• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

valdez

Hot air?  30?  I suppose that's all we're gonna get as far as a statement goes.  I hate cryptic messages.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on December 21, 2010, 06:52:00 PM
     Hot air?  30?  I suppose that's all we're gonna get as far as a statement goes.  I hate cryptic messages.

30 meters is a ham radio band.

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 21, 2010, 06:02:54 PM
Art quit, he has had enough, the last line in Art's message "Long live the hot air" in my opinion is a stab at Noory. Art's G2G show was horrible with all the dumb downed callers and he more then likely said that is it...

I do know that he quit and it had nothing to do with a compromise or anything that Clear Channel wanted or didn't want.

As much as I will miss Art I really don't blame him for not wanting any association with Coast, what an embarrassment it must be to him.

I think his hamcam message says it all loud and clear.

Where did you find this picture?

awguy

I was skeptical when I first saw this but this does appear to be Art's current webcam picture... very interesting. If true, I'm guessing we've seen the last of the Somewhere in Time Shows and the classic shows... which really aren't that classic. They've gotten lazy lately simply re-activating an old link that had gone dormant rather than dub in and old show that hasn't been heard in years.

If they get rid of the Art content on the site, I'm canceling my Streamlink subscription. I love Ian but there are other ways to listen to the new shows without paying. It was the older Art content that I really enjoyed.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't expect Art back.  If he wanted to get back in to radio, I think he's had ample chances in the past few years.  Why would he have been satisfied doing less than a dozen shows a year?

On the other hand, I find it hard to picture him sitting around twiddling his thumbs all-day, watching his daughter grow up.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 21, 2010, 09:33:23 PM
Art quit, he has had enough, the last line in Art's message "Long live the hot air" in my opinion is a stab at Noory. Art's G2G show was horrible with all the dumb downed callers and he more then likely said that is it...

I do know that he quit and it had nothing to do with a compromise or anything that Clear Channel wanted or didn't want.

As much as I will miss Art I really don't blame him for not wanting any association with Coast, what an embarrassment it must be to him.

A little searching and I found it here:

http://www.usadigitalmedia.com/Coast/bellcam.htm

Not sure what usadigitalmedia is.

HAL 9000

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 21, 2010, 06:02:54 PMArt quit, he has had enough, the last line in Art's message "Long live the hot air" in my opinion is a stab at Noory. Art's G2G show was horrible with all the dumb downed callers and he more then likely said that is it...

Hello Shirleypal - I noticed you posted this exact same message on a forum you moderate (Fantastic Forum - post link http://tinyurl.com/36jcfzu)

Here is the unaltered picture as originally posted on the KNYE Radio website, which Art Bell sold back on May 29, 2008:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2i6yt8j.jpg (the forum software shrinks the original 640x480 picture. The link will show the original unadulterated jpg)

Seems like an odd place to post a so-called "I quit" message - especially in the form of a 640x480 jpg using http://www.chillcam.com/ software, to a radio station site he hasn't owned in over 2.5 years.

Attached is an mp3 from Art Bell's signoff on G2G - the Halloween show...October 31, 2010

:)

Just curious - what is the largest picture that can be shown on this forum without auto-shrinking it? Seems like 640x480 is reasonable ;) (the resolution of 4:3 TV signals)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marc.Knight

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 21, 2010, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 21, 2010, 06:02:54 PMArt quit, he has had enough, the last line in Art's message "Long live the hot air" in my opinion is a stab at Noory. Art's G2G show was horrible with all the dumb downed callers and he more then likely said that is it...
Hello Shirleypal - I noticed you posted this exact same message on a forum you moderate (Fantastic Forum - post link http://tinyurl.com/36jcfzu)

Here is the unaltered picture as originally posted on the KNYE Radio website, which Art Bell sold back on May 29, 2008:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2i6yt8j.jpg (the forum software shrinks the original 640x480 picture. The link will show the original unadulterated jpg)

Seems like an odd place to post a so-called "I quit" message - especially in the form of a 640x480 jpg using http://www.chillcam.com/ software, to a radio station site he hasn't owned in over 2.5 years.

