• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rollye James

Started by 999, September 09, 2011, 12:31:35 PM

b_dubb

the new season is ok not great. putting lightning in a bottle is tricky. not sure why anyone would try

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on June 13, 2013, 12:56:39 PM
the new season is ok not great. putting lightning in a bottle is tricky. not sure why anyone would try

oy.  i was hoping you'd say it gets better as i move further into the season.  i guess some things should just be left well enough alone.

onan

Quote from: MV on June 13, 2013, 12:35:40 PM

what do you think about the new season?

So far I like the new season. 4 episodes in and some good laughs. Not as good as the first 2 seasons but better than most of the recent comedies.

*sigh* this is where we are... discussing Rollye...

awguy

Quote from: MV on June 12, 2013, 01:30:32 PM
her previous show was so caller driven that i have a difficult time believing this will succeed.  if she does get any callers, it will be from a rather small pool of people who likely will be heard repeatedly on her show.  if you want a nice range of callers flowing through your show, prepare for disappointment when hosting an internet only radio show.

Don't forget gang... Rollye returns tonight at 10pm ET.

I'm looking forward to it but I agree with MV, expecting more than a hand full of live listeners for an internet only radio show is an up hill battle for sure.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: awguy on June 19, 2013, 04:02:04 PM
Don't forget gang... Rollye returns tonight at 10pm ET.

I'm looking forward to it but I agree with MV, expecting more than a hand full of live listeners for an internet only radio show is an up hill battle for sure.

I'll be listening.  Hoping for the best.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: 999 on June 19, 2013, 08:22:10 PM
stream isn't working for me

It wasn't for me either.  It would play for about a second and then stop.  I opened iTunes and went to file, open stream, and pasted the stream URL there.  It's working great this way.

awguy

I'm listening with winamp and works great.

ponyboysunset

Omg, good radio, I forgot what it sounded like. Good, intelligent radio. Does anyone know where I can find old shows of hers? She is simply amazing. I am not drifting to sleep out of boredom but actively listening :) Lucky MV and Ev got to talk to her. :)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 20, 2013, 12:00:24 PM
Omg, good radio, I forgot what it sounded like. Good, intelligent radio. Does anyone know where I can find old shows of hers? She is simply amazing. I am not drifting to sleep out of boredom but actively listening :) Lucky MV and Ev got to talk to her. :)

I'm not sure where to currently find her old shows, but she did mention last night that she will be putting up some of her old shows on her site. 

I was pretty happy with her first show last night.  She had a fair amount of callers, mostly her repeat callers from her old show, but it was a good amount for an internet show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on June 20, 2013, 12:25:31 PM
She had a fair amount of callers, mostly her repeat callers from her old show, but it was a good amount for an internet show.

i caught maybe a 20-30 minute segment of the show and was surprised by the number of callers.  good for her.

some of her old shows are here until she moves them to the new site

http://www.mystreamingserver.com/index.html

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 20, 2013, 12:00:24 PM

Go to RadioTrainwreck archives.  February 2012.   ;)

ponyboysunset

Thanks everyone. I am listening live right now. Damn good radio. Happy, very happy, in lieu of fine art being shut down.

Meanandnasty

True when one door closes, the removal of the Fine Art Stream, another one opens, Rolleye James back on radio.  The Ying and the Yang of the radio universe has been balanced.  Now, someone needs to be shown the door.

ponyboysunset

I just called and bombed on trivia. Heart and Soul...grr...calling next week:)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Meanandnasty on June 20, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
True when one door closes, the removal of the Fine Art Stream, another one opens, Rolleye James back on radio.  The Ying and the Yang of the radio universe has been balanced.  Now, someone needs to be shown the door.

Very true. And while I never had the honor of talking with Art when he was on, Rollye was super nice, and funny, and gave me all kinds of chances to guess the trivia, including hints. I will be calling her again. But I suspected she was that cool after hearing the interview MV and Ev did with her awhile ago. The woman is a class act. I wish she would take over the Coast slot, but I think that will never happen. Or Clyde Lewis. It was very nice to participate in good radio as well as hear it. :) Also, the fact that she joked about having pants older than me was hilarious. Good lady. :)

Juan

I picked a Rollye show at random and gave the podcast a listen.  She's good as ever.  The first caller, however, a guy from South Carolina, sounds like a refugee from one of sNoory's shows. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: UFO Fill on June 29, 2013, 12:55:31 PM
The first caller, however, a guy from South Carolina, sounds like a refugee from one of sNoory's shows.

that's always been the big problem with rollye's show.  for such an intelligent woman who hosts such a great show, she sure does have a lot of dummies calling in.  i'm not sure why that is.  perhaps it's the trucker demographic clinging around from her XM days.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: UFO Fill on June 29, 2013, 12:55:31 PM
I picked a Rollye show at random and gave the podcast a listen.  She's good as ever.  The first caller, however, a guy from South Carolina, sounds like a refugee from one of sNoory's shows.
Is that the guy that suggested the numbers lady should be a guest, because that guy needs a shift kick in the ass? Yes, let's dumb down a good show with pure B.S.

I try to space out when I call in because I do not want to sound like some of the regulars that call her with nothing more than backwoods dribble about white castle and country music.(sorry in advance if I am offending anyone, it's bound to happen)

I only hate I came late to the party and missed the old years. BTW the woman answers emails personally, and not in a snotty way the way some other radio show host may have done. :)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 01, 2013, 09:45:42 AM
Is that the guy that suggested the numbers lady should be a guest, because that guy needs a shift kick in the ass? Yes, let's dumb down a good show with pure B.S.

I heard that caller and just rolled my eyes as soon as he said he was one of Noory's listeners and wanted the "Numbers lady" to come on.  I thought Rollye probably rolled her eyes too, but she's pretty heavily into astrology, so who knows?   ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 01, 2013, 09:45:42 AM
BTW the woman answers emails personally, and not in a snotty way the way some other radio show host may have done. :)

sorry about that.  :(

ponyboysunset

MV I was referring to Snoory, not you and Ev, you guys are wonderful:)

ponyboysunset

Aw yeah, that was my Etta James request:):)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 01, 2013, 07:55:27 PM
MV I was referring to Snoory, not you and Ev, you guys are wonderful:)

i know... just messing with u.

ponyboysunset

I figured :) But you should know you run a great show. BTW, per email with Rollye herself, no numbers lady. Not her thing :)

jrd30337

Loving her shows! Anybody know who her announcer is. That voice sounds so familiar.

White Sikh

Glad to see Rollye back on the air. Now I have something to stay awake for!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: floodlight on July 27, 2013, 09:34:35 AM
Loving her shows! Anybody know who her announcer is. That voice sounds so familiar.

The announcer was Steven B. Williams. Sadly he is no longer with us.

MV/Liberace!

Supposedly Rollye's last two shows are this week, and she's calling it quits. Someone said this in the comments at ufoship.com.