• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

Quote from: Treading Water on May 20, 2015, 04:33:38 PM
Yeah, I thought it was disturbing, too.  But nothing surprising about it.  I expected something like it.  And at least they didn't show her face.
I also thought the shot of Roz hanging dead with crossbow bolts strategically placed was actually more disturbing, but no one seemed to object to a "whore" being tortured to death. At least, not as vehemently.
It is Game of Thrones....I'm still going to watch.

Thank you. That's exactly what I thought and I liked Roz, too. Her death disturbed me more than That Scene which was mostly off screen anyway. This is where the line in the sand is drawn after flayings, beheadings, setting people on fire, eye gougings, poisonings, red weddings, and death by smoke creatures?

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2015, 08:01:25 PM
I wish the lads from Monty Python were still young and could make a proper mockery errrr parody of this show

"Game of Thrones, the Musical" from Coldplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4

trostol

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2015, 08:59:17 PM
This week's episode: meh.  This show has really started to lose me.

i still watch it but yeah..its growing stale cause the directors do not have any more or Martin's work to go on really...they are now just making it up as they go

i watch it then the really strange show on showtime right after it..Penny Dreadful..disturbingly fascinating

eddie dean

* spoiler alert for ep. 8 "Hardhome"  *

Holy cold hell!
We have white walkers & zombies ladies and gentleman,  Finally!
Best episode this season by far! Possibly one of the best in the entire series.

Rise wildlings:

White Walkers gots hair gel hell.  ;D

b_dubb

And suddenly we have Game of Walking Dead. So weary of zombies.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on May 30, 2015, 11:35:18 PM
i still watch it but yeah..its growing stale cause the directors do not have any more or Martin's work to go on really...they are now just making it up as they go ...

I'm curious, is this really true?  Did they really use up the first five books already?  How much are they cutting out for the show?

Quote from: b_dubb on June 01, 2015, 12:17:05 AM
And suddenly we have Game of Walking Dead. So weary of zombies.

Sorry, eddie dean, I'm with b_dubb on this one.  Never been a fan of zombies or mob fights and I'm less so now.  I think a 20 - 30 minute battle usually means the director decided to have a day or two off.  It all looks like stock footage(with costume changes) to me.  Except the Black Water.  I thought that episode was truly awesome. 

Oh, well. What do I know?  I paid real money and sat through two hours of buildings burning, blowing up, and falling down so I could glimpse The Rock without a shirt.... ::)  I'll be watching again next week.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: trostol on May 30, 2015, 11:35:18 PM
i still watch it but yeah..its growing stale cause the directors do not have any more or Martin's work to go on really...they are now just making it up as they go

i watch it then the really strange show on showtime right after it..Penny Dreadful..disturbingly fascinating

Even fans of the books find the last couple a bit hard going - you get the sense that the author doesn't quite know what to do next with all of the characters constantly branching off on their own adventures, and sometimes a whole book can pass by without coming across one of the major characters. I think they had to do something different with the TV series to compensate for the shortcomings of the source material. Almost nothing happened of interest happened in them, as far as I can remember, and it felt very much like Martin was spinning things out to satisfy the publishers until he could come up with a few decent ideas. That probably accounts for the much-discussed delay in finishing the series - his 'fans' just think he is a lazy fat fuck but he probably only has a hazy idea of where to finish it without it being a major let-down.

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 01, 2015, 09:11:26 AM
Even fans of the books find the last couple a bit hard going - you get the sense that the author doesn't quite know what to do next with all of the characters constantly branching off on their own adventures, and sometimes a whole book can pass by without coming across one of the major characters. ...

I agree, the books meander along with many loose ends unresolved or at least on-the-shelf while new characters, subplots, complications are brought in.  I got the sense that much of the first half of the series was a kind of elaborate setup piece. 

It's possible it's all leading to a finale of epic proportions, or maybe it's just wheel-spinning.  In any case there are a few characters and plot threads I'd really still like to follow, but I don't have the patience to slog through more books.

cosmic hobo

Teenage Mutant Ninja Zombies.

These little guys give me chills and haunt my nightmares.

eddie dean

Quote from: Treading Water on June 01, 2015, 04:34:56 AM
Sorry, eddie dean, I'm with b_dubb on this one.  Never been a fan of zombies or mob fights and I'm less so now.  I think a 20 - 30 minute battle usually means the director decided to have a day or two off.  It all looks like stock footage(with costume changes) to me.  Except the Black Water.  I thought that episode was truly awesome.  .

How dare yew not like what I like!  ;D

I'm just glad they finally got around to a substantial scene or two with this terrible, foreboding threat that they have been teasing and hinting about for 5.5 seasons. 
The very first scene in episode 1 season 1 had white walkers, then, except for a couple scenes scattered here and there, it's been mainly w.walker free, if I'm remembering correctly.  I look forward to seeing how this huge threat will affect the rest of the realm. Not to mention the immediate danger to the Wildlings and castle black/wall.
I hope they don't turn it into a walking dead frozen zombie fest, but I think it's about freeking time they explored this storyline a bit and upped the action.

