• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

Does anyone listen to this show?  The hosts name is Howard Hughes...and I don't think it is a radio name.  Anyway, I believe the guy has a regular radio gig in England, and does this is a side hobby.  The shows are pretty hit or miss for me, but if you go through the backlog of shows, there are definitely a lot of good interviews, and common guests to C2C.  I think a C2C listener will enjoy a good number of his interviews.  I find Howard to be a pretty good interviewer, and is certainly not a snoory, and will often call guests out in a nice way, on things that just sound crazy. 

I cannot recall how I came across the show, but it is definitely one I check in on every few weeks and at least give the latest show a chance.

http://theunexplained.tv/

Howard Hughes is great! I remember back when he was on talkSPORT in 2005/6. He was a brilliant host with a real outgoing, friendly tone. They had a live seance in the studio I remember, and strangely enough, the show was soon axed afterwards...they replaced him with George Galloway, if I'm not mistaken.

Nice to see he's still around! Must check his new shows!

Grimace

Liking this so far. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote from: PseudoSentience on July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM
Does anyone listen to this show?  The hosts name is Howard Hughes...and I don't think it is a radio name.  Anyway, I believe the guy has a regular radio gig in England, and does this is a side hobby.  The shows are pretty hit or miss for me, but if you go through the backlog of shows, there are definitely a lot of good interviews, and common guests to C2C.  I think a C2C listener will enjoy a good number of his interviews.  I find Howard to be a pretty good interviewer, and is certainly not a snoory, and will often call guests out in a nice way, on things that just sound crazy. 

I cannot recall how I came across the show, but it is definitely one I check in on every few weeks and at least give the latest show a chance.

I checked this out today for the first time and I was hooked. I enjoy the host very much, and he has been able to interview his guests well for at least the shows that I've heard. It seems to be a labor of love, and kind of reminds me of early Coast when Art had things completely under his control. I miss the open lines but I can live without them. Excellent pick. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sardondi

The link didn't seem to include internet radio - are you aware if this is available?

Rasputin

Thanks for posting this! I have some time this weekend, and think I'll give it a chance.

McPhallus

Quote from: Sardondi on August 29, 2012, 09:56:11 PM
The link didn't seem to include internet radio - are you aware if this is available?

Main page, mid right side, there's an iTunes subscription link.

Rasputin

I just downloaded all 93 of the shows. I'll be sure and chime in when I listen to a few of them.

Rasputin

Not bad at all, and its refreshing to hear a host that knows how to ask good questions.

b_dubb

this is my new Coast to Coast AM.  Hughes occupies roughly the same space as Art Bell but just to the Left of AB.  thanks for telling me about this podcast.  its better than the current Coast by leaps and bounds

On one of the most recent shows, Howard read a message which said he should be on Coast to Coast AM. He responded that maybe someday he would, but it "wasn't for lack of trying", or something to that effect. He definitely made it sound as if he had thrown his hat into the C2C ring. If this is true I'm appalled the show would have gone with someone like John B. Wells over Howard Hughes, who is well versed and can carry on an interesting conversation when it comes to these topics. Then again, could the producers be wary of his tinnitus problem as they have had problems with Ian?

Spinner

I had not listened to this show in a while, so I decided to see what I had missed.
I just finished listening to an interview with Gerrard Williams (a well-respected British journalist), who wrote a book titled "Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler" a couple of years ago. It was fascinating.

b_dubb

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 27, 2012, 05:32:57 AM
On one of the most recent shows, Howard read a message which said he should be on Coast to Coast AM. He responded that maybe someday he would, but it "wasn't for lack of trying", or something to that effect. He definitely made it sound as if he had thrown his hat into the C2C ring. If this is true I'm appalled the show would have gone with someone like John B. Wells over Howard Hughes, who is well versed and can carry on an interesting conversation when it comes to these topics. Then again, could the producers be wary of his tinnitus problem as they have had problems with Ian?
PremRad didn't want to have to pay someone British Pound Sterling. They have actual currency there. Not the PF Chang coupons we print here

cweb

Wow, Howard has one helluva voice. Digging the show on Hitler, even though I've heard 1000 shows on similar topics. Nice questions too. Thanks for the rec!

b_dubb

Howard is better than anyone else out there. Maybe even better than Art.

wr250

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 27, 2012, 05:32:57 AM
you missed the fact that premier has signed a contract with the snooron until "we put a man on mars" .  any company that does that will never hire any real talent like hughes.

albrecht

Yes, he does a good show and a good interviewer and has a good voice. I like this radio show a lot. Even on subjects I've heard before (since many of the paranormal, UFO, or conspiracy folks run the circuit and get on every program.)

cweb

Howard did a great interview with Paul Hellyer (ep 121) on government UFO knowledge. Been digging this podcast more and more.

It's becoming part of my personal Podcast Dream Team. Warner + Hughes = DREAM TEAM. The successors to Jimmy Church!  ::)

cweb

Bumpin' this a little. Been trying to keep up with The Unexplained.

