Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 12:04:57 AM
Wait.  Doesn't he post here?

Not since he bought goats

paladin1991

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:23:50 PM
Steve Quayle is insufferable.  He's still a constant guest on some of the Internet shows I'm fond of and I just can't stand the guy.  At least Tom Horn has a soothing voice.

does he still reference his buddy the real estate dude?  Hawk?  Are they still under sonic and electro-magnetic attack?

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:32:51 PM
Stephanie!  How did such a beauty spring from his loins?  Quayle's wife must be extremely hot.

Don't think she's had the big breakthrough yet but I'm cheering for her.

Yeah, I'm pulling (it) for her, too.

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 05:36:02 PM
I'll do a GabCast later this week.  Probably Wednesday.  If it goes well, we'll do more.

https://youtu.be/k_IXzU-lnLU

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
does he still reference his buddy the real estate dude?  Hawk?  Are they still under sonic and electro-magnetic attack?

I would love to hear him and Stan Deyo in a debate.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 12:10:05 AM
I would love to hear him and Stan Deyo in a debate.
Only if Holly can chime in.

GravitySucks

I heard my first episode that I remember with the time traveller “Steve” as a caller. I saw someone implied that there were multiple shows. I may have heard it before but what caused me to focus on it was his claim that Marilyn Monroe had faked her death and was the Kennedy assassin on the grassy knoll.

How can Jackstar not be aware of this?

Does anyone know how many times this Steve character called into the show?

paladin1991

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 16, 2018, 10:34:33 PM
Sewergab is not letting me attach a pic of my AB autograph and I'm angry. Very angry.
WTF?

Won't let you attach?

Man, those fuckers owe you that.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 16, 2018, 11:18:09 PM
I did that for about a day when you were going out of your way to be an unbearable prick to me...but have at it! I'll just put you back on my troll list. ;)

Oh, please, please, please.  Can you put me on your troll list?

You triggered troll fuck.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 12:57:45 AM
Oh, please, please, please.  Can you put me on your troll list?

You triggered troll fuck.

You already are. :)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 11:13:55 PM
He wasn't a young man. There was something else involved. I think. Or it was that breif, beautiful window when Four Loko went up to fortified-wine strength and had all the caffine and 'energy' stuff in it. And an acolyte replaced his stash?

Drank a few of those one night along with another drink called Sparks. (8%) alc... Holy shit.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Art knew a fraud when he heard one.

Proof is in the pudding.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DanTSX on April 16, 2018, 10:09:24 PM
;D

It was me that was gone.  But this is the type of place where you can pick right up where you left off.

Yeah he’s still got the poodle hair.  except it just doesn’t part the same since he fell asleep at the wheel of his landcruiser and drove off the side of the road in oregon.  Of course he blames this on some Jew sleep laser.

His show is more interesting than I remember it being 10-15 years ago.  It is more politics than paranormal now, but that is just the industry trend at the moment.  He has some real ghouls In his stable of guests, but he occasionally goes places other conspiracy/paranormal types won’t go like environmental issues or the violence against white people in South Africa.  He has neat perspectives but I certainly do not endorse them.

Tim Rifat was a major ghoul. Supposedly a remote viewing expert (who no one ever heard of) and used to offer a service on his website to 'burn your enemies in hell'). Rense's guests were mostly too mad or boring to turn up anywhere else, and he had a big falling out with AJ some years ago.

sydtron

Quote from: username on April 17, 2018, 01:30:02 AM
Drank a few of those one night along with another drink called Sparks. (8%) alc... Holy shit.

Shit. Try drinking 3 24oz Steel Reserves 8% and then sparking a bowl. Then putting on Dark Side of The Moon. I shit in the basement that night.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: sydtron on April 17, 2018, 02:05:16 AM
Shit. Try drinking 3 24oz Steel Reserves 8% and then sparking a bowl. Then putting on Dark Side of The Moon. I shit in the basement that night.

That is also a vital part of the equation, good sir.

Switching gears away from Art, I prepared a brief statement in case the media calls to ask me about my reaction to the death of Barbara Bush:

'I imagine this was as good a time as any for Mrs. Bush to cruise on out of life, and I know how much she enjoyed cruising. Black men, right?'

Kolchak

MV, please add a Coinbase Commerce button to Bellgab. I will donate you a full litecoin.

grano salis

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 16, 2018, 11:23:21 PM
Alex Jones briefly mentioned Art today, said he liked Art even though Art didn’t seem to feel the same and never invited him on as a guest.

Some liberal rag "obituary" indicated that Art was the father of paranormal exploration but  "gave rise to alt-right conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones"  Obviously never listened to Art or read any of his books.  Progs have zero to offer IMO except zero logic and nastiness--can't even do an obituary without inserting their propaganda, evidently.  I listened to one of Art's MIB shows It's amazing how quick he  is with the listeners calling in. Jones has no cohesive thoughts IMO and his website is an unappealing mess like a teenager's bedroom.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 16, 2018, 08:53:24 PM
Good to see you PBS!! Nice to be among the Vaguely Loveables again.

