• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Albrecht, how come you have an interest in South Africa, and are so well read on it? Do you have family here, friends?

I know you weren't addressing me but, by an odd series of twists of fate, My best friend/sweetheart lives in Free State. Ridiculous I know. We talk nearly every day and see each other whenever possible. I'm hoping to spend some time there this summer.

Lauren Southern is doing a documentary on SA.  Search YouTube and there are plenty of vids on it.  There’s more and more media attention in the States about that, well, in alternative media anyways.

Chine

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Albrecht, how come you have an interest in South Africa, and are so well read on it? Do you have family here, friends?

Hey, Azzerae - I’ve been lurking in on your exchanges with Albrecht and others on South Africa. Very fascinating and thank you for sharing.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 02:44:46 AM
I'd listen to him do a political roundtable. We could use a new Mclaughlin Group, Bellgab style. ;)

Agreed!  That was the last PBS program I watched regularly.  In restrospect, to think that a PBS show had Pat Buchanan on as a regular seems funny and ironic considering their political leanings.  Another great host who will be missed, R.I.P. Art Bell and John McLaughlin.

ADG12311990

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 18, 2018, 07:20:13 PM
Hendrie's parodies of Art Bell were glorious.

Those bits have made me expect a commercial from Peenman Enterprises every time I hear Dancing Queen. This is the best way to remember Art...

I am actually surprised there hasn't been any hissy-fitting and/or vague facebook posts from people about how Phil is being disrespectful or some nonsense.

paladin1991

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 12:58:45 AM
Laugh all you will buddy. Hahaha. Your country is demonizing the white man itself...I know how that story ends. Be wary!

Not  laughing. Curious.  I  keep hearing how anyone who is not black is being marginalized at best and fucked at worst. 

paladin1991

Quote from: ADG12311990 on April 19, 2018, 12:22:32 PM
Those bits have made me expect a commercial from Peenman Enterprises every time I hear Dancing Queen. This is the best way to remember Art...

I am actually surprised there hasn't been any hissy-fitting and/or vague facebook posts from people about how Phil is being disrespectful or some nonsense.

That's because Phil 'gets it.'

AZZERAE

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 19, 2018, 11:25:33 AM
I know you weren't addressing me but, by an odd series of twists of fate, My best friend/sweetheart lives in Free State. Ridiculous I know. We talk nearly every day and see each other whenever possible. I'm hoping to spend some time there this summer.

Hey Aldous, that's quite the coincidence!

I was addressing whoever was reading...  :D

I hope you enjoy your upcoming visit.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 19, 2018, 11:25:43 AM
Lauren Southern is doing a documentary on SA.  Search YouTube and there are plenty of vids on it.  There’s more and more media attention in the States about that, well, in alternative media anyways.

It pains me to say, because there are atrocities that have (and are) taking place - but there is a touch of sensationalism in Miss Southern's documentaries.

If interested, here's a bit more of a realistic discussion on the current goings on: http://iono.fm/e/544717 - from the horses mouth, as it were.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 19, 2018, 11:34:28 AM
Agreed!  That was the last PBS program I watched regularly.  In restrospect, to think that a PBS show had Pat Buchanan on as a regular seems funny and ironic considering their political leanings.  Another great host who will be missed, R.I.P. Art Bell and John McLaughlin.

With the recent inspector general's criminal refferal of sacked former deputy FBI director, Andrew McCabe will president Trump now feel free to fire special prosecutor, Robert Mueller? HLF, WHAT SAY YOU?

AZZERAE

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 11:26:54 AM
Hey, Azzerae - I’ve been lurking in on your exchanges with Albrecht and others on South Africa. Very fascinating and thank you for sharing.

Aw cool, any time. Pleased to meet you!  :)

AZZERAE

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 19, 2018, 12:24:07 PM
Not  laughing. Curious.  I  keep hearing how anyone who is not black is being marginalized at best and fucked at worst.

My apologies, my prior exchange with you read rather snarky in retrospect. You're correct on both fronts, and I totally got that you were curious. I just worry about your beautiful country going the same way this one has. I pray it doesn't happen.

Tricky-D

I’m FB friends with Heather Wade. You’d think it was her spouse that died my god!

1. She’s milking this for sympathy for attention

or

2. She was getting regular Art Bell beef injections and was in love with him. 

Either way it’s ridiculous for her to be carrying on like this.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 19, 2018, 01:18:28 PM
I’m FB friends with Heather Wade. You’d think it was her spouse that died my god!

1. She’s milking this for sympathy for attention

or

2. She was getting regular Art Bell beef injections and was in love with him. 

Either way it’s ridiculous for her to be carrying on like this.

Would it be a bit low, and trashy, if I were to request ... a screenshot or two?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 01:32:03 PM
Would it be a bit low, and trashy, if I were to request ... a screenshot or two?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

This is a cry for help. I don't really know her. I wasn't a fan of her as a host but I'm genuinely concerned about her. :-\

My tip for Heather.  Stop elocuting like a cross between Art Bell and Rod Serling.  Be yourself.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 01:41:25 PM
This is a cry for help. I don't really know her. I wasn't a fan of her as a host but I'm genuinely concerned about her. :-\

Me too.  She is very depressed.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Wow...  The hairy fist of reality may have finally made an impact on Miss Wade's brain.

bellNwhistle

It's hard not to feel badly for her, as clearly she wanted to do a good job, and impress Art. He put a lot of stock into her and into how great she would become. Anyone in  her position would probably be ashamed and upset that they weren't measuring up- especially while Art was alive. However, whose fault is it, really? This is Art Freaking Bell you're talking about here. What was the likelihood of him finding a replacement that measured up? Especially one who was humble enough to take instruction? Not become an obnoxious bitch or something?  I mean, if you want to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, he put too much on her. He really kinda screwed her. He should have known better.   :-\

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 02:58:03 AM
Sure does. But no, I actually, genuinely feel that way.  :)

I genuinely have hate in my heart, feels good.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 19, 2018, 01:47:55 PM
Wow...  The hairy fist of reality may have finally made an impact on Miss Wade's brain.

Yeah no, losing loved ones is tough. Hanging onto a dream job that doesn't pay is no thrill either. Both of these things have happened to me and it eventually made me more resilient. I think Heather will likewise find her way through. Hopefully one of the MITD fanbase can get a patreon account going or somesuch. 

AZZERAE

Have they had the funeral yet?

Lord Grantham

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 02:00:41 PM

I don't think the autopsy has been done yet, it was mentioned somewhere that would be towards the end of the week.

Chine

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 02:00:41 PM

Just saw her ‘I don’t believe in Magic anymore’ post.

She needs to log off. Talk to an actual friend, support in person or on the phone.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 01:55:56 PM

Pepe, I remember seeing that book for the first time when I was a young cunt. Back to heather, I've never seen someone bomb this hard since Amy schumers last movie.