• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 17, 2012, 03:32:30 PM
The longer version of that HUD ad is even worse.  The accents are obviously faked.  And the dad says "And don't forget the Murphys."  God damn race obsessed social engineers and do-gooders ruin everything.

Anything the Ad Council touches is poison. They are the masterminds of these campaigns, "fighting hate" all the way to the bank.

punkinpie

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 22, 2011, 03:46:37 PM
This. And it's not even close.

1877 Kars 4 Kids Theme Song (HD)

/thread

Tao, that commercial will send me running to the radio to shut it off before I hear it once and it's in my head all day.  I hate everyone involved with Kars 4 Kids.  Who thought it was cute to spell cars with a K?  Dammit...that's is part of the commercial.

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on August 28, 2011, 11:24:11 AM
So I guess you won't be interested in my new fertility supplement for men:
Doublemyseed.com?

Sent from my DROIDX
I'm at your site ... but I'm not seeing Avi's testimonial

MV/Liberace!

i'm sick of the public service announcement with the old black dude who had a stoke and now sounds like greta van susteren.

edit:  at the end of the spot, he slurs out, "learn how you can help beat the odds."  perhaps that'll ring a bell for those who don't know which spot i'm talking about.

I hate the whooping cough adds! GOD DAMN THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!

BigDave

Male enhancement commercials like exTenze

McPhallus

It starts, "Graaaaaaandpaaaaaaaa," and then launches into fear mongering about mortgages.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on September 17, 2012, 01:58:39 PM
It starts, "Graaaaaaandpaaaaaaaa," and then launches into fear mongering about mortgages.

Oh yes. I know that one.

HorrorRetro

The PSA that tells kids that their break dancing, DJ'ing and skateboarding skills are the same ones that will get them into college.  Huh?  There is zero mention of studying and working hard.   It boggles the mind.

Digitech

Most of the commercials for Twisted Tea. I haven't heard one lately, but they advertised a lot last year and each of their commercials was very annoying. Each one began with a little horn fanfare and a guy screaming "teeeeee-wisted!". The end of the commercials would play the fanfare again.
And they would always do back-to-back 15 second commercials, so you would have that darned fanfare four times.

I also think the 'Live From Progressive' commercials are very irritating.... "It can get soupy!"

ItsOver

It must be a theory in the advertising the world that aggravating commercials work.  Going to the other side of the spectrum, when was the last time you bought something due to ANY commercial on AM radio?  I sure can't think of anything. 

The General

the hotels.com commercial where the girl tries to yodel makes me want to murder.

Sardondi

1) "I can go to college in my pih-JAAAAAAAmas?!"

2) ♪♫"In the arms of an angel"♫♪ playing in Sarah McLachlan ASPCA vid which plays this subliminal message: "If you don't give us your money we will poke out the eyes of these kittens; nail this dog's hindquarters to the hooves or a running racehorse; burn this puppy's ears off with a fire made from gerbil noses - it's all on you."

coaster

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 01, 2011, 08:18:31 AM
I had the misfortune of hearing the latest e foods direct commercial. That mushy hammy voiced owner came on and said "delicious beef straganov and dumplings and chili." I wanted to vomit.
hahah. that sounds so disgusting.

ziznak

Quote from: Sardondi on October 22, 2012, 11:23:37 PM
2) ♪♫"In the arms of an angel"♫♪ playing in Sarah McLachlan ASPCA vid which plays this subliminal message: "If you don't give us your money we will poke out the eyes of these kittens; nail this dog's hindquarters to the hooves or a running racehorse; burn this puppy's ears off with a fire made from gerbil noses - it's all on you."
I've awakened from the deepest of sleeps to turn this one off... it's just as bad as those commercials with santa claus and the starving kids...

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on October 23, 2012, 12:31:40 AM
I've awakened from the deepest of sleeps to turn this one off... it's just as bad as those commercials with santa claus and the starving kids...

"Hey, see if you can get the camera up into the kid's cleft palate this take..."

ItsOver

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 01, 2011, 08:18:31 AM
I had the misfortune of hearing the latest e foods direct commercial. That mushy hammy voiced owner came on and said "delicious beef straganov and dumplings and chili." I wanted to vomit.

