• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

henge0stone

Its really cool that he's on the Dark Matter network, really fits in.

Spinner

Listening now to the latest edition, an interview with Marcus Allen.
Howard read the email I sent him on the air!   :)

zeebo

With all the MITD shows I've forgotten I still have some HH archive binge-listening to do.  Quite enjoyed what I've heard so far.

Chronaut

This show is wonderful.  Howard is clearly enamored with broadcasting and the paranormal topics I love, and he's had some great guests.  And he offers his commercial-free shows in an open archive for the public.  I love this guy.  I'm sending him a donation tomorrow for being so cool and generous with his program.

cweb

Howard's last few shows have been great. Some interesting topics worth checking out.

At the top of his most recent show, he says some nice things about Art Bell and expresses his disappointment with the circumstances. Class act!

zeebo

Quote from: cweb on December 17, 2015, 10:44:05 AM
Howard's last few shows have been great. Some interesting topics worth checking out.

At the top of his most recent show, he says some nice things about Art Bell and expresses his disappointment with the circumstances. Class act!

Thanks for the info cweb.  I'll have to check that out. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: cweb on December 17, 2015, 10:44:05 AM

I usually forget to go over there and grab his eps--He is a class act and I have new-found respect for him.

TigerLily

I've been meaning to check HH out.  He's on DMDN now? Live or podcasts? What time? I would look this up myself but get depressed trying to maneuver the website. And I'm already depressed enough.

Can someone help out a sad TigerLily and just spoon feed me the info? Thanks

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 17, 2015, 10:34:20 PM
I've been meaning to check HH out.  He's on DMDN now? Live or podcasts? What time? I would look this up myself but get depressed trying to maneuver the website. And I'm already depressed enough.

http://theunexplained.tv/category/paranormal-podcasts

zeebo

As requested, a spoonful of paranormal sugar my dear. 

http://theunexplained.tv/

henge0stone

probably the best song on the network now

henge0stone

Quote from: henge0stone on December 18, 2015, 11:05:22 PM
probably the best song on the network now

I meant show but he doesn't appear to be on the network anymore.

henge0stone

he's on itunes too. Probably going to be my replacement for Art once I finish the archives. I'm almost done with 07 and I heard all the DM shows and most of the MITD ones so its getting close  :-\

Spinner

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 10:21:14 PM
I usually forget to go over there and grab his eps--He is a class act and I have new-found respect for him.
All you need to remember is three shows! "MITD," "Dark City", and "The Unexplained." Everything else is optional (and probably unnecessary).
Get your act together, soldier!

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on December 19, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
All you need to remember is three shows! "MITD," "Dark City", and "The Unexplained." Everything else is optional (and probably unnecessary).

Good advice Spinner - I'd only augment it with the very occasional weekend c2c show. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Spinner on December 19, 2015, 12:01:39 PM

That's not a bad list! I'd also like to request to fill in with Expanded Perspectives also. Those good 'ole boys can field dress a deer and talk about the paranormal without getting out of breath. 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Spinner on July 04, 2014, 09:25:36 PM
I had not listened to this show in a while, so I decided to see what I had missed.
I just finished listening to an interview with Gerrard Williams (a well-respected British journalist), who wrote a book titled "Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler" a couple of years ago. It was fascinating.
http://theunexplained.tv/

Just started listening to it. You know they're doing a TV show with this guy, called Hunting Hitler, on the History Channel. I'm totally into it.

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 01:22:02 PM
Good advice Spinner - I'd only augment it with the very occasional weekend c2c show.

mostly the Knapp ones

Gledders

Good morning from not so sunny England on Christmas Eve.

On the 26th between 1800 and 2200 GMT I will be presenting a show on the paranormal on local radio here. Howard Hughes will be my guest. If you have any questions for him, post them here and I'll make sure they get asked.

If you want to listen, it's:
104fm in Cambridgeshire, UK. Or....
HCRfm.co.uk to listen online.  Or....
The TuneIn app on your unextinguished device.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Coffeeman

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 23, 2015, 06:58:18 AM
Just started listening to it. You know they're doing a TV show with this guy, called Hunting Hitler, on the History Channel. I'm totally into it.

Yeah, I actually bought the book because of that episode Hughes did with the author. The guy is no professional historian, and he admits it, but it's pretty good so far.

Coffeeman

Quote from: Gledders on December 24, 2015, 04:34:48 AM

On the 26th between 1800 and 2200 GMT I will be presenting a show on the paranormal on local radio here. Howard Hughes will be my guest. If you have any questions for him, post them here and I'll make sure they get asked.

Forgive my potentially stupid question, but what is your station on TuneIn?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gledders on December 24, 2015, 04:34:48 AM

Good Morning!

I'm looking forward to your interview! I've just recently found Howard Hughes through the Dark Matter Digital Network.

First, as a new listener to Hughes' show, I don't know anything about his broadcast history--but I don't know if that would be boring old ground or not. 

Second, in an ad on the DMDN Hughes says he's a close friend of Richard C Hoagland. I'd like for you to explore perhaps the nature of that friendship as far as projects worked on, maybe common interests or something, how they met etc.  As a stateside listener, I'm  familiar with the work of RCH as he has been a staple on different programs for years and as I understand, a friend and science adviser to Walter Cronkite!

Thank you so much!

centaurie

Ciardelo, you need to check out the last interview Howard had with RCH.

The Unexplained is one of my favorite shows on my commute.

Gledders

Hi Coffeeman. If you just search on TuneIn for HCRfm and compare the logo with the one on our website that should sort you out. There are a couple of stations that use the same initials.

Questions noted re RCH etc. Keep them coming please.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 24, 2015, 05:32:50 AM
Yeah, I actually bought the book because of that episode Hughes did with the author. The guy is no professional historian, and he admits it, but it's pretty good so far.

I definitely need to buy it! I haven't watched this week's episode of Hunting Hitler, but I had no idea he and Eva possibly had daughters.  :o

Spinner

Quote from: Gledders on December 24, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
Hi Coffeeman. If you just search on TuneIn for HCRfm and compare the logo with the one on our website that should sort you out. There are a couple of stations that use the same initials.

Questions noted re RCH etc. Keep them coming please.
Thanks for letting us know. I might not be able to listen live... Will it be available to listen later?

And could you please ask Howard if he has spoken with Art since he quit doing MITD?

Coffeeman

Something always wanted to know, Hughes interviewed some pretty challenging guests before. Were there any that especially stood out? Were there any guests that intimidated him? Or caused him to rethink a particular topic?

Gledders

Getting ready to go on air, any more for any more?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gledders on December 26, 2015, 11:23:03 AM
Getting ready to go on air, any more for any more?
4 minutes to air...did Mr. Hughes find it handy growing up to have a "big voice" such as being able to call in to school for his mates :) Play pranks? Anything like that?