As long as the producers/writers don't write in a zombie Henry Winkler jumping over a shark in black water bay, it should be fine! ;)
I just wanted to see some white walker action already! This episode delivered!  :)

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on June 03, 2015, 06:58:09 PM

As long as the producers/writers don't write in a zombie Henry Winkler jumping over a shark in black water bay, it should be fine! ;)
I just wanted to see some white walker action already! This episode delivered!  :)

hey that would be just good TV! would Pinky Tuscadero be there too?

twiki

Quote from: eddie dean on June 03, 2015, 06:58:09 PM
How dare yew not like what I like!  ;D

I'm just glad they finally got around to a substantial scene or two with this terrible, foreboding threat that they have been teasing and hinting about for 5.5 seasons. 
The very first scene in episode 1 season 1 had white walkers, then, except for a couple scenes scattered here and there, it's been mainly w.walker free, if I'm remembering correctly.  I look forward to seeing how this huge threat will affect the rest of the realm. Not to mention the immediate danger to the Wildlings and castle black/wall.
I hope they don't turn it into a walking dead frozen zombie fest, but I think it's about freeking time they explored this storyline a bit and upped the action.

I wonder if the fire from Dragons can kill white walkers?

Wait Dragon Glass kills white walkers!

Valariyan Steel kills white walkers!

Danaerys has dragons who presumably can create the heat needed to make dragon glass. Her ancestral homeland is Valaria where Valariyan steel comes from.

She needs to get the realm to love her. What better way to get the people to love you than by destroying the biggest threat to the realm the white walkers with her dragons.

Danearys defeats the white walkers and the whole of westeros rejoices. Boobies. Credits.

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 07:01:17 PM
hey that would be just good TV! would Pinky Tuscadero be there too?

I always preferred her sister (?)  Leather Tuscadero! She got me all tingly!  ::)

eddie dean

Quote from: twiki on June 03, 2015, 07:05:09 PM
I wonder if the fire from Dragons can kill white walkers?

Wait Dragon Glass kills white walkers!

Valariyan Steel kills white walkers!

Danaerys has dragons who presumably can create the heat needed to make dragon glass. Her ancestral homeland is Valaria where Valariyan steel comes from.

She needs to get the realm to love her. What better way to get the people to love you than by destroying the biggest threat to the realm the white walkers with her dragons.

Danearys defeats the white walkers and the whole of westeros rejoices. Boobies. Credits.

Perhaps,  but at this rate, it will take 3 seasons for Danearys to find drogon & make it to the wall!

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on June 03, 2015, 07:11:09 PM
Perhaps,  but at this rate, it will take 3 seasons for Danearys to find drogon & make it to the wall!

** possible spoiler ** By the end of the third book, she'd only made it from really far away from Westeros, to still pretty far away from Westeros.  And as I remember she'd kinda decided to hang out there awhile.  I'm still wondering how she eventually fits into the big picture. 

cosmic hobo

I'm really looking forward to these last two episodes.

b_dubb

Brandon Stark will use his work powers to control Drogon and incinerate House Frey, some Boltons, the Army of the Dead and the White Walkers.

And then reduce Casterly Rock and House Lannister to ash.

Cue "Rains of Castamere"

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on June 07, 2015, 08:10:36 AM
Brandon Stark will use his work powers to control Drogon and incinerate House Frey, some Boltons, the Army of the Dead and the White Walkers.

And then reduce Casterly Rock and House Lannister to ash.

Cue "Rains of Castamere"

Who is this "Brandon" you speak of? I haven't seen him all season, and dont expect to. HBO left him behind, even though his story continuation in Sea 5 was one of the most anticipated. Write faster Martin!

Quote from: eddie dean on June 03, 2015, 07:11:09 PM

Correct you are, Sir!  And they only have two seasons left.
But wouldn't a total flame out of those pesky dead/not dead things be a fitting ending?
:P

SaucyRossy

Last weeks episode was my favorite of the entire series so far. As a whole this season hasn't been top notch but if they nail these last two episodes following last weeks they can fully redeem it.

b_dubb

That's a good dragon.  Time to buy some armor for those dragons. They're going to need it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Treading Water on June 07, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
Well, damn!...

Wow.

Yep. Not much else to say. Season redeemed.

eddie dean

Peter Dinklage's acting chops are quite extraordinary!

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on June 07, 2015, 09:05:18 PM
That's a good dragon.  Time to buy some armor for those dragons. They're going to need it.

Yup. Lessons learned. Now GTF out of that city already!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: eddie dean on June 07, 2015, 10:42:36 PM

Yeah, fuck Mereen. Go west.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 10:09:00 PM
Yep. Not much else to say. Season redeemed.

Yeah.

Quote from: eddie dean on June 07, 2015, 10:40:44 PM
Peter Dinklage's acting chops are quite extraordinary!

Yeah.

Quote from: eddie dean on June 07, 2015, 10:42:36 PM

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
Yeah, fuck Mereen. Go west.

HELL YEAH!