• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 15, 2018, 10:31:32 PM
I feel like pretending to perform necromancy for money is still a sin.
what if it works?

Up All Night

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 15, 2018, 07:56:41 AM
From fairly early on, Art had a little sideline going where you could order copies of the show on tape. I don't know whether that applied to all of them or not but it must mean that they have a decent archive. Also, Art was a tech guy with an ego, who knew he was doing something different, so it would be hard to believe that he didn't have back-ups.

Maybe we can hire the same guy that lifted the soundboard tapes from Jimmy Page's home, from Zeppelin shows in the 70's, to get the Art's tapes.

After Prince died there was quite a gathering outside Prince's complex for awhile. Wonder what will happen with Art??

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 05:19:14 AM
Maybe we can hire the same guy that lifted the soundboard tapes from Jimmy Page's home, from Zeppelin shows in the 70's, to get the Art's tapes.

After Prince died there was quite a gathering outside Prince's complex for awhile. Wonder what will happen with Art??

We're all meeting up outside the gates in Pahrump, with Art Bell shirts, stiff drinks, and somebody in a van blasting the Pointer Sisters. He's bound to show up after dark, one way another.  Or at least the cops will.

Up All Night

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 15, 2018, 10:16:53 AM
'Sitting'? Was that a typo?

I dunno... You'll have to see what Christopher Steele has to be sure...  ;)

Up All Night

Quote from: awguy on April 15, 2018, 09:59:01 AM
Interesting, I was listening to C2C last night and Connie said the rumor was that Art was found on the floor.

Whatever... but the pillow... was the pillow found over his face, or under his neck???

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 05:42:02 AM
Whatever... but the pillow... was the pillow found over his face, or under his neck???

Couldn't be under.. not unless he fell asleep on the floor.  Maybe he was in the middle of an OBE, and it went sideways. 

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 16, 2018, 05:38:10 AM
We're all meeting up outside the gates in Pahrump, with Art Bell shirts, stiff drinks, and somebody in a van blasting the Pointer Sisters. He's bound to show up after dark, one way another.  Or at least the cops will.

Do it on a Friday or Saturday so you can get on Live PD.

Up All Night

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2018, 01:09:31 PM
Damn the Pahrump Valley Times!  They released the news and published the obituary before I was ready for them to.  Do they have a facebook page for me to post my disgust?  ;)

No, but you should start one for them, and then post your disgust there.

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

I imagine Heather will host a mass naked fire dance in the vast desert expanse behind Art's compound. Lots of room there to twirl around and throw torches in the darkness with no danger of setting anything on fire.

ItsOver

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 15, 2018, 09:26:53 PM
Are you kidding? You're funny and smart. You decide on the topics. Could be multiple topics during a show. Once one topic runs it's course, the next one is discussed. 99% of the Gabcasts (at least since I've been around) have not had anything to do with Art specifically, anyway.
MV's a great host.  I'd tune into future GabCasts just to hear MV.  Hell, I wish he had a regular radio show.  And with this pack of loons and miscreants on BellGab, there's no shortage of characters to feed on.  Plus, there's always Jazmunda.  ;D  MV would blow Jorch out of the water.  Oh, and praise MV, of course.

QuoteIt is with great and deep sadness that we report Art Bell passed away last Thursday night/Friday morning, peacefully in his sleep, most likely due to complications from his long diagnosed C.O.P.D. It seems appropriate that he died on Friday the 13th, being the King of paranormal radio for many decades, as he championed the exploration into the unknown, strange worlds of the afterlife, and High Strangeness of every kind. Art had a fascination with the afterlife, and it’s heartwarming to know he peacefully slipped into the next world and now knows the answers he sought for so long.

Art pioneered paranormal radio with his creation in the 1990’s of the weekly show Dreamland, which eventually spread to his nightly show, Coast To Coast AM. His style, topics, and guests all brought in a new wave of listeners to late night talk radio. He always strived for quality in the production and content phases of his show. He also allowed for the spontaneity of the unknown by always taking calls from unscreened Open Lines, which brought a certain sense of intimacy to the program.  He led the way for numerous others to not be afraid of exploring the paranormal on main stream radio.

