Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Northern Lights on June 27, 2017, 02:00:39 PM

Ha. Nice.
"Were you a telescoped kid?"

"YOU say that Issac Newton was one of the most influential scientists of all times." (Said with an accusatory tone and emphasis on YOU.)

"Einstein was big on time."

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on June 27, 2017, 10:33:44 AM
???  :o

NO no no. LOL!  It's a drink!  ;D ...I swear.  ;)
He, he, he, that's OK... if that's what you want to call it, "Mr. Rogers."  ;D   Poor little Zeeb will be hiding in the trees for awhile.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 27, 2017, 02:07:56 PM
..."Einstein was big on time."

Haha yeah that was a good one.  Next will be "So, Darwin .. .big on evolution?"  Jeez.

He asked about gravitational waves, a hugely interesting topic - just the science experiment that proved them alone is worth a half-hour segment.  But after a brief response George just plows ahead into some other unrelated topic.  This is probably what annoys me the most.  You've got this real physicist with all kinds of info and there's just no real interest there.

Instead we keep getting steered back into generic quasi-religious/philosophical gray areas.  He seems to keep asking that stuff since these are by nature profound questions, so maybe it makes the host sound deep - but rather I think it just shows laziness, as they require no prep since there's no specifics related to the scientist's actual research.  "What was before the big bang?"  "Doesn't life have to be out there?"  "Didn't intelligent design have to play a part?" "Isn't the universe amazing?" Ugh, enough. 

As of last nite I've given up all hope of worthwhile interviews happening with real scientists on Noory nites.  From now on if I tune in at all, it'll only be for fringe guests since George at least sometimes has a vague interest in them and since I don't really take them that seriously anyway it can still be entertaining in a way.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on June 27, 2017, 02:40:05 PM
He, he, he, that's OK... if that's what you want to call it, "Mr. Rogers."  ;D   Poor little Zeeb will be hiding in the trees for awhile.  ;)

Yes I shall remain in my hiding place until I've processed all this and am ready to re-enter the world.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 27, 2017, 06:32:33 PM
Haha yeah that was a good one.  Next will be "So, Darwin .. .big on evolution?"  Jeez.

He asked about gravitational waves, a hugely interesting topic - just the science experiment that proved them alone is worth a half-hour segment.  But after a brief response George just plows ahead into some other unrelated topic.  This is probably what annoys me the most.  You've got this real physicist with all kinds of info and there's just no real interest there.

Instead we keep getting steered back into generic quasi-religious/philosophical gray areas.  He seems to keep asking that stuff since these are by nature profound questions, so maybe it makes the host sound deep - but rather I think it just shows laziness, as they require no prep since there's no specifics related to the scientist's actual research.  "What was before the big bang?"  "Doesn't life have to be out there?"  "Didn't intelligent design have to play a part?" "Isn't the universe amazing?" Ugh, enough. 

As of last nite I've given up all hope of worthwhile interviews happening with real scientists on Noory nites.  From now on if I tune in at all, it'll only be for fringe guests since George at least sometimes has a vague interest in them and since I don't really take them that seriously anyway it can still be entertaining in a way.
Every so often a caller will ask a good question and allow the legitimate guests to have an interesting answer. Or the legitimate guest will recognize and try to just talk through and not wait on a lame question (or, more commonly, a repeated question,*) although this is more rare. I personally found this the best line because Norry said it in almost a contemptuous or accusatory way, with emphasis on the YOU:
"
"YOU say that Issac Newton was one of the most influential scientists of all times."

I almost had a spit-take laughing. The poor guy almost had to defend the influence of Issac Newton and that only he personally, or somehow controversially, thought this. It was bizarre.

* sometimes I want to shout like a lawyer in Perry Mason "asked and answered! quit badgering the witness!"

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on June 27, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

He asked about gravitational waves, a hugely interesting topic - just the science experiment that proved them alone is worth a half-hour segment.  But after a brief response George just plows ahead into some other unrelated topic...
Hah!  Jorch, his "High Doltness" keeps getting higher.

