• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

Auslandia

Quote from: zeebo on February 29, 2016, 10:26:13 PM
Sounds great - reminds me of the guy on Gilligan's Island who surfed back to Hawaii.  I'll have to check that one out.

I overgeneralize but it reminded me of listening to my wife's uncle get high and try to tell me a story. By the end of the conversation I hadn't said a word nor  did I have a clue what we were talking about.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Auslandia on March 01, 2016, 07:27:11 AM
I overgeneralize but it reminded me of listening to my wife's uncle get high and try to tell me a story. By the end of the conversation I hadn't said a word nor  did I have a clue what we were talking about.
"What you mean 'we,' kemosabe?"

Gledders

GREAT NEWS:

Howard Hughes will now be presenting The Unexplained exactly where it should be, on the radio!

New UK station TalkRadio has signed Howard up for Sunday nights 10pm to 1am.

Source: http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/03/jon-holmes-to-host-afternoons-on-talkradio/

The information is confirmed. TalkRadio begins broadcasting in the UK on 31st March 2016.

Link: http://www.talkradio.co.uk

Availability: At the time of posting, the show will be available on DAB Radios in the UK, however it is likely that the station will be streamed and available from TuneIn.

Best

Gledders
anomaly.co.uk

Gledders

Correction: It begins on 21st March not 31st.

cweb

Good news!

Should I take these times as GMT? Meaning (at my Eastern time zone) I might expect to hear a stream from 5pm to 8pm? I'll stay tuned to see if one happens.

Also, that top link no longer works. I get a database error. (Nevermind.... The top link works now.)

I saw that on FB yesterday but no links were included. It's good to see that it's confirmed! Howard Hughes is great.

zeebo

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 08, 2016, 11:48:09 AM
I saw that on FB yesterday but no links were included. It's good to see that it's confirmed! Howard Hughes is great.

Agreed, very cool. Good for HH.

Auslandia

Auslandia

So Howard  interviewed Jessie Marcell III whose  grandfather was the intelligence officer  presiding over the Roswell ufo deal. Turns out that this guy is a horrible interview and simultaneously said nothing of substance during a painful 1 hour interview. I'm not even sure what I just listened to. He must've been nervous because he was rambling like nothing I've ever heard. Howard would ask him a question… Something simple like were there aliens found?  His answer would be something like "my grandfather would just smile."  I mean what kind of fucking answer is that? I'm going to have to listen to it again just to make sure I didn't miss something but I swear to fucking god this guy answered zero questions.  And apparently he's on a book tour. What in gods name could his book possibly be about that hasn't already been written?

cweb

Quote from: Auslandia on March 21, 2016, 07:27:25 AM
So Howard  interviewed Jessie Marcell III whose  grandfather was the intelligence officer  presiding over the Roswell ufo deal. Turns out that this guy is a horrible interview and simultaneously said nothing of substance during a painful 1 hour interview. I'm not even sure what I just listened to. He must've been nervous because he was rambling like nothing I've ever heard. Howard would ask him a question… Something simple like were there aliens found?  His answer would be something like "my grandfather would just smile."  I mean what kind of fucking answer is that? I'm going to have to listen to it again just to make sure I didn't miss something but I swear to fucking god this guy answered zero questions.  And apparently he's on a book tour. What in gods name could his book possibly be about that hasn't already been written?
I just downloaded that. Was worried because it said "III" instead of "Jr." His dad was a good interview, but I was afraid that the grandson would be going on second-hand-second-hand (third-hand?) information. I'll check it out, but will probably end up agreeing with your assessment.

I'm sure Howard tried. They can't all be winners.

RickySsan

Quote from: Auslandia on March 21, 2016, 07:27:25 AM

Just because they carry the same name  doesn't guarantee a great interview

Gledders

Perhaps I'm the only person who enjoyed the interview. I found Marcel upfront, amiable and chatty. He seemed genuine when recounting his grandfathers memories. Ok so he has a book to publicise, but who doesn't.

centaurie

Been tooling around on the talkradio.co.uk website. Looks like you can listen to replays.

Checked out today's schedule and under each hour is a listen again link.

http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/schedule/2016-03-21

This should be the first date for the radio version of The Unexplained.
http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/schedule/2016-03-27

My first and last post on this thread: The show is very good, and so is the host.
check it out!
tip: I always use RSS feed on these podcasts, it just works better for me.

