• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

The General

Trump flirts with running for president, says Ron Paul has ZERO chance of winning the election.

Donald Trump: Ron Paul Can't Get Elected President

I'd tend to agree with him, but then again I thought the same thing the first time I heard about Barack Hussein Obama.  So... you never know.  I'd vote for Trump.

Silent

I've heard talk about him running for president.  What about Trump is it that you like?  I don't know anything about his political views but his background raises giant red flags for me.  Why would americans elect someone with so much incentive to help the ultra wealthy?  The man must have friends in high places all over the world who would come knocking on his door.  You don't become such a successful businessman without becoming used to screwing people over.  That's not to say your average politician genuinely cares about anyone's interests but his own but with Trump it's right on the surface.  His whole life has been about screwing people and building power.

The General

Quote from: Silent on February 11, 2011, 06:40:07 AM
I've heard talk about him running for president.  What about Trump is it that you like?...

Well, I never would have considered him, until I heard him on Michael Savage.  He's a savvy businessman and he could probably do more to fix our financial mess than anyone else could.  He's a strong conservative, he wants to impose tarrifs on China, he wants to make incentives for businesses to stay in the USA instead of shipping jobs over the borders and across the seas, he wants to fix the mess made by NAFTA.  He was against the Bush machine's dumb mistakes financially and militarily.  He wants to pull our troops out of Afghanistan and other places where we don't need to be.  He wants to run the country like a business and not an empire.  And I think he could do it.

Here's a clip.....
Donald Trump Calls the Savage Nation - Trump 2012? Aired January 10, 2011

I'd vote for Trump without a doubt. We need a fiscally responsible person in the White House who can not be bought off. I find it ironic that the people who are making huge financial decisions for our country are for the most part lawyers and probably never have taken either and Econ or Accounting 100 class.

MV/Liberace!

if i can be made to feel confident that trump is not a "free trade at any cost" zombie or a member of the bedroom police, i'd support him.  i also want the patriot act scrutinized and rolled back where appropriate.

anagrammy

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 11, 2011, 11:38:28 AM
I'd vote for Trump without a doubt. We need a fiscally responsible person in the White House who can not be bought off. I find it ironic that the people who are making huge financial decisions for our country are for the most part lawyers and probably never have taken either and Econ or Accounting 100 class.

History shows that what Americans consider most important in the department of presidential qualifications is... hair.  No one with bad hair has been elected since Eisenhower.  Hair is a manifestation of charisma, as scientists will agree. 

Trump has such bad hair you have to wonder about impaired judgment.  He has women around him who are savvy smart sassy good looking and yet--still?  The hair?  A thoughtful analysis leads one to the conclusion that he pays no attention to those around him who say things like, "Ditch the rug, Jack, you're a laughing stock,"  or the comment that is more certain to have come from those close to him, "Dad, the kids at school are making fun of me because of your combover.  Could you stop?"

If Trump refuses to listen to advisors then instead of having the benefit of the combined financial wisdom of his cohort, we get just him.  I have never believed that the way to eliminate the greed and materialism which has become a gangrene of corruption in the economy would be to hire the perpetrators, the Madoffs, and let them run things because "they understand it."

Anagrammy

The General

Quote from: anagrammy on February 19, 2011, 03:50:51 AM
History shows that what Americans consider most important in the department of presidential qualifications is... hair.  No one with bad hair has been elected since Eisenhower.  Hair is a manifestation of charisma, as scientists will agree......
Nice observation, I totally agree with you on this.  If his announcement of candidacy coincides with a new non-clown look, he could do it.  Otherwise, it's the hair with the D next to it that will win. 