"So, Jack The Ripper...big on killing folks?"  ::)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 27, 2017, 07:20:27 PM
Every so often a caller will ask a good question and allow the legitimate guests to have an interesting answer. ..

Correct, e.g. last nite a caller had an actually good question, on space-time or something as I remember.  Unfortunately just as often, you get goofs like the gal calling in just to inform the guest which books he should be reading.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ShayP on June 27, 2017, 01:00:46 AM
Noory had the nerve to close the segment with Sean Carroll by saying "He doesn't believe in God or an afterlife but I'm sure you do."  WTF!?

Late to the party, but glad this was picked on. Left me in a fury. A Noory fury. Just the other night he was repeating his bullshit about being neutral, but let anyone depart from his Sunday School theology and he starts editorialising immediately. Even so, last night took the biscuit. He must have thanked Carroll, hung up on him straight away, then made his comment. I just hope word has got back to Sean Carroll. Noory is just a mendacious, two faced little shit.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 27, 2017, 10:22:10 PM
Late to the party, but glad this was picked on. Left me in a fury. A Noory fury. Just the other night he was repeating his bullshit about being neutral, but let anyone depart from his Sunday School theology and he starts editorialising immediately. Even so, last night took the biscuit. He must have thanked Carroll, hung up on him straight away, then made his comment. I just hope word has got back to Sean Carroll. Noory is just a mendacious, two faced little shit.
And the amazing part is that he doesn't even have, basic, "Sunday School," much less when older stuff, knowledge, theology down right or understood. Ian would tear Norry apart with his bizarre claims and beliefs, if he called in to C2C as a caller with some Christian or religious theory. Simply as a matter of theology; not if "true" or not but just doctrine, history, ideas, etc and Ian isn't a Catholic. Norry wants to be everyone to everybody and know all- except women, callers, and certain guests who he will treat rudely, either due to whatever personal issues or due to them sounding/knowing more than him about a subject.

Dateline

He is commonly known on the Boulevard as Muggsy Norry.

Dateline

Horses eat and eat and eat and Norry sucks and sucks and sucks. 

CozyRozie

Quote from: Gnoory on November 05, 2013, 03:33:52 PM
Im willing to take advice. Just fix that sucks thread for crying out loud my granddaughter looks at this site

GNooryGab.com is getting ready to suck.

CozyRozie

Like to say "Hi" ;) to George's children and grandchildren who are visiting this thread.

Your father and your grandfather sucks as a radio host!!!
(but you know that already)
He might be great dad and granddad but as a radio host..he sucks.
Can you help us PLEASE to get him to stop sucking..or to quit and let some other,some intelligent person to host C2C.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

CozyRozie

Did you noticed that for the second night George Noory didn't said: jeez or geez.
That is a 100% proof that George is reading BellGab,/at least his and Art Bell's thread/.
He read what I posted in Art Bell's thread few days ago.

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:49:24 PM
Hi everybody, just got back from a trip cut short to San Diego where I got sick as a dog from something I ate at Denny's, jeez I was sick. Really a bummer because it cut short our trip.

Art
Quote from: th'ONE on June 24, 2017, 01:21:34 PM
jeez, I wonder who is copying who'm ?
is Art copying George or George copying Art

maybe George 'got it' from Art

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 04:56:29 PM
Jeez, relax I did not say I was leaving I was just pointing out to those of you who wrote that you thought I might leave because of a few critics. I have never cared what people say about what I do or experiment with. I was trying to point out what is important to me and what is not.

Art
Quote from: th'ONE on June 24, 2017, 02:05:16 PM
George Noory impersonator detected

goldendeal

Well, I have been sending emails to Jorch for a while now, first with the now defunct fast blast  and now through  email,  I have had only one response back  from Jorch which was literally a single word reply.. So I sent an email to not only Jorch but the producers of Coast. I finally got a response from someone named Josh. I am posting my email along with his response. I wanted to keep it civil as I wanted a response.

