• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

BobGrau

guest vocals by John Lear (MC Soul-Machine)
name by Sardondi, I think?

reincarnation camps in the desert (demo)

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on February 17, 2012, 08:13:47 AM
last one for now, promise!

Ha! We've heard that before. Actually, I didn't have the time to listen to these samples until today. You're quite good at this. Most of your, um, compositions are very rhythmically driven, but they don't have much in the way of mid-range progression (not in terms of sound, but in terms of counterpoint). This is very good stuff for the video game market, which is also very rhythmically driven with just a few memorable motives. I liked Yelling - very nicely modal, with almost Eastern elements. You're like a budding Wendy Carlos, but please, don't go quite that far.

BITB

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on February 20, 2012, 08:58:30 AM
Ha! We've heard that before. Actually, I didn't have the time to listen to these samples until today. You're quite good at this. Most of your, um, compositions are very rhythmically driven, but they don't have much in the way of mid-range progression (not in terms of sound, but in terms of counterpoint). This is very good stuff for the video game market, which is also very rhythmically driven with just a few memorable motives.

Appreciated. It may help if I explain that THIS man is my idol:

Venetian Snares - Pwntendo

I've got a long way to go.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on February 20, 2012, 10:26:55 AM
Appreciated. It may help if I explain that THIS man is my idol.

I've got a long way to go.

Hmm. I don't know. I like your stuff better, actually. I mean, I appreciate the sound-effect artistry of your idol, but even when I play games, it is the music itself which captivates and motivates. The effects must be musically integrated.

Alien Shooter- They Don't Bleed [Music No. 1]

A bit on the industrial, house-music, rave side, but really good.

Avi

Quote from: kregor on February 21, 2012, 04:23:55 AM
I wrote a song about the good people here in the coastgab forums. The chorus is:

"Why don't you fuck off
and DIE IN A FIRE!"

Got sheet music, sweetie? I'd perform it in a heartbeat!

Quote from: BobGrau on February 20, 2012, 10:26:55 AM
Appreciated. It may help if I explain that THIS man is my idol:
Gah, I'm not a fan of the Snares at all. I'm with Avi, I like your stuff more.

Plus, the Snares don't have any samples of Noory talking about robots.

BobGrau

yep, it's nearly full moon again...

the lear briefing (demo)

Quote from: analog kid on March 04, 2012, 02:04:19 PM
A Fleet Foxes alumnus

Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings

our techs have established that this is good for us.
please send more.

Zoning out to Pink Floyd today.  Someone note the sidereal time.

I need to make . . . an adjustment.

Terry Riley, a really strange guy

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 17, 2012, 07:30:50 AM
Terry Riley, a really strange guy

I think EVERYONE is really strange...
I deal with it using only two words...
Fuck It    8)

ya want strange?

*FUCK ME, RAY BRADBURY* (RACHEL BLOOM) (2010)

THAT DEPENDS ON THE CALIBRATION OF YOUR SHITTY FLIR CAMERA!!!

COCK SUCKER!

This album - Angel of Retribution by Judas Priest - is currently imprinting my turntabula rasa on this fine Spring day - a glorious day after being pummeled last night by Lyrids' rocks that didn't roll but burned out, which is better than achieving the grade of mangled spectre.

alejandro

Anders & Fahrenkrog - Gigolo (Official video).avi

Anders I Fahrenkrog - No More Tears On The Dancefloor (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

HEY GAYS!

well, actually it's not Modern Talking, but Thomas Anders (ex MD) and Uwe Fahrenkrog (Nena's Songwriter/Keyboarder) teamed up. Their album TWO came out last year, but I just discovered it today, so I wanna share it with you. I know MD was a love/hate thing in the 80's - people loved the music, but also it was considered "dumb, meaningless pop" so many were like ashamed to even admit they liked the tunes...

A funny thing indeed. But who carez, I like many songs from Modern Talking, and this 2 new songs from Anders | Fahrenkrog are really nice hip disco/lounge music.

enjoy!