The early days of Art’s nightly program was centered around the politics of the day. At a certain point he got tired of the same old political talk and deemed paranormal the direction he wanted to take. After decades of paranormal radio, after his final retirement, Art drifted back to speaking his mind on politics, on his very popular Facebook page. He also selected recent producer of his show, Heather Wade, to take over the reins of his paranormal search on the air. Months before he died, Art expressed that he felt the show he created was being competently hosted by Heather and was proud of her to carry on the tradition. He felt his legacy is in good hands.

Art was an avid HAM radio operator and enjoyed communicating both professionally and on the HAM bands. He had one of the best sounding HAM stations on the air, and was frequently talking to others in the middle of the night on weekends. He went by the call-sign of W6OBB. He is now referred to as a ‘silent-key’ by the amateur radio community.

He lived his life to the fullest and made an impact on everyone he knew, while he reinvented talk radio into the cultural phenomenon now known as Paranormal Talk.  Art Bell brought wonder, curiosity, and fascination to us, and the landscape of late night radio was never the same.  He was a National Treasure, and left his mark on this world that will always be timeless, as he was.

Host of Midnight In The Desert, Heather Wade, said, “His friendship was a true honor, and to have been mentored by him is a treasure beyond description.  I will do what he wanted and carry on Midnight In The Desert in the way he taught me.  His loss cuts deep as I recall the countless moments of advice, laughter, excitement, guidance, and priceless wisdom. Being friends with Art Bell meant there was never a dull moment, and it is impossible to convey how much I miss him now.”

His fans will be forever grateful for the incredible ride Art gave them, and he will always be remembered and sadly missed. God Speed Art Bell!
http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-r-i-p/

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 07:01:20 AM
MV's a great host.  I'd tune into future GabCasts just to hear MV.  Hell, I wish he had a regular radio show.  And with this pack of loons and miscreants on BellGab, there's no shortage of characters to feed on.  Plus, there's always Jazmunda.  ;D  MV would blow Jorch out of the water.  Oh, and praise MV, of course.

More MV! I first came to bellgab because of the trainwreck. I've stuck around all these years because of MV. A good landscaper is hard to find.

MITD will be airing Art's first show of MITD for anyone who is interested.

Quote from: DanTSX on April 15, 2018, 09:27:42 PM

I think that the bellgrab focus moving forward should be to simply push for release of archived AB material, support Art’s former guests and collaborators , and perpetual, aggressive heckling of George.

I have at least one show that isn't in the torrent. It's from Oct. 2001 with Art interviewing Brad Steiger. How do I share it with you all without Premier's copyright goons coming after me?  ???

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 16, 2018, 08:12:17 AM
I have at least one show that isn't in the torrent. It's from Oct. 2001 with Art interviewing Brad Steiger. How do I share it with you all without Premier's copyright goons coming after me?  ???

Art Bell â€" Somewhere in Time returns to 2/11/1999 when paranormal investigator Brad Steiger joins Art to discuss his new book, The Source, which covers such topics as angels, Roswell, demonic possession, and end-of-the-world prophecies.
November 21, 2015 | By Gandlaf   | 2 Replies More

Art Bell Somewhere in Time returned to February 27, 1998 when Art’s guest was New York Times Best selling author Gregg Braden who spoke about Science, Religion and Spirituality.

If it is one of those then its out there and can be had easily.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 16, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

Art Bell â€" Somewhere in Time returns to 2/11/1999 when paranormal investigator Brad Steiger joins Art to discuss his new book, The Source, which covers such topics as angels, Roswell, demonic possession, and end-of-the-world prophecies.
November 21, 2015 | By Gandlaf   | 2 Replies More

Art Bell Somewhere in Time returned to February 27, 1998 when Art’s guest was New York Times Best selling author Gregg Braden who spoke about Science, Religion and Spirituality.

If it is one of those then its out there and can be had easily.

It's from Oct. 29, 2001 and I know the date is accurate because Art talks about a hospital worker in New York who inhaled anthrax, according to old news articles online she died two days later on the 31st.

Up All Night

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 16, 2018, 06:43:52 AM
I imagine Heather will host a mass naked fire dance in the vast desert expanse behind Art's compound. Lots of room there to twirl around and throw torches in the darkness with no danger of setting anything on fire.

