• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

b_dubb

Listening to the Sharkhunter episode. Man this great stuff. You have to listen to this.

Delphi

Listening to the von daniken interview... Im hooked like a crappie.. Thanks man,  I would tongue you if I could.. I needed something to fill the hole art left.. I can have an affair with Howard until July

Delphi

The JFK one with jesse ventura is great

Delphi

Just listened to the one with Art and hoagie. . Good stuff

I started listening after reading this thread. Thanks for posting this topic. Howard Hughes is a very good interviewer and weeding out the obvious ectoplasm nuts and such, his guests are pretty interesting.

WildCard

Ed. 191- 1:26. Right-on, Howard. An hour isn't long enough for any talk-show. 

Delphi

He's planning on going longer..  He loves Art Bell and wants to be as good

cweb

Howard has a way of pushing guests without pushing them. In other words, he can ask a challenging question without pissing them off. Sometimes in the name of fairness, he's a little too neutral for me. But his respectful approach lends credibility to Howard as an interviewer.

Art is more of a natural. Howard is more polished and polite. I like both very much.

Delphi

Does anyone know more people like Howard and Art.. I've been listening to Howard for the last week straight and am about out if episodes.. I need someone else to help tide me over until Art comes back.

Delphi

Howard has tons of listeners  and is doing very well.. and he's strictly web/pod cast.

Art is way more known than HH so I imagine he will do great.

Plus I hear Art won't be strictly on the Web,  it will also be broadcast terrestrial as well.

Quote from: Delphi on January 27, 2015, 09:44:43 AM
Does anyone know more people like Howard and Art.. I've been listening to Howard for the last week straight and am about out if episodes.. I need someone else to help tide me over until Art comes back.

Darkweekend or whatever steve is calling it

https://m.soundcloud.com/dark-weekend

wr250

Quote from: Delphi on January 27, 2015, 09:48:17 AM
Plus I hear Art won't be strictly on the Web,  it will also be broadcast terrestrial as well.
sources please. bellgab dont count

Delphi

No not here I heard it,  one was on cyberspy forums and another was from an email from art or his webmaster,  I will digup both and screenshot or link to them and see if you guys can decode the email.. Its cryptic, i mentioned in my intro

Delphi

Delphi

Howard is having a good new show on the 1st.. Im gonna listen in

b_dubb

Listening to the recent TU w/ HH and he just mentioned BellGab during his Shout Outs

cweb

Yep. Our very own Delphi (who has posted above) was a part of this, as he posted- http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7436.msg339155.html#msg339155

I suspected that Howard knew about us, but judging from his tone maybe this was the introduction.

Anyhoo, enjoyed the Steven Bassett discussion. It inspired me to go back to episode 23 where he talks to Larry Warren about Rendlesham. Funnily enough, Hoagland is in the first half of that show telling "stories" about hanging with Arthur C Clarke and Kronkite.

b_dubb

The recent Streiber episode was interesting.

cweb

The Streiber one was pretty good. Sad to hear about his wife and Whitley's own soreness. He's interesting though, because there's always something to talk about.

I also listened to the Bernard Janzen ep about Fr. Malachi Martin. Howard's admiration of Art shone through yet again. It was an interesting study of Fr. Martin as a person. I did get the feeling that Janzen wasn't totally neutral in his analysis of the Father, leaning more toward favor.

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on March 23, 2015, 01:26:33 PM
The Streiber one was pretty good. Sad to hear about his wife and Whitley's own soreness. He's interesting though, because there's always something to talk about.

