• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Catsmile on April 16, 2018, 12:34:55 PM
...nao!

i don't know why, but this internet-ism makes me chuckle.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on April 16, 2018, 12:38:24 PM
Bon Voyage Art, sorry we poked you with the Gab-stick.

heh heh

MV/Liberace!

Someone mentioned how nuts it is to think Larry King outlived the subject of that interview.  I'll second that.

Robert

Quote from: hitfan on April 15, 2018, 05:17:39 PMI know this forum was originally the George Noory haters club, but in fairness to George, I think he has improved over the past few years.
He's not setting new records for suckiness, but I think all we're getting is fluctuations in his degree of suck.
QuoteThe problem is that Noory and all of those who tried to succeed Art Bell are not Art Bell.  He is a once in a generation talent that cannot be replaced.
I disagree.  I think George Knapp is in the same ballpark as, and Ian Punnet was slightly better than, the late Mr. Bell.  And I've heard others who may have been too good for overnight.

Ms. Wade started out about as good as Mr. Noory, but because of her interest in the subject matter, got better.  Yet her program's still not as good as most of the others on DMDN.  Maybe it's unfair comparing her show to shorter ones, and comparing her & Mr. Noory as single interviewers to panel shows.  Hell, for that matter, I don't know how good Mr. Noory might be if he did programs on material he was really interested in -- which is what I thought he'd wind up doing when Mr. Bell said Mr. Noory would take the program in his own directions, but unfortunately it seems he didn't.

ItsOver

Quote from: Catsmile on April 16, 2018, 02:12:26 PM
#UNeedKeithHeathersPermission1st
#Painting2CompleteMyShrine
#CommissionPaintingOfArtsParts
#4Bedroom
#ArtIsHung
#ArtUHandsomeDevil
#JazzWeRLooking@U

#HandKnittedCoziesSmellingOfStaleCatPiss
#HandKnittedPhoneCaseOrBabySocks
#HandKnittedLikenessOfArt
#PinkSock
#CrazyCatLadies

#ShitWhatAreWeGoingToDoNow

Catsmile

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
Someone mentioned how nuts it is to think Larry King outlived the subject of that interview.  I'll second that.

What makes you think he did? His circle of orbiters successfully quashed the bad news, unlike some we know. His desiccated carcass has been worked by strings, pulleys and cranks for over a decade nao.

#ArtOrbitersBungleAgain
#WhatDoNao
#EyeNo
#LoozeShitAllOverInternetz
#SendLinks2Widow
#That'llFixIt
#GoodIdea
#Profit

See Red String Holding Up Arm?
#TrueStory!

Robert

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 08:13:19 PMthe problem with future gabcasts is a lack of focused subject matter.  what would the show be?
Independent reporting on the Area 51 escapade.

whoozit

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 16, 2018, 12:15:02 PM
While it may appear that HW and KR's dismay at the Nye Sheriff and Joorch's preemptive announcements has the appearance of marketing envy I think the real motivation is a fetish for secrecy and gratuitous intrigue. Sad.
For the words of the profits
Were written on the studio wall...

Robert

Quote from: Lunger on April 15, 2018, 09:17:10 PMSo how long before Whitley Strieber declares he is in communication with Art?
For sure he'll tease it in the free portion of Dreamland.

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 08:13:19 PM
the problem with future gabcasts is a lack of focused subject matter.  what would the show be?  i suppose we could pick random posts from users and talk about them.  dunno.

Ibby’s tits
PBS’s love life
Dr MD MD’s latest top 10 video picks
Introduction and internship of the Vandeven prodigy podcasters
Mad Martian madness

ItsTelly

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2018, 04:24:14 PM
He's not setting new records for suckiness, but I think all we're getting is fluctuations in his degree of suck.I disagree.  I think George Knapp is in the same ballpark as, and Ian Punnet was slightly better than, the late Mr. Bell.  And I've heard others who may have been too good for overnight.

Ms. Wade started out about as good as Mr. Noory, but because of her interest in the subject matter, got better.  Yet her program's still not as good as most of the others on DMDN.  Maybe it's unfair comparing her show to shorter ones, and comparing her & Mr. Noory as single interviewers to panel shows.  Hell, for that matter, I don't know how good Mr. Noory might be if he did programs on material he was really interested in -- which is what I thought he'd wind up doing when Mr. Bell said Mr. Noory would take the program in his own directions, but unfortunately it seems he didn't.

IMHO, Knapp and Punnett are close but not quite Art.  Definately the same ballpark.  I think John B. Wells was in there at one time before he went way off the deep end...I've never been able to listen to Lisa Garr so I don't know if she's good or not.  I just can't stand her voice. 

Noory, if anything, has gone downhill.  His early program were quite good when he was trying to earn rights to the fulltime gig; listen to his interview with 'Bishop' Sean Manchester.  Noory is actively listening and asking good questions.  Now, he phones it in....

