal with someone like Snoory on a regular basis. G*d only knows what it would be like to work with the idiot day after day.
Snoory's presence on the air is an insult to everyone who has ever and will ever listen to talk radio.

Robert

I've listened to your shows.  Wouldn't you really rather be doing other topics?