Guess Art had one hell of an out of body experience. The spirit box guy didn't waste anytime plugging his wares! How many fans will put out the $1500 thinking they'll make contact with Art?

I wonder if anyone took clippings of Art's hair, fingernails, last time selfies etc. to hawk?  Maybe a crud thought, but hey I belong to BellGab!

Again, glad you posted...
Thanks so much! Bellgab has been great lately. I plan to be around more. It’s good to see you too!

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Art knew a fraud when he heard one.

Unlike George, Art Bell was wise to avoid Alex Jones.

Jones is the lowest form of money-grubbing scum. His entire schtick is largely based on profiting from the pain and tragedy of others. He knows his low-brow audience will eat up whatever shit he serves, so he doesn't even bother trying to dress it up as legitimate information. Once a self-styled rebel and rogue iconoclast, he’s now a sad caricature of himself. Fortunately his gravy train has just about run out of steam.

Sandy Hook Parents Have Just Hit Alex Jones With Defamation Lawsuits

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5acf6a6de4b0ac383d74bfe1

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 17, 2018, 05:04:39 AM
Unlike George, Art Bell was wise to avoid Alex Jones.

Jones is the lowest form of money-grubbing scum. His entire schtick is largely based on profiting from the pain and tragedy of others. He knows his low-brow audience will eat up whatever shit he serves, so he doesn't even bother trying to dress it up as legitimate information. Once a self-styled rebel and rogue iconoclast, he’s now a sad caricature of himself. Fortunately his gravy train has just about run out of steam.

Sandy Hook Parents Have Just Hit Alex Jones With Defamation Lawsuits

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5acf6a6de4b0ac383d74bfe1

+1,000

Hells Mole

When back in the old days Art would make disparaging remarks about "those guys" or maybe "that guy" on shortwave I thought it was Alex Jones, and maybe it was, but I recently learned about Bill Cooper and think maybe it was he that was the real thorn in his side.  Art didn't seem to like government conspiracy too much at least on air so it always bugs me when the media calls him a conspiracy theorist.  That and he never struck me as a guy espousing "theories" about much of anything.  He'd lean this way or that vaguely but rarely took even a strong stance on any particular subject which I think was necessary for the success of the show.  Though I never knew him personally like some of you enjoyed here, I suspect he was just overall that way about most things.  Most thoughtful people are.

I digress.  I don't think I ever heard Alex Jones mention Art Bell until this new clip of reporting Art's.. (god, I keep wishing it would be announced as untrue or a hoax) passing.  I have found videos of Cooper just completely lashing out hog wild on Art so I can see why Art would have steered clear of that guy despite that I'm guessing he was a frequently requested guest.

Hells Mole

https://youtu.be/rdtx-pxjX8A

Art's interview with Willie Nelson was one of my favorites.  Like so many shows I will never forget where I was, who I was with and the magic of that live moment in time.  I was able to go to my first Willie Nelson show two years later and it was phenomenal and Art was in my mind the whole time.  This brand new track from Willie couldn't be more appropriate for what so many are now feeling.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 11:14:05 PM
this is clearly addressed on the bellgab "rules" page.  i don't know why you're trying to make me repeat things.
Damn I forgot about that. My apologies MV for putting you out  :P
Praise MV! I look forward to hearing you tomorrow and whoever steps up to host.

Now weren't we discussing the latest MITD debacle?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 07:05:31 AM
Damn I forgot about that. My apologies MV for putting you out  :P
Praise MV! I look forward to hearing you tomorrow and whoever steps up to host.

Now weren't we discussing the latest MITD debacle?

I was reading more on Heather's page this morning.

Someone named Sparky Parker posted, thanking her for replaying the first show with Graham Hancock.  Roxane Flamio said "Open lines would have meant more to all! Art is archived we can listen anytime to him ....MITD Talk has a message for you!" To which Heather replied: "Open Lines is coming soon. Please. I can't do it right now there are family things to attend".

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 17, 2018, 07:14:48 AM
I was reading more on Heather's page this morning.

Someone named Sparky Parker posted, thanking her for replaying the first show with Graham Hancock.  Roxane Flamio said "Open lines would have meant more to all! Art is archived we can listen anytime to him ....MITD Talk has a message for you!" To which Heather replied: "Open Lines is coming soon. Please. I can't do it right now there are family things to attend".
OMG the comment section on the replay. Where to begin. It's all so over dramatic. I will grab some of my favorite screenshots a bit later for those that don't have facebook. Thanks for alerting me bells.

bellNwhistle

I loved that he was such a cat lover. I am, too. However, sometimes he made comments that made me really shake my head.  I was listening to an old show the other night, and a caller was trying to help him get an established cat of his to get used to the new cat.   She said something about how he should give the older cat a lot of love, to make sure its not jealous. He was basically like "F That!" and told her how he usually did it. It was crazy, whatever it was. It was Art Bell.