Telly

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 04:26:40 PM
#ShitWhatAreWeGoingToDoNow

#KeepMorbidlyPokingWithBellStick4TheLulz
#ArtsGonnaKeepUsEntertained
#ThatsWhatShowmenWouldWant
#Legacy
#ArtOwesUs
#WhySoSirius_XM
#Wait4MoarFireworks2GoOff@Compound
#StalkThisBitch
#CatFight
#STAYTUNED!!

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 16, 2018, 05:01:40 PM
IMHO, Knapp and Punnett are close but not quite Art.  Definately the same ballpark.  I think John B. Wells was in there at one time before he went way off the deep end...I've never been able to listen to Lisa Garr so I don't know if she's good or not.  I just can't stand her voice. 

Noory, if anything, has gone downhill.  His early program were quite good when he was trying to earn rights to the fulltime gig; listen to his interview with 'Bishop' Sean Manchester.  Noory is actively listening and asking good questions.  Now, he phones it in....

Telly

Knapp is just okay but I loved Ian Punnett.  He was great.

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 16, 2018, 05:01:40 PM

Telly

I agree about Noory.  He was a lot better when he first took over. I guess there was fire in his belly then and he didn't diverge so much from standard Coast topics.  Not much alternative health or any of that other crap.  By 2006, any hope I may have had for the show diminished to nothing though.

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:04:39 PM

The problem with Punnett was his puns.  He was a little too silly sometimes.  Nadir of Coast for me was Jason the horse.

AppealPlay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:06:18 PM
I agree about Noory.  He was a lot better when he first took over. I guess there was fire in his belly then and he didn't diverge so much from standard Coast topics.  Not much alternative health or any of that other crap.  By 2006, any hope I may have had for the show diminished to nothing though.

What, you aren't interested in learning the benefits of tumeric?  What are you, a normie?

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:09:16 PM
What, you aren't interested in learning the benefits of tumeric?  What are you, a normie?

I've heard too much about tumeric over and over and over again ad nauseam with emphasis on nausea.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:07:38 PM

The problem with Punnett was his puns.  He was a little too silly sometimes.  Nadir of Coast for me was Jason the horse.
As I recall he was almost forced to get Jason on again due to caller's liking it. Ian was hit or miss some times. He would dump guests a bit too early but also wouldn't suffer foolish guests/callers on Biblical issues if they had something totally wrong or were shamelessly pandering for book sales etc. Because of his education he could debate them goof. He also seemed to care about callers/guests more than Norry, if they were bona-fide crazy (recall the Schizophrenic SciFi author who changed subject and announced that he "solved" his Schizophrenia and off his meds?)

ItsTelly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:07:38 PM

I dunno at the end I was pretty convinced the guy was actually a goddamned horse...

Telly

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 04:57:40 PM
Ibby’s tits
PBS’s love life
Dr MD MD’s latest top 10 video picks
Introduction and internship of the Vandeven prodigy podcasters
Mad Martian madness

Top ten?! I'll be lucky to get one weekly pick the way some people bitch and moan about them. :D

Catsmile

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:04:39 PM

#P*BHeadExplodes
#MaybeNewIanIPadFromP*B

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:16:50 PM
As I recall he was almost forced to get Jason on again due to caller's liking it. Ian was hit or miss some times. He would dump guests a bit too early but also wouldn't suffer foolish guests/callers on Biblical issues if they had something totally wrong or were shamelessly pandering for book sales etc. Because of his education he could debate them could. He also seemed to care about callers/guests more than Norry, if they were bonafide crazy (recall the Schizophrenic SciFi author who changed subject and announced that he "solved" his Schizophrenia and off his meds?)

One of my favorite Ian moments was when he had his row with Steve Quayle.  That was epic.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

One of my favorite Ian moments was when he had his row with Steve Quayle.  That was epic.
Yep. I also enjoyed one of his New Years Prediction show with some of the predictions. Rodents would start taking over and attacking people and the virus would spread- to even include salmon. The guy who said "King Midas is in paladium" and will be "coming back." Ian replied "I have a paladium wedding ring and suggested he wasn't going to get rid of it" and guy was concerned and "wish him luck."

AppealPlay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

Steve Quayle is insufferable.  He's still a constant guest on some of the Internet shows I'm fond of and I just can't stand the guy.  At least Tom Horn has a soothing voice.

ItsOver

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:09:16 PM
Heh.  An ideal night of radio listening pleasure.  Learning about freedom, money, and turmeric. Oh, and eggs.  Lots and lots of eggs.

ShayP

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 16, 2018, 05:23:50 PM
Steve Quayle is insufferable. 

YES.  Plus his rapid fire way of speaking is annoying.  I can't listen to him.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ShayP on April 16, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
YES.  Plus his rapid fire way of speaking is annoying.  I can't listen to him.

A fun drinking game is to take a shot every time he says, "THIS IS CRITICAL."

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 05:26:01 PM
Heh.  An ideal night of radio listening pleasure.  Learning about freedom, money, and turmeric. Oh, and eggs.  Lots and lots of eggs.
It almost makes me yearn for the Norry days of portals, "or could it be angels,"- and magic numbers with a certain lady who....wait for it...."we call the Numbers Lady."