I can just see Noory's mustache hairs floating around in the slop.  :P

sherry440

[quot
2) ♪♫"In the arms of an angel"♫♪ playing in Sarah McLachlan ASPCA vid which plays this subliminal message: "If you don't give us your money we will poke out the eyes of these kittens; nail this dog's hindquarters to the hooves or a running racehorse; burn this puppy's ears off with a fire made from gerbil noses - it's all on you."e]

Honestly, I laughed so hard when I read this tears came! My most hated (next to 2) is anything about vaginal mesh or "hot rawks" male enhancement. That's rocks with a w, mind you....

BobGrau

ziznak

personally i find the penis pill commercials a bit of welcome comedy... although I'm sure the post-e-vac victims don't feel the same

Sardondi

The "Enzyte" ads? Wow. They appear to me to be the only legally approved ads for snake oil. Everybody knows it's snake oil, but they laugh and buy it anyway. And the ads show the women twitching, switching back and forth and dancing on one foot, apparently so aroused by the thought (or maybe the pheromones) of the man taking the three magic beans Enzyte that they simply can't stand it - what a hoot. The ads are done in classic "ghost language" which literally promises nothing but which most folks read and draw the conclusion that they'll be Johnny Wadd if they just buy enough magic beans Enzyte to make them the kind of men that women go crazy for. For God's sake, the stuff even has a NASCAR sponsorship!

Oh, Safelite, for sure. Not because the campaign is so bad, but because of the sheer number of spots per hour. I swear if I hear "Safelite repair, Safelite replace" one more time...

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: sherry440 on October 23, 2012, 11:52:44 PM
[quot
2) ♪♫"In the arms of an angel"♫♪ playing in Sarah McLachlan ASPCA vid which plays this subliminal message: "If you don't give us your money we will poke out the eyes of these kittens; nail this dog's hindquarters to the hooves or a running racehorse; burn this puppy's ears off with a fire made from gerbil noses - it's all on you."e]

Honestly, I laughed so hard when I read this tears came! My most hated (next to 2) is anything about vaginal mesh or "hot rawks" male enhancement. That's rocks with a w, mind you....

Sometimes I think they spray the dog with water, stick then in a deep freezer then toss trash on them before they roll the camera. I've seen a lot of stray animals, but not any like that. And yes, I also cannot stand that commercial either.

Quote from: LacyWoodrow on November 02, 2012, 11:05:07 PM
Sometimes I think they spray the dog with water, stick then in a deep freezer then toss trash on them before they roll the camera. I've seen a lot of stray animals, but not any like that. And yes, I also cannot stand that commercial either.

As an animal lover, I find those commercials sad and very haunting. My late fiancé nursed many a critter back to health so I've seen the horrors firsthand.

onan

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 03, 2012, 01:01:29 AM
As an animal lover, I find those commercials sad and very haunting. My late fiancé nursed many a critter back to health so I've seen the horrors firsthand.

Yeah me too, my wife and I have been rescuing abandoned and abused dogs for more than 20 years and it still amazes me how twisted some of us can get.

Our last rescue, we kept. A small pitt-bull mix that was used as a bait dog. What the fuck goes on in some people's mind is beyond scary.

The commercial however is so manipulative that it is counter productive. At first thought it begs for compassion but then it crosses over into an irrational guilt binge. I sometimes wonder how vapid one's life has to be to need that kind of stimulation to feel something.

McPhallus

"Frank Bates," and his fucking irritating spots for solar power (or whatever it is) pandering to the off-the-grid, anti-government crowd.  Yah, all the utilities are part of a deeply-entrenched conspiracy.

Whatever information he's selling is, from what I've heard, freely available on the interwebs.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Sardondi on October 24, 2012, 06:48:13 AM
The "Enzyte" ads? Wow. They appear to me to be the only legally approved ads for snake oil. Everybody knows it's snake oil, but they laugh and buy it anyway. And the ads show the women twitching, switching back and forth and dancing on one foot, apparently so aroused by the thought (or maybe the pheromones) of the man taking the three magic beans Enzyte that they simply can't stand it - what a hoot. The ads are done in classic "ghost language" which literally promises nothing but which most folks read and draw the conclusion that they'll be Johnny Wadd if they just buy enough magic beans Enzyte to make them the kind of men that women go crazy for. For God's sake, the stuff even has a NASCAR sponsorship!

In a strange coincidence, I mentioned Enzyte in a reply to one of your posts. Be grateful and thankful that you seldom see those ads on TV these days. Those commercials made it seem like erections caused psychosis. They apparently filmed them in mental institutions.