The General

I mean, the guy clearly has clown syndrome of the hair.

b_dubb

Trump would never appeal to voters in middle America.  he's a billionaire.  he was born rich.  maybe he had to work in the family business when he was a kid but still.  people who destitute and on the ropes may look at a guy like Trump and think it might be nice to have money but no one says i want to BE Donald Trump.  the guy's a giant squid of a dick and he doesn't have any real friends.  only people on his payroll.  even his own family. 

the idea that just because someone has money and is good at business doesn't mean they'd make a good leader

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 19, 2011, 10:44:25 PM
Trump would never appeal to voters in middle America.  he's a billionaire.  he was born rich.  maybe he had to work in the family business when he was a kid but still.  people who destitute and on the ropes may look at a guy like Trump and think it might be nice to have money but no one says i want to BE Donald Trump.  the guy's a giant squid of a dick and he doesn't have any real friends.  only people on his payroll.  even his own family. 

the idea that just because someone has money and is good at business doesn't mean they'd make a good leader
i don't know.  i live in quintessential middle america (cape girardeau, mo), and recently, i've randomly encountered several people who have favorably mentioned donald trump and the things he's saying about our economic condition.  it's like ross perot - round two.  i know it's only anecdotal, but i'm not so sure the condition of being a billionaire necessarily precludes middle american support.

The General

Trump says FUCK repeatedly at a rally...
Interesting.  Calls China "Motherfuckers."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=13484380

The General

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 29, 2011, 09:43:03 AM

so what? who gives a fuck?  fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck
It's a new thing for someone who claims they are running for president to use the word Motherfucker.  I think it shows what some already knew, that this is a publicity stunt, and not a serious candidacy.  MV called it, I still believed he was serious till I saw this.

b_dubb

he's declared bankruptcy too many times to ever debate fiscal responsibility.  he's doing this for ratings.  and i'd like to see someone hold him down and shave off that ridiculous comb over

anagrammy

Trump has disgraced himself with is ridiculous announcement, in front of his TRUMPETY-TRUMP-TRUMP helicopter that he is so proud of himself for being wrongety-wrong-wrong about the birth certificate.

"I did something nobody else could do.  I am honored, I am proud of myself."

Maybe he can just spin, name-call and fire the economy back to good health.

Just when you think the Republican party could not have worse candidates, another pathetic egomaniac bounds on stage.  The good news is that there will be a rising segment, a real upsurge in job creation for comedians. 

Anagrammy

The General

yeah, I guess I'm back to hoping Ron Paul has a ghost of a chance. Not likely.  I'm so tired of a fake choice between Republiclowns and Demoncrats.

Ask yourself this: where do Obama and Bush differ?  Really.  We have one party.

Eddie Coyle

Republicans from the Northeast are generally to the LEFT of the average Democrat from the Mid-West or the South. Trump would prove no different, he's cut of the same cloth the RINOs like Rockefeller,Guiliani,Pataki,Bush 41...

As someone born smack dab in the middle of the Ford adminstration, I can safely say I've been disappointed deeply by every President in my lifetime...

b_dubb

Clinton was a good president imho

anagrammy

Quote from: b_dubb on April 30, 2011, 04:31:07 PM
Clinton was a good president imho

Do you like NAFTA?
How about the deregulating of derivatives during the Clinton years and then his daughter goes to work on Wall Street selling derivatives overseas?
And the waste of taxpayers dollars on the most expensive blow job in history.  Why didn't he just say "Guilty-Sorry" instead of acting like a lying piece of crap and spending his time focused on his sex life while the US economy maybe needed some tweaking.

And I haven't even got time to go into the tragedy of Bush who Peter Principled into the White House.
We all saw what he was made of when he heard "America is under attack."  We looked into them and out the back of his head.  An Alfred E. Neuman moment if I ever saw one.

Anagrammy

They all seem to be nothing but arrogant, lying sacks of shit.  Totally worthless.  No, I take that back.  Isn't some fancy perfume made from cat shit?  Or is it cat piss?  And even regular shit is useful as a fertilizer. 
OK, arrogant, lying sacks of ticks and fleas. HA!

Do I still vote?  Yes, I do.  But I'm also waiting for Art to return..............................

Deep, heavy sigh............... :'(

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: anagrammy on April 30, 2011, 04:57:56 PM
Do you like NAFTA?
How about the deregulating of derivatives during the Clinton years and then his daughter goes to work on Wall Street selling derivatives overseas?
And the waste of taxpayers dollars on the most expensive blow job in history.  Why didn't he just say "Guilty-Sorry" instead of acting like a lying piece of crap and spending his time focused on his sex life while the US economy maybe needed some tweaking.