Attached is an mp3 from Art Bell's signoff on G2G - the Halloween show...October 31, 2010

:)

Just curious - what is the largest picture that can be shown on this forum without auto-shrinking it? Seems like 640x480 is reasonable ;) (the resolution of 4:3 TV signals)

Cool.  HAL appears with commanding logic, as usual.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 21, 2010, 09:42:52 PMA little searching and I found it here: http://www.usadigitalmedia.com/Coast/bellcam.htm Not sure what usadigitalmedia is.

Just FYI for all: the original source is located here: http://knye.com/rv1/rv1.jpg

Renaldo

I will miss Art, but I don't think we'll see him with a new show.  I think he enjoys retirement and his money too much.  The satellite radio show has been rumored since he first sold C2C to Clear Channel years ago, it will never happen.  He could pretty much walk onto a whole new nationally syndicated radio show if he wanted.  I imagine there are plenty of networks out there that would love to bring serious competition against C2C.

I imagine he's busy with his daughter and tearing it up on HAM.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Renaldo on December 21, 2010, 11:04:17 PM
...He could pretty much walk onto a whole new nationally syndicated radio show if he wanted.  I imagine there are plenty of networks out there that would love to bring serious competition against C2C.

Here Here! For many years I've wondered why no other big syndicator picked up or tried to create a paranormal all night show.

Renaldo

You know, until I see  a press release, or hear Ian say it, I'm not going to believe it. 

MV/Liberace!

Fyi... the threads "the end" and "art bell quits coast" have been merged into one thread. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew so there would be no confusion.

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2010, 12:07:05 AMFyi... the threads "the end" and "art bell quits coast" have been merged into one thread. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew so there would be no confusion.

Good to know - I tried posting JUST AS YOU WERE MERGING AND GOT A BAD MESSAGE.  

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 22, 2010, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: MV on December 22, 2010, 12:07:05 AMFyi... the threads "the end" and "art bell quits coast" have been merged into one thread. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew so there would be no confusion.

Good to know - I tried posting JUST AS YOU WERE MERGING AND GOT A BAD MESSAGE.
Haha, sorry about that... and thanks for your investigative pursuits in this matter. Based on what you've found with that KNYE jpg, it looks like Art's departure is anything but official.

ringthane

Does George mention the hosts names at the end of every show, or just the end of Friday night shows? I forget. If Art is no longer mentioned then maybe something is afoot.

Bell shows are still listed in the Classic and Somewhere in Time sections.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: ringthane on December 22, 2010, 12:41:09 AM
Bell shows are still listed in the Classic and Somewhere in Time sections.

For how much longer? Although I THINK Pemiere owns the rights to those old shows. I wonder what happened to all his old AudioNet stuff

the stamp at the bottom of the webcam image is the same as the one from art's previous webcam photos on the coast to coast website. were they previously also available through http://knye.com/rv1/rv1.jpg ?

if so, it kind of does look like it came from him.

does it really mean "I quit" though? could he really even quit at this point? he hosts so rarely that it would hardly be considered "quitting," that happened already. it's strange that this was posted at the same time as the removal of art's name from the C2C website. but it is cryptic.

i did a webarchive search for http://knye.com/rv1/rv1.jpg and came up with a few pics but not much helpful information from it all

Queen

George just ended the show and still saying art bell's name at the end of his "credits" so maybe this is all bunk who knows right now i guess my biggest question is has anyone herd Art himself say he hates the way the show is going, apart from the short wave thing back when George was about to take over, i know he didnt think it would be a good move for george to go to hollywood but apart from all that has anyone herd anything from art?

Hmmm.  If George is still mentioning Art in the credits, there might be some hope.  On the other hand, if Shirleypal is posting that Art has quit, I am pretty concerned.  Even though her site has been pretty dead since Art's last retirement (no offence, FantasticForum folks!), it was very lively back in the day, and Art used to post there himself - and did as recently as a year or two ago, when a hurricane was bearing down on him and the family in the Phillipines.  She is as likely to have inside info as anyone on the web, as are the folks at Hamcams. 