My Coast Insider subscription is due in two weeks. I have been a coast insider for the past 10 years, however, I am debating whether I want to continue. I see George has decided to change the direction of the program away from the original shows subject matter and topics  which was the paranormal. Week by week I wait for the guest and topic schedule to be released only to find subject matter does not include any paranormal subjects. I feel it would be the right thing to do for him to announce on the show that he has decided to take the program in a new direction. This is would be the right thing to do for all the long time listeners such myself that are holding out hope the program will return to what it once was. I feel the program has many long time listeners that are confused and disappointed in the new format and direction the program has taken.
I feel  an announcement from George stating the new direction would allow long time Coast subscribers such as myself that are on the fence on re-subscribing , make the decision to sign back up or move on. Coast listeners and fans of the program have always been faithful  despite how dreadful the current program is, and I just feel it’s the right thing to do at this point.

From Josh at Coast:
First, thank you for being such a loyal listener through the years. We greatly appreciate hearing from users such as yourself. We’ve been hearing feedback such as this from other users as well. We’ll gladly forward your message up to George and the producers so you’re being heard.

Thanks again and we hope you’ll remain a longtime listener!

ItsOver

Quote from: goldendeal on June 28, 2017, 03:48:53 AM
Well, I have been sending emails to Jorch for a while now, first with the now defunct fast blast  and now through  email,  I have had only one response back  from Jorch which was literally a single word reply.. So I sent an email to not only Jorch but the producers of Coast. I finally got a response from someone named Josh. I am posting my email along with his response. I wanted to keep it civil as I wanted a response.

My Coast Insider subscription is due in two weeks. I have been a coast insider for the past 10 years, however, I am debating whether I want to continue. I see George has decided to change the direction of the program away from the original shows subject matter and topics  which was the paranormal. Week by week I wait for the guest and topic schedule to be released only to find subject matter does not include any paranormal subjects. I feel it would be the right thing to do for him to announce on the show that he has decided to take the program in a new direction. This is would be the right thing to do for all the long time listeners such myself that are holding out hope the program will return to what it once was. I feel the program has many long time listeners that are confused and disappointed in the new format and direction the program has taken.
I feel  an announcement from George stating the new direction would allow long time Coast subscribers such as myself that are on the fence on re-subscribing , make the decision to sign back up or move on. Coast listeners and fans of the program have always been faithful  despite how dreadful the current program is, and I just feel it’s the right thing to do at this point.

From Josh at Coast:
First, thank you for being such a loyal listener through the years. We greatly appreciate hearing from users such as yourself. We’ve been hearing feedback such as this from other users as well. We’ll gladly forward your message up to George and the producers so you’re being heard.

Thanks again and we hope you’ll remain a longtime listener!
What Josh really said.

Thanks for being such a loyal stooge.  We could care less, as long as we have paying sponsors, such as Dr. Wallet and that Carnivora dude.  We'll forward your message to Dave, who'll most likely delete it without reading it or send you a "get a life, loser!" reply.  Producer Lisa will definitely delete your message, so don't worry about a reply from her.  She thinks Dave is great.  Tommee will just squirt some Cheez Whiz on a print out of your message and eat it.

Want some advice?  Don't waste your time with a message but make sure you keep supporting our sponsors.  Sucker.

Dateline

Tonight I was at the local bookstore and in the New Age section, there it was "Mad As Hell."  I had to flip through it.  I came across the dedication pages:

"I want to dedicate this book to Doc Wallet, and for our partnership in crime and supplements.  To Annie in Alabama, who does excellent impersonations, both male and female, and calls in faithfully when the lines are dead, and we call and beg for her to call us.  And, finally I want to dedicate this book to all of the women who I have had and those I have not, there is still time, I am not dead yet. 

The world is divided into the haves and the have nots.  I will equalize this division and make all women better for my presence in their lives."

I ran for the nearest trash can and the rest room. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on June 28, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
Tonight I was at the local bookstore and in the New Age section, there it was "Mad As Hell."  I had to flip through it.  I came across the dedication pages:

"I want to dedicate this book to Doc Wallet, and for our partnership in crime and supplements.  To Annie in Alabama, who does excellent impersonations, both male and female, and calls in faithfully when the lines are dead, and we call and beg for her to call us.  And, finally I want to dedicate this book to all of the women who I have had and those I have not, there is still time, I am not dead yet. 