Well, I'm glad you said "mass naked fire dance", instead of "Heather, Keith, & Snoory will host a massive bonfire to burn all existing tapes and files of Art Bell shows, in the vast desert expanse behind Art's compound, to eliminate any further competition from him for the sake of their shows."  :o

Up All Night

Quote from: DanTSX on April 15, 2018, 09:07:33 AM
/x/ is speculating that she is a long lost daughter....

I find that to be the least probable of the possible explanations.

She's My Sister And My Daughter !!!!

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 09:00:38 AM
Well, I'm glad you said "mass naked fire dance", instead of "Heather, Keith, & Snoory will host a massive bonfire to burn all existing tapes and files of Art Bell shows, in the vast desert expanse behind Art's compound, to eliminate any further competition from him for the sake of their shows."  :o

Heather listened to more old Art show than anyone. If she had the old ones I am 100% sure she would release them to the public.

C2C however, not so much. Premier has been barely putting them out. They run frequent re-runs on SIT. It sucks, I wish they would open up their archive.  Art said he turned over all his tapes to them. I think most of them are on VHS, at least the older shows.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 16, 2018, 07:38:58 AM
Art expressed that he felt the show he created was being competently hosted by Heather and was proud of her to carry on the tradition. He felt his legacy is in good hands.

Wow, they couldn't even write this post without exploiting Art Bell one last time for their own personal gain?  Why even mention this self-serving line in a post meant to pay tribute to Art Bell's life and legacy??  George Noory and Coast to Coast AM have done a much better job at honoring Art's passing in a dignified and respectful manner than these selfish freaks at MITD.

Juan

I have a friend who once had some of Art's old air checks when he was with a Mexican blowtorch. He used the air name Art Trey (no idea how he spelled it) and his gimmick was playing triple spins. It was his disc jockey period. I'm trying to get my friend to digitize them and send them to me. If I get them, I'll post somewhere for download.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 16, 2018, 09:18:33 AM
Wow, they couldn't even write this post without exploiting Art Bell one last time for their own personal gain?  Why even mention this self-serving line in a post meant to pay tribute to Art Bell's life and legacy??  George Noory and Coast to Coast AM have done a much better job at honoring Art's passing in a dignified and respectful manner than these selfish freaks at MITD.

Not only did they play up that angle, but they didn't even talk about his other loves- cats, his wife, his daughter and new son.. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: creepygreenlight on April 16, 2018, 09:18:33 AM

I can't think of anything more inappropriate than using an obit to justify your lousy show. Utterly classless. If you are going to write a tribute then 100% of it should be about the subject. She's a real piece of work.

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 09:00:38 AM

Yeah no kidding. I have nothing against Heather and hope she has success, I just don't listen anymore because she's not Art. I'm wondering too whether Art's wife is going to move away and leave Heather as the sole owner of the property. Maybe she could convert it to a paranormal museum like the Forrest Ackerman mansion in California which is a magnet for horror and scifi fans. Charge $20 a head for tours, conduct seminars, mass consciousness experiments, maybe a Ouija board seance or two. Clowns and balloons for the kids, face painting and a ferris wheel out back. Guess I'm just a carnval barker at heart. Hey I'd better delete this post before Keith sees it and starts getting ideas.  :P

ponyboysunset

Bwhahahahhaahaha..."competently hosted" LMAO!!!!! Just for those who want a definition...

Competently...

in an acceptable and satisfactory, though not outstanding, way.
"it's only competently sung and it's all but devoid of character"

This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I really hope no one ever refers to me being competent at anything.

I also find the spamming of the NYE county sheriffs to be absolutely childish. Then again what did I expect from Keith and Company.... ::)

Taco Bell

Quote from: Kolchak on April 15, 2018, 05:04:39 PM
Some people are already trying to capitalize on that. Gotta grab that sweet adsense revenue before the man is buried.

https://youtu.be/jRTxLrhIk7U

While this guy has always come across as a charlatan, the "art voice" did give me a chill. Whichever program he's using to manipulate speech tones, he nailed it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
While this guy has always come across as a charlatan, the "art voice" did give me a chill. Whichever program he's using to manipulate speech tones, he nailed it.
The voice got me too then I looked at this guy's site. I really think it's faked. I haven no proof but $1500 for a wonder box? More like I wonder where my fucking money went..lol