Recently, Howard had Roger Stone on. It was fun to compare Noory's bobblehead interview of Roger from a week or so ago with Howard's engaged questioning.

albrecht

I really like the show. He should replace George on C2C. Not only does he do a much better interview but he would also lend credibility to so many Americans who assume a British accent means "smart guy" or "authority."

bateman

I like the show, but the processing on his voice is so over the top it's almost unlistenable.

cweb

I agree, sometimes it makes him boomy. On my stereo he rumbles a bit. He doesn't need it. His voice sounds just fine without gadgetry.

Mhayhurst

Thank you for posting this topic! I don't know where I've been for the past few years, but based on this post, I just found out about The Unexplained. I have listened to five shows so far and I love it! Thank you so much PseudoSentience!

Quote from: cweb on September 04, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
Recently, Howard had Roger Stone on. It was fun to compare Noory's bobblehead interview of Roger from a week or so ago with Howard's engaged questioning.

Totally agree! His interview with Stone was fantastic. The hour flew by in what seemed like minutes.

Quote from: cweb on July 11, 2014, 08:02:55 AM
It's becoming part of my personal Podcast Dream Team. Warner + Hughes = DREAM TEAM.

Also totally agree! Really the only two I listen to now.

Scully

Just wanted to add my thumbs-up to Howard Hughes and his The Unexplained.  I listened to tonight's show, and was disappointed by the guest and the subject of remote viewing.  Ed Dames was even mentioned favorably several times, which was a downer.  Even so, Hughes is indefatigable, and kept resurrecting the guest, a sure sign of his hosting prowess.

I'm mentioning tonight's show as being sub-par IMO, lest one of you listen to it and draw your opinion from it, rather than the overall product, which I've found greatly entertaining every other time I've caught it.

I'd never heard of Hughes until he became part of the Dark Matter Network.  He's one of the few there I'd really recommend.  He's needing money to keep things going, so don't know where that will lead, but hope he won't get lost in the shuffle. Deserves a listen.

http://theunexplained.tv/paranormal-podcasts/edition-185-dr-judy-wood-returns

I was just listening to Judy Wood on the Unexplained with Howard Hughes.  I had to turn it off, not because of Howard, but because I could not stand another minute of Judy Wood.  She is absolutely, positively, insane.  First of all, I cannot stand how she just talks over the host continually.  She never even allows Howard to finish a question, and has to always jump on it. She exhibits paranoia the entire time.  And the absolute worst part (and reason for the thread subject), and a sure sign that she is absolutely insane is that her smoke detector battery alarm is going off the entire time in the background.  The sure sign of a lunatic. 

She asserts that she has been blacklisted and marginalized because of her "proof". Don't think so Judy, it is just because you are a horrible guest.  Hoaxland is either as sly as a fox or batshit insane as they come, but at least he is an entertaining guest.  Judy Wood has absolutely nothing going for her, and may be the worst guest I have ever heard on a show. 

b_dubb

She is absolutely batshit crazy.  It is so obvious. I've listened to the same show.  I really like Howard Hughes.  I can't for the life of me understand why he had her on.  It was really terrible.  Like peeking into some diseased mind.  Ewww.

albrecht

She is batshit crazy, but in a non-fun "listen to the crazy C2C guest" kind of way and can barely make sentences that make sense grammatically. When she was last on C2C with Norry it was awful because both sucked so much. I don't know how she got her degrees and previous jobs but she must have had some nervous breakdown or mental event at some point afterwards.

Putting on my conspiracy hat here one could almost make a theory that she is a disinformation agent paid to spin such amazingly fantastical theories to take attention away from real questions about 911- for example about possible Saudi involvement and prior knowledge by elements in our government and Israel and the "missing trillions" Rumsfeld mentioned a day prior to 911 to Congress and all those missing "pallets of cash" sent to Iraq post-war.

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2014, 11:27:54 AM
She is batshit crazy, but in a non-fun "listen to the crazy C2C guest" kind of way and can barely make sentences that make sense grammatically. When she was last on C2C with Norry it was awful because both sucked so much. I don't know how she got her degrees and previous jobs but she must have had some nervous breakdown or mental event at some point afterwards.

Putting on my conspiracy hat here one could almost make a theory that she is a disinformation agent paid to spin such amazingly fantastical theories to take attention away from real questions about 911- for example about possible Saudi involvement and prior knowledge by elements in our government and Israel and the "missing trillions" Rumsfeld mentioned a day prior to 911 to Congress and all those missing "pallets of cash" sent to Iraq post-war.

My thoughts, too.  The circus seems to be designed to make anyone with legitimate questions about 911 look crazy.

ComeBackArt

I didn't even begin listening to her on The Unexplained. I think it's the first time I flat out deleted an episode of Howard Hughes without so much as a listen since I started listening to him a few months ago.

One other guest I wish I hadn't listened to was that nutcase Heidi Hollis. She was annoying and crazy enough, and then she had to get all Jesus-y. Man what a waste of an hour that was.