The world is divided into the haves and the have nots.  I will equalize this division and make all women better for my presence in their lives."

Ha, ha, ha.  Jorch, better than Ipecac.

Quote from: Dateline on June 28, 2017, 08:38:01 PM

Definitive evidence the Snorge now believes his own bullshit.  Either that or he doesn't want his ghost writer taking any credit

NoMoreNoory

The tale of Joorch and the Navy gets a new wrinkle tonight. At least, I don't think I've heard this before. He claims he was unable to join as he wanted after graduation from college because of a heart murmur. But then the murmur went away and he was 'given a direct commission from Ronald Reagan through the Senate' and he took it.
I'm guessing they had a recruiting drive and had stopped worrying about heart murmurs by then. Not that that would have been an issue for him sitting behind a desk at the weekends anyway.

Then, on drones, he asks his guest:
'In terms of speed and sound, how fast are they?'

-GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 29, 2017, 12:14:59 AM
The tale of Joorch and the Navy gets a new wrinkle tonight. At least, I don't think I've heard this before. He claims he was unable to join as he wanted after graduation from college because of a heart murmur. But then the murmur went away and he was 'given a direct commission from Ronald Reagan through the Senate' and he took it.
I'm guessing they had a recruiting drive and had stopped worrying about heart murmurs by then. Not that that would have been an issue for him sitting behind a desk at the weekends anyway.

-GNS
Jorch always tries to make it sound like Ronnie woke up one day and thought, "Damn, the fate of the nation rests upon signing-up Dave Noorie.  I need to send him a personal invitation, stat!"  ::)  I'm sure it was just some mass recruiting drive and Dave got one of thousands of Ronnie auto signature letters.  It's like when Jorch name-drops some supposed Hollywood celeb as one of his big buddies.

DarkBroodings

That Tricia McCannon is nuts. That story about the Antarctic Nazi base is so freaking ridiculous. And did you know the ice sheets on Antarctica are up to eleven miles thick? That's 58,080 feet! Who knew Antarctic ice sheets were 20,000 higher than Mt. Everest! And apparently there are holes on both ends of the earth. Which is fine (!) in Antarctica, but how do you pull that off in the Arctic that is, oh nothing, just an ocean! And there's a dim sun inside the earth. I wish Jorch would ask her how water doesn't pour through that Arctic hole and put out the inner sun, but that would require him paying attention to his guests' nonsense stories. Oy vey! And the way she constantly praised Jorch's questions made me angry. His questions are many things but never praiseworthy!!!

damon

Quote from: DarkBroodings on June 29, 2017, 01:22:41 PM
That Tricia McCannon is nuts. That story about the Antarctic Nazi base is so freaking ridiculous. And did you know the ice sheets on Antarctica are up to eleven miles thick? That's 58,080 feet! Who knew Antarctic ice sheets were 20,000 higher than Mt. Everest! And apparently there are holes on both ends of the earth. Which is fine (!) in Antarctica, but how do you pull that off in the Arctic that is, oh nothing, just an ocean! And there's a dim sun inside the earth. I wish Jorch would ask her how water doesn't pour through that Arctic hole and put out the inner sun, but that would require him paying attention to his guests' nonsense stories. Oy vey! And the way she constantly praised Jorch's questions made me angry. His questions are many things but never praiseworthy!!!
You are forgetting about the Common Core math. Its makes very logical that the ice is more then 58,000 feet if you use common core math and Richard C hogaland's 19.5 science class logic.

ShayP

And there's a dim sun inside the earth.

I read that as 'dim sum.'  ;D  Oh I love that stuff.

His questions are many things but never praiseworthy!!!

To use one of Noory's responses... 'So true. So true."  ;)

ufogadfly

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 29, 2017, 12:14:59 AM

-GNS

He's just the worst in big radio when it comes to using the language.