And I haven't even got time to go into the tragedy of Bush who Peter Principled into the White House.
We all saw what he was made of when he heard "America is under attack."  We looked into them and out the back of his head.  An Alfred E. Neuman moment if I ever saw one.

Anagrammy

The abominable Bush years has made many nostalgic for Clinton,IMO. But Clinton was such a mediocrity, with the above disasters you mention,Ana, and also the needless interventions and continuation of dreadful foreign policy particularly in the Middle East-which didn't get our soldiers killed in great numbers, but lead to much misery and death among others feeding into the "why they hate us" paradigm. The Wall Street greed reached new heights in the late 90's,the outsourcing of jobs became more and more common, the worthless "War on Drugs" continued,and instead of cracking down on corporate crooks(Clinton's natural allies) he went after welfare mothers in an attempt to look like a tough guy in the wake of Gingrich's gang advances. And the sleazebags in his cabinet from Gore on down...Sandy Berger being the hideous countenance representing all of them.

b_dubb

i'm a big fan of how he was able to balance the budget and leave a budget SURPLUS for Dubbya to squander like a teenager on vacation in Acapulco

i know Clinton wasn't flawless.  but overall.  a success imho

and since  monica-gate began as Whitewater ... i don't hang that on Clinton but rather Ken Starr.  that fucker couldn't find anything ILLEGAL so he just decided he'd lump in infidelity

as for NAFTA ... i believe we have some fans of the Mexican Coke.  which might not be available were it not for NAFTA.  so tread lightly

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on April 30, 2011, 07:03:27 PM
as for NAFTA ... i believe we have some fans of the Mexican Coke.  which might not be available were it not for NAFTA.  so tread lightly

I was just about to pile up on Clinton but you put me in checkmate here Senor Dubb.  All hail Clinton, and pass the bottle opener!

onan

Forgive my cynicism. But it is all a clown show.

I hate Reagan, you hate Clinton. Like they both were the only person of power and influence.

Old Money and Corporate lust for power and greed have manufactured a culture of contempt. And they have all of us dancing to their tune. Mostly we eat it up.

It's a helluva lot easier to hate someone than it is to find substantive compromise. And believe me when I tell you that the two parties do not want us to compromise. If we did we wouldn't need them. So we get distracted as to when a cell is a person. We get hypnotized into thinking someone on welfare is on easy street. Cuz god knows that is the evil in the room.

There is little civility or tolerance for informed debate in this country.

But as far as trump goes... well the fact that we are even discussing him as a possibility should make us all cry.

b_dubb

while i agree with Onan ... i don't think that the political process in the USA is an exercise in futility.  i think voting for the lesser of two evils ... which is what our "Democratic" process really entails ... mitigates the coming shit storm.  the lesser of two evils.  the lesser of two shit storms

Eddie Coyle

Anyone needing proof that it's all a disgusting game should look at the vomit-inducing White House Correspondents Dinner tonight, where Obama,Trump,Palin all come together as one in a display of ass-grabbery that could make a buzzard puke. The literati,the glitteratti,the politicos all in their solipsistic glory...

Meanwhile, we've killed another Gaddaffi offspring...the last time that occurred(April,1986) lead to a happening over Lockerbie on Winter Solstice,1988. Bomb away,while our modern Neros make jokes and rub shoulders with actors.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 30, 2011, 10:18:35 PM

Anyone needing proof that it's all a disgusting game should look at the vomit-inducing White House Correspondents Dinner tonight, where Obama,Trump,Palin all come together as one in a display of ass-grabbery that could make a buzzard puke. The literati,the glitteratti,the politicos all in their solipsistic glory...

Meanwhile, we've killed another Gaddaffi offspring...the last time that occurred(April,1986) lead to a happening over Lockerbie on Winter Solstice,1988. Bomb away,while our modern Neros make jokes and rub shoulders with actors.

I couldnt have said it better.

The General

Good call Eddie.  And well put.  When Onan and I agree on politics, it's profound.

Eddie Coyle

Thank you guys, I'm sitting here listening to my Warren Zevon records and just staring in disgust at C-Span...it's just insufferable, watching "elected officials" act like starry-eyed kids around actors and athletes. Star fuckers united. Unreal.