• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
fun show.,,

It was, thank you. When is the next Martinez tonight?

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 15, 2018, 09:13:38 PM
It was, thank you. When is the next Martinez tonight?

Soon...George is off the deep end...lol

Lunger

So how long before Whitley Strieber declares he is in communication with Art?  Maybe  he can relay how Ann is showing Art the ropes of being in the afterlife.

BettyO417

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 08:30:39 PM
LOL.  WTF did Bell see in KR?  It's a blessed thing Art had Ramona or we may never have heard of him.  At all.

Well said ItsOver. Ramona Bell was the push and brains behind Art Bell. They worked together like a well greased machine. They were unstoppable. Art was never the same after he lost Ramona. I hope Ramona met him at those pearly gates!

MV, BellGab will thrive. Art will always live in our thoughts. Think of it, the messages that the EVP groups might receive from Art! Wouldn’t it be crazy if he came through! That would be a great GabCast show!!

Billy Cunningham, Live on Sunday Night just did a beautiful eulogy on Art.  :'(

DanTSX

Quote from: Lunger on April 15, 2018, 09:17:10 PM
So how long before Whitley Strieber declares he is in communication with Art?  Maybe  he can relay how Ann is showing Art the ropes of being in the afterlife.

This is a tee ball setup for a good joke ;D

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 08:13:19 PM
the problem with future gabcasts is a lack of focused subject matter.  what would the show be?  i suppose we could pick random posts from users and talk about them.  dunno.

Are you kidding? You're funny and smart. You decide on the topics. Could be multiple topics during a show. Once one topic runs it's course, the next one is discussed. 99% of the Gabcasts (at least since I've been around) have not had anything to do with Art specifically, anyway.

DanTSX

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 15, 2018, 09:19:52 PM
Well said ItsOver. Ramona Bell was the push and brains behind Art Bell. They worked together like a well greased machine. They were unstoppable. Art was never the same after he lost Ramona. I hope Ramona met him at those pearly gates!

MV, BellGab will thrive. Art will always live in our thoughts. Think of it, the messages that the EVP groups might receive from Art! Wouldn’t it be crazy if he came through! That would be a great GabCast show!!

I think that the bellgrab focus moving forward should be to simply push for release of archived AB material, support Art’s former guests and collaborators , and perpetual, aggressive heckling of George.

Catsmile

Art quit like four times even with Ramona, but she could get him off the couch again. And back into loving the radio in his veins, to bad the loving microphone wasn't in his mouth.

#2La8tNao

malliard

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 08:21:31 PM
heh heh

he seems like a nice enough guy.  why not.

This is priceless... thanks guy

Rockaria

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTxLrhIk7U

Think of it, the messages that the EVP groups might receive from Art! Wouldn’t it be crazy if he came through! That would be a great GabCast show!!

Element 115

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 15, 2018, 09:26:53 PM
Are you kidding? You're funny and smart. You decide on the topics. Could be multiple topics during a show. Once one topic runs it's course, the next one is discussed. 99% of the Gabcasts (at least since I've been around) have not had anything to do with Art specifically, anyway.

There are so many things we can talk about, true.  I wanted to say things related to spec sheet, senda, and wanted to talk more with MV and the others when I called last night but the show last night was about Art and how much he meant to all of us.  We definitely need another Gabcast, we'll find all kinds of stuff to talk about.

chefist

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 15, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
Oh, what the fuck? :o

If we pay you money...wound he come back?

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on April 15, 2018, 10:30:30 PM
If we pay you money...wound he come back?

I feel like pretending to perform necromancy for money is still a sin.

albrecht

Quote from: Up All Night on April 15, 2018, 08:24:49 PM
I Had to wait a few years after Elvis's death, but I did see him drive by. And then it was a few years after the Waco compound burned, that I saw David Koresh in a parking lot. (These are unconfirmed sightings).

I suppose it will be a few years and I'll see Art driving through town.
I posted here, somewhere, about it. Some short time after the incineration was in car driving home after many beers with friends and 'short cut' through an alley where some homeless had camps. A guy ran across street n sort of froze in our headlights. And scampered off. My buddy n me looked at each other at the hard brake. Shook our heads n said "can't be" at same time. Dude looked exactly like Koresh. And Austin not that far from Waco....so...? Idk. But we both had same thought, that it was...

Grifynne

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 15, 2018, 08:56:29 PM
http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-r-i-p/ "Months before he died, Art expressed that he felt the show he created was being competently hosted by Heather and was proud of her to carry on the tradition. He felt his legacy is in good hands."

Well, add dementia to the list.

Did Heather write that?

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 07:11:26 PM
Art’s Replacement Sucksâ,,¢️

You could merge two threads.
And ^^that^^ is why I still love this place. ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2018, 11:33:28 PM
And ^^that^^ is why I still love this place. ;D

You...you mean it's not because of me? :'(

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 11:34:41 PM
You...you mean it's not because of me? :'(
Because of... In spite of...

You're just the added bonus.   :-*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 07:11:26 PM
Art’s Replacement Sucksâ,,¢️

You could merge two threads.

heh heh

WildCard

this thread is mostly cancer/theOne, but there's a few gems

One could only hope it was her and not Art. :(
Quote from: Grifynne on April 15, 2018, 10:53:00 PM
Did Heather write that?

Up All Night

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 15, 2018, 06:00:44 AM
As for the autopsy..  had Art been bad enough to be in hospice (which it sounds like he wasn't, or at least had not chosen to go that route at this point), he would not have had an autopsy.  They would have said he likely died from complications of his illness, which was already well established.  Even if his death was unattended.  (Many people die unattended and do not require autopsies. So did the family ask for one?)

Very strangely enough, the Scalia Family *did not* request an autopsy for the Supreme Court Judge. I find that puzzling.

ge30542

Quote from: Up All Night on April 16, 2018, 04:28:02 AM
Very strangely enough, the Scalia Family *did not* request an autopsy for the Supreme Court Judge. I find that puzzling.
Maybe they'll request one for Art.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2018, 04:31:24 AM
Maybe they'll request one for Art.

The Scalia family? That would certainly make things interesting. Actually, I think Art might get a kick out of that!

bellNwhistle

https://open.spotify.com/user/danb74/playlist/2oFRBYI77D7mO3FDlaHA7j?si=7RWHg4pOQy6qvik3BNGGgA  The Bumper Music list on Spotify is now up to 96 songs.  The file folder on my computer is so lacking.

bellNwhistle

Don't know why, but I've been obsessed with this one for the last several months

https://youtu.be/xVmZazychgI