By the way, the image at Hamcams is still the one from Halloween of Asia - the plot thickens!

OK.   Just visited the FantasticForum, and Shirley says she has received official word that Art quit, and that the quality of calls on the G2G show was the last straw (even though I had overdone it on the Stoli, I think I posted here that I got the impression Art was seething inside about having call screeners, so I wasn't that far off the mark).  Also, some poster over there is taking credit for breaking the news, even though my post here on Dec. 18 was a few days before theirs (go Coast Gab!).

Gotta say, I am pretty disappointed.  Proud of myself for deciphering the clues, but will really, really miss Art if this all proves true (and Shirleypal is a pretty reliable source, even if they are taking credit for my sleuthing!)

As someone else mentioned here, we need to show our support for Ian and George K - hey, even George N if he floats your boat - so that the next incarnation of Coast will continue.

just checked and the picture has changed again

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 21, 2010, 09:33:23 PM

You can find it at hamcams.com, it is the place Art always puts up his latest ham cam pictures..  You can also find it at this link anytime plus much more about Art, his past shows on the Matrix, check it out.
http://home.comcast.net/~labvid/flash/cotn.htm

Just went to hamcams.com and the picture is gone, in fact it's blank and was updated today sometime.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Renaldo on December 21, 2010, 11:31:24 PM
You know, until I see  a press release, or hear Ian say it, I'm not going to believe it.
It is true, I am in touch with someone who knows, sorry cannot say who, this person said Art quit because he was tired of the dumb callers and dumbed down show, he also said the last G2G show was the last straw, I don't expect any announcement on Coast, if there is let me know as I only listen to Knapp, will now I should say I will only listen to Knapp.  I will be surprised if they put up a Somewhere in Time show this weekend, but since Art doesn't have any control over the show they may.

It was at Art's request that he name and contact information be taken down.

Hate to be a jerk but I have to say that I'm okay with this and I saw it coming. Art just wasn't Art anymore with the hour long updates on his cats, his home, his wife and then an hour of open lines with either complete retards or people fawning over him and then another couple hours of a C2C staple who's not saying anything new. Our best hope right now is for Art to do a weekend show on XM/Sirius or live with occasional Knapp shows and wait for a new a show that will rival C2C... which may never happen. I love Art to death but unless he's in the trenches every week, it's just not the same. 

Strel

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 22, 2010, 02:31:17 PM
Hate to be a jerk but I have to say that I'm okay with this and I saw it coming. Art just wasn't Art anymore with the hour long updates on his cats, his home, his wife and then an hour of open lines with either complete retards or people fawning over him and then another couple hours of a C2C staple who's not saying anything new. Our best hope right now is for Art to do a weekend show on XM/Sirius or live with occasional Knapp shows and wait for a new a show that will rival C2C... which may never happen. I love Art to death but unless he's in the trenches every week, it's just not the same.

Agree with this totally.  I actually applaud Art.

I'd rather remember what Coast was under Art Bell, and not have him in any way associated with the cheap freak-show it morphed into under George Noory's reign. 

Art is miles above that, and doesn't need it.  I don't blame him for not wanting to participate in a bloated, commercialized product that caters exclusively to the lowest common denominator on every level.

He has a new child in his life; he doesn't need to babysit middle-age men in ugly blazers and hair pieces who fancy themselves "movie stars".

Good for Art I say.   

The General

Maybe now Art will join Coastgab. 

spit on hands, hoist black flag, begin slitting throats

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 21, 2010, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: Renaldo on December 21, 2010, 11:04:17 PM
...He could pretty much walk onto a whole new nationally syndicated radio show if he wanted.  I imagine there are plenty of networks out there that would love to bring serious competition against C2C.

Here Here! For many years I've wondered why no other big syndicator picked up or tried to create a paranormal all night show.

We just canceled our XM account - we signed up at the beginning. We'd go back if Art had a show again.