I also listened to the Bernard Janzen ep about Fr. Malachi Martin. Howard's admiration of Art shone through yet again. It was an interesting study of Fr. Martin as a person. I did get the feeling that Janzen wasn't totally neutral in his analysis of the Father, leaning more toward favor.
Yeah, he (no Hughes but the guest) was definitely a Malachi proponent, clearly not neutral, but still an interesting show. I so wish Malachi was still around to do another round with Art, especially in light of some of the predictions have not come true (yet) but clearly there is still a lot of crazyness and violence around. I really like Hughes's show and he would make a great weekend, or replacement during vacations/sick-days/etc, for Art when he comes back.

gx2music

Quote from: Delphi on January 27, 2015, 09:44:43 AM

Steve Warner - Dark City is one of the better ones out there. 
http://www.darkcity.fm/

Very well produced ( as Howard's is ) , and a great laid back but professional interview style.   Plus there's a bonus of having superb bumper music.

gx2music

Anyone else catch the latest Unexplained with Hoagland?

i honestly thought Howard was going to put the phone down at one stage - Hoagland was that obnoxious.

cweb

Quote from: gx2music on June 03, 2015, 05:15:44 AM
Anyone else catch the latest Unexplained with Hoagland?

i honestly thought Howard was going to put the phone down at one stage - Hoagland was that obnoxious.
Really? Wow. I'll have to check it out.

Howard is usually the picture of patience, even with the more difficult guests.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: cweb on June 03, 2015, 07:31:10 AM
Howard is usually the picture of patience, even with the more difficult guests.

Hoagland was being a prick. Saying it was 1 am in New Mexico and he wanted to just rush on to his points and not answer anything asked by "trolls." He just plowed on through what Howard was saying, without hearing anything. The question was even an attack, someone was just saying that one of his theory's was (shocker) based on something that wasn't 100% accurate.

Then he went on to "It only takes one white crow."
Hoagland is great because he's confrontational, but the thing Howard (and most of these type of podcasts) needs are callers.

cweb

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 04, 2015, 09:22:05 AM
Hoagland was being a prick. Saying it was 1 am in New Mexico and he wanted to just rush on to his points and not answer anything asked by "trolls." He just plowed on through what Howard was saying, without hearing anything. The question was even an attack, someone was just saying that one of his theory's was (shocker) based on something that wasn't 100% accurate.

Then he went on to "It only takes one white crow."
Hoagland is great because he's confrontational, but the thing Howard (and most of these type of podcasts) needs are callers.
If Howard is staying around the 60 minute range, I actually prefer the format without callers. It lets him try to guide the conversation more. I do get the feeling that callers might be a bit much for the show to handle resource-wise, at least for now.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Howard would be excellent with callers. I'm just not sure it fits with what Howard is trying to do at this time. Maybe in the future!  :)

Skunk Ape

Quote from: cweb on June 04, 2015, 11:26:52 AM
If Howard is staying around the 60 minute range, I actually prefer the format without callers. It lets him try to guide the conversation more. I do get the feeling that callers might be a bit much for the show to handle resource-wise, at least for now.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Howard would be excellent with callers. I'm just not sure it fits with what Howard is trying to do at this time. Maybe in the future!  :)

Oh I enjoy the hour-long format. And for most guests it's fine without callers. But in instances like this most recent episode, you can take the heat off yourself by letting the callers ask the questions you don't want the guest to be pissed at you for asking.

The hour long format works for this kind of stuff. A good example of time being too long without any callers is CTM. But that's for another thread.

albrecht

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 04, 2015, 11:36:20 AM
Oh I enjoy the hour-long format. And for most guests it's fine without callers. But in instances like this most recent episode, you can take the heat off yourself by letting the callers ask the questions you don't want the guest to be pissed at you for asking.

The hour long format works for this kind of stuff. A good example of time being too long without any callers is CTM. But that's for another thread.
Yes, for an hour show I like the no caller format and Hughes does a great job. I liked the mix Art did with C2C and Dreamland, one usually having more caller driven input. I'm sure this stuff is negotiated beforehand but also decision to have callers really depends on the guest and subject. (Some subjects might just draw bad callers, or more detailed or complicate story so just q/a between host and guest is best, some guests (like maybe celebrities might not like callers), etc.) I hope the new MITD is a nice mix of caller-driven shows and long segments of just Art with guest. CTM is waaay too long to not have callers and also too much time for "musings" and "fake accents" of JBW but that is another thread.