Auslandia

Quote from: cweb on March 21, 2016, 09:53:13 AM
I just downloaded that. Was worried because it said "III" instead of "Jr." His dad was a good interview, but I was afraid that the grandson would be going on second-hand-second-hand (third-hand?) information. I'll check it out, but will probably end up agreeing with your assessment.

I'm sure Howard tried. They can't all be winners.

It's was unbelievably bad.  Howard did what he could but the guy was a mess.

cweb

Howard's live show aired on Sunday. It's available here:
Quote from: centaurie on March 21, 2016, 01:24:16 PM
This should be the first date for the radio version of The Unexplained.
http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/schedule/2016-03-27

Looks to be a blend of live calls and some of his podcast material. I haven't had time to listen in any detail, but it sounded like he was quite invigorated by being live and doing this material again. Nice!

Gledders

I listened lived whilst out playing Ingress. Not that it's relevant :-)
He sounded happy to be back but was beset by problems with the switchboard. Shame as I was going to call in.
Going back to my interview with him from Christmas, would anyone be interested in hearing it if I put it out as a special episode of my podcast?

73s

I'm a new listener and just wanted to say I'm really enjoying Howard's show so far. I like downloading from iTunes and listening while out for a jog or commuting.

cweb

Howard's second live show was today. I like being able to download it from the talkradio.co.uk site (http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1459717200) but my only minor niggle is that they don't list the guests on the page. Makes it harder to go back and find certain shows. I understand it's just a recent archive in case you missed it, but that's my tiny suggestion.

Yes, 73s, Howard rules. Glad you also found Dark City!

73s

Quote from: cweb on April 03, 2016, 06:48:41 PM

Yeah so am I! I came to the board originally to try to figure out what was happening with the MITD show and Heather taking over. But I've discovered several other shows now and I'm starting to prefer them to MITD, as it stands now. I like that some of the hosts post on Bellgab and read comments too, that makes it more interesting.

GravitySucks

Howard's second live show was today. I like being able to download it from the talkradio.co.uk site (http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1459717200) but my only minor niggle is that they don't list the guests on the page. Makes it harder to go back and find certain shows. I understand it's just a recent archive in case you missed it, but that's my tiny suggestion.

Perform a public service. Create a website called ExplainingTheUnexplained and keep a running tabulation of the guests for each show.

RickySsan

download vermin at http://hillbillysoftware.com/, add the unexplained rss feed (might be a default podcast in the installer) and voila..

cweb

Quote from: RickySsan on April 06, 2016, 11:16:05 AM
download vermin at http://hillbillysoftware.com/, add the unexplained rss feed (might be a default podcast in the installer) and voila..
While his podcast does have an RSS feed, the live show archives (on talkradio.co.uk) do not. Plus, the files don't have descriptions. It's not terrible to have to buzz through the live shows to find the guests, since I have to merge the mp3 files and delete the commercials anyway. However, having some indication of the guests on the site might encourage new listeners. That's where I'm coming from with my suggestion, really.

73s

Just listened to the second part of the Ray Hernandez interview. Good stuff.  Howard kind of jumped ugly with him midway through it, he was getting frustrated with Ray's non-answers about why various experts at universities around the world had no interest in his abduction data, or whatever (and why he chose to use "Survey Monkey", lol). Always seems like these woo-woo guys have some excuse for why the photos are blurry or non-existent, why no evidence exists, some "conspiracy" set against them, etc.

I think the hosts these days are becoming more discerning and less blindly accepting of nonsense from these guys, which is refreshing. I'm glad Howard seems to be going in this direction with it.

73s

Any other fans of HH out there? Man I'm really enjoying his show I have to say. I wish it was on more frequently and on a live basis, although I guess he's added a live show Sunday nights.

Does Howard post on Bellgab??

cweb

Quote from: 73s on April 21, 2016, 01:17:57 PM
Any other fans of HH out there? Man I'm really enjoying his show I have to say. I wish it was on more frequently and on a live basis, although I guess he's added a live show Sunday nights.

Does Howard post on Bellgab??
He's got a decent following here. I haven't seen him post, but he has mentioned Bellgab and some members during his shout-outs. I wouldn't be surprised if he peruses here every now and again.

jjsmooth

hahaha... a great caller on the Howard Hughes show. "James" calls in about 4:45 into the 22:30 - 23:00 portion of the show:
http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/listen-again/1459717200#

He shares some interesting results from remote viewing Marilyn Monroe.

73s

http://talkradio.co.uk/radio/schedule/2016-04-24

If my time zones are right this should be 5 PM EDT/2 PM PDT to hear Howard's show live this Sunday.

We ought to start a live thread for this show.